Are you about starting a dessert catering business? If YES, here’s a complete sample dessert catering business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE. Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a dessert catering business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample dessert catering marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for dessert catering businesses. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Table of Content
- 2. Executive Summary
- 5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- 6. SWOT Analysis
- 7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- 13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
Why Start a Dessert Catering Business?
Have you ever wondered how difficult it would be for people who intend hosting a party to be the ones to cook all the meals that their guests will eat? No doubt it will be a difficult task to accomplish especially if the number of guests attending the event is much. If the host attempts to personally cook the meals for her guests especially when the number is on the high side, there is a likelihood of breakdown and the inability to enjoy the party or celebration, hence the need for caterers.
Starting a dessert catering business may sound easy, but the truth is that there is quite a lot that needs to be done to see that your dessert catering business takes flight within the estimated period. The question therefore is; what is top priority on the list that must be done?
Well, it is the business plan. You already know by now that businesses need business plans to project and tag along. Writing a business plan to many might come as a herculean task. It is for this reason that business plan templates can be drawn from the internet and even from business books, so that you can have an idea of what it is like to draw up a business plan for yourself.
That is not all. You need to make sure that you have tangible reasons why you want to be in the line of business you have chosen; as such, there has to be a real connection between you and the people whose food problems you want to solve.
This can be categorized as the vision and mission of the business as you will see in the sample business plan as you forge ahead. Other areas that might require some math and reckoning would be worked out along the road as you get acquainted with the sample business plan.
You too can now write your own business plan by fixing in the appropriate details of your business after you have gone through the sample dessert catering business plan template below.
A Sample Dessert Catering Business Plan Template
1. Industry Overview
Dessert catering business is part of the caterers industry and this industry comprises of companies that provide event-based food services. Caterers generally have equipment and vehicles to transport meals and snacks to events or prepare food off-site.
Banquet halls with catering staff are also part of the caterers industry. Examples of events catered by players in this industry are graduation parties, wedding receptions, business luncheons and trade shows. Those who run dessert catering services are involved in preparing sweet courses or dish like fruit, ice cream or pastry served at the end of a meal.
There is hardly any country in the world that you won’t find caterers who are into full – time catering business. Professional caterers do not only cater for big organizations, government agencies, institutions and parties, they can also be contracted to handle home catering services for people who can afford it; people who host huge number of visitors per time in their houses or guest house et al.
The Caterers industry that dessert catering business is part of is a thriving sector of the economy of the United States, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Canada and in most countries of the world.
Statistics has it that in the united states of America, the Caterers industry generates a whooping sum of $12 billion annually from more than 121,737 registered catering services/franchises (dessert catering services inclusive) scattered all around the United States of America. The industry is responsible for the employment of well over 261,189 people. Experts project the caterers industry to grow at a 1.3 percent annual rate.
The dessert catering business will continue to blossom because people will always want to eat when they attend parties and similar events. There are rooms for any entrepreneur who is interested in running a catering business in the United States of America to start in any capacity and still maximize profit in the business; you can start by catering for 20 people or less and you can start your catering business by catering for a large crowd. The bottom line is that catering is known to be a very lucrative business in any part of the world, not just the United States of America.
It is important to state that catering business is considered among the delicate industry because they are involved in cooking food for the consumption of a large number of guests per time which is why the business is subjected to regular inspection by relevant health officials from your local health department. If you run a catering business in the United States of America, you are expected by law to comply with laid down rules and regulations of the industry.
2. Executive Summary
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. is a standard and registered catering services business that will be located in the heart of Las Vegas – Nevada. We have been able to lease a facility along a major road that is big enough to fit into the design of the kind of catering services (with bias for dessert catering) that we intend launching and the facility is located in a corner piece directly opposite the largest residential estate in Las Vegas – Nevada.
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. will be involved in preparing and serving various desserts at parties and events. We know that that there are several large and small dessert catering and other catering services businesses all around Las Vegas – Nevada which is why we spent time and resources to conduct our feasibility studies and market survey so as to offer much more than our competitors will be offering.
We will be providing single event based dessert catering services, providing dessert catering services in banquet halls with catering staff and transporting meals and snacks or preparing desserts on-site.
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. will at all times demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely.
Our plan is to position the business to become one of the leading brands in the caterers’ industry in the whole of Las Vegas – Nevada, and also to be amongst the top 20 dessert catering services business in the United States of America within the first 10 years of operation.
This might look like a tall dream but we are optimistic that this will surely be realized because we have done our research and feasibility studies and we are enthusiastic and confident that Las Vegas – Nevada is the right place to launch our dessert catering services business before spreading our tentacles all across major cities in the United States of America.
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. is a family business that is owned by Mrs. Sandra Johnson and her immediate family members. Mrs. Sandra Johnson is a caterer par excellence; she has a B.Sc. in Food Science and a Diploma in Business Administration with well over 10 years’ experience in the catering industry working for some of the leading brands in the United States. Although the business is launching out in Las Vegas – Nevada, but there is a plan to spread our tentacles all across other key cities in the United States of America.
3. Our Products and Services
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. is in the catering industry to make profit and we will ensure we go all the way to make available a wide variety of desserts to our clients. We are well prepared to make profits from the industry and we will do all that is permitted by the law in the United States to achieve our business goals, aim and ambition.
Our product and service offerings are listed below;
- Providing single event based dessert catering services
- Providing dessert catering services in banquet halls with catering staff
- Transporting meals and snacks or preparing desserts on-site
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to become the leading dessert catering service in Las Vegas – Nevada and in other cities in the United States of America where we intend spreading our tentacles.
- Our mission is to establish a standard dessert catering services business that will make available a wide variety of desserts at affordable prices at parties and other events in Las Vegas – Nevada and other cities in the United States of America where we intend spreading our tentacles.
Our Business Structure
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. do not intend to start a dessert catering services business like the usual mom and pop business around the street corner; our intention of starting a dessert catering services business is to build a standard business in Las Vegas – Nevada. We will ensure that we put the right structure in place that will support the kind of growth that we have in mind while setting up the business.
We will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, honest, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stakeholders (the owners, workforce, and customers). In view of that, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Human Resources and Amin Manager
- Professional Caterers (Cooks and Bakers)
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Service Girls and Service Boys
- Van Drivers/Deliverers
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO (Owner):
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Reports to the board
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversees the smooth running of daily office activities
- Responsible for managing the daily activities in the business (kitchen inclusive)
- Ensures that serving equipment, desserts and outdoor staff arrive at venues on time
- Ensures that the kitchen facility is in tip top shape and conducive enough to prepare meals for different classes of people
- Interfaces with third – party providers (vendors)
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
- Attends to Customers complains and enquiries
- Prepares budget and reports for the organization
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the CEO
Professional Caterers (Cooks and Bakers)
- Prepares all the dessert that are listed in the menu as supervised by the kitchen supervisor
- Responsible for carrying out all casual or unskilled jobs in the kitchen and on – site (event locations)
- Responsible for packaging desserts meant for delivery
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the manager
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinates all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Model demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Service Girls and Service Boys – Servers (Contract Staff)
- Takes orders from guests
- Serves guest during events/parties
- Assists in cleaning dishes after events/parties
- Assists in the movement of cooking utensils, plates, spoons and other relevant wares
- Assists in setting up cooking and serving stands during events
- Promptly attends to customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Ensures that customers order is properly taken and delivered
- Projects the image of the organization
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the Chief Operating officer/manager
- Transports workers, cooking utensils, plates, spoons and other relevant wares to and from event venues
- Delivers correspondence for the business
- Runs errand for the organization
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the floor/line manager
- Responsible for cleaning the kitchen facility and trucks at all times
- Responsible for washing cooking utensils, plates, spoons and other relevant wares
- Ensure that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Cleans both the interior and exterior of the kitchen facility
- Handle any other duty as assigned by the manager
6. SWOT Analysis
Our plan of starting our dessert catering service in Las Vegas – Nevada is to test run the business for a period of 3 to 5 years to know if we will invest more money, expand the business and then spread our tentacles all over Nevada and key cities in the United States.
We are quite aware that there are several desserts catering services companies all over Las Vegas – Nevada and even in the same location where we intend locating ours, which is why we are following the due process of establishing a business.
We know that if a proper SWOT analysis is conducted for our business, we will be able to position our business to maximize our strength, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our risks and be welled equipped to confront our threats.
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. employed the services of an expert HR and Business Analyst with bias in the catering industry to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a Business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives.
This is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc.
Our location, the business model we will be operating (providing single event based dessert catering services, providing dessert catering services in banquet halls with catering staff and transporting meals and snacks or preparing desserts on-site.), varieties of payment options, wide varieties of desserts and our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. So also, we have a management team that has what it takes to grow a new business to profitability within a record time.
A major weakness that may count against us is the fact that we are a new dessert catering services – business and we don’t have the financial capacity to compete with multi – million dollar dessert catering service businesses and catering service businesses operating all across the United States of America.
The fact that we are going to be operating our dessert catering services business in one of the busiest streets in Las Vegas – Nevada, provides us with unlimited opportunities to serve a large number of people. We have been able to conduct thorough feasibility studies and market survey and we know what our potential clients will be looking for when they hire our services; we are well positioned to take on any other opportunities that will come our way.
Just like any other business, one of the major threats that we are likely going to face is economic downturn. It is a fact that economic downturn affects purchasing/spending power. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of a new dessert catering services business and even catering services business in same location where ours is located.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
In this era where the online community is growing rapidly, you would do your dessert catering business a whole lot of favor if you create your own online presence. One of the easiest ways to get people to see you as an expert in your line of business is to blog constantly about food and desserts.
You may also want to leverage on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, and others to publicize your dessert catering services. You can as well go ahead to create a strong online ordering platform where people can place orders for desserts from you. You must ensure that your delivery system (shipping) is efficient if you intend to do well with your online sale of desserts.
So also, in keeping consumers’ appetites satisfied, desserts catering services and other related food businesses have created new menu options that capitalize on the trend of increased awareness of the health risks associated with a high – fat diets. The industry has also thrived by developing products at price points attractive enough to weather the slow recovery, resulting in strong revenue growth. These trends are expected to continue and contribute to revenue growth going forward.
8. Our Target Market
There is hardly any organization or individual who intends organizing any party or event that will not engage the services of caterers. One of the high points of parties, weddings and events generally is the serving of food. Most people that attend parties look forward to when food will be served, that is to tell you that a party will not be complete if there is nothing to eat and drink.
It is the norm for most corporate organizations to contract the management of their canteens to vendors (caterers) because they know that it will be a distraction if they decide to handle it themselves. This is one of the major areas catering companies leverage on in building their business and generating steady income for the business.
Outdoor catering services is supposed to be the core offering of catering businesses, but outdoors events don’t happen every day. As a matter of fact, caterers compete for the available weddings and parties that will be hosted during the weekends because weekends and holidays seems to be the busiest period for catering business.
One thing about desserts is that you can hardly find someone who don’t patronize them. As a matter of fact, most dessert catering services now have menus designed specifically for healthy eating conscious people and others depending on their eating preferences.
We are in business to retail wide varieties of desserts to the following groups of people and businesses;
- Graduation Parties
- Wedding Receptions
- Business luncheons and Trade Shows
- Annual General Meetings
- Event Planners
- Corporate Organizations
- House Parties
- School Events
A close study of the caterers industry reveals that the market has become much more intensely competitive over the last decade. As a matter of fact, you have to be highly creative, customer centric and proactive if you must survive in this industry. We are aware of the stiff competition and we are well prepared to compete favorably with other dessert catering services businesses in Las Vegas – Nevada.
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. is launching a standard dessert catering services business that will indeed become the preferred choice of residents and organizations in Las Vegas – Nevada. Our office is located in a corner piece property on a busy road directly opposite one of the largest residential estates in Las Vegas – Nevada.
One thing is certain; we will ensure that we have wide varieties of desserts available on our menu at all times. One of our business goals is to make Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. a one stop dessert catering services business. Our excellent customer service culture, online ordering option, various payment options and highly secured facility will serve as a competitive advantage for us.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the caterers’ industry, meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our aims and objectives. We will also give good working conditions and commissions to freelance sales agents that we will recruit from time to time.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. is in business to prepare and serve a wide variety of desserts to the residents and corporate organizations in Las Vegas – Nevada. We are in the caterers industry to maximize profits and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we achieve our business goals and objectives.
In essence, our source of income will be the preparing and serving of varieties of desserts at events and parties – we will be involved in;
- Providing single event based dessert catering services
- Providing dessert catering services in banquet halls with catering staff
- Transporting meals and snacks or preparing desserts on-site
10. Sales Forecast
One thing is certain when it comes to the dessert catering services business, if your business is centrally positioned, you will always attract customers cum contracts to cater in parties and events and that will sure translate to increase in revenue generation for the business.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Las – Vegas – Nevada and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income/profits from the first six months of operation and grow the business and our clientele base.
We have been able to critically examine the caterers’ industry, we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projections are based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in Las Vegas – Nevada.
Below are the sales projections for Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc., it is based on the location of our business and other factors as it relates to dessert catering start-ups in the United States;
- First Fiscal Year-: $240,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $450,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $750,000
N.B: This projection was done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same products and customer care services as we do within same location.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Before choosing a location to launch Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc., we conducted a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to penetrate the available market and become the preferred choice for residents and corporate organizations all across Las Vegas – Nevada. We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the number of customers we want.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the caterers’ industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of winning a large percentage of the available market in Las Vegas – Nevada. In other to continue to be in business and grow, we must continue to cater at events and parties which is why we will go all out to empower our sales and marketing team to deliver.
In summary, Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to win customers over;
- Open our dessert catering services business in a grand style with a party for all
- Introduce our dessert catering services business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to corporate organizations, schools, event planners, wedding planners, households and key stakeholders in Las Vegas – Nevada
- Ensure that we prepare wide varieties of desserts at all times
- Make use of attractive hand bills to create awareness and also to give direction to our facility
- Create different packages for different category of clients in order to work with their budgets and still deliver quality desserts and services
- Print out fliers and business cards and strategically drop them in sport centers, stadiums, offices, libraries, public facilities and train stations et al.
- Adopt direct mailing coupon marketing approach
- Encourage and reward referral marketing
- Position our signage/flexi banners at strategic places around Las Vegas – Nevada
- Position our greeters to welcome and direct potential customers
- Create a loyalty plan that will enable us reward our regular customers
- Engage in roadshows within our neighborhood to create awareness for our dessert catering services business
- Join local chambers of commerce and industry with the aim of networking and marketing our services and products
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. has a long – term plan of spreading our tentacles all around Nevada and key cities in the United States which is why we will deliberately build our brand to be well accepted in Las Vegas before venturing out. As a matter of fact, our publicity and advertising strategy is not solely for winning customers over but to effectively communicate our brand.
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc.;
- Place adverts in community based newspapers, radio and TV stations
- Encourage the use of word of mouth publicity from our loyal customers
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Badoo, Google+ and other platforms to promote our dessert catering services – business
- Ensure that our we position our banners and billboards in strategic positions all around Las Vegas – Nevada
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas in and around our neighborhood
- Contact corporate organizations, households, religious centers, schools and event planners et al by calling them up and informing them of Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. and the desserts and services we offer
- Advertise Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. business in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site
- Brand all our official cars and delivery vans and ensure that all our staff members and management staff wears our branded shirt or cap at regular intervals
12. Our Pricing Strategy
Part of our strategy for entering the market is to leverage on pricing to gain a good percentage of the available market. We will attract clients by offering quality dessert catering services at rock – bottom prices, a price that probably will be the lowest in the industry.
Although prices for our dessert catering services and other related services will be lower than what is obtainable in the industry, but it won’t be so for a long time. As a matter of fact, we intend jacking up the prices gradually until it falls at par with what is obtainable in the industry. We intend achieving this within a year of launching the business.
We are aware that there are contracts for supply of desserts by government, corporate organizations or big religious organization; we will ensure that we abide by the bidding pricing template when we bid for such contracts.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards/Point of Sale Machines (POS Machines)
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our clients make payment for desserts and services without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for hiring our services.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
In setting up any business, the start-up cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting a place, then you would need a reasonable amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
This means that the start-up can either be low or high depending on your goals, vision and aspirations for your business. These are the key areas where we will spend our start-up capital;
- The total fee for registering the business in the United States of America – $750
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $1,300
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of – $3,580
- The cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,500
- The cost for insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) at a total premium – $2,400
- The cost for payment of rent for 12 months at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $105,600
- The cost for construction of a standard kitchen – $70,000
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500), phone and utility deposits ($2,500)
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $100,000
- The cost for start-up inventory (gas cookers, cooking utensils, service wares, food ingredients, raw materials and packaging materials et al) – $80,000
- Storage hardware (bins, racks, shelves, food case) – $3,720
- The cost for counter area equipment (counter top, sink, ice machine, etc.) – $9,500
- The cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- The cost of purchase of delivery vans – $50,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000
- The cost of launching a website – $600
- The cost for our opening party – $10,000
- Miscellaneous – $10,000
We would need an estimate of $400,000 to successfully set up our dessert catering services business in the United States of America.
Generating Funds/Startup Capital for Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc.
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. is a private business that is solely owned and financed by Mrs. Sandra Johnson and her immediate family members. They do not intend to welcome any external business partner which is why she has decided to restrict the sourcing of the startup capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $100,000 (Personal savings $70,000 and soft loan from family members $30,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $300,000 from our bank. All the papers and documents have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the number of loyal customers that they have, the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure.
One of our major goals of starting Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to offer our services (dessert catering services) a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Sandra Johnson® Catering Services, Inc. will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangements will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; and they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of facility and remodeling the facility: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging, Marketing/Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed kitchen and serving wares, furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party/launching party planning: In Progress
- Compilation of our list of desserts (menu) that will be serving at events and parties: Completed
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – suppliers of flours/breads, meat, cooking ingredients, coffees and soft drinks – In Progress