Are you about writing a business plan for a trucking company? If YES, here is a sample trucking business plan financial projection, cost, budget & forecast suitable for investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
Our Startup Budget and Expenditure
- The Total Fee for incorporating the Business in South Dakota – $750.
- The budget for Liability insurance, permits and license – $2,500
- The Amount needed to acquire a suitable Office facility with enough parking space for our trucks in South Dakota for 6 months (Re – Construction of the facility inclusive) – $40,000.
- The amount required to finance the purchase of the first set of trucks – $800,000
- The Cost for equipping the office (computers, printers, fax machines, furniture, telephones, filing cabins, safety gadgets and electronics et al): $5,000
- Cost of accounting software, CRM software and Payroll Software – $3,000
- Other start-up expenses including stationery – $1000
- Phone and Utilities (gas, sewer, water and electric) deposits – ($3,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- The Cost of Launching our official Website: $600
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al): $2,500
Going by the report from our market research and feasibility studies, we will need about $1M to set up a trucking business in South Dakota.
A Sample Trucking Business Plan Financial Projection
- Sources of Income
Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. will ensure that we leverage on our strength and the opportunities available to us in the U.S. market to generate enough income that will help us drive the business to stability. We will go all the way to explore every available sources of income in the trucking industry. Below are the sources we intend exploring to generate income for Terry Granville Truck Service Inc.;
- Moving supplies
- All furniture quilt-wrapped for protection
- On-time pickup and delivery
- Home and office movement
- Local and long distance movement
- Heavy duty equipment movement
- Excavators movement
- Bulldozers movement
- Construction equipment movement
- Agricultural equipment movement
- Movement of timbers
- Movement of oil and gas products
We are well positioned to take on the available market in the U.S. and we are quite optimistic that we will meet out set target of generating enough income / profits from the first month or operations and grow the business and clientele beyond South Dakota to other states in the U.S. and Canada
We have been able to critically examine the trucking industry and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in the United States of America.
Below is the sales projection for Terry Granville Truck Service Inc., it is based on the location of our trucking business and our competitive advantage;
- First Fiscal Year-: $300,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $900,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $1,500,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and the nature of services that we will be offering.
Latest posts by Ajaero Tony Martins (see all)
- Designing an RV Park – 6 Critical Factors You Must Consider - January 16, 2020
- 8 Strong Reasons You Should Become an Entrepreneur - January 9, 2020
- How to Find a Business Partner or Investor With Money - January 9, 2020