Do you run a food truck business and you want to increase customer loyalty and product sales? If YES, here are 50 creative food truck marketing ideas & branding strategies.
Having provided you with a:
- Food Truck Industry Overview
- Market Research and Feasibility
- Food Truck Business Plan
- Food Truck Name ideas
- Food Truck Licenses and Permits
- Cost of Starting a Food Truck
- Food Truck Marketing Plan
We will now consider marketing ideas and strategies that will help turn your food truck business to the number one food truck in your locality.
Table of Content
- Starting a Food Truck Business – Market Feasibility and Research
- Demographics and Psychographics
- Competition in the Food Truck Industry
- Marketing Ideas and Strategies for a Food Truck Business
- Finding the Right Pricing for your Food Truck Products
- Guerrilla Marketing Strategies for Our Food Truck Business
- Actionable Marketing ideas for Our Food Truck Business
Starting a Food Truck Business – Market Feasibility and Research
Demographics and Psychographics
Although food truck business is a business concept that is designed for everybody – especially the average person on the street or on a construction site, but statistics has it that the biggest buyers of foods from food trucks are young adults and parents with children at home. As a matter of fact, people that falls within the age range of 25 to 34 are the largest consumers of snacks and fast foods from food trucks. They spend an average of $44 per month.
Competition in the Food Truck Industry
The Food Trucks industry has experienced a remarkable growth over the past five years and loads of people are beginning to follow in love with food trucks because it saves them time and money. As a result of the increase in the patronage of food trucks, many entrepreneurs who are interested in the business or those who are already running their own conventional restaurants are coming into the industry.
With this development, the competition level in the industry is becoming stiffer; the more the competitors, the stiffer the competition. Despite the fact that there are strong performance in the industry, high competition rate and unfavorable regulatory conditions in some cities have negatively impacted the growth in the industry; it has limited the growth of mobile food vendors.
Aside from the fact that food trucks compete with themselves, they are also compete with regular bricks and mortars restaurants and fast food joints; which is why food trucks are required to park 200 feet away from any restaurant restricting the positions they are to station their food truck.
No doubt, the fact that the competition has stiffened, does not hamper the performance of some food truck businesses. Most of them know how to recreate and re – strategize to reach out or attract more customers. Creativity and many food and drinks options is key to surviving the competition in the food truck industry.
50 Creative Food Truck Marketing ideas & Strategies
Marketing Ideas and Strategies for a Food Truck Business
The amount of loyal customers that you are able to boast of at the end of each business season depends solely on the marketing strategies that you followed and how you were able to follow it through. This is why we worked hard to provide you with a sample food truck marketing plan template to help you through the process. In recent times, tracking food trucks has become much less difficult; many thanks to technology.
With the help of social media platform such as Facebook and Twitter, it has become easier for a person to locate where their favorite food or gourmet truck will be at any moment. Most food truck companies leverage on social media platforms to give up-to-the-minute updates on where they are, where they will be in couple of hours, the type of menu that they have on board and any special discount available per time. With that, it is now pretty easier for food truck companies to attract customers and increase sales.
Technology is a major tool in marketing fast food business. As a matter of fact, there are mobile apps that you can use to track your favorite food truck. Other strategies is to ensure that your food truck is well branded, and you are always playing good music on your truck.
The truth is that people naturally get attracted to colorful designs and good music. You can as well network with event managers; they are in a better position to help you increase sales especially when they are involved in outdoor events.
Finding the Right Pricing for your Food Truck Products
On the average, food or snacks bought from food trucks is cheaper than what is obtainable in bricks and mortars restaurants or fast food eateries. So, if you planning to start your own fast food truck business, then you should explore avenue to cut cost of production and overhead so that you will be able to sell your items at same prices that is obtainable in the industry.
One of the ways of beating down the prices of your food and snacks is to ensure that you buy your food ingredients and supplies in bulk at wholesale prices direct from the manufacturer. It is cheaper to buy raw food and food ingredients directly from farmers – farm markets. So ensure that you locate the nearest farm market around you.
Guerrilla Marketing Strategies for Our Food Truck Business
Creating Brand Identity for Our Food Truck Company
We are quite aware that our brand has to do with the way people perceive us to be which is why we are deliberate when it comes to communicating and promoting our brand. In promoting our brand and corporate identity, we will leverage on print and electronic media.
As a matter of fact, it is cost effective to use social media platforms to promote our brands, besides it is pretty much effective. Here are the ways we intend creating brand identity of our food truck company
- Designed a unique corporate logo
- Brand our food truck; our food truck is our number one brand ambassador
- Place adverts on both print and electronic media platforms
- Ensures that our workers wear our branded shirts at all times during working hours and also we will make sure we brand our vans, trucks and cars et al.
- Place our flexi banners with our company’s logo and contacts in strategic positions
- Sponsor relevant TV programs, Radio programs and community based programs
- Maximize our company’s website to promote our business
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook ,Twitter, LinkedIn, Badoo, Snap Chat, Google+ and other platforms to promote our corporate brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in targeted areas from time to time
Competitive Strategies for a Food Truck Business
Competition has been described by business experts as blessings in disguise. This is because of the way our competitors make us sit and do the needful. It also helps to bring out the best in us so that we are able to outshine other brands as we work really hard.
In recent years there has been increase in the numbers of food trucks in the united states. Naturally the increase in the numbers of food trucks will lead to increase in competition in the industry; food trucks will struggle to make sales.
There are several ways to standout in the industry especially if you are operating your food truck business in the United States of America. Selling your foods and drinks at prices a little below what your competitors are selling will give you leverage.
Another idea that will give you leverage in the industry is to ensure that your food truck is a one stop mobile restaurant. As such; ensure that you engage in the sales of varieties of foods, snacks and drinks (organic and non – organic food et al).
Actionable Marketing ideas for Our Food Truck Business
Cost Effective Ways We Intend to Advertise / Promote Our Food Truck Business without Using the Internet
Food truck business is one business that requires little adjustment on the field to be able to turn low sales into great sales. For instance; if you are in a location where the sale is very slow, you can decide to change location and move to a place where you feel you can generate more income and sell more of your foods. It is just a matter of driving to the location. There are several ways that we intend adopting to advertise or promote our mobile food truck business in the market place;
- Brand our food truck; our food truck is our number one brand ambassador
- Place adverts on national TV stations, Radio Stations and Newspapers / Magazines
- Sponsor relevant community program
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations
- Distribute our fliers and handbills to targeted areas from time to time
- Ensures that our workers wear our branded shirts at all times during working hours.
- Through Direct Marketing
- Submitting proposals and bidding for contracts
- Sales Reps
- Online Marketing (via our official website, social media platforms and blog et al)
- Revenue Sharing Business Partners (Networking with Event Planners, Facility managers and Business Contractors et al)
Low Cost Ways We Intend to Advertise / Promote Our Food Truck Business on the Internet
We are quite aware that the internet is presently the biggest platform when it comes advertising / promoting any business and one good thing about adverting on the internet that is far cheaper than other conventional advertising platforms. This is why we will ensure that we explore all available means on the internet platform to advertise our food truck business.
Here are they ways we intending leveraging on the internet to advertise / promote our food truck business:
- Leverage on social media platforms such as; Instagram, Facebook , Badoo, Snap chat, YouTube, Twitter, Google + et al
- Make use of mobile apps to promote our food truck
- Design an interactive corporate website and use the platform to promote our food truck business
- Place adverts on high traffic websites
- Engage in blogging and make use of the platform to promote our food truck business
- Leverage on email marketing strategy to advertise and promote our food truck business.
Creative Marketing Ideas Specific to Our Food Truck Business
With the help of social media platform such as Facebook and Twitter, it has become easier for a customer to locate where their favorite food or gourmet truck will be at any moment in time.
We leverage on social media platforms to give up-to-the-minute updates on where we are, where we will be in couple of hours, the type of menu that we have on board and any special discount available per time. With that, it will be pretty easier for our food truck company to attract customers and increase sales.
No doubt, technology is a major tool in marketing fast food business. As a matter of fact, there are mobile apps that customers can use to track their favorite food truck. Other strategies that we will adopt is to ensure that our food truck is well branded, and we are always playing good music on our truck.
The truth is that people naturally get attracted to colorful designs and good music. We will also network with event managers; they are in a better position to help us increase sales especially when they are involved in outdoor events.
Possible Ways to Increase Customers Retention
The joy of any business owner is not just to sell their products, but to generate repeated sales from their customers and to attract new customers. In order to increase customers retention for your fast food truck business, you must ensure that your food are always of good quality, your customer service is excellent and your customers can conveniently get whatever food, snacks or drinks they are looking for whenever they come to you.
Another key strategy that you need to employ to boost your customers’ retention is to leverage on CRM software to manage your clientele and to ensure that you make use of technology (Facebook, Twitter and Mobile Apps) to stay in touch with your customers.
- Boosting Your Food Truck Brand Awareness and Corporate Identity
Your brand has to do with the way people perceive you to be; which is why it is important to deliberately communicate and promote your brand. In promoting your brand and corporate identity, you should leverage on print and electronic media. As a matter of fact, it is cost effective to use social media platforms to promote your brands, besides it is pretty much effective.
Lastly, part of what you need to do to promote your brand and corporate identity is to brand your food truck; your food truck is your number one brand ambassador. You can as well sponsor community programs.
- Creating a Suppliers/Distribution Network
Food trucks create their own markets; hence, they ensure that they source for places where people will need their services and products. One of the strategies that you need to adopt to sustain sales is to network with event managers and facility managers; they can help you generate sales.
As regards, purchasing food ingredients and raw foods, your best bet is to locate the nearest farm market around you. You can get the best price from farm markets.
- 50 Best 3d Printing Business ideas You Can Start in 2022 - January 8, 2022
- How to Start a Clothing Line With No Money or Experience - December 3, 2021
- How to Choose a Perfect Business Name That Stand Out in 2022 - October 29, 2021