Do you want to know where to buy diamond in Dubai? If YES, here are 20 best jewelry stores in Dubai that sell diamond wholesale and retail at good prices.
For people who love to own or trade in diamonds, Dubai is the perfect location where you can buy top quality diamond for the best prices. As a matter fact, the prices are so good that you can get some diamonds 50 percent cheaper in Dubai than in other places. This can be partly attributed to the fact that Dubai runs a tax free business module, which means that you will not have to pay taxes for diamonds that you buy here.
Also, due to Dubai’s strategic location, most diamonds that arrive from India and south africa do not have to travel such great distances to reach the country. In addition, most diamond merchants will negotiate prices with potential buyers so a little haggling can get you further price reductions.
Buying Diamond in Dubai – What You Must Know
Even though diamond is a precious stone like gold, they have a lot of dissimilarities apart from their physical characteristics. Gold increases in value more rapidly unlike diamond. Gold is usually treated like a currency mainly because it is consistent and easily exchangeable for cash without having to be accessed. Diamond, on the other hand, is a lot more difficult to sell. Every diamond has different characteristics, sizes, cut and color.
As a matter of fact, most jewelers agree that when you buy a diamond from a shop, it will lose about 20 percent of its resale value the instant you leave the shop with your diamond, unless the seller gives you a time-bound buy-back guarantee.
Be that as it may, diamonds have always been the pinnacle of jewelries irrespective of their return on investment. Diamonds have continued to hold an allure that have made people to value it above gold and see it as the ultimate gift of love.
Diamonds can be quite pricey, as such, it is best to buy them from a reputable jeweler who will give you a certificate stating all the relevant details of the diamond including where it was mined from. The law in Dubai mandates all diamond merchants to give their customers such a certificate whenever they purchase an authentic diamond product.
The quality of a diamond can be ascertained by looking at several unique characteristics of the diamond, commonly known as the 4C: cut, color, clarity and carat. These qualities should inform your decision when you want to by diamond.
- Diamond Cut: this examines the diamond in terms of the effort that was put into it and the resultant sparkle and brilliance it has.
- Diamond Color: generally, the less color a diamond has, the more valuable it is.
- Diamond Clarity: like the name implies, this means the level of clarity of the diamond ranging from “flawless”- that is without any blemishes to “included” which has some imperfections.
- Diamond Carat: carat refers to the weight of the diamond. The heavier a diamond, the more valuable it is.
- Diamond Certification: this is sometimes referred to as the 5 ‘C’. A diamond certificate is not given by a third party (that is to the buyer of the diamond or the seller) who accesses and authenticates the characteristics of the diamond. Some popular bodies that authenticate diamond include the Gemological Institute of America (GIA), the Diamond High Council (short for the Dutch ‘Hoge Raad voor Diamant’) and the International Gemological Institute (IGI).
If you would like to buy a diamond engagement ring, earring, necklaces or any other accessory made from diamonds, there is a lot of top quality shops where you can do so in Dubai.
20 Best Jewelry Stores to Buy Diamond in Dubai at Good price
1. Gold Souk of Dubai: this jewelry store is well known for its wide range of jewelries. It is located in the heart of Dubai’s old commercial district in Deira and is made up of many stores, and both big and small merchants. They have an extensive array of diamonds on display and customers are free to negotiate which may or may not appeal to everyone. You can get a taste of “old” Dubai in the Gold Souk.
2. Dubai Gold and Diamond Park: this is a large air conditioned mall that is located on Sheikh Zayed Road. The mall is made up of about 60 retail jewelry stores that deal in a wide variety of cuts and jewelries. This is a very good place for diamond buyers who know the details of the diamonds they want and are prepared to haggle with the sales team.
The price of the diamonds are not the same in all the stores in the mall and if you are good at haggling, then you can get a good deal. You should however bear in mind that all sellers have a certain price that they will not be willing to go below, so you should not have unrealistic expectations on the price you can get the diamonds.
3. Dubai Diamond Trading Websites: there are certain websites in Dubai such as Fergus James that have a wide range of diamonds that you can purchase online for a good price. Due to the fact that traders who sell diamonds online incur less overhead costs than their retail store counterparts, their prices quite amazing compared to traditional stores.
Some of these companies have over 50,000 GIA certified diamonds listed at prices lower than anywhere else on the planet. However, buying certified diamonds is a must when shopping online; most online traders will ask for a deposit to reserve your diamond that will generally not exceed 5% of the product cost.
4. Joyallukas: this store is quite popular and they have several branches littered all over the UAE. This store was one of the first to be awarded the highly coveted ISO 9001:2008 and 14001:2004 certification as well as being awarded the Dubai Quality Awards Certification by the ruler of Dubai. Their unique and bold designs grab the attention of men and women of different ages and taste in one glance only.
5. Damas: this is an international brand that has its headquarters in Dubai. They offer a wide range of top quality jewelries including diamonds. The diamonds are well known for their high quality and fine craftsmanship. Damas has continued to expand and currently they have over 300 stores scattered across 6 countries in the world.
6. Damiani: this exclusive Italian brand is located inside the Dubai mall, and is well known for their extensive collection of superior gems that are cut in the most innovative ways. Even though Damiani, is most popular for selling high end watches, they also have an extensive collection of gold and diamond jewelries.
7. Ary Jewelers: this store offers classy gold jewelries combined with pearls, diamonds and precious stones. They are very well known for their traditional bridal collections.
8. Atlas Jewelry: atlas jewelry has been in the jewelry business for 30 years now and they cater mainly to the large Indian expat population in Dubai. They have a lot of designs – modern, corporate and traditional to suit the taste of their Indian customer base.
9. Aliel Jewellers Dubai: Aliel Jewelers have managed to rise to prominence thanks to their eye for detail, exquisite craftsmanship and creativity. The brand shows its connection to nature in its every collection by combining natural material with old tradition in order to create timeless and beautiful jewelry items for the world.
Aliel jeweler have managed to combine technology to turn diamonds into stunning artwork. Aliel jewelry is unique in the sense that they do not repeat their designs and they put into extensive effort into all tier cuttings to make sure that they are one of a kind.
10. French Jewelry Brand Agatha in Dubai: The French fashion brand Agatha specializes in providing ladies fashion accessories. Their jewelries are exquisite and are sure to grab attention. They have a wide range of well-crafted collection of rings, bracelets, earrings and necklaces. Their delicate designs, selection of materials and embellishment of gems speak about the brand’s commitment to provide the best with a high level of satisfaction.
11. Cartier Jewelers in Mall of Emirates Dubai: the mall of emirates has a lot of jewelry stores of great repute in it of which Cartier jewelers are one of them. Cartier stock high quality and intricately designed jewelry items. If you are lover of unique jewelries, then Cartier jewelers have the thing you want. The sophisticated expertise that is the specialty of brand manufacturers attracts a number of customers from all over the world.
The brand is famous for gracing elite class and royal personnel with its luxury fashion items using a wide range of metal and embellishments. One who has even a little sense of fashion and latest trends in jewelry cannot resist visiting the store even though their merchandise can be quite pricey.
12. Deira Gold Souq: this is located in the oldest part of Dubai. At the souk, you can a wide range of intricate pendants, rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets made from different precious tone including diamonds. You can also get gold in bar form and gold coins here. And of course, you are free to bargain.
13. La Marquise: La Marquise is the place to go if you are in need of exquisite diamond jewelry. They also offer a range of precious stones and gemstones ranging from the contemporary to the classic.
14. Cara: Cara sells customized jewelry for wedding and engagements. Their range includes rings, earrings, necklaces and sets, as well as a stunning variety of engagement rings for the bride and the groom.
15. Frey Wille: Frey Wille is made up of a team of professional artists, designers, goldsmiths and enamel specialists. Since its inception in 1951 in Vienna – Austria, the company’s philosophy can be found in artistic achievement, uniqueness, brilliant enamel colors and in highest quality. They now have a store in Dubai where you can patronize them.
16. Malabar Gold: this store sells a wide range of jewelry such as gold, platinum, diamonds and other precious stones, along with an exquisite collection of watches. This brand is quite popular with shoppers because the offer continued free maintenance, one-year free insurance coverage and buy-back guarantee for all ornaments.
In conclusion, if you are in need of diamond jewelry to complement your appearance, sell or pass on as a family inheritance, then the various jewelry shops in Dubai is the place to go to. In Dubai, you can find the most beautiful diamonds for the best price.