Do you want to start a craft business but you need ideas? If YES, here are 50 most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell fast on EBay or flea markets.
Woodworking can be a very good way to earn some side income for yourself as a student, stay-at-home mom or dad, or an unemployed graduate. Wood projects are highly versatile and in high demand as a lot of people need them in their homes and offices for diverse reasons.
If you fall into the category of the above persons, you don’t have to always rely on mom, dad, odd jobs or social welfare for pocket money. You can earn some money for yourself on the side by creating any of these 50 profitable wood projects.
50 Most Profitable Woodworking Projects to Build & Sell on EBay
1. Piggy Banks: Many people buy piggy banks for themselves and for their children to help them develop a healthy savings culture. You can make piggy banks with lovely designs that you can sell to your fellow students, parents, or even supply to local stores around you in wholesale quantities.
2. Stationery Holders: You can create small stationary organizers that can be used to organize and store stationaries neatly. This is a good item to sell to fellow students and staff members of your school.
3. Wooden Phone Amplifiers: Wooden phone amplifiers help to boost sound emanating from a mobile phone when you place the mobile phone inside them. A lot of students would love to buy this smart gadget that doesn’t even take so much time or effort to create.
4. Salt and Pepper Shakers: Almost everyone needs these in their homes. You can create beautiful salt and pepper shakers and sell them to local restaurants, at flea markets, or to fellow students.
5. Paper Towel Holder: Another idea is to create paper towel holders. People can use these in their toilets or kitchens, or gift them to other people during holidays or festive periods.
6. Boot or Shoe Jacks: This is one thing your male colleagues in school would love. Instead of struggling with taking their tight-fitting shoes or boots off, they can easily use these boot or shoe jacks to remove them mechanically.
7. Picture Frames: Wooden photo frames are preferred by a lot of people as they are more durable than glass photo frames. You can make these and sell them to fellow students, at flea markets, or supply them to gift stores around you.
8. Wooden Bottle Openers: You can also create wooden bottle openers of diverse shapes and colors and sell them to people around you.
9. Jewelry Boxes: Combine good wood with attractive leather and use it to create trendy jewelry boxes for females.
10. Wristwatch Holders: Along with jewelry holders, you can also create wristwatch organizers that people can use to arrange their wristwatches neatly and safely.
11. Recipe Boxes: Another idea is to create a recipe box that people can use to store their recipes and keep them in their kitchen pending when they are needed.
12. Wine Bottle Holder: Wine holders make for perfect gifts and home decoration items. They are easy to make and can command good money in the market place.
13. Knife Blocks: Attractive knife blocks command a lot of money in the market place. You may have to purchase some knives to place in the box. You can sell your knife block for between $30 and $100 depending on the quality of the wood and knives. These can also be supplied to gift stores or sold individually.
14. Bag Hangers: People prefer to use bag hangers to organize their bags. This would sell well amongst students who live in the dormitories or those who do not have access to a regular closet.
15. Serving Trays: Wooden trays are an evergreen item; as long as the designs are beautiful, people would always buy them. They can be sold to restaurants, gift shops and to regular people.
16. Wooden Puzzles: Another great idea is to create wooden puzzles that can be pieced together. They can be used as games, as table mats, or as decorations in a home.
17. Candle stands: You can also make beautiful candle stands out of wood and sell them to spas, restaurants, and fellow students.
18. USB Keychain: Wooden USB Key chains are more durable than the regular plastic key chains. This is one item that you can sell to basically anyone in the school environment.
19. Chess Board Game: A lot of people enjoy playing Chess, and Chess boards can make for very good gift items. You might find this particular market competitive but not when you are innovative with your chess board designs such that they stand out and are very appealing.
20. Children’s Toys: You can make wooden children’s toys such as toy cars, toy helicopters, and wooden bears. If you know a thing or two about electrical engineering, you can make them remote-controlled so that more people would love to buy them.
21. Wooden Bangles: Wooden bangles are very easy to make and they are common amongst females, especially those who love retro-fashion.
22. Wooden Trees: A lot of people use these to decorate their homes and some use them as Christmas trees during the festive season. They may come in small table-top sizes, or in large standing sizes. Wooden trees are easy to make and can be sold for good money.
23. Reading Tables and Chairs: Another smart idea is to make wooden reading tables and chairs. This is something that would sell very well in a school community.
24. Wooden Greeting Cards: You can also create wooden greeting cards such as birthday cards, valentine cards, Christmas cards, housewarming cards, and greeting cards for other special events.
25. Wooden Tissue Boxes: These are far more durable than the regular paper-made tissue boxes that people hang in their cars. A lot of car owners would patronize you if you can craft beautiful wooden tissue boxes for sale.
26. Wooden Hanging Swing: Home owners put these in their terrace or gardens and they command good prices in the market even though they can be very easy to make by anyone who knows their way around woodworking.
27. Wooden Center Tables: Speaking of wooden furniture, you can also earn some good pocket money on the side making wooden center tables. As long as your products are beautiful and trendy, you would always find a lot of people to buy them from you.
28. Wall Hangings: These are also unbelievably easy to make and can be used to decorate the home. You can easily sell these at flea markets or to your fellow students.
29. Wooden Baby Cots: Wooden baby cots sell for as much as $250-$300 in the market place although there are smaller designs that sell for as little as $20. The baby cot market is a very large one and you can easily make a lot of money if you know how to create beautiful designs.
30. Chopping Boards: The more creative you are with your chopping boards, the more money you would make. Thousands of people buy these things on a daily basis especially as gifts and souvenirs.
31. Kitchen Cabinet Shelf Organizers: Home organizing tools always sell well. You can build kitchen cabinet shelf organizers for people to keep their cabinets organized and easy to sift through.
32. Toy Storage: A lot of parents would love to own one of these. A wooden toy storage cabinet can help parents organize their children’s toys so that they are easier to locate and store.
33. Business Card Holder: Another great idea is to make trendy wooden business card holders for business men and women to store and organize their business cards.
34. Bath Trays: You can make bathroom trays for people to organize their bathroom suppliers. Bath trays can also be very great as gift items.
35. Toothbrush Holders: Another wooden bathroom supply is toothbrush holder. Toothbrush holders can be used to organize the family’s set of toothbrushes and keep them safe from exposure to germs. Wooden toothbrush holders are more durable than the common plastic ones so this item is guaranteed to be a best seller.
36. Floating Shelves: Everyone is about space management and maximization these days. Floating shelves can be sold to students who want to make the most of their small dormitory spaces or student apartments.
37. Shoe Racks: You can also consider making beautiful shoe racks that people can use to organize their foot wears.
38. Fancy Wooden Pens: Wooden pens are very unique and beautiful when designed well. You can make a lot of money selling customized wooden pens to your fellow students and professors.
39. Cake/Pastry Stand: Making and selling cake or pastry stands are also a great woodworking project idea. You can sell them to bakers, event managers, restaurants, grocery stores, and other people who deal in cake and pastry making.
40. Reclaimed Pallet Wood: Another lucrative idea to consider is using of reclaimed wooden pallets to make furniture. You can use them to make couches, beds, and other types of furniture. If you are very creative, there’s no limit to how much you can make doing this as you can always make very expensive furniture worth hundreds of dollars out of old wooden pallets that cost only about $10.
41. Birdhouses: You can also make birdhouses for people to hang around their gardens and backyards. These can be easily sold to bird lovers around you or sold at flea markets.
42. Miniature Mantle Clock: Miniature wooden clocks are very economical to make and can command high prices in the market if they are of premium quality.
43. Wooden Kitchen Utensils: Another idea is to carve out kitchen utensils like ladles, spoons, spatulas, forks and other kitchen utensils out of wood. These are also easy to sell and in high demand.
44. Bamboo Bowls: Bamboo bowls can be a very beautiful addition to kitchen utensils because they are highly durable and unique.
45. Wooden Home Gardens: A lot of people are into small space gardening these days. You can create and sell small wooden gardens such as vegetable boxes, herb boxes, and so on. These easy-to-make planters can sell for as much as $100 in the market.
46. Chopsticks: It doesn’t take too much to make chopsticks yet a lot of people and food outlets use them. This is one project that won’t take too much of your time yet can earn you a lot of cool money.
47. Toothpicks: Just like chopsticks, you can earn some good money for yourself carving and packaging toothpicks for sale.
48. Wooden Buttons: Wooden buttons are increasingly in demand in the fashion and clothing industry. You can earn some cool money for yourself making and selling these buttons to fashion designers.
49. Clipboards: Another lucrative woodworking project is making of clipboards. These can be sold to fellow students, faculty members, and business people.
50. Wooden Vanity Mirrors: Lastly, you can create and sell wooden versions of vanity mirrors built to last over a long period of time.