Are you an entrepreneur or an aspiring entrepreneur? Do you inspire to be like great business leaders such as Ingvar Kamprad, Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffett, Mike Adenuga, Mo Ibrahim and Aliko Dangote?
Do you have a strong desire to develop your leadership skills or do you you want to improve on your leadership style? Do you know you can develop or improve your leadership skills in 21 days or less? If you want to find out how, then read on.
In this article, I am going to reveal 21 smart ways to develop your leadership skills in 21 days or less. Call it high speed learning and you won’t be wrong. So if you are prepared for this high speed learning, then read on as I share with you 21 smart ways to develop good leadership skills in 21 days or less.
21 Ways to Develop Good Leadership Skills in 21 Days or Less
1. Have a strong desire to develop leadership skills; desire to become a leader. If you don’t have a strong desire to develop the necessary leadership skills, then you will not be motivated to do what it takes to achieve the feat in 21 days.
2. Read books that will help you develop leadership skills.
3. Attend a leadership training course or seminar.
4. Listen to audio tapes or Cds on leadership skills development.
5. Look for friends with the same goal and orientation; and work together with them towards developing leadership skills.
6. Sign up for a leadership training course online.
7. Volunteer to handle tasks and lead projects that others avoid.
8. Watch leadership skills development videos prepared by great leaders.
9. Look for a business leader and seek mentorship from him or her. Propose to be his or her protégé in return for working for free.
10. Watch inspiring movies where great leadership spirits were displayed. Examples of such movies are King Arthur, 300, Troy, Brave Heart and Kingdom of heaven.
11. Read biographies and auto biographies of great leaders.
12. Join organizations where leadership skills development is top priority. Example of such organization is Toastmaster.
13. Join a network marketing business that trains distributors on how to become great business leaders.
14. Visit blogs, forums and websites that share leadership skill development tips and spend some time there.
15. Look for a paid leadership coaching service and sign up. This is all about getting a personal leadership coach to guide you along the way.
16. Join business networks and exchange leadership ideas and techniques with like minded people who are at the helm of affairs of great companies.
17. Attend business conferences or entrepreneurial summit. You may pick leadership inspiration by listening to stories of how young entrepreneurs handle business challenges and business failures.
18. Read or listen to the speeches of great leaders. You can decode the source of inspiration of these great business leaders by simply listening to their speeches.
19. When a situation arises that involves leading people on an assignment, project or anything; volunteer to lead.
20. Develop the mindset required for leadership. Remember, leadership development must begin with a change of mindset or else; you will only be pouring water on a rock.
21. After reading books, attending seminars or trying out other techniques; you must remember to work on yourself. Learning how to be a good leader without putting what you learned into active practice is simply a waste of time and energy.
Working on yourself entails changing your perception towards failure, working on your appearance and acquiring the necessary skills needed to become a leader. I am talking about skills such as communication skill, delegation skill, negotiation skill and people skill. In fact, I will recommend you start by studying the traits of leadership and get to work on yourself to develop such traits.
As a final note, I want to state that anyone can become a great leader; all you need is a strong desire and unyielding will to achieve your desire. I wish you the best of luck in your quest to become a leader.