Are you about starting a beauty salon and spa? If YES, here’s a complete sample day Spa business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE. Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a beauty salon and spa. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample beauty salon and spa marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for beauty salon and spas. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Table of Content
- 2. Executive Summary
- 5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- 6. SWOT Analysis
- 7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- 13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
Why Start a Spa Business?
It is true that one have got to eke out a living, but, it is even more important to know that all work and no relaxing could deal a sad blow on the body. This is one of the reasons why there has been a rise in the spa business all over the world. In America for instance, there are loads of day spas and health spas, which see to it that customers are given the best services that will give you one of the best experiences yet.
One of the ways through which you could capture the hearts of all and sundry and get them coming over and over again, is helping them de-stress from the hectic day to day schedules. This is one of the things that those who already run a spa business have at the back of their minds.
They know that one of the ultimate reasons why they are in business is to make life easier for people. Here is a sample spa business plan that will help you effectively write yours without much hassle.
A Sample Beauty Salon & Day Spa Business Plan Template
1. Industry Overview
In the united states of America there is always the need to work so as take care of the basic needs of life. Some folks get to work round the clock with little or no time left for them to take care of their selves. Some do not even mind looking the way they are, since there isn’t ample time to take a second look at how they are.
Yet others wouldn’t mind to muster some little time to pamper their selves. These set of people are the types that do not mind to visit a spa or have a spa attendant come home for a massage. They do not even mind to pay a premium to have all these services and more.
Over the years we have come to see that the spa business have continued to be on the rise, as the demand for it continues to increase. One of the very good things about this trade is the ability to have a spa attendant come for a private service.
In the past this used to be an issue, as some attendants were skeptical. However, today, it is a different ball game entirely, as the spa business have become a no holds barred type of service rendering business. It is no wonder that very business upwardly mobile people can rest assured that they can get the best of spa services.
Starting a spa just like every other business needs for one to be thoroughly calculative. This is because of the need to start on a right footing. Steps like renting or buying a facility to use, procuring the various equipment that is needed, finding the right employees, as well as getting the required skills involved in starting a spa business, are just some of the hurdles that must be scaled. Nonetheless, there are other very technical steps that have to be cancelled out too.
It is also very important that in running a spa business successfully, there has to be a flexible payment option for customers to use. It is important to state that these days, Spa business also provide some other services asides from the typical spa. Some go as far as having a drink and food lounge, where customers can unwind whilst they wait, or even after being serviced.
For the spa owners these are also other areas through which they are able to generate more funds for profitability and for running the business to grow successfully. When starting a Spa business, it becomes important to choose a location that is close to a boutique, hair salon or nail salon. This is o that there would be ample opportunity to attract the kind of people that want spa services.
2. Executive Summary
LaCozy Spa World is a new classy neighborhood in Maryland, Washington DC. It promises an all-round day spa experience. We offer four classy, ultra- chic treatment rooms with premium spa linens and equipment. Our massage styles are second to none, as we offer the very best. They include; the traditional Swedish Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Deep Tissue work, Pregnancy, Sports, Reflexology, amongst many others.
We also have very effective facial and body treatments. We have also got the latest anti-aging products and techniques that can effectively meet the needs of our clients. As a matter of fact, we are specifically located near hair and nail salon, so that we are able to attract clients who would also be in need of spa services.
LaCozy Spa World is a standard Spa lounge in a 4,000 square feet facility. It is therefore no joke to say that we have one of the biggest spas with the latest products and service techniques in Mary land Washington Dc. We have got the very best of attendants who have been well trained to make clients visit a worthwhile and fun packed one.
We have a posh and classy environment that can attract all and sundry to come have a taste of what it means to run an ultra- chic spa. Furthermore, we have gifts for each customer who come to patronize us. Our Spa will be open from 8 a.m. and close 10 p.m. from Mondays to Thursdays, and will run a 24 hour service from Friday to Sunday.
We decided to operate in this format because from our market survey and feasibility studies, we realized that customers have the most flexible time schedules during the weekends. It is pertinent to state that we have the finest DJs in the house every single day of the week, who have been trained to serenade the clients whilst they get serviced.
LaCozy Spa World has well trained employees who have hands on skills, as to how to give clients the very best. It is no wonder that out Mantra at LaCozy is customers first. Our products are majorly organic, and so customers can rest assured, knowing that there wouldn’t be any reaction whatsoever on their skin.
Whether it is the male folks, or the women folks, or even children, bottom line is that we have what it takes to leave them smiling and satisfied. Our bar attendants and those who man our restaurant arm of business, have the best of drinks and foods that can leave them satisfied.
One of the things that most clients look out for in a spas, is the level coziness; we have therefore done adequate research in that area , which is why we have spent quite a lot in making our Spa really beautiful and conducive. Our state of the art facility in Maryland Washington Dc, USA is so attractive that people who our services need cannot but walk in because we use the latest technology in the industry.
Our excellent customer service is second to none, as we have exhaustively trained our employees to know that customer is king in this trade. Furthermore, LaCozy Span World is owned and managed by Madame Helen Oakwood and her family.
She is the financier, and she functions as developer and manager for LaCozy Spa World. She has been a business administrator and sales professional for over 1o years, with a track record that speaks volume. She has worked as a manager in one of the leading Spas in Washington DC. After her retirement there, she decided it was time to start her own business.
3. Our Products and Services
At LaCozy Spa World, our paramount aim is to give our clients an all-round experience so that they do not have to look elsewhere. As such, this is one of the reasons why we propose to offer a wide range of services offered by licensed therapists and aestheticians that would keep our clients asking for more.
Our Ultra- chic facility and ambience sure does promises a lot. Some of the services and amenities that we offer to clients include the following that have been listed below. These are the services and amenities that will be made available to our customers;
- Therapeutic Massage Services
- Body Treatments
- Anti-aging Treatments
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our Vision is to be the number one Spa Lounge in Washington DC.
- Our mission is to run a money-making business by offering therapeutic massage and aesthetician services in a gentle, classy, professional setting.
Our Business Structure
LaCozy Spa World is set to become one of the leading Spas in Maryland, Washington DC. As such, there would be the need to lay down a solid business structure foundation. This is so that we are able to meet and even surpass our expectation.
We do not intended to take our customers for granted, which is why we are set to make excellent customer our watch word. In realizing this, we know that hiring the best hands would deliver. Web also will lay emphasis on giving our employees a thorough training.
Essentially, we want to build a dedicated workforce that will work together to help the organization achieve its projections. This is so because we know that with the right structure in place, we are able to build systems and structures that will make the business even run on autopilot.LaCozy Spa World will employ skilled people to occupy the following position;
- Manager (Owner)
- Marketing Officer
- Spa Attendant
- Coffee and Bar Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Security Guard
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for recruitment
- Responsible for payment of salaries
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for managing the daily activities at the Laundromat
- Ensures that the facility is in tip top shape and conducive enough to welcome customers
- Prepares budget and reports for the organization
- Responsible for Training and Development in the organization
- Handles procurement
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team hires
Marketing Officer (2)
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information.
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and growth for the company
- Manages the company’s CRM system
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Sees to it that clients are attended to and on time
- Books clients for massage sessions
- Passes information to the aesthetician about clients
- Reaches out to clients when information needs to reach them
- Takes and book clients for massage sessions
- Carries out all massage styles and formula on the clients
- Makes sure they are satisfied at all times
- Makes sure that all beauty and massage therapies are body friendly.
Coffee Café and Snacks Bar Manager:
- Interacts with customers, take orders for coffee and snacks.
- Responsible for preparing different flavor and style of coffee for customers
- Makes lists of supplies in conjunction with the bar manager
- Ensures that each cup of coffee that leaves the kitchen is tailor made and meet the request of each customer
- Responsible for quality control
- Assesses customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Makes lists of supplies in conjunction with the management
- Prepares inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Ensures that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Interacts with customers, take orders for food.
- Responsible for preparing different flavor and style of food for customers
- Makes lists of supplies
- Ensures that each meal that leaves the kitchen is tailor made and meet the request of each customer
- Responsible for quality control
- Assesses customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Makes lists of supplies in conjunction with the management
- Prepares inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Ensures that the assigned restaurant area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for whipping up meals and serving guests.
- Moves round the machines to collect payment after each working shift
- Prepares financial report at the end of every working week
- Handles all financial transaction on behalf of the company
- Interfaces with our bankers
- Responsible for payment of tax, levies and utility bills
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the manager
- Mops the floors
- Wipes down the machines
- Cleans the soap dispensers in your front-load washers
- Washes off the folding tables
- Cleans the bathroom
- Empties the trash
- Washes the windows
- Cleans the vending machines, change machines and video game screens
- Ensures that the facility is secured at all time
- Controls traffic and organize parking
- Gives security tips to staff members from time to time
- Patrols around the building on a 24 hours basis
- Submits security reports weekly
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the restaurant manager
6. SWOT Analysis
Without a shadow of doubt, starting a Spa indeed needs loads of cash, and this especially applies to aspiring entrepreneurs who may not have huge sum of money saved up in a bank. We know that loads of cash is vital in the setting up of a standard Spa business, which is why we decided to do all that is required to build a profitable business.
As such, we are taking meticulous steps in seeing that we do the needful. Part of the needful step required to be taken, is conducting a SWOT Analysis.
It is for that reason that we employed the services of Mr. Adolphus Nettune, an HR and Business consultant who is renowned for the trade, to help us conduct SWOT analysis for our company and he did a pretty good job for us. Here is a of the result we got from the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of LaCozy Spa World;
LaCozy Spa World is centrally located where there are salons and nail studios. We see this as a strength, as we will be able to attract clients who might as well need to be massaged, pampered, amongst others.
We believe that locating our business in Maryland, Washington Dc would eventually work out for good as we look to attract a great deal of people. Yet another strength is the fact that we have equipment that are second to none and the equipment will help us give our clients the best of services.
The weakness of LaCozy Spa World can be said to be the fact that it is a new business, which is owned by an individual (a small family), and we may not have the financial capacity to sustain the kind of publicity that can give us leverage.
We are centrally located in one of the busiest areas of, Maryland, Washington DC and we are open to all the available opportunities that the city has to offer. Our business concept has us positioned in such a way that we will attract all and sundry.
One of the major threats that confronts businesses all over the world is economic downturn; when the economy is bad it affects consumers spending which in turn impacts businesses negatively. Another threat that may likely just affect us is the competition which is found in the spa industry.
Every day, more and more people are going into the industry, and we dare add that only the strong will survive, which is why we are working hard to position our self in a way that makes everyone want to check us out.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The ability for spa business owners to continue to seek out ways to serve their clients in the most appropriate ways is one of the keys to attracting loads of clients. This is where a beauty salon & spa marketing plan comes in handy. One of the ways that this is done is by having additional complementary services to their business offerings.
It is for this reason that once a Spa is classy, conducive and relaxing, then profit is assured because people would always want to check the services out. It is also as a result of this that we at LaCozy Spa World have some additional services, like a drink bar; where clients, or even their family or friends can hand out and wait for them whilst they get their bodies massaged and cared for.
Also there is a Karaoke session that allows our in- house DJ to entertain folks. We have also got a restaurant that would offer great meals for the delight of customers. In Maryland, Washington DC for instance; there are only a few people offering these services and so we want to key into the trend.
Yet another thing that can be attributed as one of the success factor, as can be observed about other successful existing Spa, is the fact that they have invested quite a lot in making the Spa Facility a haven to behold. We have also keyed into the trend and we have succeeded in making the interior and exterior a classy one indeed.
8. Our Target Market
Before arriving at the place that would be suitable for our ultra- chic Spa, we conducted our feasibility studies and market survey and we were able to identify those who will benefit greatly from our service offerings.
As a result we found that Maryland, Washington DC just might be our best bet, as we are sure to attract upwardly mobile people, working class folks, as well as non- working class people. Hence, these are the category of people that we intend marketing our Spa business to;
- Busy Corporate Executives
- House Wives
- Business Owners
From our recently concluded feasibility studies and market survey, we observed that the competition sure is a stiffer one because there are quite a number of people who run spas around where we are located. It is for this reason that we have added some more services like the drink bar, restaurant and the Karaoke lounge, because we know that there are only a very few who measures up to want we want to offer.
Yet another competitive advantage we have over others is that we have a standard Spa facility that offers additional complementary services that will definitely help us attract and retain customers. We are categorically hopeful that we have a state of the art Spa facility with the best massage techniques ever.
We also have an advantage because of the type of products we offer our clients, which has no side effect at all. We know how harmful some chemicals can be, that is why we have keyed into using organic products.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
LaCozy Spa World will generate income from the following service offerings;
- Offering massages
- Offering skin therapies
- Sale of organic beauty products
- Drink bar
- home services
10. Sales Forecast
It is important to state that our sales forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field with reference to similar business in Maryland, Washington DC.
We know that we are well positioned and we will definitely attract clients that will not only patronize our spa, but clients that will patronize our bar and restaurant. This means that we will generate additional income from these sources. Below is the sales projection for our business, it is based on the location of our LaCozy Spa World and the type of services and products that we will be offering;
- First Year-: $80,000
- Second Year-: $120,000
- Third Year-: $180,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any Spa offering same additional services like us within 4.5 miles radius from our facility.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Essentially, the marketing strategies which we will adopt will be such that can guarantee us a great turn over. Furthermore, our sales strategies is going to be driven basically by making available an ultra- chic facility, excellent customer service and provision of complimentary services.
We will be on our toes all the time to make sure that we build a loyal customer base. These customers are such that will always patronize us over and over again and as well help us use word of mouth publicity to get their friends and acquaintance to patronize us.
We want to drive sales through using really effective organic products, excellent services, so that we can surpass the expectations of the clients we are able to attract overtime. We shall also keep our clients glued to us by the constant trainings which we will give to our employees so that they can continue being at the plateau of their skills.
Over and above, our unique selling proposition is that we have various complementary service offerings such as a drink bar, Karaoke lounge, restaurant, as well as the massage techniques we have to offer. We make bold to say that there aren’t too many people who are into Spa business, the way want to run ours.
In view of that, we are going to adopt the following strategies to ensure that we do not only attract customers but ensure that they become loyal customer. Part of the marketing and sales strategies that we will adopt are;
- Open LaCozy Spa World with a loud party. We shall also offer free trial for all our visitors for the first three days of launching the business.
- Advertise our Spa business on national dailies, local TV stations and local radio station
- Promote LaCozy Spa World online via our official website and all available social media platforms
- Continuously Improving the performance of our brands
- Hire the services of experts to make our brands the first choice for in Washington DC
- Delivering consistent customer experiences to all our guest; making our first impression count positively
- Make use of attractive hand bills to create awareness and also to give direction to our state of the art facility.
- Adopt direct mailing coupon marketing approach
- Position our signage/flexi banners at strategic places
- Create a loyalty plan that will enable us reward our regular customers
- Engage on road shows within our neighborhood to create awareness for our business.
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
We are aware of the power of publicity and advertisement for new businesses like ours which is why we created a budget that will help us access various publicity and advertising platforms that will enable us reach out to our potential market.
At LaCozy Spa World, we will ensure that we leverage on all conventional and non – conventional publicity and advertising technique to promote our business. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise LaCozy Spa World;
- Encourage our loyal customers to help us use Word of Mouth mode of advertisement (referrals)
- Advertise our Laundromat business in relevant magazines- beauty and non-beauty magazines, local newspaper, local TV stations and local radio station.
- Promote our Spa business online via our official website
- List our Spa business on local directories (yellow pages)
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, et al to promote our brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations
- Direct coupon mailing approach
- Engage in road show from time to time
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas all around Las, Vegas.
12. Our Pricing Strategy
At LaCozy Spa World, our pricing system is going to be based on what is obtainable in the industry, we don’t intend to charge more (except for premium and customized services) and we don’t intend to charge less than our competitors are offering in the city we are located.
Be that as it may, the management of LaCozy Spa World have put plans in place to offer discount services once in a while and also to reward our loyal customers especially when they refer clients to us. The prices of our products (Organic skin care products, drinks, foods, amongst others) will be same as what is obtainable in any part of the United States of America.
- Payment Options
Basically, we have put in place different receiving payments options; especially for our complimentary service offerings. In other words, our payment policy is going to be all inclusive because we are quite aware that different people prefer different payment options as it suits them. Here are the payment options that will be available in every of our pub;
- Payment by cash /coins
- Payment via Point of Sale (POS) Machine
- Payment via online bank transfer (online payment portal)
- Payment via Mobile money
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will help us achieve our payment plans without any difficulty.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
This is the key areas where we will spend our start – up capital on;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in Maryland, Washington DC – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses (Health department license and business license) and permits (Fire department permit, Air and water pollution control permit, and Sign permit et al) – $4,500.
- Marketing promotion expenses (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- Cost for hiring Consultant – $2,000.
- Insurance (general liability, theft, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $30,800.
- Cost of accounting software, CRM software and Payroll Software – $3,000
- Cost for leasing facility for the Spa – $70,000.
- Cost for facility remodeling – $50,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery – $1000)
- Phone and Utilities (gas, sewer, water and electric) deposits – ($3,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory – $15,000
- Storage hardware (bins, utensil rack, shelves, glasses case) – $2,720
- The cost for Washer hook-up fees (sewer connection) – $800
- Cost for serving area equipment for Bar and Restaurant( glasses, flatware) – $5,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, toys, vacuum cleaner, tables and chairs et al) – $30,000.
- The cost of Launching a Website – $600
- The cost for our grand opening party – $5,500
- Miscellaneous supplies (cleaning supplies, soap, invoices for wash-and-fold, bathroom supplies, etc.) – $10,000
We would need an estimate of $1 million to successfully launch our Spa business in Washington DC Please note that the startup cost is higher than the average startup cost for a Spa business simply because we intend adding a bar, and restaurant.
Generating Funding/Startup Capital for LaCozy Spa World
LaCozy Spa world is a family business and it will be financed by the owner who is also the Laundromat manager. These are the areas where we intend sourcing for fund for LaCozy Spa World;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings and sale of his stocks
- Generate part of the start – up capital from family members and friends (soft loans)
- Generate a larger chunk of the startup capital from the bank.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
LaCozy Spa World is set to become the number Spa business in the whole of Washington DC, which is why we took our time to craft out business plan that will help us sustain the business , as well as grow the business. Part of the plans we have in place to sustain our business is that we will have efficient machines and equipment.
We will also continue to deliver quality services, improvise on how to do things faster and cheaper. We are not going to relent in providing conducive environment for our workers and also the required trainings that will help them deliver excellent services at all times.
We are quite aware that our customers are key component to the growth and survival of our business hence we are going to continuously engage them to give us ideas on how to serve them better. We will not waste time in diversifying our services; expand our products and service offerings once the need arises.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit licenses (Health department license and business license, Fire department permit, Air and water pollution control permit, and Sign permit et al): Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Acquiring facility and remodeling the facility: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- writing of business plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of Massaging machines and: In Progress
- Purchase of furniture and gadgets (Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, video games, toys, vacuum cleaner, tables and chairs et al): In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: Completed
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and in the neighborhood: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – suppliers of all our needed laundry accessories, drinks, and tobacco et al: In Progress
- A Guide to Great Business ideas for the Future 2025 – 2030 - September 3, 2021
- How Long Do Cordless Drill Batteries Last in 2021? - August 2, 2021
- How Does the Use of Cargo Containers Benefit the Economy? - August 2, 2021