Are you starting a project management company and need to structure it? If YES, here is a project management organizational structure and job descriptions.
Starting a small scale project management consulting firm would require that you settle for two or three staff members, but as part of our plans to build a world class project management consulting business in Los Angeles – California, we have perfected plans to get it right from the beginning which is why we are going the extra mile to ensure that we get competent, qualified, honest and hardworking employees to occupy all the available positions in our firm.
The picture of the kind of project management consulting firm we intend building and the business goals we want to achieve is what informed the amount we are ready to pay for the best hands available in and around Los Angeles – California as long as they are willing and ready to work with us.
Below is the business structure that we will build GT Clarkson & Co® Project Management Consulting, LLP;
Our Business Structure
- Chief Executive Officer/Lead Consultant
- Project Management Consultant
- Legal Secretary
- Admin and HR Manager
- Business Developer (Marketing and Sales Executive
- Customer Service Executive
Job Roles and Responsibilities
Table of Content
Chief Executive Office/Lead Consultant
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Makes, connects, and gears the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Accountable for fixing prices and signing business deals
- In charge of providing direction for the business
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- In control of drawing up contracts and other legal documents for the company
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
Project Management Consultant
- Handles project planning and economic assessments
- Handles quality management assessment and accreditation
- Handles feasibility studies, including environmental impact assessment and community consultation
- Responsible for handling cost management, scheduling management, compliance management, and contract administration
- Handles any other responsibility as assigned by the Lead Consultant
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Design job descriptions with KPI to drive performance management for clients
- Regularly hold meetings with key stakeholders to review the effectiveness of HR Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office activities
Business Developer (Marketing and Sales Executive)
- Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develop, execute and evaluate new plans for expanding increase sales
- Document all customer contact and information
- Help increase sales and growth for the company
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the company
- Serves as internal auditor for the company
Client Service Executive
- Ensures that all contacts with clients provide the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the company’s products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
- Receives clients on behalf of the organization
- Receives parcels/documents for the company
- Handles enquiries via email and phone calls for the organization
- Distribute mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned by the line manager