Are you searching for small business opportunities in Oregon, United States? Are you considering starting a business in Oregon but you simply lack ideas on what business to start? If YES, then i advice you read on as this article will help solve this problem.
One of the greatest challenges small business owners face in Oregon and in fact, everywhere in the world is the problem of competition with big businesses. A lot of people are even scared of starting their own businesses because they fear that they won’t be able to compete against the giants. This is not true.
Before I go ahead to tell you 10 unique business opportunities in Oregon, I want to tell you how you can compete with the giants in the industry. There are so many advantages small business owners have over larger business and those are the tools that they can use to compete against big businesses. Some of them include-:
3 Advantages your Small Business Have over Big Businesses
- Customer relationship-: Smaller businesses are able to relate with their customers on a personal level. They are able to find out what their customers tastes and preferences are and they are also able to find out how they can improve on their products and services to suit customers’ needs. Large firms on the other had are not so exposed to their customers and they have to spend a lot of money on research to find out what their customers preferences are.
- Flexibility-: Smaller firms are able to respond to changes faster than the big firms. As a small business owner, you can easily make decisions that would improve customer satisfaction but larger firms have to go through a lot of bureaucracies before decisions can be made.
- Cost reduction-: Smaller firms can afford to keep their overhead costs low and reduce their prices but bigger firms have to deal with high overhead expenses.
So, you never have to be scared about starting your small business because as it is, you have a better advantage over larger companies to some extent and that means that you can succeed. The business opportunities that you can explore in Oregon include-:
Top 10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Oregon, USA
1. Apparel Making and Sales-: Everyone wears clothes and as long as you produce quality clothes, there would always be a demand for your products. There are different niches in the apparel making industry that you can explore, some of which include-:
- Sportswear making-: You can make jerseys, workout wears and other types of sports outfit.
- Ready-to-wear Dresses-: This involves making of casual dresses like work outfits, dresses, shirts, blouses and so on.
- Couture Dresses-: Couture dressmaking involves making clothes on a demand for celebrities and fashion forward individuals.
- Bridal Dressmaking-: This involves making of wedding dresses for brides and bridesmaids.
There are several other niches in the apparel industry that you could go into like baby wear making, elderly wears making and so on.
2. Business Consulting-: This involves offering of advice and support to business owners. Some of your duties would include-:
- Customer relationship management
- Business Process engineering
- Software development and implementation
- Sales and marketing strategizing
- Business Planning and Budgeting
- Workforce Management
- Financial and tax advisory services.
3. Pet lodging-: Do you have pets? Have you ever had to embark on a journey that required you leaving your pet at home? How did you manage it? A lot of people are lucky enough to have families and friends who can take their pets from them and care for them while they are away but there are so many people that do not have that privilege.
These people have to use pet lodging services. A pet lodging business involves caring for pets while their owners away. It is a business that you can start with little capital and it is very lucrative too.
4. Business Grant Writer-: You can put your writing and your business knowledge skills together to start a grant proposal writing business. A grant proposal writer helps business owners and NGO’S to write proposal letters to seek for funds.
5. Foreign Market Consultancy-: You can also start a business that offers advice and support for businesses that want to invest in the foreign market. A lot of business owners have products and services that are highly demanded in the international market but have no idea about how to start trading internationally. This is where you would come in; to support such businesses.
6. Bi- Lingual Call Centers-: Another business idea is to start a call center. Now, you wouldn’t be starting just any call center. You would be starting a call center with representatives that can speak different languages. This is another business that serves people who carry out international trade. Some of their clients may not understand English language and that’s where your services come in, to provide language translation and customer service support in diverse languages.
7. Herb Farm-: A lot of people are now embracing natural healthcare and prefer herbal drugs over synthetic ones. You can start growing herbs on an industrial scale and supplying to herbal drug manufacturers.
8. Vegan-Grocery store-: Yet another business idea is to start a Grocery Store that caters solely to vegans and dieters.
9. Dog grooming-: Another business that you can start is a dog grooming service. You can choose to have a grooming salon where people can bring in their dogs for bathing, teeth brushing, trimming and other grooming services. You may also choose to have a mobile grooming salon.
Mobile grooming involves taking your grooming services to the doorsteps of your clients. You would purchase a grooming van that comes with all the facilities you would need and then you would have client’s book appointments with you and drive down to their homes to groom their dogs. This service is usually embraced by people who have several dogs or people who want to keep their digs safe from infections by exposure to other dogs.
10. Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning Expert-: Lastly, you can start a HVAC business. You can help to install heating and cooling systems in new buildings or perform repairs and maintenance for people.
In conclusion, you must remember that the most important factor in choosing a business is to do something that you are passionate about; a business that you can enjoy doing and promoting.