Do you want to know the legal requirements you need to starting a daycare business? If YES, here is a checklist of daycare licenses, permits & insurance.
Having provided you with a:
- Daycare Industry Overview
- Market Research and Feasibility
- Daycare Business Plan
- Daycare Name ideas
- Daycare Licenses and Permits
- Daycare Marketing Plan
- Cost of Starting a Daycare
- Daycare Marketing ideas
We will consider what it takes to get operating license and permit for your daycare business including insurance coverage and intellectual property protection.
So, if you have scaled the hurdle of being in love with children, then starting your own day care business might be a smart business choice. Having this wish or aspiration as it were on the front burner of your mind, isn’t all that is required.
As a matter of fact there are legal necessities that you have got to tackle. What is more, is the point that you have to draw up a comprehensive business plan that will guide you as you begin the journey as a budding day care entrepreneur.
Starting a Daycare – Licenses, Permits & Insurance
Table of Content
1. Get the Necessary Legal Documents You Need to Operate
No one embarks on a business mission without doing all the legal ground work. This is really vital. This is so that you do not fall in the many traps of business officials in the country who might want to clamp down on your business, should you be found wanting.
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Daycare / Childcare License
- Business Plan
- Non – disclosure Agreement
- Employment Agreement (offer letters for book sale club with printing press / publishing house)
- Operating Agreement for LLCs (Suitable for Sales Book Club)
- Insurance Policy
- Grand Rules / Membership Policy Document
- Day care contract documents
- State Health Permit
- Child care Permit
2. Does Running a Daycare Business Require Professional Certification?
Like it was earlier stated, one of the areas of strength or the things that may cause you to thrive more than your competitors is when you are a certified child psychologist. Why is this important? Well, this is important because you need to be able to relate at a deeper level with the children.
This does not necessarily mean that all your employees must be child psychologists too. If they are, then fine. If not, it is only needful that as the visionary, you get armed with the right certification.
15 Quick Steps to Getting a Daycare License Fast
- Determine the kind of home daycare license you will apply for
- Fill Your Application Forms Accurately and Attach Copies of All the Supporting Documents as Required
- Secure a Decent and Neat Facility with Approval from the Appropriate Department
- Ensure that the Facility You Intend Using for Your Daycare is not in a Noisy Area
- Attend Training on Daycare Management and Also Obtain Relevant Certifications
- Hire At Least a Nurse as Part of Your Staff
- Purchase the Appropriate Insurance Policy for Your Daycare Centre
- Register Your Daycare with the Government and Obtain Tax Payer’s ID
- Complete your registration process through the appropriate website of the department of family and protective services
- Pay the associated fee with respect to the kind of home childcare license you are applying for
- Wait to be contacted by the Department of Family and Protective Services
- Schedule a gas leakage test, fire and sanitation inspection from a private local company
- Make Provisions for Consistent Training of Your Employees
- Ensure That You Have Above the Required Startup Capital in Your Bank Account
- Get As Much Recommendations as Possible from Notable Parents in Your Community
3. Discuss With an Agent to Know the Best Insurance Policies for You
It is very vital that you start a day care business with the right insurance policies in place. You may want to a consult your insurance broker to advice you on the appropriate insurance policies to buy. You may conversely decide to use the information here to purchase the right insurance cover.
Here are some of the basic insurance covers that you should consider purchasing if you want to start your own day care business in the united states of America;
- General insurance
- Health insurance
- Liability insurance
- Workers Compensation
- Overhead expense disability insurance
- Business owner’s policy group insurance