Are you about starting a food delivery service? If YES, here is a complete sample online food delivery business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a food delivery business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample food delivery marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for home and office food delivery businesses. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Why Start a Online Food Delivery Service Business?
The food cum restaurant industry is indeed a vast industry and there are loads of players in the industry hence the competitive nature of the industry. The fact that the industry in most cities is competitive does not in any way stop an aspiring entrepreneur who has keen interest in the industry to back out. There are several ways that one can launch his or her business in the food cum restaurant industry.
If you are interested in starting a business in the food cum restaurant industry, then one of the ways you can enter the industry is to create your niche or choose a niche that you can effectively maximize. Starting food delivery services to homes and offices (corporate organizations might just be the door into starting something thriving and profitable.
No doubt if you want to start a new business, it is required that you have a good business plan in place before launching out if indeed you don’t want to run your business as a mediocre. Below is a sample homes and offices food delivery services business plan template that can help you to successfully write your own with little or no difficulty;
A Sample Online Food Delivery Service Business Plan Template
- Business Overview
Players in the homes and offices food delivery services industry are involved in delivery foods to any destination within their coverage area as ordered by their clients. Basically, the process of ordering food from a local restaurant or food cooperative is through their telephones, website or customized mobile app.
It is same process when ordering goods from online stores, and many of these food delivery services companies allow customers to keep accounts with them in order to make frequent ordering convenient. Payments are usually done either by credit card or cash, with the restaurant returning a percentage to the online food company if they are not the owners of the restaurant.
The food delivery services industry is indeed a thriving and profitable industry so much so that, in 2008, Papa John’s International announced that its online sales were growing on average more than 50 percent each year and neared $400 million in 2007 alone.
A recent research conducted by TechCrunch reported that “of the $70 billion [takeaway and delivery market], only about $9 billion (roughly 13 percent) is online. The established delivery infrastructure of these franchises was well suited for an online ordering system.
The home and office food delivery services industry much active in the United States of America, Canada and European countries. The industry generates several millions of US dollars annually from several registered and unregistered small – scale, medium scale and big home and office food delivery services businesses scattered all around The United States of America. This line of business is responsible for the employment loads of people directly and indirectly all around the world.
The recent trends in the food delivery services industry is that, local companies have started teaming up with e-commerce companies to make ordering quicker and more precise. Some restaurants have embraced online ordering despite their lack of delivery systems, using it to manage pick-up orders or to take reservations.
If you are contemplating opening a home and office food delivery services business in the United States, you should ensure that you carry out a thorough market survey and feasibility studies so you that you will be able to get the ideal location with the right demographic composition. The truth is that, if you get some key factors wrong before starting your own home and office food delivery services business, then you are likely going to struggle to stay afloat.
Online Food Delivery Service Business Plan – Executive Summary
Food @ Your Door Step® LLC is a standard and registered home and office food Delivery Company that will be based in Boston – Massachusetts, USA. We will cover a wide range of clients both individual and corporate clients. We have been able to lease a suitable restaurant facility with kitchen permit from the appropriate authorities.
The facility is centrally located in the heart of Boston and little minute drive to Harvard University Community. We have put plans in place to also sell our franchise and offer consultancy services in line with our area of business.
Food @ Your Door Step® LLC is established by the Massachusetts awarding winning food nutritionist and caterer – Ms. Clara Brown who has B.Sc. in Food Science Technology and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Harvard Business School. She has a robust experience in the food and confectionaries business having worked both in the public sector and the private sector prior to starting her own business.
As a company, we are willing to go the extra mile to invest in some of the finest professionals (chefs, delivery officers and back office staff members) we can find and also we have set plans in place to acquire the best of equipment when it comes to setting up a standard and first class restaurant / kitchen.
When it comes to hygiene and proper packaging, we have put plans, process and structures in place that will ensure that we are always at the top of game when it comes to that. We have been able to secure permits from all relevant departments in Massachusetts.
The demand for foods, snacks and drinks is not going to plummet any time soon, which is why we have put plans in place to continue to explore all available market around the cities where our restaurant is going to be located and ensure that we create a wide range of distribution channels via franchising. With that, we know that we will be able to maximize profits in our business.
Our strongest selling point at Food @ Your Door Step® LLC is the unique taste of the different type of foods, snacks and drinks that we will make and sell. There is hardly any customer that will taste any of our food who would not want to come back and make more purchase or order more– we take great delight in welcoming repeated customers over and over again.
Food @ Your Door Step® LLC will at all times demonstrate her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a firm, by actively participating in our communities and integrating sustainable business practices wherever possible.
We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our customers’ needs precisely and completely whenever they patronize our products. We will cultivate a working environment that provides a human, sustainable approach to earning a living, and living in our world, for our partners, employees and for our customers.
Our plan is to position Food @ Your Door Step® LLC to become one of the leading brand in the home and office food delivery services industry in the whole of Massachusetts, and also to be amongst the top 10 home and office food delivery services brand in the United States of America within the first 10 years of starting our business.
This might look too tall a dream but we are optimistic that this will surely come to pass because we have done our research and feasibility studies and we are enthusiastic and confident that Boston – Massachusetts is the right place to launch this type of business before spreading to other cities all across The United States of America.
- Our Product and Services
Food @ Your Door Step® LLC is in the home and office food delivery services industry for the purpose of making profits and we will ensure we do all that is permitted by the law of the United States of America to achieve our business aims and objectives. Here are some of our products and services;
- Takeout and delivery
- Sit-down service
- Trainings, consulting and advisory services
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to be amongst the top 10leading home and office food delivery service companies in the United States of America before our 5th anniversary.
- Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to build a home and office food delivery services business that will meet the needs of all our customers and potential customers in the regions / cities where we have our delivery network.
- Our Business Structure
Food @ Your Door Step® LLC do not intend to start a home and office food delivery services business that can only cover only households within our community of operations; our intention of starting a home and office food delivery services business is to build a standard business with active presence in strategic locations in Boston, Massachusetts and of course other key cities spread across the United States.
We will ensure that we put the right structure in place that will support the kind of growth that we have in mind while setting up the business.
In putting in place a good business structure, we will ensure that we hire only people that are qualified, honest, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. In view of that, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions that will be made available at Food @ Your Door Step® LLC;
- Chief Executive Officer
- Restaurant Manager
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Sales and Marketing Officer
- Accountants / Cashiers
- Cook / Chef
- Drivers / Deliverers
- Customer Service Executives
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO (Owner):
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the restaurant
- Parts of the team that determines the quantity of foods that are to be produced per day
- Map out strategy that will lead to efficiency amongst workers in the restaurant
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of the entire workforce
- Ensures that the steady flow of both raw materials / ingredients to the shop and easy flow of cooked and well packaged foods and drinks to customers as demanded
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Ensures that the restaurant and kitchen meets the expected safety and health standard at all times.
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversee the smooth running of the daily office and restaurant activities.
- Responsible for preparing delicacies
- Makes lists and budget for kitchen supplies
- Oversees the entire kitchen staff
- Responsible for training new cooks
- Makes sure that the meals being whipped up tastes really good
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identifies prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, execute and initiate new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company
Accountant / Cashier
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Distribution Van Drivers:
- Delivers customer’s orders promptly
- Runs errand for the organization
- Any other duty as assigned by the sales and marketing executive and restaurant manager
Client Service Executive
- Responsible for taking orders from clients when the call or email the organization
- Ensures that all contacts with customer (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with customers on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the shop manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on Food @ Your Door Step® LLC products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to customers when they make enquiries
- Responsible for cleaning the entire restaurant / kitchen facility at all times
- Washes plates and other kitchen utensils
- Ensures that toiletries and supplies don’t run out of stock
- Any other duty as assigned by the restaurant manager.
Online Food Delivery Service Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
Due to our desire and drive for excellence when it comes to running a home and office food delivery company, we were able to engage some of the finest business consultants in Boston – Massachusetts to look through our business concept and together we were able to critically examine the prospect of the business and to access ourselves to be sure we have what it takes to run a standard food delivery company that can compete favorably compete with other leading brands in the industry.
In view of that, we were able to take stock of our strengths, our weakness, and our opportunities and also the threats that we are likely going to be exposed to if we launch our home and office food delivery services business in Boston – Massachusetts and even in the United States of America as a whole. Here is a preview of what we got from the critically conducted SWOT Analysis for Food @ Your Door Step® LLC;
Our strength lies in the fact that we have a wide range of foods, snacks and drinks that can meet the needs of a wide range of customers including vegetarian et al. We have state of the art kitchen facility and equipment that has positioned us to meet the demand of products even if the demand tripled over night or if we have a massive order to meet and emergency need.
Another factor that counts to our advantage is the background of our Chief Executive Office; she has a robust experience in the industry and also a pretty good academic qualification to match the experience acquired which has placed her amongst the top flight professionals in the United States of America. We are not ignoring the fact that offering consultancy services and running a standard and accredited training center is definitely going to count as a positive for us.
The fact that we are setting up a home and office food delivery business in a city with other leading restaurants and food delivery businesses might likely pose a challenge for us in breaking into the already saturated market in Boston – Massachusetts.
In essence our chosen location might be our weakness. But never the less, we have plans to launch out with a big bang. We know with that, we will be able to create a positive impression and we have a proper handle when it comes to building on already gather momentum.
The opportunities available to us are unlimited; everybody in our chosen location consume foods, snacks and soft drinks on a daily basis and all what we are going to do to push our products to them is already perfected. There are also loads of people who would want to learn how to cook different delicacies and they will readily find our government approved cooking training center highly ideal for them to fulfill that goal.
The threat that is likely going to confront us is the fact that we are competing with already established home and office food delivery businesses in Boston – Massachusetts and also there are other entrepreneurs who are likely going to launch similar business within the location of our business.
Of course, they will compete with us in winning over the available market. Another threat that we are likely going to face, is unfavorable government policies and of course economic downturn. Usually economic downturn affects purchasing / spending powers.
Online Food Delivery Service Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The Home and Office Food Delivery industry has risen slowly over the last five years while combating lackluster consumer spending and changing preferences and eating pattern. Extreme external competition from loads of new food-services concepts and an increase in health consciousness among consumers is also working against the growth of the industry.
In the face of these challenges, many players in the industry have performed extremely well, adjusting their menus and investing in advanced technology which over time has become trendy. As a matter of fact, sophisticated web-based ordering systems are responsible for boosting efficiency and improving profit margins in the home and office food delivery industry.
Going forward, the home and office food delivery industry will continue to experience growth especially as the economy improves and consumers spend more on eating out.
Another trend in the home and office food delivery industry is that despite the fact that foods and drinks are usually delivered in specially designed boxes or in delivery bags, with the aid of an automobile, motor scooter, or bicycle. Some leading home and office food delivery companies have started perfecting plans to employ the use of drones to deliver foods and drinks.
Lastly, local restaurants / office and home food delivery companies have started teaming up with e-commerce companies to make ordering quicker and more precise. Some restaurants have embraced online ordering despite their lack of delivery systems, using it to manage pick-up orders or to take reservations.
- Our Target Market
When it comes to foods and soft drinks, there is indeed a wide range of available customers. In essence, our target market can’t be restricted to just a group of people, but all those who love the kind of foods, snacks and soft drinks that we prepare and of course those who would want to try it out.
In view of that, we have conducted our market research and we have ideas of what our target market would be expecting from us. These are the groups of people we intend marketing our pizzas to;
- Corporate Executives
- Government Officials
- Business People
- Military Men and Women
- Sports Men and Women
- Everyone who resides in our target locations.
Our Competitive Advantage
Our aim of starting Food @ Your Door Step® LLC is to build a business that can grow within the first 5 years of establishing the business to be listed amongst the top 10 home and office food delivery companies in the United States of America and also to sell our franchise. With that in mind, we have been able to come up with competitive strategies that will help us compete favorably in the industry.
We are going to be one of the very few home and office food delivery companies that will also run a standard restaurant, training school and a consultancy services.
Another competitive advantage that we have is our wide range of foods and drinks that can meet the needs of a wide range of customers including vegetarian et al. We have state of the art kitchen facility and equipment that has positioned us to meet the demand of foods even if the demand tripled over night or if we have a massive order to meet and emergency need.
One more factor that counts to our advantage is the background of our Chief Executive Office and management team. Our Chief Executive Officer has a robust experience in the industry and also a pretty good academic qualification to match the experience acquired which has placed her amongst the top flight professionals in the United States of America.
Our large national distribution network and of course our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for the business.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups restaurants / home and office food delivery companies) in the industry meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our aims and objectives.
Online Food Delivery Service Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Food @ Your Door Step® LLC is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the home and office food delivery industry in the United States of America and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to sell a wide range of foods, snacks and soft drinks to a wide range of customers.
Food @ Your Door Step® LLC will generate income by offering the following products and services;
- Takeout and delivery
- Sit-down service
- Trainings, consulting and advisory services
One thing is certain; there would always be corporate organizations, households, schools and government agencies in Boston, Massachusetts and in the United States of America who would always need the foods and drinks from home and office food delivery companies.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Boston, Massachusetts and in the United States. We are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first six month of operations and grow the business and our clientele base beyond Boston, Massachusetts to other cities in the United States where we intend marketing our services.
We have been able to critically examine the home and office food delivery industry and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projections are based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in Boston, Massachusetts.
Below are the sales projection for Food @ Your Door Step® LLC, it is based on the location of our business and the wide range of foods, snacks and drinks that we will be offering;
- First Fiscal Year-: $240,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $450,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $750,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and natural disasters within the period stated above. There won’t be any major competitor offering same additional services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Before choosing a location to launch Food @ Your Door Step® LLC and also the types of foods and snacks to prepare, we conducted a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to be able to be able to penetrate the available market in the cities where we intend positioning our business.
We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the numbers of customers we want to attract per time and also for our products to favorable compete with other leading home and office food delivery brands in Boston – Massachusetts and the whole of the United States of America.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the home and office food delivery industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of winning a larger percentage of the available market Boston – Massachusetts and throughout the United States of America where we intend selling our franchise.
In other to continue to be in business and grow, we must continue to sell our foods, snacks and soft drinks to the available market which is why we will go all out to empower or sales and marketing team to deliver our corporate sales goals. In summary, Food @ Your Door Step® LLC will adopt the following sales and marketing approach to sell our pizzas and soft drinks;
- Introduce our business by sending introductory letters to residence, schools, corporate organizations and other stakeholders both in Boston – Massachusetts and in other cities in the United States of America
- Open our business cum restaurant with a party so as to capture the attention of residence who are our first targets
- Engage in road show in targeted communities from time to time to promote our business
- Advertise our business in community based newspapers, local TV and radio stations
- List our business and services on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Leverage on the internet to promote our home and office food delivery brands
- Engage in direct marketing and sales
- Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing (referrals)
Online Food Delivery Service Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Despite the fact that our home and office food delivery company is a standard one with a wide range of foods, snacks and soft drinks that can favorably compete with other leading brands in the United States, we will still go ahead to intensify publicity for all our products and brand. We are going to explore all available means to promote Food @ Your Door Step® LLC
Food @ Your Door Step® LLC has a long term plan of opening outlets in various locations all around the United States of America and also to sell our franchise which is why we will purposefully build our brand to be well accepted in Boston – Massachusetts before venturing out to other cities in the United States of America.
As a matter of fact, our publicity and advertising strategy is not solely for selling our products but to also effectively communicate our brand. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Food @ Your Door Step® LLC;
- Place adverts on both print (community based newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook , twitter, et al to promote our brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations all around Boston – Massachusetts
- Engage in road show from time to time in targeted communities
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Position our Flexi Banners at strategic positions in the location where we intend getting customers to start patronizing our foods and drinks.
- Ensure that all our staff members wear our customized clothes, and all our official cars and distribution vans are customized and well branded.
Our Pricing Strategy
When it comes to pricing for products such as food and snacks, there are no hard and fast rules, the prices depend on the size and packaging. Generally, the prices for cooked food and soft drinks are affordable especially in the United States hence there is no need to employ any detailed strategies when it comes to pricing.
In view of that, our prices will conform to what is obtainable in the industry but will ensure that within the first 6 to 12 months our foods and snacks are sold a little bit below the average prices of various restaurant / home and office food delivery brands in the United States of America. We have put in place business strategies that will help us run on low profit margin for a period of 6 months; it is a way of encouraging people to buy into our brands.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Food @ Your Door Step® LLC is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Food @ Your Door Step® LLC will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards / Point of Sale Machines (POS Machines)
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for farm produces purchase without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for our foods, snacks and soft drinks.
- Start – Up Expenditure (Budget)
In setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting a place, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
This means that the start-up can either be low or high depending on your goals, vision and aspirations for your business.
The tools and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked. As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a home and office food delivery business; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money.
When it comes to starting a home and office food delivery business the major areas that you should look towards spending the bulk of your cash is in the purchase of standard kitchen equipment, delivery vans, bikes and of course renting or leasing well located facilities. Aside from that, you are not expected to spend much except for paying of your employees and the purchase of supplies.
These are the key areas where we will spend our start – up capital;
- The Total Fee for Registering the Business in Boston – Massachusetts – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $1,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Food @ Your Door Step® LLC in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of – $3,580.
- Cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,500.
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400.
- Cost for payment of rent for 12 month at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $105,600.
- Cost for construction of a standard kitchen – $100,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $100,000
- The cost for Start-up inventory (food ingredients and packaging materials et al) – $80,000
- Storage hardware (bins, rack, shelves, food case) – $3,720
- The cost for counter area equipment (counter top, sink, ice machine, etc.) – $9,500
- Cost for yogurt making equipment – $20,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- Cost of purchase of distribution vans – $50,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, TVs, Sound System, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000.
- The cost of Launching a Website – $600
- The cost for our opening party – $10,000
- Miscellaneous – $10,000
We would need an estimate of $500,000 to successfully set up our home and office food delivery company in Boston – Massachusetts. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of the entire staff member for the first month of operation.
Generating Funds / Startup Capital for Food @ Your Door Step® LLC
Food @ Your Door Step® LLC is a family business that is owned and financed by Ms. Clara Brown and her immediate family members. They do not intend to welcome any external business partner which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings and sell of stocks
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $100,000 (Personal savings $80,000 and soft loan from family members $20,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $400,000 from our bank. All the papers and document have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
Online Food Delivery Service Business Plan – Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Food @ Your Door Step® LLC is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running. We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to retail our well prepared foods, snacks and soft drinks at affordable prices.
Food @ Your Door Step® LLC will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of facility and construction of standard kitchen: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – wholesale suppliers of food ingredients, event planners, and transportation companies: In Progress
- Purchase of delivery vans: Completed