Are you interested in starting a photography business from home with no money? Do you own a camera and you want to learn how to make money with it legally, as a photography beginner? Then below is an in-depth guide on how to make money with a camera without a studio.
It seems like you have a digital camera. Right? Good. If you don’t have one, you are on a ‘’LONG THING.’’ Well, that’s okay. I’ve been there. To be honest, I never had a camera until 3 years ago; and I was forced to buy it by my girlfriend. Now almost everybody own a camera, either a standalone camera or camera equipped smart phone. But most people don’t even know that they can earn a consistent income part-time, using only their camera.
Don’t be fooled, there’s a whole lot of money to be made with your camera and if you are smart enough, you are going to make good bucks taking photographs with your digital camera.
Like every business, it takes quite some time to become good at taking smart shots. But the more pictures you take the better you become at it. I love taking pictures; I don’t know about you. It makes me visualize invisible things and gives me a sense of hope that things can only be better.
NOTE-: This article was culled from “The Complete Guide to Starting a Photography Business.” You can take the course for FREE.
In order to earn some extra cash—and possibly make a good living—taking photographs with your digital camera, you need an active imagination, practice, and creativity. Without these three, it will be difficult for you to make money with your camera. Here’s a sample photography business plan template you can use for FREE.
What You Need to Make Money with a Camera for Photography Beginners
Practice makes perfect. Get out and start taking pictures. Don’t be careful about making mistakes. We all are prone to making mistakes. Take pictures of anything that interest you. Things like buildings, animals, people, landscapes, phones, household items, real estate properties, automobiles, et al! Here’s a guide on how to become a professional photographer.
- Take as much pictures as you can
The key to becoming a great photographer, is taking a boatload of pictures everyday! When I started taking pictures with my digital camera, I take up to 100 images per day. Some were cool; and some, unprofessional.
But one thing I noticed was that, the more pictures I took, the better I get at it! Take a boatload of pictures daily…. It’s worth it! Who knows, you may get a $300 offer for that funny picture you took at the beach the other day.
Without mincing words, there are numerous ways to start earning money with your digital camera (seriously, you don’t have to be an experienced photographer. If you are smart enough to take a few shots with your camera, you can start earning)!
How to Start Making Money with Your Digital Camera—the Ultimate Guide
Before I ever started making money selling photographs, I spent some time studying my digital camera, playing with the different settings, and picture modes. Sometimes, I could go to a wedding, and take several practice shots…. While doing that, I didn’t know that I could actually make money selling some of those pictures.
Tip: Practicing different shots with your camera will enable you know the settings available on your camera, and the best photographs your camera is good at taking.
What type of photograph will you be taking?
It depends. If you like attending special events or weddings, you could specialize in taking wedding photographs. You could also specialize in real estate photography or sports photography. It depends. It’s up to you!
- Don’t spend more than you earn
The fastest to make money selling photographs, is to sell the photos for more than the amount or time it took you to create them. Don’t spend your money on expensive cameras. A standard camera is ideal. Remember, customers don’t know how much that camera cost you; and they are not willing to pay you more, if your camera cost you more. So be smart.
- Be Unique
Do you know why this blog is currently the most visited business blog in the world, and among the top ten blogs in Nigeria? It’s because the management team has made ‘’CONSISTENCY’’ their watchword. Be unique. That’s what sets you single you out from the crowd. Take pictures no one else will take, and learn to use your imagination. The extent of your imagination is the boundary to your creativity.
- Determine your buyers
Selling pictures will require you to market to prospective customers. For example, photographing real estate will mean you will be marketing specifically to realtors or real estate agents. Who is your customer? This is why we created a sample photography marketing plan template to help you identify them before you choose to offer photographs for sale.
- Learn new photographic skills
- Blog your best photographs
Blogs still remain the best way to market your photographs without spending any money. All you need is a domain, and hosting. Create a Facebook fan page for your photography blog, and invite your friends to like your page. Tell them about your blog and ensure you use Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to spread the word once new photos are being posted in your blog.
- Submit your best photos for display
Consider submitting your best photos for display on top photography websites like Shutterstock and Todaysphoto.org. This could result to more business…
Top 10 Ways to Make Money Legally with a Camera for Photography Beginners
1. Do you love pets and animals? Then target people with pets or take pictures of tiger, and other animals for people
2. Approach auctioneers from time to time, they need pictures. Approach them and see if they need photographs to be offered in their upcoming auctions. Who knows, your picture might just be the best pick for the day!
3. Create brochures for real estate agents or car shows
4. Setup up a mall or mini-shop and offer to take pictures for passersby for free. If you deliver a good job, they will surely buy your pictures next time!
5. Approach realtors and talk to them about taking pictures of the properties they are selling, or homes they are selling for their prospects. Most real estate agents will give you a GO, if you are good at you do.
6. Does your city host parades and carnivals? You could take several professional shots at the festival and offer the pictures for sale (at premium prices) at your next carnival. If they are good quality, you won’t have a hard time selling them. They will naturally sell themselves at your next carnival.
7. Do you have a bash party coming up? Offer to take pictures!
8. Blog your photographs… and offer it online for free (charge later as your traffic increases)
9. Add your photographs to your articles
10. Sell your best photographs at Todaysphoto.org
In conclusion, if you are really good at taking photographs, then turn your photography passion into a money making adventure. Who knows? Your small scale photography business might grow into a full time job; that you may have to kiss your day job GOODBYE and embrace your business FULL TIME! Anything can happen. Money can actually be made with your camera. So try these tips to get started!
- How to Get HVAC Technician & Contractors License in Arkansas - March 22, 2020
- How to Get HVAC Technician & Contractors License in Alabama - March 22, 2020
- 50 Best Recession Proof Business ideas & Industries for 2020 - March 22, 2020