Do you run a beauty salon and want to promote it? If YES, here is a sample beauty salon & spa marketing plan template, tips and ideas to attract customers.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a beauty salon & spa. We also took it further by providing an in-depth sample beauty salon & spa business plan template. In this article, we will be analyzing and drafting a sample beauty salon & spa marketing plan backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for beauty salons & spas.
A Sample Beauty Salon & Spa Marketing Plan Template
Table of Content
- Our Present Business Situation
- Our Services and Amenities
- Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our Market Goals
- Our Marketing Budget
- MARKET ANALYSIS
- SWOT Analysis
- SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Our Unique Selling Point; What Makes Our Spa Company Superior to Our Competitions
- Guerrilla Marketing Strategies for Our Beauty Salon & Spa
- 10 Possible Questions We Intend Asking Our Customers during Our Market Survey
- Actionable Marketing ideas for Our Beauty Salon & Spa
- Creative Marketing Ideas Specific to Our Beauty Salon & Spa
Our Present Business Situation
LaCozy Spa World is a fully registered spa services coy. It has also be been issued all licenses needed to operate in the united states of America, and we are situated in New York. We commenced operation about a month ago, precisely on the 9th of November, 2015.
A whole lot have gone into putting our spa into shape. Thus, we can beat our chest to say that it is a very luxurious site to behold. What is more, there have been ample financial commitment to seeing that we have the state of the art facility and equipment that will say well of us.
We are going to be focused on helping people to stay relaxed and to be free of toxins that tend to cause various ailments. We do not intend to do this with harsh chemicals that tend to leave residue of hazardous side effects to human health.
Rather, we have made it policy to use only organic products that have mild compositions. Our well trained massage experts have it all going on for them, as they know what is best for each client and situation, when they come across it.
We opened our spa company amid some pomp and pageantry, with loads of budding and successful celebrities in attendance. We invited loads of people who reside in the neighborhood, as well as those from far places to come and behold the new thing in the neighborhood of New York.
Our Services and Amenities
At LaCozy Spa World, our paramount aim is to give our clients an all-round experience so that they do not have to look elsewhere. As such, this is one of the reasons why we propose to offer a wide range of services offered by licensed therapists and aestheticians that would keep our clients asking for more.
Our Ultra- chic facility and ambience sure does promises a lot. Some of the services and amenities that we offer to clients include the following that have been listed below. These are the services and amenities that will be made available to our customers;
- Therapeutic Massage Services
- Body Treatments
- Anti-aging Treatments
Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our Vision is to be the number one Spa Lounge in Washington DC.
- Our mission is to run a money-making business by offering therapeutic massage and aesthetician services in a gentle, classy, professional setting.
Our Market Goals
We are in the spa business to make money quite alright, however, but we are also in the business to help our clients solve the problems they are faced with; like lack or rest, insomnia, worries, and a whole lot more stuff. We believe that for us to be able to convince people about our prowess that we have got to have some plans already in place. These plans are such that can help drive traffic to our business.
So, here are a few marketing goals that we are set to achieve pretty soon:
- Generate a total sale of 200,000 US dollars within the first year of launching our spa business
- Generate a total sale of 1,500000 US dollars within the third year of launching our spa business
- Become the official massage therapist of 50 percent of our first time clients
- Help people master the art of relaxing with our spa treatments and skin care products.
What we aim to achieve from our market efforts are as follows:
- Become the number one choice when it comes to spa services in the United States of America
- Become the number one choice when it comes to organic skin care products in the United States of America
- We want to build a self – sustaining business that will contribute to the growth of the economy of the United States of America.
Our Marketing Budget
For us to be able to reach a lot of people with our advertising campaigns, we know that it would be in our own best interest to save up or rather set aside some good amount of money for marketing. Hence, in fulfilling our marketing plan which consists of having several de- stress outlets in New York and other cities, we will have to set aside a marketing budget of 25,000 US dollars for the first year of launching the business.
Since we commenced business last month, we have already started this campaign; however, we will still need to add up some more money to meet up this target. Subsequently, we will budget between 5 percent and 15 percent of our annual income towards marketing and promoting of our spa business in the United States of America.
- Our Target Market
There is a whole lot our clients stand to gain when they deal with us. First and foremost, it is important to state that we are all out to be the best in all that we do. This is one of the reasons why we want to attract those that we have in mind. Therefore, our target market cut across the following people and organizations;
- Busy working class adults
- Old people
- Movie stars
- Music stars
- Celebrities in general
- Corporate Organizations
Without a shadow of doubt, starting a Spa indeed needs loads of cash, and this especially applies to aspiring entrepreneurs who may not have huge sum of money saved up in a bank. We know that loads of cash is vital in the setting up of a standard Spa business, which is why we decided to do all that is required to build a profitable business.
As such, we are taking meticulous steps in seeing that we do the needful. Part of the needful step required to be taken, is conducting a SWOT Analysis.
It is for that reason that we employed the services of Mr. Adolphus Nettune, an HR and Business consultant who is renowned for the trade, to help us conduct SWOT analysis for our company and he did a pretty good job for us. Here is a of the result we got from the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of LaCozy Spa World;
LaCozy Spa World is centrally located where there are salons and nail studios. We see this as a strength, as we will be able to attract clients who might as well need to be massaged, pampered, amongst others.
We believe that locating our business in Maryland, Washington Dc would eventually work out for good as we look to attract a great deal of people. Yet another strength is the fact that we have equipment that are second to none and the equipment will help us give our clients the best of services.
The weakness of LaCozy Spa World can be said to be the fact that it is a new business, which is owned by an individual (a small family), and we may not have the financial capacity to sustain the kind of publicity that can give us leverage.
We are centrally located in one of the busiest areas of, Maryland, Washington DC and we are open to all the available opportunities that the city has to offer. Our business concept has us positioned in such a way that we will attract all and sundry.
One of the major threats that confronts businesses all over the world is economic downturn; when the economy is bad it affects consumers spending which in turn impacts businesses negatively. Another threat that may likely just affect us is the competition which is found in the spa industry.
Every day, more and more people are going into the industry, and we dare add that only the strong will survive, which is why we are working hard to position our self in a way that makes everyone want to check us out.
From our recently concluded feasibility studies and market survey, we observed that the competition sure is a stiffer one because there are quite a number of people who run spas around where we are located. It is for this reason that we have added some more services like the drink bar, restaurant and the Karaoke lounge, because we know that there are only a very few who measures up to want we want to offer.
Yet another competitive advantage we have over others is that we have a standard Spa facility that offers additional complementary services that will definitely help us attract and retain customers. We are categorically hopeful that we have a state of the art Spa facility with the best massage techniques ever.
We also have an advantage because of the type of products we offer our clients, which has no side effect at all. We know how harmful some chemicals can be, that is why we have keyed into using organic products.
SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
LaCozy Spa World will generate income from the following service offerings;
- Offering massages
- Offering skin therapies
- Sale of organic beauty products
- Drink bar
- home services
It is important to state that our sales forecast is based on the data gathered during our feasibility studies and also some of the assumptions readily available on the field with reference to similar business in Maryland, Washington DC.
We know that we are well positioned and we will definitely attract clients that will not only patronize our spa, but clients that will patronize our bar and restaurant. This means that we will generate additional income from these sources. Below is the sales projection for our business, it is based on the location of our LaCozy Spa World and the type of services and products that we will be offering;
- First Year-: $80,000
- Second Year-: $120,000
- Third Year-: $180,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any Spa offering same additional services like us within 4.5 miles radius from our facility.
- Our Pricing Strategy
At LaCozy Spa World, our pricing system is going to be based on what is obtainable in the industry, we don’t intend to charge more (except for premium and customized services) and we don’t intend to charge less than our competitors are offering in the city we are located.
Be that as it may, the management of LaCozy Spa World have put plans in place to offer discount services once in a while and also to reward our loyal customers especially when they refer clients to us. The prices of our products (Organic skin care products, drinks, foods, amongst others) will be same as what is obtainable in any part of the United States of America.
Our Unique Selling Point; What Makes Our Spa Company Superior to Our Competitions
It is pertinent to state that there are a thousand and one spa companies currently active in New York. Therefore, this singular idea is what we want to drive us to become the very best and indeed a household name. This is one of the reasons why we have developed our products and services in such a way that makes us stand out from the pack.
So, our first unique selling point is the fact that we are a pre organic using spa. This means that all of our products have organic chemicals as its composition.
Yet another unique selling point that we propose to our clients is the fact that we have got a segment in the spa where all the people who have come to get services in one way or the other- or even those who have come with them can get entertained whilst they wait. To sum it up, this means that there is a bar in the spa building.
The Benefits Our Client Stand to Gain When They Patronizes Our Spa Services
We want to help our clients feel really good about life; this is one of the reasons why we are in business. As a result, they stand to gain a whole lot when they visit our spa. So, what are those things that are of benefit to clients when they come to Lacozy Spa World?
Here are a few;
- It is our policy to use the best mixed ingredients for our clients. So, one of the benefits of visiting de-stress spa is that quality is assured.
- We do not use harsh chemicals for our clients. Hence, one of the benefits of patronizing us is that you stand to gain a lot with our mild recipe of products.
- We believe so much in green products, because of the several nutritive value which it gives. So, for those who would be our guest at our spa, they stand to gain a whole lot.
Guerrilla Marketing Strategies for Our Beauty Salon & Spa
- Creating Brand Identity for Our Company
When it comes to creating a brand identity for our spa business, then this means that we have got to be well informed and all out to put in our bets in this regard. One of the ways to really have a compelling presence with our spa business is by having a good budget to meet such a need as brand awareness. We know that in having a good advertising practice for our spa, we have to spend some good money on some advertising tools.
In the same vein, a whole lot can be achieved with the internet. So advertising campaigns has to also be ongoing in order to capture the various audiences there. Here are the ways we intend creating brand identity of our spa company
- Place adverts on both print (newspapers and photography related magazines) and electronic (radio and TV) media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community programs like beauty pageants, fashion shows et al
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Google+, al to promote our brand.
- Attend local and international beauty and health expos
- Regularly organize our own beauty exhibitions in different cities in the United States of America
- Promote our Spa company on our own official websites and online photography community
- Build relationship with celebrities especially in the entertainment industry and sports to endorse our spa Company.
Strategic Marketing Alliance with Our Competitors in the Spa Industry
Indeed that has to be the need to be proactive when it comes to attracting new and more clients. This is one of the reasons why we have taken the strategic marketing alliance really seriously. How do we intend to do this? Well, we plan to liaise with other spa companies in other parts of America, who might have their clients visiting New York visit our own spa whenever they are in town.
So, it then becomes our duty to gather the names of all spas in the country, and let them know that their clients are welcome at our spa whenever they are in New York and far away from their regular spa.
Our Customer Retention Strategies (Ways to Improve Our Customer Experience)
In our business plan, we stated that we would want to be able to boast of repeat customers if we adhere to doling out only quality service at all times. This is one of the aims of working smart and hard to see that we have a rich customer experience at all times.
Here are the ways we intend to improve our customer experience so that we can create a good impression and generate repeat sales from them:
- Ensure that we think outside the box on ways to satisfy the need of our clients.
- Ensure we get feedback from our customers at all times
- Give our customers the options to choose from a wide range of organic products for their skin, which is a 100 percent healthy.
- Make use of effective customer relationship management (CRM) software to effectively manage our clientele base.
- Ensures that we carry our customers along when making decisions that directly affect them.
Possible Ways We Intend Offering Incentives to Our Customers / Clients (Bonus, Discounts, etc)
Part of our marketing strategies which is clearly stated in our business plans, and which we do not want to go back on, is to ensure that we offer our customers enticements in order for us to retain them and of course to continue to generate repeated sales from them and also to attract new customers. We believe that more successful brands have walked this path, and we have got to be prepared to trudge along the path too.
Part of the motivations that we plan offering out to our highly revered customer is to give them 50 percent discount on all our spa services and packages when they visit our spa place. We want to do this so that we can be able to retain people all the time.
We will also create a loyalty plan that will enable us reward our loyal customers who have been consistent in patronizing our spa business. This is also open to those clients who are able to refer our services to their family members, friends and colleagues. Rewarding them could be giving our customers discounts anytime they patronize us and also giving them gifts during special occasions like Christmas, New Year, Thanksgiving, Independence Celebrations and Easter et al.
- After Sales Service and Customer Support Services
Part of the ways through which we intend to capture the hearts of new and old clients is having their interest at heart even after transaction. This is very vital so that these clients of ours can have a clear sense of belonging. In view of that we will maximize our customer relationship management software applications, so as to keep in touch with them and to make sure we carry them along when we have any promo that we know will benefit them. We plan to also ensure that we offer free beauty and health consultancy services to our loyal customers.
10 Possible Questions We Intend Asking Our Customers during Our Market Survey
These are the 10 possible questions we are going to put forward when conducting marketing survey on our customers / clients for our Spa business:
- Are you satisfied with the quality of service we have rendered?
- If you are not, what area in particular do you think we can improve?
- Which is your best organic product from our stable?
- How would you want us to communicate with to you when we want to pass useful information about our spa company to you? Through text messages, e – mail, or via mobile apps (BBM, twitter, 2Go, WeChat, WhatsApp et al)
- Do you think our spa products suit your skin type?
- How often do you visit a spa?
- Are you satisfied with our pricing system?
- If you are giving the opportunity to change one thing in our spa company to others?
- Can you comfortably recommend our spa to your family members, friends and colleagues?
- Do you think we should have a branch of or spa in another city in America?
Actionable Marketing ideas for Our Beauty Salon & Spa
Cost Effective Ways We Intend to Advertise / Promote Our Spa Business without Using the Internet
- Place adverts on both print (newspapers and photography magazines) and electronic (radio and TV) media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community programs like beauty pageants, school fashion shows et al
- Attend local and international fashion and beauty shows and parties
- Regularly organize our own beauty exhibitions in different cities in the United Stated of America
- Build solid business relationship with beauty consultants, hair stylists, makeup artistes, and celebrities especially in the entertainment industry, so that they can help to endorse our spa business.
Low Cost Ways We Intend to Advertise / Promote Our Company on the Internet
The internet more than ever before in the history of man is such that can help generate massive traffic to one’s business. Therefore, we are all out to leverage on the goodies the internet has to give.
Here are they ways we intending leveraging on the internet to advertise / promote our spa business to a myriad of people:
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Google+, and a whole lots of others apps to promote our brand
- Design an interactive corporate website and we will make use the platform to promote our spa business and the services we render
- Place adverts on high traffic websites
- Engage in blogging and make use of the platform to promote our spa company
- Leverage on email marketing strategy to advertise and promote our spa business.
Creative Marketing Ideas Specific to Our Beauty Salon & Spa
Creativity is needed in all business types; this is because of the attraction that it pulls towards clients. This is one of the facts that have made up come up with wonderful organic recipes that are being used to massage, as well as maintain the skin of our many clients. This is also the reason behind having a waiting lounge, where those who have come with our client’s, can hang out whilst waiting for them.
Part of the creative marketing ideas that we intend leveraging on to market our spa business is to make us of facebook to market our services, as well as products. We would also make it a point of duty to give and send tips and advice about the skin to all and sundry.
We will not leave out the fact that we will always plan beauty seminars and shows, where we will sensitize the people on the need to always detoxify the body of come radicals. These seminars and shows will be organized in different cities in the United States of America with the aim of attracting our target market.
Finally, as part of our CSR, we will offer pro bono photography services once in a while in and around the community where our photo studio is located.
- How to Start a Zumba Studio Class Business in 20 Steps - August 4, 2020
- How to Start a Car Title Loan Business in 20 Steps - August 4, 2020
- How to Register and Start a Business in Saskatchewan - August 2, 2020