Do you want to boost your hair salon revenue? If YES, here is a sample hair salon marketing plan template + killer marketing ideas and strategies to attract and retain customers.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a hair salon. We also took it further by providing an in-depth sample hair salon business plan template. In this article, we will be analyzing and drafting a sample hair salon marketing plan backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for hair salon businesses. So put on your marketing hat and let’s proceed.
A Sample Hair Salon Marketing Plan Template
- The Present Business Situation of Our Hair Salon Business
HairDo is a hair salon that allows the both male and female folks to have their hair needs satisfied in one convenient visit. Without disputing, there are quite a number of quick fix salons like HairDo and we are set to make a difference. We shall be offering private services where our hair stylists and barbers can go to the homes of clients to have their hair problems solved. We know that home service in a place like New York will generate a whole lot of profit that is why we want to key into the trend.
We glad to mention that our hair salon business have commenced operation in the heart of Ohio. Our business is duly registered and all permits have been granted us. We have put a lot in place quite a lot to make sure that we reach our target market at all times. It is no longer news that women and men alike love to look beautiful. This as a matter of fact is why we are in business- to make people look beautiful. We have followed through and through with our business plan in seeing that we operate with the best of practices.
It is important to state that our state of the art facility is second to none. We have the best gadgets and equipment that makes the hair trade a very enviable one. We have also employed the services of expert hair stylists who have a track record of working with celebrities in and around the United States of America. The expert who helped with our business plan is still in touch with us. This is so that we do not lose focus.
- Our Service Offering
At HairDo, the look is what matters to us, and we know that one couldn’t possibly achieve the type of look they wanted, except they wore a nice hair Do. This is why we have done our homework well and have come up with the type of services that we will be offering the public. The services we shall render include;
- Fixing of Weaves
- Relaxing the hair
- Barbing the hair
- Dying of Hair
Our Vision Statement
Our aim in business is to be your one stop shop, where the hair and appearance of our customers is uttermost.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to build a very creative hair salon brand, where all and sundry can turn to so that their appearance can be enhanced.
- Our Marketing Goals
We know that looking good is good business; this is why we have positioned our business in the part of Ohio where there isn’t so many competition. The industry is saturated quite all right, but the sky for sure is big enough for two birds not to collide. Our marketing goal is all encompassing and we are poised to meet it all.
Here are some of our market goals that we plan to stick to in the coming months and years.
- To have a minimum of 100 clients in a day.
- To have over 700 clients in a week, and over 3, 500 clients in a month.
- We have set the goal to consciously increase our clientele base by 30% in the next 5 years and then 25% annually.
- To increase all milestones achieved by 70% in the next 5 years and then 25% annually.
- To make it a point of duty to generate a minimum revenue of 600,000 US dollars within the first 12 months of operations
We aim to attain the following from our marketing efforts:
- We aim to achieve a sustainable growth at the rate of 15% annual sales growth
- Make sure that every client that visits our hair salon leaves with optimum satisfaction.
- We intend to attract both male and female from all walks of life be a part of our clientele base.
Our Marketing Budget
The hair salon business isn’t as capital intensive as some other types of businesses. Therefore, we might not be spending as huge as other businesses. As such, we have set aside 20,000 US Dollars in the kitty between our first years of operations and subsequently we intend to dedicate between 10 – 20 percent of our annual revenue to marketing of our day care business.
We were able to set aside our marketing budget from the startup funds we raised. We so much believe in the plans we have rolled out because we know that they will yield massive result.
Hair Salon Marketing Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- SWOT ANALYSIS
At HairDo, we understand the need to be at the top of one’s game, which is why we have gone ahead to identify our areas of strength and weaknesses. To a very large extent, being conversant with this means that we have the opportunity to up the ante when our services are involved. We therefore thought that it was going to be a very nice idea if we employed the best of consultant’s to help us carry this poll out, so as to be conversant with our strengths , weaknesses , as well as the opportunities that we are faced with.
As such we got hold of Mr. Alex Zen who is a renowned business consultant to help us carry out these activities. It is pertinent to note that he did a very thorough job. Here is a preview of the result we got from the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of HairDo Hair salon, New York.
HairDo Hair salon is centrally located in Madison, New York city; our location is in fact one of our major strengths because we have invested quite a lot in seeing that we have the best hair stylists, as well as a top notch facility that can attract new clients ( celebrities and non-celebrities) to us on a continual basis. We believe that with our strength, we will be able to attract a good number of people. The type of equipment that is procured is such that makes our work pretty easy.
It is no longer news that the competition rate in the hair salon business is one of the highest all over the world. It is for this reason that our weakness was realized. As such; our weakness is solely hinged on the fact that there are loads of other business owners who have delved into the hair making business in New York. This means that we have to brace yup for ample competition. Nonetheless, we shall continue to do our best to see that we bridge a gap between our strength and weakness.
Without mincing words, New York is one business district that boasts of an avalanche of clients. This is why we are located in such an area to start with. We know without reservation that we shall attract all and sundry when we kick start operation. Already the number of salons that are located in the vicinity where we plan to operate doesn’t meet the full needs of the people. As a result, we know that with us being there, and with the type of services we want to offer, and how we want to offer them, we shall break even pretty soon.
Some of the threats that are likely going to confront Hair Do Salon might be losing our clients to other competitors. If we win them over and are not able to give them the best of services, then there might be likelihood that we lose them again. This is one of the aims of wanting to even surpass the needs of the people so that we can gladly continue to be at the top always.
Hair Salon Marketing Plan – Market Analysis
- Our Target Market
Without a target market, one would fail woefully in business. This is why we have taken time bases on our business plant to map out and identify our target market. Our target market is unlimited. This is so because there is an avalanche of females, as well as males who fit into our ideal client. Interestingly, they can be found in all strata of life.
Here is a list of our target market; the people and organizations which our business is designed for:
- Career women
- Career men
- Stay at home mums
- Stay at home dads
Sources of Income
HairDo Salon business will generate income from the following service offerings;
- Washing and dressing of hair
- Fixing of artificial nails
- Hair cuts
It is important to state that our sales forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field. We render hair services to about 50 people a day, and about 350 people every week.
Then about 1, 500 people in a month and then about 20,000 people in the first year. Apart from the hair services for male and female, our additional manicure and pedicure services will also help generate more income. Below is the sales projection for HairDo Salon, it is based on the location of our business and the services and products that we will be offering;
- First Year-: $50,000
- Second Year-: $90,000
- Third Year-: $130,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any salon offering same additional services within 4.5 miles radius from our salon.
- Pricing Strategy
We know the importance of gaining entrance into the market by lowering our pricing so as to attract all and sundry that is why we have consulted with experts and they have given us the best of insights on how to do this and effectively gain more clients soon.
Our pricing system is going to be based on what is obtainable in the industry, we don’t intend to charge more (except for premium and customized services) and we don’t intend to charge less than our competitors are offering in New York.
Be that as it may, we have put plans in place to offer discount services once in a while and also to reward our loyal customers especially when they refer clients to us. The prices of our products will be same as what is obtainable in other places. On the average, our hair services will cost between $10.00 to $50.00 per service rendered. Do bear in mind that this depends on the service rendered.
Our Unique Selling Point; What Makes Our Hair Salon Unique to Our Competitions
We do not want to go with the crowd and offer only the things they do, this is why we have added some extra things to the pack. This way we will be more endearing to our clients. Here they are
- Our unique selling point is hinged on the fact that every client leaves with a smile on their face there is a nanny attached to a kid per time.
- There is a freebie for our clients at all times
- Our Pricing in moderate
- There is a side attraction for clients whenever they come to our hair salon.
Benefits Our Clients Stand to Gain When They Patronize Our Hair Salon
Part of our goal and which incidentally happens to be our mantra, has to do with the fact that we plan to leave every client better than they were. This means that we will give them the best in terms of hair styles and hair makeovers. This amongst many is what they stand to gain.
Here is a look at some of the front burner benefits our clients stand to gain:
- Quality customer service
- High quality service at all times
- Competitive prices and discounts based on loyalty and referrals
- State of the art facility, with the best hair tools and equipment.
Guerrilla Marketing Strategies for Our Hair Salon
- Creating Brand Identity for Our Hair Salon Business
Branding is one of the very essences of being in business. This goes to show that we know our onions and will not leave anything untouched in seeing to it that we get adequate words out to those whom we target. Here are the ways we intend creating brand identity for our Hair salon business:
- Designing a unique corporate logo- one that resonates with the services we render.
- Place adverts on both print and electronic media platforms
- Ensure that our employees are kindred spirit and can interpret the vision they carry.
- Place our flexi banners with our company’s logo and contacts in strategic positions in the neighborhood and beyond.
- Sponsor relevant fashion programs and entertainment shows.
- Maximize our company’s website to promote our business
- Leverage on the internet
- Capitalize on social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook ,Twitter, LinkedIn, Badoo, Snap Chat, Google+ and other platforms to promote our hair salon business.
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations in the location where we operate.
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in targeted areas from time to time
Strategic Marketing Alliance with Our Competitors in the Hair Salon Industry
We know that much more than having a nice hairdo, there is always the need to have the best of apparels on. This is one of the reasons why we look to partner with fashion houses and hair brands businesses in the referral of those who would like to visit our salon. This means for instance; that we could team up with a fashion business that has a huge influx of people. This is so that they can be referred to us.
Our Customer Retention Strategies (Ways to Improve Our Customer Experience)
We do not intend to let our clients disappear after a few visits. One of the ways that we would love to block all loopholes is by retaining them. On the other hand, retention isn’t possible without concerted efforts. Here are some strategies we have mapped out:
- Ensure that we go the extra mile in pleasing clients.
- Offer hair consultancy services for free
- Make birthdays and special holidays memorable for our clients
- Make use of effective customer relationship management (CRM) software to effectively manage our clientele base.
- Ensures that our clients get attended to on time.
- Make our hair salon a one stop shop to shop for all hair accessories.
- Offer multiple hair care services.
Possible Ways We Intend Offering Incentives to Our Customers/ Clients (Bonus, Discounts, etc.)
A freebie is one thing that is liked by all. That is why we want to offer incentives that would make customers stick with us. Here are some incentive styles to be imbibed;
- First off, offer free hair makeovers.
- For everyone that recommends a client, make him or her an ambassador.
- Offer discounts on special holidays.
- Host community shows.
- We will make special holidays a memorable one for our clients.
After Sales Service or Customer Support
- Check on clients through phone calls.
- Send messages and emails on how to care for their hair.
- We will have quality control experts who will ensure that our employees deliver the best of services to clients.
10 Possible Questions We Intend Asking Our Customers during Our Market Survey
These are the 10 possible questions we are going to put forward when conducting marketing survey on our customers / clients. They include the following;
- Are you satisfied with the services we render?
- Do you think we have missed something out?
- What areas would you want us to improve on going forward?
- Are you comfortable with our customer service?
- If you are not satisfied with our customer service relations, what areas would you want us to work on?
- Do you think our pricing is too high?
- Would you like us to offer more home service deals?
- Are there added services you want us to start?
- Would you freely recommend a client?
- If no, what are the reasons?
Actionable Marketing ideas for Our Hair Salon
Cost Effective Ways We Intend to advertise/ Promote Our Hair Salon Business without Using the Internet
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on when it comes to advertising and promoting our hair salon in the market place;
- Place adverts on national TV stations, Radio Stations and Newspapers / Magazines
- Sponsor relevant beauty shows
- Sponsor fashions shows
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations
- Distribute our fliers and handbills to targeted areas and offices from time to time
- Send out introductory letters to corporate organizations and households within our target market locations.
- Ensures that our employees wear our branded shirts at all times during working hours
- Send random text messages.
- Use the good old word of mouth
- Organize road shows
Affordable Ways We Intend to advertise/ Promote Our Hair Salon Business
The number of clients that can be gained online cannot be over flogged. This is because of the huge followership which the internet has. It is for this reasons that we too would want to plug in to the goodies that this technology have got to offer.
Here are the ways we intend leveraging on the internet to advertise / promote our day care services:
- Leverage on social media platforms such as the instagram- by uploading pictures of the latest hair styles we offer
- Start a facebook page where our services are displayed.
- Blog about hair and the care for the hair- provide tips and advices.
- Start a website and make it really attractive and interactive.
- Place adverts on high traffic websites
- Leverage on email marketing strategy to advertise and promote our Hair salon
- Send emails regularly to target market.
- Offer freebies through the social media platforms.
- Let bigger hair product brands promote us.
- Develop a hair style app that can be downloaded by all for free.
Creative Marketing Ideas Specific to Our Hair Salons
There will always be the need to be creative at all times. This is so that our hair salon business will continue to grow and we will be relevant in the industry. Hence, these are some of the marketing ideas and strategies that we will adopt for our day care:
- Direct Marketing- word of mouth
- Making use of referrals and recommendation
- Leverage on Online Marketing (via our official website, social media platforms, direct email marketing and blog et al)
- Revenue Sharing Business Partners
- Public relations during exhibitions
- Organize family month- where families can come and have a hair makeover
- Organize competition.