There are different roles in an Assisted Living Facility, including that of an Assisted Living Facility Administrator. Assisted living administrators work in assisted living facilities and are responsible for deciding which people the facility can admit.
They also have a variety of administrative duties, such as managing financial matters; this may include collecting debts and dealing with personal finances of those living in the facilities. Some of their work are managerial, such as screening/hiring new employees, reviewing staff performance, and overseeing day-to-day operations in general. Ultimately, their goal is to provide the best-possible service and ensure that their staff is doing the same.
The Assisted Living Administrator manages and oversee all operations in residential facilities that primarily accommodate the aging and includes the coordination of patient care and the supervision of employees.
Please note that in order to qualify as an Assisted Living Facility Administrator; you should have a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Management, Healthcare Administration or related field. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), some states require assisted living administrators to be licensed.
Requirements may also include a criminal background check. Most states require a college education, preferably in public health administration or business administration, and related work experience. Most states require the completion of a state training program. All states that require a license have an exam requirement.
Plus, you should possess strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. You should provide coaching, advice and assistance as required to work as a leader and team member. Having said that, here are the top 34 duties and responsibilities of an Assisted Living Facility Administrator:
What is the Job Description of an Assisted Living Facility Administrator?
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Design job descriptions with KPI to drive performance management for clients
- Regularly hold meetings with key stakeholders to review the effectiveness of HR Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Receives and resolved or assists the management in resolving residence complaints and service recovery process.
- Responsible for selecting or assisting in the selection of assisted living facility staff and in charge of processing all new hire paper works.
- Responsible for reviewing employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records including cash flows sheet, guest floor limit, AR Ageing reports, Direct billing etc.
- Responsible for determining who is admitted into an assisted living facility.
- Responsible for making sure that those under assisted living care are receiving the care they are supposed to receive.
- Responsible for enforcing full compliance to assisted living facility’s operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Ensures the objectives and goals of the group and property owners work together to achieve brand positioning and success.
- Take responsibility and build owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Work with and assist the General Manager in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Work with and assist General Manager or Owner in wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages are followed by the company and industry salary guidelines.
- Responsible for performing daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with Assisted living facility staff, HOD’s and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
- Cover shifts is all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
- Responsible for Monitoring maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required Assisted living facility supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Responsible for Providing effective leadership to Assisted living facility team members.
- Ensure Assisted living facility staff is provided with uniforms and name tags, and upholds property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to Assisted living facility policies and procedures.
- Work and Assist the GM in in all aspects of business planning.
- Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
- Responsible for Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Show capacity to perform other duties as assigned by the management.
- Part of the disciplinary committee that sits on any case that involves employees under his/her supervision.
- Play a part as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with appropriate skills.
- Identifies the developmental needs of assisted living facility staff and provide coaching, mentoring to improve their knowledge or skills as required.
- What are the Best Earplugs for Skydiving? - December 2, 2020
- What are the Best Digital Altimeter Watches for Skydiving? - December 2, 2020
- 10 Pros and Cons of Owning a Vending Machine Business - December 2, 2020