Do you want to start a food delivery business but want to go niche and be unique? If YES, here are 26 best food delivery business ideas / opportunities for 2020.
From the day we were born, our body has depended on one form of food or the other for nourishment and survival. We consume food out of necessity, leisure, fun and experimentation.
Making food and selling the food from a retail location is not just enough these days because customers’ needs and demands have continued to grow. The consumers in metro and even suburban cities now expect a ready-to-eat food at their doorsteps.
The food business is in itself very profitable. In addition, the internet reachability is increasing and more people are now using smartphones to get food to their location. This on its own creates enormous opportunities for food entrepreneurs.
Irrespective of the size of investment you have, you can always find a food delivery related business that is right for you. There are different food delivery businesses you can start on your own and reap a lot of profit. Here are some of them.
26 Best Food Delivery Business ideas & Opportunities for 2020
These days, the food truck is one of the most profitable food retail businesses in the metro cities. The business model has been tested and a lot of startup companies are making huge waves with this business. The business can be likened to a restaurant on wheels, and you are serving the food at your customer’s accessible location. In addition, you can take advantage of IT and launch a specific app that provides the exact location of your truck in order to attract more customers.
This is another most trending business in the food service industry. In addition it is very easy to start. There are two models that a grocery delivery business can make use of. One is low cost and the other model demands substantial investment.
In the first option, you open an online store, list the products with a price tag, procure the materials, promote the site in your locality, and when orders come, you deliver the item to your consumer’s doorstep. On the other option, you create a portal and invite the small grocery store owners to list their products. You act here as a grocery marketplace.
Delivering groceries is convenient for some people as it is inconvenient for other people. Time is precious to most people as their jobs make them busy and they will gladly pay extra bucks to have their grocery delivered to them.
You would need to have several coolers to keep the grocery fresh, frozen and cool when you are delivering it especially in hot weather. You would need a cell phone, car for delivery, and a website, though this is optional. In setting your prices, find out the rates your competitors are setting and charge yours accordingly.
3. Healthy Food Delivery
This food delivery business targets health-conscious consumers and fitness enthusiasts. In addition, you can deliver the food to the people who are suffering from certain medical conditions. The demand for this type of service is on the increase in the United States of America.
You can deliver a healthy and balanced meal at homes and offices according to your client’s choice. You can also decide to operate the business from your small online store in order to reach more customers. From there people can check the menus and place orders which you will deliver at their door step.
4. Home Made Food Delivery: There are a lot of people who are too busy to cook for themselves; who do not know how to or simply do not want to cook. Here you can serve them with your homemade foods that you have sourced from restaurants of their choice. You can deliver the food to your consumers at any place of their convenience.
5. Office Meal Delivery: This is another niche food business you can start with very small capital investment. However, you must have a good client base. All you need to do is source the food from a reputable eatery and deliver directly to the office of your clients. Here also, you can establish an online store, upload your menus and price tags and promote the site in commercial places. People can place the orders and even can make the payments at your site.
6. Organic Food Delivery: the demand for the organically grown foods is increasing very fast. People are becoming more knowledgeable about their health and as such they know the importance organic food to their body. You can start this business with a small infrastructure. Open an online store, and according to your investment capacity, start the operation in a limited territory. Choose your product line, advertise to get customers and start selling. You just need to deliver the organic product at your consumer’s doorstep.
7. Pizza Delivery: Pizza delivery is one of the most popular and successful food delivery businesses today. You can start the business in two ways. One is by owning the franchise of a reputed pizza company. And another option is setting up your own pizza delivery company. You can offer different types of pizza with different flavors and tastes.
Starting a pizza business delivery business is not only a profitable kind of business because of the high yields in profit margin, but it is a popular choice of food deliveries. If you enjoy unique creations and like to cook, you would find the pizza delivery business to be an enjoyable venture. You first have to develop a comprehensive business plan, where you will outline your ideas, objectives, obstacles and possible pitfalls that you might encounter.
8. Restaurant Food Delivery: Here you establish an online portal, and ask every small and big restaurant to list their name. Thus, consumers get a lot of options to select their favorite restaurant and menu. And after getting the order, you deliver the food at your client’s doorstep. Here you earn a transaction amount on the billing.
9. Egg Delivery Business: Egg is consumed by both adults and children as it can be fried, cooked, toasted, and used for other means. If you start your own egg delivery business, you can be assured of being in business for as long as you want, as new markets would continually open up for you once clients see how reliable you are.
The demand for eggs not only stops with individuals but with businesses too, such as hotels and restaurants. Eggs are also used in a lot of industrial processes too. In starting this business, you would need to partner with as many local farmers as possible, depending on the demand. Also, you would need a truck or car to safely deliver the eggs.
10. Sandwich and Salad Delivery Business: This is an inexpensive business to go into and has the potential of generating good revenue for you weekly. It is advisable to try to create your sandwich route in office districts or industrial districts of a community or city, as this would enable you have a large number of customers.
You can make the sandwich yourself but even if you can’t, you could partner with a catering service or restaurant that will supply the sandwiches and salad on a regular basis, while you build a customer base to purchase the sandwiches and salads.
11. Bread and Milk Delivery Service: If you are looking for a profitable business venture that will provide you with a steady income, then the delivery of bread and milk is sure to guarantee you that, as almost everyone eats bread and milk with a lot of people doing so on a daily basis.
Once you start this business, the most important thing you would have to consider is to make sure that your products are from a trusted manufacturer, so as to ensure the quality of your delivery. The essential factor to consider here is that you would need to be waking up early so as to ensure that your customers get their breakfast early enough. You would need a reliable vehicle to be successful in this business.
12. Coffee Delivery Business: Coffee is one breakfast beverage that people love to take in the morning. Most people love to start their morning with a fresh brew of coffee, which is why the coffee delivery business is a great business that will be of immense benefit to people. You could deliver to offices and help employers keep their employees happy.
The most important factor in starting this business is the location, if you do not have a strategic location, having the best coffee in the world would not matter as you would not be able to deliver to people on time. Also, you have to ensure that you have different tastes and flavors of coffee.
13. Fruit Delivery Business: This is for those who want fresh fruits that are organic and straight from the orchard or farm. Customers get to select the fruits they want.
In this business, you would need a cell phone and a reliable car to be able to deliver the fruits to your customers when and where they would need them. You can get your clients to set up a standing order, that way you get to deliver the fruits at a scheduled time.
14. Pet Food Delivery Business: According to the American Pet Products Association, 71.4 million homes own a pet, with 93.6 million cats and 77.7 million dogs. The total expenditure for the pet industry exceeds $45.5 billion. Annually, each pet household spends $229 on dog food and $203 on cat food. This makes this industry perfect for any serious entrepreneur.
All you would need to start this business is a cell phone, a computer, and a reliable van. You can work from home, and use your garage as a storage space for ordered bulk products.
15. Dinner Ingredients Delivery: a lot of people prefer to cook their dishes themselves instead of eating out all the time. As an entrepreneur you can help them to procure ingredients that they can use to prepare certain meals especially those that are exotic in nature. This is the niche that this business intends to cover. Having pre-packed ingredients for clients so that they can cook when they get home will turn a nice profit for your business.
In starting this business, you would need to get the necessary food packs for the ready-to-cook ingredients, a cell phone and a reliable means of transport.
16. Lunch Delivery Service: People who are busy at work, seniors who barely have the time will want to be able to have their lunches according to their specifications without needing to go out or pack a lunch to work. This can be done over the internet or through a call. To deliver this kind of service, you would need to partner with restaurants that can offer up different dishes where customers can choose from.
17. Liquor Delivery Service Business: The liquor delivery business has the right yield for the right entrepreneur, and is quite recession proof. While most service based industries tend to suffer during economic downturns, this has not affected the demand for liquor which remains high.
The downside of this business is that it is a regulated service industry and is subject to variable regulatory concerns depending on the city one is operating in. If you are starting up this business, you will need to accommodate several limitations such as the time liquor can be delivered, the amount you can deliver, the age of the delivery person, and the documentation requirement for the recipient.
18. Fast food delivery business: fast food business is one of the brightest delivery business ideas. Thus, providing the service of fast food delivery is a great idea. You can either start your own food business and deliver the same or you can take franchises of food delivery service from other restaurants.
19. Diet Meal Delivery: Diet food helps to remove extra weight in the fastest way in addition to exercise. You can cater to individuals who battle with one weight issue or the other.
20. Frozen food delivery: delivering frozen food to individuals and businesses can be very profitable especially if you live in a city. To get started, you will need to choose a target market and have a supplier from who you can get the frozen foods from.
21. Food delivery software: you can create a software that makes it easy for businesses to manage and analyze their deliveries and monetize the software in order to make money. For instance, Spatula (a food delivery software) makes it easy to manage deliveries for multiple restaurant by giving each restaurant a simple delivery request form for manual requests and a unique email inbox to forward confirmation emails from ordering platforms.
It also sets your preference to automatically offer jobs to the right drivers. After claiming a job, the driver clicks “On My Way” to send a live tracking link to the customer via SMS and “Navigate” to launch turn by turn directions.
22. Food delivery blog: you can create a blog about food delivery and write about the plethora of opportunities that exist in food delivery. You can then monetize the blog using the various options that are available.
23. Food delivery podcast: you can create a podcast where you can talk about food delivery, how to get started, what it entails and how to make money from it.
24. Become affiliated with UBEReats: you can make money by becoming affiliated with UBEReats. UBEReats drivers pick up and deliver food to customers. Drivers don’t handle payment, only the deliveries. You can choose to do only food deliveries while you work or if your car qualifies, you can also do regular Uber rides.
You receive requests that tell you where to pick up and drop off the order. The app will tell you if the drop off is curbside or if you have to go to their door. You will be paid a pickup fee, a drop off fee and for mileage. Uber takes a 25 percent cut from whatever you make. However, if the customers tip you, you can keep it all.
25. Kosher food delivery: kosher foods are those types of food that conform to the Jewish dietary regulations of kashrut (dietary law). Food that may be consumed according to halakha (law) are known as kosher. A lot of people do not understand what kosher is or how to prepare them for those that enjoy eating such meals. You can take advantage of this by sourcing kosher foods from reputable restaurants and delivering them to the door steps of your clients.
26. Halal food delivery: this refers to what is permissible or lawful in traditional Islamic law. It is frequently applied to permissible food and drinks. There are over 1,703,146,000 Muslims in the world today with about 2,595,000 of them in the United States of America. This just goes to show that there is a large market for home delivery of Halal foods.
In conclusion, no matter the state of the economy, you can successfully run a food delivery business. People want the ease of having things brought to their door. With a cell phone and reliable transportation, you can deliver food to your clients wherever it is most convenient for them.
- How Much Insurance Cost for Self Employed Hairdressers - April 2, 2020
- 9 Best Insurance Policies for Self Employed Hairdressers - April 2, 2020
- Getting HVAC Technician & Contractors License in Connecticut - April 2, 2020