Do you want to buy poultry equipment and need to know the best place to buy them? Here are poultry equipment & tools you need and top 10 places to buy them.
If you are planning to start a poultry farm, you would need the right equipment at suitable prices. It is unlikely that when you are starting your poultry farm, you would have a truck load of extra funds to throw around. Most likely, you would be on a tight budget because of the long list of things you have to put in place. This is why you must do everything within your means to cut on costs of buying poultry equipment.
The first step to take in cutting costs of poultry equipment is buying from the right source. In case you are confused about where to buy your equipment from, you have come to the right place because when you are done reading this article, you would have a clearer insight on how to go about buying equipment for your poultry farm. There are three options to consider when buying poultry equipment;
- New Equipment-: This involves buying new ready-made equipment from suppliers or in the open market.
- Fairly Used Equipment-: You may find poultry farmers who are going out of business, relocating or selling off their poultry equipment as a result of expansion.
- Custom made equipment-: Another option is to have your own equipment custom-made specifically for you by manufacturers. The manufacturers would make the equipment to suit your taste, design and needs.
Now, I am going to discuss some of the popular poultry equipment and where you can get them from-:
Poultry Equipment & Tools You Need and Top 10 Places to Buy Them
1. Chicken Eggs Hatching Accessories-: One of the most popular processes in poultry farming especially for large scale farmers is incubation and hatching of eggs. You would need a number of accessories to hatch your own eggs. Some of the accessories you would need are-:
- Candles Scales-: The scales are used to weigh the eggs to determine their value while the candles are used to track the development of the eggs.
- Thermometer-: Used to measure egg temperature.
- Boxes and Trays-: This is used for packaging the eggs.
- Inserts and Cradles-: Incubator inserts and cradles are also very essential tools for egg hatching.
- Egg washing tools-: You would also need some immersion and washing devices to clean the eggs which are usually very dirty upon collection.
You can get your egg hatching accessories from the following places-:
- Alibaba.com-: A Chinese e-commerce platform where you can have almost any type of equipment custom-made for you.
2. Poultry Processing Equipment-: If you want to go into poultry meat processing and packaging, you would need equipment with specific technical abilities which would also meet your market demands and most importantly, would be affordable for you. Some popular poultry processing devices and equipment are-:
- Pluckers-: These are used for removing the feathers from the birds neatly. Poultry pluckers are designed to make the process very fast and easy.
- Scalders-: Scalders are used to scald birds using special temperature control mechanisms.
- Cutters-: This is used to prepare the meat and cut them up for further processing.
- Killing Cone-: Live Chickens are inserted into the killing cones to automate the process of killing the chickens.
- Processing bags-: When the processing stage is complete, you would need to pack the meat in durable storage bags for storage and supply.
You can get your poultry processing equipment from-:
3. Poultry farm through standard poultry heating system. Poultry brooders use specialized thermostats to adjust the temperature in the chicken house from time to time. There are the automatic lamp brooders, battery brooders, area brooders and gas infrared brooders; each with its own unique specifications and use. You can get your brooders from-:
4. Poultry ventilation systems-: The right amount of ventilation is crucial to the health of poultry animals and this is why poultry farmers spare no cost to put the right equipment for ventilation in place. You can get your poultry ventilation systems from-:
5. Poultry drinking systems-: Birds have different drinking behaviors and to ensure growth and optimum level of performance from your birds, you have to set up a good water supply system. Some popular drinking equipment are nipple drinkers and bell and ground drinkers, You can get your drinkers from-:
6. Poultry feeding systems-: The birds need the right type of food for growth and egg production and importance should be placed on the type of feeding system used. Some of the popular poultry feeding systems are-:
- Automatic pan feeder-: This is the most suitable for broilers. It includes a feed hopper, automatic feed scales, integrated feed chain systems and champions; all designed to reduce human efforts in feeding poultry animals.
- Chain Feeding System-: This is specifically used to supply powdered poultry feed to the poultry house in pre-determined quantities.
- Round and Hanging Tube Feeders-: This is one of the most popular poultry feeding systems although it is often argued that this feeding system is not too ideal because it does not provide a controlled and balanced feeding for the birds.
You can get poultry feeding systems from-:
6. Poultry feed milling machine-: Making your own poultry feed is more cost effective and it also increases profitability. You can have your feed milling machine custom made for you or buy from the following places-:
Most of the websites listed above can ship items to different countries so, it doesn’t matter where you are based, you can look at their website and when you are convinced that you want to do business with any of the suppliers, call them up for further discussion and shipment arrangement. You can also find most of these items in your locality if you conduct your research well.
- Can You Buy Alcohol With a Vertical License or Paper License? - July 2, 2021
- How Long Does It Take for an EIN to Become Active? - July 2, 2021
- How to Cancel My EIN Number? - July 2, 2021