A golf cart rental business is a company that offers golf carts for temporary use. Golf carts are small, motorized vehicles typically designed to carry two or more passengers and are commonly used on golf courses to transport players and their equipment between holes.
However, golf carts are also used in various other settings such as resorts, retirement communities, industrial facilities, events, and private properties. The primary purpose of a golf cart rental business is to provide customers with the convenience of renting golf carts for a specific period, usually by the hour, day, or week, depending on the customer’s needs.
Steps on How to Write a Golf Cart Rental Business Plan
Table of Content
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC is a premier golf cart rental business located in the bustling city of Fort Myers, Florida. Our company is dedicated to providing top-quality golf cart rental services to both avid golfers and various customer segments seeking convenient and eco-friendly transportation solutions.
Strategically located in Fort Myers, we have easy access to multiple golf courses, resorts, and event venues, enabling us to efficiently cater to our clientele’s needs. At Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC, we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff ensures that every customer enjoys a seamless and enjoyable experience. Our fleet comprises state-of-the-art, eco-friendly electric golf carts, equipped with modern features like GPS navigation and USB charging ports, which sets us apart from traditional gas-powered competitors.
a. Our Products and Services
Golf Cart Rentals: We offer hourly, daily, and weekly rentals. Our carts are equipped with modern amenities, ensuring comfort and convenience during their rounds.
Events and Parties: Beyond golfing, our rental services extend to events and parties held within Fort Myers. From weddings to corporate gatherings, our stylish and efficient golf carts provide seamless transportation solutions for guests.
b. Nature of the Business
Our golf cart rental will operate the B2C – Business-to-consumer business model. We will offer our services directly to the end user without any middleman arrangement.
c. The Industry
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will operate in the rental industry.
d. Mission Statement
At Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC, our mission is to provide exceptional golf cart rental services that exceed our customers’ expectations. We are dedicated to delivering top-quality, eco-friendly, and stylish golf carts to golfers, event organizers, resorts, and communities in Fort Myers, Florida.
Through our commitment to outstanding customer service, innovation, and community engagement, we strive to enhance our customers’ experiences, making every journey convenient, comfortable, and enjoyable.
e. Vision Statement
Our vision at Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC is to become the foremost provider of golf cart rentals in Fort Myers, Florida, and the surrounding regions. We envision a future where our name is synonymous with excellence, reliability, and sustainability in the golf cart rental industry.
f. Our Tagline (Slogan)
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC – “Driving Excellence, Beyond the Greens”
g. Legal Structure of the Business (LLC, C Corp, S Corp, LLP)
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will be formed as a Limited Liability Company, LLC.
h. Our Organizational Structure
- Chief Operating Officer (Owner)
- Admin and HR Manager
- Fleet Manager
- Customer Service Officer (Call Center Executives)
- Vehicle Detailers
i. Ownership/Shareholder Structure and Board Members
- Robert Jones (Owner and Chairman/Chief Executive Officer) 51 Percent Shares
- John Smith (Board Member) 19 Percent Shares
- Jennifer Johnson (Board Member) 10 Percent Shares
- Michael Williams (Board Member) 10 Percent Shares
- Jessica Brown (Board Member and Secretary) 10 Percent Shares.
- Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC has a diverse and well-maintained fleet of electric golf carts, equipped with modern amenities, providing a competitive edge in the market.
- Strategically situated in Fort Myers, Florida, the company enjoys proximity to multiple golf courses, resorts, and event venues, allowing for efficient service delivery.
- The company prides itself on delivering exceptional customer experiences. Friendly and knowledgeable staff ensure clients receive personalized attention and prompt assistance.
- Successful collaborations with local resorts, retirement communities, and event planners have established the company as a preferred and trusted golf cart rental provider.
- As a promoter of electric golf carts, Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC aligns with the growing demand for sustainable and environmentally conscious transportation solutions.
- The golf cart rental business may experience fluctuations in demand, with peak seasons during favorable weather and reduced demand during the off-season.
- While the company serves Fort Myers and its vicinity effectively, expanding its reach to other cities or regions may require additional resources and marketing efforts.
- Exploring opportunities to expand into nearby cities or tourist destinations could tap into new customer segments and increase revenue potential.
- Strengthening ties with event organizers and planners could lead to more contracts for providing golf cart services during various functions and gatherings.
- Collaborating with local businesses for corporate events and team-building activities could open up new avenues for revenue generation.
- Capitalizing on the growing retirement community in the region, the company could offer long-term golf cart rentals to residents, fostering steady and reliable income.
i. How Big is the Industry?
The golf cart rental industry is a small market within the larger recreational vehicle and tourism industries.
ii. Is the Industry Growing or Declining?
The golf cart rental industry is generally experiencing growth and gaining popularity. Golf is a popular sport and recreational activity worldwide, and the number of golfers has been increasing steadily. As more people take up golf, the demand for golf carts on golf courses also rises, contributing to the growth of the rental industry.
iii. What are the Future Trends in the Industry?
Golf carts are not only used for golfing but also for transportation in resorts, retirement communities, and various events. The tourism industry’s growth and the popularity of destination weddings, corporate events, and outdoor festivals have led to increased demand for golf cart rentals.
There has been a growing focus on sustainability and eco-friendly practices in recent years. Electric golf carts, which are more environmentally friendly than gas-powered alternatives, have gained popularity. This shift toward eco-consciousness has boosted the demand for rental companies offering electric golf carts.
Many retirement communities and senior living facilities use golf carts for transportation within their premises. As the aging population increases, so does the demand for golf cart rentals in these communities.
Beyond golfing and tourism, golf carts are finding new applications in various industries such as security and maintenance in large properties, events management, and corporate campuses. These additional use cases have broadened the customer base for golf cart rental companies.
iv. Are There Existing Niches in the Industry?
No, there are no niche ideas when it comes to the golf cart rental business.
v. Can You Sell a Franchise of Your Business in the Future?
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC has plans to sell franchises in the near future and we will target major cities with growing tourism and golf courses in the United States of America.
- The presence of other golf cart rental businesses in the area poses a competitive threat. Competitors may offer lower prices or additional services, impacting market share.
- Unfavorable weather, such as storms or extreme heat, can impact golfing and outdoor events, leading to reduced demand for golf cart rentals.
- Changes in local regulations or restrictions related to golf cart usage or rental operations may pose challenges for the business.
- Economic downturns or fluctuations could affect consumer spending, potentially reducing demand for discretionary services like golf cart rentals.
i. Who are the Major Competitors?
- Golf Cart King
- Golf Cart Rentals by Wheelz
- Suncoast Golf Cars
- Golf Car Rental Miami
- Streetrod Golf Cars
- The Golf Cart Company
- Palm Desert Golf Cart Rentals
- Low Speed Vehicles of Florida
- Island Golf Cart Rentals
- Club Car Rental.
ii. Is There a Franchise for Golf Cart Rental Business?
No, there are no franchise opportunities for the golf cart rental business.
iii. Are There Policies, Regulations, or Zoning Laws Affecting Golf Cart Rental Business?
Yes, there are policies, regulations, and zoning laws that can affect the operation of a golf cart rental business in the United States of America.
Many cities and counties have specific ordinances that govern the use of golf carts on public roads and within certain areas. These ordinances may include speed limits, restrictions on where golf carts can operate, and requirements for registration and insurance.
Some states may require individuals operating golf carts on public roads to have a valid driver’s license, while others may allow for the use of a golf cart without a license. There might be safety regulations concerning the design, maintenance, and equipment of golf carts, including requirements for seat belts, lights, and mirrors.
If the golf cart rental business serves customers with disabilities, it may need to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
a. Who is Your Target Audience?
i. Age Range
The primary target audience for Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company is individuals aged 25 to 45 years. This age group is more likely to seek adventurous and unique experiences, making them ideal candidates for golf cart rentals.
ii. Level of Education
The level of education for the target audience can vary, but a significant portion may have completed high school or hold a college degree.
iii. Income Level: The target audience typically includes individuals with a moderate to above-average income level.
The target audience at Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company is diverse and inclusive, open to individuals of various ethnic backgrounds who share a common interest in adventure and exploration.
As Fort Myers is a multicultural city, the target audience is multilingual, with English and Spanish being the predominant languages.
vi. Geographical Location
The geographical location of the target audience is primarily residents and visitors of Fort Myers, Florida, and its surrounding areas.
The target audience embraces an active and adventurous lifestyle, seeking unique experiences beyond traditional tourist activities.
b. Advertising and Promotion Strategies
- Host Themed Events That Catch the Attention of Potential Clients.
- Tap Into Text Marketing.
- Use FOMO to Run Photo Promotions.
- Share Your Events in Local Groups and Pages.
- Turn Your Social Media Channels into a Resource
- Develop Your Business Directory Profiles
- Build Relationships with travel and tour companies, other rental companies, and golf course facility managers in our Area
i. Traditional Marketing Strategies
- Marketing through Direct Mail.
- Print Media Marketing – Newspapers & Magazines.
- Broadcast Marketing -Television & Radio Channels.
- OOH Marketing – Public Transit like Buses and Trains, Billboards, Street shows, and Cabs.
- Leverage direct sales, direct mail (postcards, brochures, letters, fliers), tradeshows, print advertising (magazines, newspapers, coupon books, billboards), referral (also known as word-of-mouth marketing), radio, and television.
ii. Digital Marketing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing Platforms.
- Influencer Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
- Content Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Mobile Marketing.
iii. Social Media Marketing Plan
- Start using chatbots.
- Create a personalized experience for each of our clients.
- Create an efficient content marketing strategy.
- Create a community for our freelance marketers and influencers.
- Gear up our profiles with a diverse content strategy.
- Use brand advocates.
- Create profiles on relevant social media channels.
- Run cross-channel campaigns.
c. Pricing Strategy
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will adopt the following pricing strategies:
- Cost-Plus Pricing
- Value-Based Pricing
- Competitive Pricing
- Dynamic Pricing
- Bundle Pricing
Please note that our pricing strategy is based on a careful analysis of the costs and profitability of the business, as well as the needs and preferences of the target customer base.
Sales and Distribution Plan
a. Sales Channels
Our channel sales strategy will involve using partners and third parties—such as referral partners, affiliate partners, freelance marketers, and social media influencers to help refer clients to us.
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will establish strategic partnerships with local businesses, golf course managers, hotels, travel, and tour companies to gain insights into anticipated demand and adjust inventory accordingly.
b. Inventory Strategy
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will utilize forecasting techniques and conduct demand analysis to estimate the expected demand for golf carts in different time periods, such as weekdays, weekends, or seasonal variations.
This analysis will help determine the appropriate level of inventory needed to meet customer demand while avoiding excess inventory.
c. Payment Options for Customers
Here are the payment options that Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will make available to her customers;
- Bank Transfers
- Credit or Debit Card
- Electronic Payment Systems such as PayPal or Venmo.
d. Return Policy, Incentives, and Guarantees
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will establish a return policy for customers who need to return rented golf carts.
To encourage customer loyalty and repeat business, Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC can offer various incentives like loyalty programs where customers earn points or rewards for frequent rentals, discounts for extended rental durations, referral programs that reward customers for referring new users, and promotional offers or discounts for specific periods or events.
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will provide guarantees to instill confidence in their service and ensure customer satisfaction. Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC can guarantee that all golf carts are regularly inspected, well-maintained, and equipped with safety features to provide a safe riding experience for customers.
e. Customer Support Strategy
Our customer support strategy will involve ensuring that clients have easy access to our multiple communication channels, such as email, phone, and social media. We will also make sure that all contact information is clearly displayed on the business’s website and promotional materials.
We will foster a culture of putting clients first, where staff are trained to listen actively and empathize with clients’ needs. We will encourage staff to go the extra mile to ensure clients feel valued and supported. We will implement a CRM system to manage client data, track clients, and follow-up activities.
We strive to provide excellent customer service, ensuring a positive experience for every rider. Our dedicated support team is available 24/7 to address any concerns or issues that may arise.
- Regularly inspect and maintain golf carts to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Implement a tracking system to monitor golf cart locations and availability in real time.
- Optimize fleet size and composition based on demand patterns and customer feedback.
- Replace or retire golf carts that are no longer in optimal condition or are underutilized.
- Implement a maintenance schedule to ensure golf carts are available and ready for rental.
a. What Happens During a Typical Day at a Golf Cart Rental Business?
- The day usually starts with the staff preparing the golf carts for rental. This involves inspecting each golf cart, ensuring they are clean, well-maintained, and equipped with all required safety gear.
- Customers request to rent golf carts and they are attended to
- Schedule maintenance of the golf carts is carried out
- Staff members may also engage in marketing efforts, such as updating social media pages, promoting special offers, or distributing brochures to attract new customers.
- Behind the scenes, there are administrative tasks, such as managing reservations, updating the booking system, handling paperwork, and accounting.
- At the end of the day, staff members secure the golf carts and the rental facility, ensuring that everything is in order for the next day of operation.
b. Production Process
There is no production process when it comes to a golf cart rental business.
c. Service Procedure
Our business model centers around providing a user-friendly and accessible rental experience. Staff members handle reservations and bookings. They assist customers in selecting the appropriate golf cart type and duration of rental, confirming availability, and explaining rental policies and safety guidelines.
If required, customers receive safety training and instruction on how to operate the golf carts safely. Customers set off on their golf carts, and staff members coordinate golf cart departures and returns throughout the day.
Throughout the day, staff members remain available to answer customer questions, provide assistance, and address any concerns that may arise during the rental period. When golf carts return, they are inspected for any damages or issues. If needed, cleaning and maintenance tasks are performed to prepare the golf carts for the next rental.
d. The Supply Chain
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will establish a business relationship with wholesale supplies of golf cart supplies and merchandise.
e. Sources of Income
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will make money from renting golf carts and selling merchandise.
a. Amount Needed to Start Our Golf Cart Rental?
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC would need an estimate of $450,000 to successfully set up a golf cart rental center in the United States of America. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all our staff for the first month of operation.
b. What are the Cost Involved in Opening a Golf Cart Rental Business?
- Business Registration Fees – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits – $7,300.
- Marketing, Branding, and Promotions – $5,000.
- Business Consultant Fee – $2,500.
- Insurance – $5,400.
- Rent/Lease – $80,000.
- Operational Cost (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $60,000
- start-up inventory – $5,000
- Store Equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $4,750
- Golf carts and Accessories – $250,000
- Website: $600
- Opening party: $3,000
- Miscellaneous: $2,000
c. Do You Need to Build a Facility? If YES, How Much Will It Cost?
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will not build a new facility for our golf cart rental center; we intend to start with a long-term lease and after 5 years, we will start the process of acquiring our own facility.
d. What are the Ongoing Expenses for Running a Golf Cart Rental Business?
- Golf Cart Maintenance and Repairs
- Fuel and Operating Costs
- Licensing and Permits
- Marketing and Advertising
- Staff Salaries
- Cleaning and Supplies
- Utility bills and facility maintenance costs
- Safety Equipment and Gear
- Software and Technology
- Taxes income taxes, sales taxes, and property taxes.
- Membership Fees (if applicable).
- Credit Card Processing Fees.
e. What is the Average Salary of your Staff?
- Chief Operating Officer (Owner) – $68,000 Per Year
- Admin and HR Manager – $48,000 Per Year
- Fleet Manager $48,000 Per Year
- Accountant $38,000 Per Year
- Instructors – $36,800 Per Year
- Customer Service Officer (Call Center Executives) – $32,100 Per Year
- Golf Cart Detailers -$30,000 Per Year.
f. How Do You Get Funding to Start a Golf Cart Rental Business?
- Raising money from personal savings and sale of personal stocks and properties
- Applying for a loan from your bank/banks
- Pitching our business idea and applying for business grants and seed funding from the government, donor organizations, and angel investors
- Source for soft loans from our family members and friends.
a. How Much Should You Charge for Your Product/Service?
Golf Course Rentals: The cost typically ranges from $10 to $25 per round (18 holes) per person. Some high-end courses or resort courses may charge higher rates.
Daily Rentals: For non-golfing purposes, such as events, festivals, or local transportation, the cost of renting a golf cart can range from $50 to $150 per day, depending on the location and type of cart.
Weekly Rentals: If you need a golf cart for an extended period, such as a vacation rental or a week-long event, weekly rates may range from $200 to $500 or more, depending on the location and cart type.
Long-Term Rentals: Monthly rates can vary widely, ranging from $300 to $800 or more, depending on the contract terms and the number of carts rented.
b. Sales Forecast?
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): $360,000
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): $480,000
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): $520,000
c. Estimated Profit You Will Make a Year?
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): (10% of revenue generated)
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): (20% of revenue generated)
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): (25% of revenue generated)
d. Profit Margin of a Golf Cart Rental Product/Service
The ideal profit margin we hope to make at Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will be between 10 and 25 percent on service charges.
a. How do you intend to grow and expand? By opening more retail outlets/offices or selling a franchise?
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC will grow our golf cart rental business by first opening other facilities in key cities in the United States of America within the first five years of establishing the organization and then we will start selling franchises from the tenth year.
b. Where do you intend to expand to and why?
Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC plans to expand to;
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Orlando, Florida
- Naples, Florida
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- San Diego, California
- Palm Springs, California
- Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- Fort Myers, Florida.
The reason we intend to expand to these locations is the fact that these cities represent some of the most frequently visited cities in the US based on their cultural significance, safe, tourist attractions, multiple golf courses, and overall popularity among travelers.
The founder of Robert Jones® Golf Cart Rental Company, LLC plans to exit the business via family succession. We have positioned structures and processes in place that will help us achieve our plan of successfully transferring the business from one family member to another and from one generation to another without difficulties.
The company has successfully developed a detailed transition plan to smoothly hand over responsibilities to the new successor. This includes transferring ownership, training key personnel, and communicating with employees, customers, and suppliers about the change.