A car wrapping business is a type of service that specializes in transforming the appearance of vehicles by applying vinyl wraps or decals.
The process involves covering the vehicle’s exterior surfaces with large sheets of vinyl material, which can have various colors, patterns, textures, or even promotional graphics. Overall, a car wrapping business combines creativity, technical expertise, and attention to detail to help customers personalize their vehicles or use them as promotional platforms for their businesses.
Steps on How to Write a Car Wrapping Business Plan
Table of Content
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. is a premier car wrapping business located in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Our company specializes in transforming the appearance of vehicles through high-quality vinyl wraps and decals. With a dedicated team of skilled technicians and a commitment to customer satisfaction, we aim to be the go-to destination for car enthusiasts, businesses, and individuals seeking creative and innovative vehicle customization.
Our team of experienced technicians possesses the skills and knowledge to execute flawless car wrapping, ensuring precise installation and attention to detail.
We use top-of-the-line vinyl materials that offer superior durability, UV resistance, and protection for the vehicle’s original paint. Customer satisfaction is our priority. We provide personalized consultations, ensuring that every client’s unique needs are met with tailor-made solutions.
a. Our Products and Services
At Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc., we offer a wide range of car wrapping services to cater to diverse customer needs. Our services include:
Custom Car Wraps: We work closely with our clients to design and create custom vinyl wraps that reflect their unique styles and preferences.
Advertising Wraps: Businesses in Santa Fe can leverage our expertise in vehicle advertising. Our eye-catching promotional wraps turn company vehicles into moving billboards, maximizing brand exposure on the roads.
Color Change Wraps: For customers looking to give their vehicles a fresh appearance, we offer color change wraps in a vast array of hues, from classic to bold, and everything in between.
b. Nature of the Business
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. operates through a multi-faceted business model. We will work with individual car owners and businesses with a fleet of cars.
c. The Industry
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. will operate in the automotive aftermarket industry.
d. Mission Statement
At Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc., our mission is to empower vehicle owners in Santa Fe, New Mexico, to express their individuality and elevate their brand presence through innovative and high-quality car wrapping solutions.
We are committed to providing exceptional customer experiences, personalized designs, and unmatched craftsmanship that exceed expectations and leave a lasting impression on every road.
e. Vision Statement
Our vision at Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. is to become the premier destination for car enthusiasts, businesses, and individuals seeking top-tier car wrapping services in Santa Fe and beyond. We aspire to be recognized as industry leaders for our creativity, technical expertise, and commitment to excellence, driving the evolution of vehicle customization and mobile advertising.
f. Our Tagline (Slogan)
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. – “Maximize Your Ride, Elevate Your Look!”
g. Legal Structure of the Business (LLC, C Corp, S Corp, LLP)
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. will be formed as a Limited Liability Company (LLC).
h. Our Organizational Structure
- Chief Operating Officer (Owner)
- Workshop Manager
- Car Wrapping Specialist
- Sales and Marketing Officer
- Customer Service Officer (Receptionist)
i. Ownership/Shareholder Structure and Board Members
- Justin Maximus (Owner and Chairman/Chief Executive Officer) 56 Percent Shares
- Eddie Black (Board Member) 14 Percent Shares
- Richard George (Board Member) 10 Percent Shares
- Kennedy Jose (Board Member) 10 Percent Shares
- Charity Owen (Board Member and Secretary) 10 Percent Shares.
- Our car wrapping garage is equipped with a team of experienced and talented technicians who possess expertise in precision installation and attention to detail.
- We use high-quality vinyl wraps and decals, ensuring durability, UV resistance, and protection for the vehicle’s original paint.
- We offer a wide range of design options, including custom wraps, color change wraps, and advertising wraps, allowing customers to express their unique styles and preferences.
- Our personalized consultations and attentive customer service ensure that we meet individual customer needs and exceed expectations.
- Situated in Santa Fe, a vibrant city with a growing population and thriving business community, we are strategically positioned to attract local customers and businesses.
- The car wrapping industry is competitive, with several established and emerging competitors offering similar services in the region.
- Acquiring specialized equipment and high-quality materials for car wrapping may require substantial upfront investments.
- The increasing trend of personalizing vehicles presents opportunities to expand our customer base among car enthusiasts.
- With businesses seeking innovative marketing solutions, the demand for advertising wraps on company vehicles is expected to rise.
- Forming alliances with local auto dealerships, car clubs, and businesses can help extend our reach and enhance brand visibility.
i. How Big is the Industry?
The car wrapping industry is a small industry but there is room for it to grow.
ii. Is the Industry Growing or Declining?
The car wrapping industry is experiencing significant growth and showing no signs of declining. The growing trend of vehicle customization and personalization has driven the demand for car wrapping services.
iii. What are the Future Trends in the Industry?
Continued advancements in vinyl materials, adhesive technologies, and printing techniques will likely result in more durable, weather-resistant, and visually impressive wraps.
With an increasing focus on environmental sustainability, there could be a rise in demand for eco-friendly vinyl materials and recycling programs for used wraps. Technological innovations might pave the way for digital wraps that can display interactive content, changing designs, or personalized messages through embedded electronic elements.
Integration of AR elements in wraps could create engaging and interactive experiences for both vehicle owners and passersby. Wraps with nano-coatings might offer self-healing properties, reducing the visibility of minor scratches or imperfections.
Companies may increasingly view car wraps as an integral part of their branding strategy, leading to more creative and strategic advertising wrap designs. The use of 3D effects and textures in wraps may enhance visual appeal and create more eye-catching designs.
iv. Are There Existing Niches in the Industry?
No, there are no existing niches when it comes to a car wrapping business because the car wrapping business is a niche idea in the automotive aftermarket industry.
v. Can You Sell a Franchise of Your Business in the Future?
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. has plans to sell franchises in the near future and we will target larger cities all across the United States of America and Canada.
- Economic downturns could impact consumer spending on non-essential services like car wrapping.
- Shifting customer preferences and design trends may require us to continually update our offerings to remain relevant.
- Adherence to local and state regulations regarding vehicle modifications and advertising is essential to avoid legal issues.
i. Who are the Major Competitors?
- 3M Wrap Film Series Preferred Installers
- Avery Dennison Certified Wrap Installers
- Signature Custom Wraps
- Custom Vehicle Wraps Inc.
- Diamond Black Exteriors (DBX)
- The Wrap Agency
- Phat Phabz Custom Wraps
- SS Customs
- Chroma Wraps
- Car Wrap Solutions
- Exotic Vehicle Wraps
- Chicago Auto Pros Detail and Wraps.
ii. Is There a Franchise for the Car Wrapping Business?
No, there are no franchise opportunities for the car wrapping business.
iii. Are There Policies, Regulations, or Zoning Laws Affecting Car Wrapping Business?
Yes, there may be policies, regulations, and zoning laws affecting car wrapping businesses in the United States. These can vary by state, county, and city, so it is important for car wrapping businesses to research the regulations that apply to their specific location.
Car wrapping businesses may be required to obtain a business license and register with the state or local government. This can include obtaining a sales tax permit and paying sales taxes on any items sold. Car wrapping businesses that use certain chemicals or materials in their wrapping process may be subject to environmental regulations.
This can include regulations on the disposal of hazardous materials, such as paint or varnish. Car wrapping businesses may be subject to zoning laws that dictate where they can operate. Some areas may not allow commercial businesses to operate in residential neighborhoods, for example.
Car wrapping businesses must comply with safety regulations, such as those related to handling and storing flammable materials or using power tools. Car wrapping businesses must be careful not to infringe on the intellectual property rights of others, such as by copying patented designs or using copyrighted images without permission.
a. Who Is Your Target Audience?
i. Age Range
Primarily adults between the ages of 25 and 55 years old. This demographic includes car enthusiasts, working professionals, and business owners.
ii. Level of Education: Various levels of education, ranging from high school graduates to individuals with college degrees or higher.
iii. Income Level
Middle to upper-middle-income individuals. Our services cater to customers who have the disposable income to invest in vehicle customization and advertising.
Our services are accessible and appealing to a diverse audience, regardless of ethnicity. We welcome customers from all ethnic backgrounds.
Primarily English-speaking customers. However, our customer service may accommodate multiple languages, depending on the geographical location and community needs.
vi. Geographical Location
Residents and businesses in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and the surrounding areas will be our primary target audience. We may also attract customers from nearby cities and towns within a reasonable travel distance.
Our target audience includes car enthusiasts who take pride in their vehicles and want to customize them to reflect their personality. Additionally, local businesses seeking effective mobile advertising solutions will also be part of our target audience.
b. Advertising and Promotion Strategies
- Use FOMO to Run Photo Promotions.
- Share Your Events in Local Groups and Pages.
- Turn Your Social Media Channels into a Resource
- Host Themed Events That Catch Attention.
- Tap Into Text Marketing.
- Develop Your Business Directory Profiles
- Build Relationships with Other Businesses in Your Area
i. Traditional Marketing Strategies
- Broadcast Marketing -Television & Radio Channels.
- Marketing through Direct Mail.
- Print Media Marketing – Newspapers & Magazines.
- Out-of-Home” marketing (OOH marketing) – Public Transits like Buses and Trains, Billboards, Street Furniture, and Cabs.
- Including direct sales, direct mail (postcards, brochures, letters, fliers), tradeshows, print advertising (magazines, newspapers, coupon books, billboards), referral (also known as word-of-mouth marketing), radio, and television.
ii. Digital Marketing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing Platforms.
- Influencer Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
- Content Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing.
- Pay-per-click (PPC).
- Affiliate Marketing
- Mobile Marketing.
iii. Social Media Marketing Plan
- Create a personalized experience for our customers.
- Create an efficient content marketing strategy.
- Create a community for our audience.
- Start using chatbots.
- Gear up our profiles with a diverse content strategy.
- Use brand advocates.
- Create profiles on relevant social media channels.
- Run cross-channel campaigns.
c. Pricing Strategy
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. will adopt the following pricing strategies:
- Cost-Plus Pricing
- Value-Based Pricing
- Competitive Pricing
- Dynamic Pricing
- Bundle Pricing
Please note that our pricing strategy is based on a careful analysis of the costs and profitability of the business, as well as the needs and preferences of the target customer base.
Sales and Distribution Plan
a. Sales Channels
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. will employ a multi-channel marketing and sales strategy to reach our target audience. This includes a comprehensive online presence through our website and social media platforms, showcasing our portfolio.
Additionally, we actively participate in local crafts and auto fairs, community events, and collaborate with auto garages and enthusiasts to expand our reach and establish partnerships.
b. Inventory Strategy
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. will operate an inventory strategy that is based on a day-to-day methodology for ordering, maintaining, and processing items in our car wrapping facility and warehouse. We will develop our strategy with the same thoroughness and attention to detail as we would if we were creating an overall strategy for the business.
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. will make sure we work with “Just-in-time (JIT) inventory” – (JIT involves holding as little stock as possible, negating the costs and risks involved with keeping a large amount of stock on hand.)
c. Payment Options for Customers
Here are the payment options that Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. will make available to its clients;
- Bank Transfers
- Credit or Debit Card
- Electronic Payment Systems such as PayPal or Venmo.
d. Return Policy, Incentives, and Guarantees
At Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc., we strive to provide our customers with the highest quality car wrapping services and products. If a customer is dissatisfied with the car wrapping service or product they have received, we offer a fair and transparent return policy. if a customer identifies a defect in the wrap or installation issue, we will address it promptly.
Customers should report any concerns or issues related to the car wrapping service within a specific time frame after receiving the service. We encourage customers to provide photographic evidence to help us better understand and resolve the matter.
At Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc., we believe in rewarding our loyal customers and providing incentives to encourage new business.
We offer special discounts or promotional pricing for customers who return for additional car wrapping services or refer our business to others.
- At Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc., we stand behind the quality of our work and are committed to customer satisfaction.
- We use premium vinyl materials and adhere to industry best practices, ensuring a durable and long-lasting car wrap.
- We guarantee transparent pricing with no hidden fees or surprises.
e. Customer Support Strategy
Our customer support strategy will involve seeking customer feedback. This will help us provide excellent products and customer service to all our customers, it will help us to first understand their needs, experiences, and pain points. We will work with effective CRM software to be able to achieve this.
We will foster positive customer relationships through attentive service, clear communication, and regular updates on the progress of custom orders.
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. will exclusively use high-quality vinyl wraps and materials from reputable manufacturers to ensure durability, UV resistance, and protection for the vehicle’s original paint.
We will establish streamlined processes for car wrapping services, from customer inquiries to project completion, to ensure operational efficiency and timely delivery of services. Regular maintenance of equipment will be performed to minimize downtime and maintain smooth operations.
Our car wrapping garage will be strategically located in a convenient and accessible area in Santa Fe, New Mexico, with ample space to accommodate multiple vehicles for wrapping simultaneously. The facility will be equipped with state-of-the-art car wrapping tools, equipment, and printing technology to ensure efficient operations and high-quality results.
a. What Happens During a Typical Day at a Car Wrapping Business?
- The business is open for the day’s work
- Offering a diverse range of car wrapping services.
- Our team will work closely with each customer to understand their preferences and provide personalized design consultations.
- Our team will also spend time on marketing activities such as updating our website, creating social media content, responding to customer inquiries, and working on advertising campaigns.
- Inventory management (our team might spend time organizing and cataloging inventory, updating the inventory management system, and analyzing sales data to inform future purchasing decisions)
- Administrative tasks, such as responding to emails, scheduling appointments, managing finances, and reviewing business performance.
- The business is closed for the day.
b. Production Process
There is no production process.
c. Service Procedure
At Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc., the car wrapping process begins with an initial consultation to understand the customer’s preferences and design ideas. Our design team creates a digital visualization of the proposed car wrap for customer approval.
We guide the customer in selecting high-quality vinyl wrap materials. Before installation, our technicians inspect and prepare the vehicle’s surface. For custom designs, we use high-resolution printing technology. Skilled technicians then apply the vinyl wrap with precision.
After a thorough quality assurance check, the customer inspects and approves the final result. We finalize the project, provide an invoice, and offer post-installation care instructions.
d. The Supply Chain
The supply chain at Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. involves multiple stages to ensure a seamless flow of materials and resources r. It begins with sourcing high-quality vinyl wraps and materials from reputable suppliers. If custom designs or advertising wraps are needed, collaboration with printing suppliers takes place.
Efficient inventory management is maintained to meet customer demands without excess. In-house manufacturing and production include digital visualization, printing (if applicable), and vinyl cutting.
Logistics ensure the timely delivery of materials from suppliers to the facility. Skilled technicians conduct vehicle inspection and surface preparation before applying vinyl wraps, while quality checks ensure adherence to high standards.
e. Sources of Income
The sources of income for Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. are primarily generated through the following avenues:
- Car Wrapping Services
- Custom Design Services
- Advertising Wraps for Businesses.
a. Amount Needed to Start your Car Wrapping Company Business?
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. would need an estimate of $120,000 to successfully set up our car wrapping company in the United States of America. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all the staff for the first month of operation.
b. What are the Cost Involved in Opening a Car Wrap Business?
- Business Registration Fees – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits – $2,300.
- Marketing, Branding, and Promotions – $1,000.
- Business Consultant Fee – $2,500.
- Insurance – $2,400.
- Rent/Lease – $40,000.
- Other start-up expenses include commercial satellite TV subscriptions, stationery ($500), and phone and utility deposits ($2,800).
- Operational Cost (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $40,000
- Start-up inventory – $35,000
- Store Equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $4,750
- Furnishing and Equipping the Workshop and Showroom – $30,000
- Website: $600
- Opening party: $3,000
- Miscellaneous: $2,000
c. Do You Need to Build a Facility? If YES, How Much Will It Cost?
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. will not build a new facility for our car wrapping company.
d. What are the Ongoing Expenses for Running a Car Wrapping Business?
- Regular purchases of vinyl wraps, adhesive materials, and other supplies required for car wrapping projects.
- Labor Costs
- Rent or Lease
- Monthly expenses for electricity, water, heating, and cooling required to operate the facility.
- Marketing and Advertising
- Regular maintenance and repairs of car wrapping tools, printers (if applicable), and other equipment to ensure proper functionality.
- Expenses related to printing custom designs for wraps, including high-resolution printing and quality ink.
- Costs for stationery, office supplies, and administrative necessities.
- Software and Technology
- Vehicle Inspection and Preparation
- Waste Disposal.
e. What is the Average Salary of Your Staff?
- Chief Operating Officer (Owner) – $55,000 Per Year
- Facility Manager – $40,000 Per Year
- Workshop Manager – $38,000 Per Year
- Bookkeeper/Accountant – $35,000 Per Year
- Car Wrapping Specialist – $35,000 Per Year
- Sales and Marketing Officer – $25,000 Per Year
- Customer Service Officer (Receptionist) – $24,100 Per Year
f. How Do You Get Funding to Start a Car Wrapping Business?
- Raising money from personal savings and sale of personal stocks and properties
- Raising money from investors and business partners
- Sell shares to interested investors
- Applying for a loan from your bank/banks
- Pitching your business idea and applying for business grants and seed funding from, the government, donor organizations, and angel investors
- Source for soft loans from your family members and friends.
a. How Much Should You Charge for Your Product/Service?
The cost of a full car wrap typically ranges from $2,000 to $5,000 or more. However, it’s essential to note that these figures are approximate and may have changed since.
b. Sales Forecast?
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): $350,000
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): $480,000
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): $600,000
c. Estimated Profit You Will Make a Year?
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. is projecting to make;
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): (20% of revenue generated)
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): (25% of revenue generated)
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): (30% of revenue generated)
d. Profit Margin of a Car Wrapping Company Business
The profit margin of a car wrapping company business is not fixed. It could range from 20 percent to 30 percent depending on some unique factors.
a. How do you intend to grow and expand? By opening more retail outlets/offices or selling a franchise?
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. will grow our car wrapping company by first opening other outlets in key cities in the United States of America, and Canada within the first seven years of establishing the business and then will start selling franchises from the seventh year.
b. Where do you intend to expand to and why? (Geographical Locations)
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. plans to expand to
- Portland, Oregon
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Denver, Colorado
- Tampa, Florida
- San Diego, California
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Dallas, Texas
- Atlanta, Georgia.
Internationally, we plan to expand to Canada.
The reason we intend to expand to these locations is the fact that available statistics show that the cities listed above have a growing automobile market, making them potentially attractive markets for car wrapping businesses.
Justin Maximus® Car Wrapping Garage, Inc. has a plan to pass on the business through family succession. We have implemented the necessary structures and processes to ensure a successful transfer.
The company has developed a detailed transition plan to smoothly hand over responsibilities to the new successor, including transferring ownership, training key personnel, and communicating with employees, customers, and suppliers about the change.
The Founder also has plans for managing financial proceeds, addressing tax implications, and considering personal or professional endeavors after the exit.