Are you searching for the best small business opportunities in Hong Kong, China? Are you considering starting a business in Hong Kong but you simply lack ideas on what business to start? If YES, then i advice you read on as this article will help solve this problem.
Hong Kong is now known as one of the business hubs of the world. Because of its friendly tax policies and labor rates, a lot of people are starting businesses in Hong Kong and a lot of American and European companies are moving branches of their business to Hong Kong.
So are you wondering what businesses you can start in Hong-Kong? Well, actually, there are thousands but let’s take you through 10 of the hottest business opportunities in Hong Kong right now-:
Top 10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Hong Kong
1. Manufacturing-: People source for almost any item from Hong-Kong. You can produce any of the following items-:
- Electronics-: You can start manufacturing Televisions, Home theatres and other electronics that people can use at home. If setting up a manufacturing company would be too expensive for you, you can look for companies that offer Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) services so that they can produce for you in small quantities and you can brand it as your own. Selling is not a problem because you would always find people who are willing to buy stuffs on E-commerce Platforms like Alibaba or Trademanager. Just ensure that your products are of the highest quality.
- Clothing, Bags, and Accessories-: Another hot item that people buy from Hong Kong is clothing items and accessories. You can start manufacturing dresses, shoes, bags, jewelries and lingerie and selling them. You can even offer OEM and branding services to people who want to start their own clothing line.
- Tablets and Laptops-: Tablets and laptops are hot in the market right now. Just like electronics, you can design your own brand and produce in small quantities using OEM services.
- Toys-: You can also start producing plastic and electronic toys for kids.
- Accessories-: If you do not have a lot of capital and you still want to go into manufacturing, then there is opportunity for you in the phone and computer accessories manufacturing industry. You can manufacture ear phones, phone and tablet cases, mouse and track pads, keyboards, batteries and other accessories popular among mobile phone users.
2. Product Sourcing Agent-: I already mentioned that a lot of people from diverse countries turn to Hong Kong for purchasing cheap items in wholesale quantity. The thing is that a lot of people who need to buy stuffs often go through difficulty because of the distance and language barrier.
Also, since most people may not be able to travel down to Hong Kong to source for products, they rely on the internet and some of them get scammed by unscrupulous people posing as sellers.
You can help to solve this problem by starting a product sourcing agency. With a very good website and a strong internet presence, you can find people who need to buy stuffs from Hong Kong. Offer to help them purchase it and then earn commission for your services.
To get clients, you can go on e-commerce websites, use lead generation companies and do some cold calling and make use of internet marketing and Search Engine Optimization Services. You should try to brush up your English speaking skills for this business because most people would communicate with you in English.
3. Business Consultant-: A lot of companies are setting up branches of their companies in Hong Kong while a lot of others are starting fresh businesses in Hong Kong. As a business consultant, you would help such people handle the process of establishing their businesses.
You would help them register their businesses, source for good locations and rent office spaces, help them recruit staff and advertise their business. You would offer the necessary assistance needed to help their business stand and grow in Hong Kong.
4. Call Center Agency-: If you are looking for a cheap business that you can start in Hong Kong, then you can start a Virtual Call Center Agency. Lots of companies in Europe and America Outsource their customer care representative functions to call center agencies in other countries because it is cheaper. You can start providing such services too. What you would need is a computer, dedicated phone lines, ear and mouth pieces and English speaking skills.
You can also hire staff who can speak different languages so that you can take clients from different countries. To get clients, just go on freelancing websites and you would find a lot of small and medium sized businesses that need such services.
5. Travel Agency-: You can help people who want to travel to Hong Kong on Business and vacation to arrange tickets, hotel reservations, transportation, feeding, sightseeing, your guide services and all other services that would make their stay comfortable and enjoyable.
6. Freight Forwarder-: Another business you can do in Hong Kong is to become a freight forwarder. A lot of people buy things from Hong Kong and they want cheap, easy and guaranteed shipping which they may not have access to over the internet but you can provide it for them.
7. E-Bay Seller-: A lot of sellers on E-bay are from Hong Kong and they make good money on a daily basis. You can also start selling items on E-bay. This business requires very little capital and you can start with any number of items you desire.
8. Mobile Phone Apps Developer-: Mobile phone apps developers are really making it in the industry these days. You can tap into this hot business by creating your own mobile Application. You don’t even need to know how to develop apps, you just need a unique idea and then you can hire freelancers to develop it for you.
9. Shipping and Clearing Agent-: You can also become a shipping and clearing agent to companies in Hong Kong who receive materials from other countries on a regular basis.
10. Furniture Making and Remodeling-: Yet another business that you can start is making of new furniture or remodeling of old ones for resale. You can make anything from wooden furniture to plastic and easy-to-assemble furniture. You can also remake and sell antique furniture.
- How to Get HVAC Technician & Contractors License in Arkansas - March 22, 2020
- How to Get HVAC Technician & Contractors License in Alabama - March 22, 2020
- 50 Best Recession Proof Business ideas & Industries for 2020 - March 22, 2020