Are you currently living in Illinois and thinking of a business idea to invest in? Or perhaps you are planning to relocate to Illinois and wondering what businesses are viable and worth investing in?
If you answered YES, to any of the questions above, then below are the top 20 small business investment opportunities in Illinois that you can make money from in Illinois without the fear of losing your investment.
Top 20 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Illinois
1. Liquor Store-: You can start a shop for selling alcoholic beverages so that people can come into your store to buy pre-packaged drinks that they can consume at home.
Another smart business idea is to start a commercial laundry with coin-operated washers and dryers. You can find coin-operated washing machines for as low as $600 on the internet and you can also opt for fairly used machines if you cannot afford new ones.
3. Beauty salon and day spa-: You can also start a beauty salon or spa to care for people’s beauty and grooming needs. A day spa would serve people who want to relax and relieve stress.
You can start a bakery and confectionery in Illinois to produce an array of wonderful baked products such as breads, cakes and sweets. Some of your clients would be people who want to celebrate events or supermarkets and retail stores who can purchase them on wholesale from you and resell them their own customers.
5. Food Franchise
Obtaining a franchise of a popular fast food chain is also one business that always records a high percentage of success. However, this is a business that requires a huge start-up capital compared to some other businesses mentioned in this article.
6. Gas station
A large percentage of residents of Illinois own cars and those cars don’t run on water. Every vehicle owner needs to fill their vehicles with fuel to make them function. As a smart investor who knows that the best business to do is to satisfy a particular need, you should start a gas station so that people can get their regular fuel supply from you.
Illinois is home to many companies and people. There are lots of opportunities for residential or commercial cleaners as most people would rather outsource the cleaning of their homes and offices to professional cleaners as most people barely have the time to do their cleaning themselves.
8. Car wash
Residents of Illinois need to keep their beautiful cars sparking and shiny and you can be the one to provide this service. Starting a car wash business is not expensive. The most important thing is to get an open space suitable for a car wash.
9. Meat Shop
Lots of meats are consumed daily in Illinois and due to the diseases that may be spread as a result of careless handling of meat, people are often careful with where they purchase their meat from. You can start a meat shop where you can sell meat that is hygienically handled and pre-packaged.
Everyone desires a fit and trim body these days hence the rise in demand for supply of fitness products and gym centers. One of the best businesses you can start in this decade is a fitness themed business such as a gym center or a shop for selling gym equipment or fitness products.
11. Farm Produce Sales
Agriculture is one of the major factors that contribute to the growth of the economy of Illinois. Illinois is blessed with a good land for agriculture as well as several natural resources like coal, timber and petroleum.
You can start a business of selling agricultural produce sourced from local farms to other states or a small shop to sell fresh farm produce to locals.
12. Daycare Services
Working parents need a place to keep their kids while they work. If you are looking for a full-time business that you can run from home conveniently, then you should consider starting a daycare center or an after-school care center to keep children occupied after school.
13. Pet Hotel
Pets are lovely to have around the home but the real challenge comes when you have to travel for long periods for vacation or on a business trip and in such cases, it might be impossible to go with your pet.
If you do not have friends or family around that could help you look after your pet while you are away, it becomes a big problem. But it doesn’t have to be when there are pet hotels around where you can keep your pets till you return. If you are a kind of person that loves working with animals, you can start a pet hotel.
14. Floral Delivery-: Another business idea is to sell fresh flowers to people for home decoration or as gifts. You can also add delivery services to attract more customers.
15. Plumbing Services-: Plumbing services are always in high demand in every state. Plumbers are always needed for installation and repairs of home plumbing.
Illinois is the 5th most populous state in the USA and as is the case with most populous states, accommodation is always a challenge. Starting a real estate brokerage to help people secure good accommodation is a smart business idea.
18. Computer Sales/Repair-: You can make good profit from selling new or fairly used computers as well as computer accessories.
19. Medical Wellness Center-: Another business opportunity is to start a medical wellness center to care for sick people as well as the aged.
20. Sports Bar-: Lastly, you can start a sports bar where people can relax while they watch their favorite team play.
Latest posts by Ajaero Tony Martins (see all)
- A Sample Music Venue Business Plan Template - February 2, 2020
- A Sample Indoor Shrimp Farming Business Plan Template - February 2, 2020
- How Long You Have to Buy Insurance After Buying a Used Car - January 29, 2020