Do you have a hobby, talent or skill and you want to earn extra income online with it? If YES, here are 50 craft hobbies that make money for stay at home moms.
Being a stay at home mom does not necessarily mean that you cannot engage in any money making activity. In fact, you can start making money from your various hobbies as you relax at home. This post will provide you with ideas of various ways you can make money from your hobbies. Some of these can be done online, while others will require you to create or get a physical product to sell.
50 Craft Hobbies That Make Money for Stay at Home Moms
1. Blogging: Blogging is one the easiest ways to make money online. If you love to write, you can start a blog today in your favorite niche and start making money soonest. How can you make money with your blog? You can sell digital products on your blog. You can also make money from sponsored posts.
2. Vlogging: This works just like blogging, but in this case, you have to create videos and upload them online. You don’t need any special skills to start a vlog. As long as you can hold a camera and record, you are good to go. You can create a YouTube channel, create videos on any subject that interest you and upload your videos and make money with Google AdSense.
3. Affiliate Marketing: With affiliate marketing, you get paid a commission to help product owners sell their products. All you have to do is get people to buy a particular product that you advertise. To find good affiliate programs, simply type your ‘niche name + affiliate programs’ in Google search box.
4. Sell Customized T-shirts: If you are good with making designs, you can start a business of selling customized shirts. Sites like TeeSpring allows you design T-shirts on their platform and sell.
5. Start An Online Store: Ecommerce is one sure way to make money on the internet today. You can create an e-store where you can sell various products. You can sell your own products or buy and sell at a higher rate.
6. Freelance Writing: You can also take up writing jobs if you enjoy writing. Platforms like Upwork and Freelancer gives you an opportunity to find writing jobs easily.
7. Gift Basket Business: This is a business you can do during the holiday season. You can put together gift baskets and sell to friends.
8. Sew and Sell: For those that enjoy sewing, you can start a home based sewing business. You can sell your clothes to friends or even on ecommerce platforms.
9. Invest In Bonds: Bonds are low risk investments. There are two types of bonds which are company bonds and government bonds. Although the return on investment on bonds is low, you can start with little money and watch your income grow.
10. Get Paid To Do Laundry: A lot of people don’t have time to do their laundries. If doing laundries is more of a hobby to you, you can help your business friends with their laundry for a fee.
11. Start A Garage Sale: A way to have fun and make money is to organize garage sales with your friends. This is a good way to flip your old items for a fee.
12. Become An Author: Another way to cash into a writing hobby is by writing eBooks. Thankfully, you don’t need a publishing company to publish your books these days. A platform like Kindle makes it possible for you to publish and sell your books free.
13. Furniture Selling: Instead of piling your attic with your old furniture, you can flip them for money on craigslist. You can also source for used furniture from friends and sell at a higher rate.
14. Become A Coach: Do you have an exceptional knowledge of how to do a thing? You can start a coaching business where you teach people easier ways to get that thing done. You can become a personal coach for business owners or even a motivational coach for athletes.
15. Sell Pictures Online: If you have a passion for photography, you can take unique images and sell them on platforms like Shutterstock, Fotolia. All you need is a good camera with a sharp pixel, and good locations to take awesome images.
16. Teach A Course Online: Sites like Coursea and Udemy allow you create an online course on your favorite skill and sell to students. You can make a video of any exceptional knowledge you have, upload it on Udemy and get paid for every student that takes the course.
17. Online Fitness Course: If you are a fitness freak, then you can as well monetize your skills. With a good camera, you can create a workout course and sell to people. You can start from uploading basic workouts on a YouTube channel to create awareness, then package and sell your workout videos once you have gained enough followers.
18. Survey: You can also make money by taking paid surveys both offline and online. Sites like SurverMonkey pay you to take several surveys on areas that interest you and even taste new products.
19. Become A Virtual Assistant: A lot of companies pay a fortune to hire virtual assistants. If you have enough time, and you enjoy doing some minor office tasks from home, you can become a virtual assistant.
20. Become A Language Tutor: Are you fluent in more than one language? Then you can become a language tutor. You can start your own language course, or you can even pick translation jobs on the side.
21. Knit And Sale: If you have a pretty good knitting skills, you can knit sweat shirts, table cloths and similar items and sell to your friends.
22. Baking: You can also start a small scale home baking business. You bake small chops and sell around your neighborhood. Also, store owners that sell baked products will gladly agree to display your products in their shops for a commission.
23. Sell Soap: Soap making is another hobby you can turn to a small scale business at home.
24. Graphics Design: Graphics design is one skill that is in demand at the moment. If you are good with colors, you can take it a step further by learning graphic designing. There are lots of graphics jobs available on freelance sites.
25. Daycare: You can start a home daycare where you charge parents a fee to take care of their little kids for a couple of hours.
26. Sell Your Skills on Fiverr: Fiverr is a sort of Freelance site where you get paid $5 to offer various digital skills. Pay the Fiverr platform a visit and check out skills you have that you can exchange for a pay. Create an account and start making money.
27. Write Reviews For Products You Own: You can also write reviews on products you have tried and get paid for it. There are two ways to make money from writing reviews. First, you can start a review site where you write reviews of similar products and attach affiliate links to your articles. Secondly, you can write for paid review sites for a fee.
28. Teach Recipes: You can teach people your personal recipes for a fee.
29. Become A Paid Dietitian: A lot of people are having difficulties keeping up with their weight loss. If you are good at healthy food combinations, you can help people plan their diet and make money from it.
30. Web Design: The services of web designers will remain on demand for a long time to come. You can start a home-based web design business today. There are hundreds of web design and development jobs available on Freelance sites that you can bid and earn money.
31. Plant A Garden: If you have enough space in your home, you can start a small garden and sell the produce to fresh vegetable stores near you. Most fresh vegetable stores will pay you to supply them organic fresh vegetables. You can also plant pumpkins and sell during the Halloween season.
32. Social Media Specialist: Most business owners and Ecommerce platforms depend on social media to source for clients and customers. You as a social media specialist can help these people optimize their social media campaigns for a fee. Most companies pay a fortune to hire social media and digital marketing specialists. The fun aspect of the job is that you can work remotely.
33. Pet Sitting: Pet sitting is another easy way you can make money as a sit at home mom. If you love pets and you don’t mind taking care of other people’s pets, you can start a home-based pet sitting business.
34. Become A Wedding Planner: Planning a wedding is one hell of a stressful thing to do. That is why most to-be couples outsource the duty of planning their weddings to a wedding planner. You can start a wedding planning business if you don’t mind the stress associated with putting together someone’s dream wedding.
35. Start a Drop Shipping Business: This business is almost similar to Ecommerce business. The only difference is that for Drop shipping, the manufacturer handles packages and ships the product straight to your customer. Most stay-at-home moms are making full time income from the Drop shipping business.
36. Sell Flower Arrangements: If you have a thing about creating awesome flower arrangements and you can come up with great color combinations, then you can start a flower arrangement business. You services will be needed by event and wedding planners.
37. Rent Out A Part Of Your Apartment: Sites like Airbnb allows you rent out part of your apartment. You can make a monthly side income from renting out your apartment.
38. Event Decorator: People pay event planners to help them put together events like their birthday parties. You can start a small scale event planning business and make money helping friends organize events.
39. Teach Dance Classes: A lot of people love to dance and are willing to pay a dance teacher to help them perfect simple dance steps. If dancing is a hobby for you, you can organize dance classes in your garage. You get to have fun doing what you love and also make money from it.
40. Invest In Real Estate: Real Estate is a capital intensive business, but it is one business that has high appreciative value. If you have enough capital to spare, you can start from real estate flipping. You buy old apartments for a very low prize, renovate and flip for a higher prize.
41. Become A Yoga Tutor: Some people prefer Yoga to other types of high intensity workouts, and they don’t mind paying a yoga instructor to put them through effective Yoga moves. You can start a business as a Yoga instructor and make money.
42. Invest In Stocks: Stock investment has to do with buying company shares. You get paid dividends when you invest in a company’s stock. Check out investment brokers today and start building a small stock portfolio.
43. Publish Audio Books: Another way to make money from home is by publishing audio books on platforms like the Kindle Audible.
45. Start A Stay-at-Home Disney Agent: The Disney Company has money making packages where you get paid to help families plan their Disney vacations.
46. Start A Small Poultry Farm: It does not require rocket science to start a small scale poultry farm. The good news is that you can start making money from your poultry farm in 5 months or less depending on your breed. You can sell poultry meat or become an egg supplier to grocery stores around you.
47. Run Errands For A Fee: If you don’t mind running small errands for people in your neighborhood, you can convert it into a source of income. TaskRabbit is a site that connects you to people looking for extra hands for errands.
48. Sell Your Selfies: As weird as this may sound, you can make money from taking selfies. There are some sites like Stylnity that pays you to upload your unique selfies on their platform.
49. Publish Children’s Books: You can publish children’s books on Kindle and make money. A lot of people make full time income from publishing children’s books.
50. Become An Online Typist: You can join any of the words to speech platforms as an online typist and make money from typing.
Many of the ideas shared here does not require much startup capital. All you need are some basic skills and determination to become successful.
Latest posts by Ajaero Tony Martins (see all)
- 8 Strong Reasons You Should Become an Entrepreneur - January 9, 2020
- How to Find a Business Partner or Investor With Money - January 9, 2020
- How to Start a Vintage Boutique Business - January 7, 2020