Do you want to make money on the side as a Notary but lack ideas and know-how? If YES, here are 9 best ways to make money fast as a public Notary in 2022.
Being a notary is a very good way to make extra money in the United States of America irrespective of if you are doing it on a regular or part time basis. Because the services of a notary are needed to get important documents signed, like car deeds, land deeds, bank documents, court documents and so on, this makes their service to be in constant demand. However, you will have to make sure that you have all the necessary qualifications and meet all the necessary requirements.
What is a Notary?
The state government appoints notaries as officials of integrity. They’re trusted impartial witnesses when important documents are to be signed. A notary is tasked with performing fraud-deterrent acts such as confirming the identity of signatories and their understanding of the document in question.
In most states, in order to become a notary, you will have to be at least 18 years of age, have legal residency in the state where they are seeking approval and have a clean criminal record. Furthermore, certain states will grant notaries from neighboring states approval to perform the job there. Some states also require notaries be able to speak and write in English.
Is It Legal to Make Money On the Side as a Public Notary?
Before you can start making any money as a notary public, you will first need to make sure you have met all the necessary requirements by the state office to start notarizing documents legally. While each state has similarities in fees and licensing requirements, every state also has significant difference in the appointment process, length of commissions, and the powers and duties of a notary public.
After you must have gotten your license as a notary, the next thing you should do would be to market yourself appropriately to effectively solicit business. One of the best ways to do this is by using the Internet to market your services. You can do this by creating articles, or web content for your web page that will boost the visibility of your site in search engine rankings.
You can also look into hiring a professional internet marketing company that specializes in boosting web presence, that can help to get your name on the top of every search for notary public’s in your area. You can also place ads in your yellow pages or in classified sections in your local newspaper in order to market yourself.
While it may be difficult to sustain a full-time income from working as a notary public, there are definitely opportunities out there to make some good money. Here are some ways to make good money as a notary in the united states of America.
9 Best Ways to Make Money as a Public Notary in 2022
1. Hold seminars about how to buy your first home: This is easier than you might think. Just contact a local real estate agent or loan officer to host your event. You do all the marketing, and they provide the expertise, making this a win-win situation.
2. Perform process serving: Process servers serve legal documents to individuals such as subpoenas and other court-related documents like divorces, child support et al. Check with your jurisdiction as to what is required of you to become a server. You don’t have to take every one, and you can try once and if it’s too hard or too scary, you can give the papers back and decline.
3. Offer seminars about identity theft: as a notary, you are expected to be quite knowledgeable in your local area when it comes to identity and this will allow you to build an “expert” reputation in your community.
4. Become a mentor to another Notary: This can help you grow as a professional after becoming a mentor, and this role can help you build a more holistic, well-integrated business. You can as well charge some money for your mentorship.
5. Be a wedding official: Four states in the United States (Florida, Maine, Nevada and South Carolina) authorize commissioned Notaries to perform marriage ceremonies as part of their official duties. Other states may let you do so with a special wedding permit. Check your local laws to confirm what wedding operations you can and cannot do in your locality. Florida permits Notaries to charge $20 and Nevada $75 to conduct a marriage ceremony.
South Carolina permits a $5 notarial fee and a separate travel fee. Other states do not specify the amount that may be charged for officiating a wedding. For other states, fees vary depending on state laws, region and the date and time the ceremony takes place.
You can get started by checking with your state Notary-regulating agency if you are commissioned in a state that authorizes Notaries to perform weddings. In other states, check with the county clerk’s office in the jurisdiction you wish to perform weddings in for more information. If you are active with a church or other religious affiliation, you may wish to consult with your clergy to see if becoming a wedding officiant will affect your religious standing.
6. Be a Notary Signing Agent: They facilitate loan closings for the mortgage finance industry. You must be a Notary before starting the NSA certification process. Notaries should be aware that opportunities to conduct loan signings may be limited or restricted in some states. You can be paid a minimum of $50 to notarize after someone signed first or second mortgage loan papers.
7. Blogging: a blog is an individual website that is updated on a regular basis. Due to the tremendous amount of people who use and rely on the internet on a daily basis, blogging has become a very profitable business to start. It only costs a couple of dollars to get started.
Patience, along with a basic knowledge of SEO and being able to create quality content is essential. You can start up a blog that will be based on the notary business; how to become a notary, challenges involved, experiences and lessons learned.
8. Podcast: a podcast is like a personal radio show where you talk about specific topics. Before you think about monetizing your podcast, you have to make sure that it is filled with rich and engaging content. You can monetize your podcast through sponsorship, affiliate marketing or even sale of your own product. You can easily startup a podcast about the notary business and then monetize it along the way.
9. Form I-9 Services: Every employer must complete a Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification for every employee it hires. Because of the growing number of remote employees in the workforce, employers are allowed to designate an authorized representative to complete the form on their behalf.
And the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services sees Notaries as good candidates to serve in this role. You should advertise your services on your webpage and social media pages, and reach out to various businesses that are likely to hire remote employees on a regular basis.
- 50 Best 3d Printing Business ideas You Can Start in 2022 - January 8, 2022
- How to Start a Clothing Line With No Money or Experience - December 3, 2021
- How to Choose a Perfect Business Name That Stand Out in 2022 - October 29, 2021