Are you interested in doing business in the transport sector? Then below are the top 20 profitable small business ideas in the transportation industry that you can start in 2019.
Transportation is one of the oldest businesses in the world and is one business that can never go extinct because as long as the world continues, people would always have the need to move around from place to place. It is also one business that you can make cool cash from. If you are looking for a business in the transportation sector, then here are a few business ideas for you-:
Top 20 Small Business Ideas in the Transportation Industry for 2019
Business owners always need to move goods and raw materials from one location to the other. It could be from the warehouse to the store or from the port of arrival to the point of sales. Whichever way, haulage is a very good business opportunity that could have you raking in thousands in no time depending on how hard you can work.
2. Towing Service-: With just one towing truck, you can start a towing business. Your job will be to help move broken down or illegally parked vehicles to a designated place.
Boats are more than a source of transportation or a fishing aid. They are now used as a recreational facility. It is not uncommon to see people take boat trips during holidays. Some people even hold events onboard boats. If you have sufficient funds, you can have a boat made for you or buy one that you can start renting to people.
4. Car wash
Cars get dirty and need regular wash but most people have no time to spare. Driving to the car wash to get your car professionally cleaned is much easier and faster than spending time washing it yourself. Starting a car wash requires having an open space and some money for the necessary equipment.
5. Courier Services-: If you have a car and you have enough free time on your hands, you can start a courier service and help people pick up items and transfer them to other cities or towns.
6. Car hire-: You can also start a car rental services to people who are interested in borrowing your car for a few hours or days. This service is popular amongst tourists and people visiting a place for a few days.
7. Limousine Service-: Sometimes, people love to arrive at a place or event in style using luxury vehicles such as a limousine. You can start a limousine service to cater for the needs of such people.
8. Mobile oil change-: Another business idea in the transportation industry is helping people change their car oil. This is a business that requires little capital to start.
9. Motorcycle sales
You can also start selling or repairing motorcycles. A lot people now own motorcycles because it helps people get to where they are going faster than motor vehicles that could get stuck in traffic. Motorcycles are also used for delivery services by courier companies and pizza parlors.
10. Kids Taxi Service-: Another hot business idea in the transportation industry is helping people convey their children to and from school.
11. Driving School-: If you are very good behind the wheels, you can start a driving school and teach people how to drive.
12. Medical Transportation-: This is also a relatively untapped niche. Medical transportation services involving helping move sick people around especially those who are in an emergency situation like accidents, heart attacks or labor.
13. Mobile Auto-detailing-: This is a good business for you if you love polishing and fixing things up. You could help people polish their cars and maintain it so that it comes out as good as new.
14. Taxi/Cab services-: Another business you can start in the transportation sector is a cab service. Cab drivers make cool cash daily just from transporting people from one place to the other.
15. Bus Transport Services
Some travelers cannot afford air travel, so they resort to ground travel through buses or trains. You can purchase a bus, hire a driver to help you drive it if you cannot drive it yourself and there you go; you are ready to start your own transportation business. You can also become an affiliate and attach your bus to an already established transportation company.
16. Private jet rentals-: This is a business for the big boys. If you have enough capital, you can make millions just from renting out a private jet to celebrities, business men and politicians who love to travel in style.
17. Airport transfer services-: You can also start a business aimed at helping to pick people from the airport and dropping them off as well.
18. Gas station
The thousands of vehicles you see moving around on daily basis need to be fuelled and that fuel has to come from somewhere especially since most people don’t have gas stations in their garages. You can be the one to provide this vital service to people around your area
19. Shipping-: This is another one for the big boys because it is very capital intensive to start a shipping line. However, it is one of the most profitable businesses in the transportation sector.
20. Used Car sales
A lot of people desire to have cars but not a lot of people can afford brand new automobiles. This is why used car sales continue to be a viable business venture. You can start selling used cars too and if you don’t have enough capital, you can act as an agent until you gather enough funds to start your own car sales business.