Do you want to start a party rental business but want to go niche and be unique? If YES, here are 50 best party rental business ideas / opportunities for 2020.
Why bother buying some items for your party when you can rent it? Party related items are easily available in the market but people don’t buy them for the purpose of a celebration that comes once in a year like birthdays, wedding anniversaries, festivals, and other special occasions.
All these occasions happen only once in a year, this is why people choose to rent all party related items instead of buying them. This is why you can notice the huge demand for party related items. The days are long gone when people considered it shameful and socially unacceptable to rent items; now, it has become a booming business.
A party rental service helps people add a little more spice and variety to their events. Children’s birthday parties are made more fun with a bouncy house, fundraisers make more of a splash with a dunk tank, and weddings get more elegant with a styled tent. Party rental businesses help hosts and hostesses everywhere create lasting memories for themselves and their guests.
The party rental business is perfect for individuals who enjoy event planning, and who have an appreciation for the party equipment on the market today. Renting means temporarily owning something for a particular price and that “something” can mean anything imaginable. Here is a list of best party rental business ideas in the united states of America.
50 Best Party Rental Business ideas & Opportunities for 2020
1. Camera Rentals: a lot of camera men and photographers will be familiar with this sort of party rental service. Good cameras and lens can be quite costly and above the reach of some people. There are various camera rental stores that rent out basic point and shoot cameras to the latest high-definition 4k enabled cameras that will help you to capture that your party in glorious HD.
You can also rent cameras such as Go Pro with or without drones. The best part about this is that the rentals aren’t too expensive and won’t go too heavy on your pocket. Certain rental businesses offer great deals too.
For instance, if you’re renting out a Canon Mark IV camera and choosing a couple of lenses, the business owner might give you certain discounts on bulk booking or booking for a week (bulk package). This comes in handy for pre-wedding, wedding photographers, et al.
2. Car Rentals: have you been eyeing a particular sleek ride that you like to arrive in for your wedding party, birthday or prom? Then you can easily rent from a car rental service.
It’s a pretty simple concept; you book the car of your choice say a Ferrari, Limousine, Sedan, SUV et al and choose the date when you will require the same, upon booking, you will have to confirm your booking by providing your credit card details and paying a caution deposit amount (refundable) as a safety measure. You can also choose the pickup and the drop-off location of your rented car. This effort makes it easy for the user to go on long drives and not having to bear huge maintenance expenses.
3. Wedding clothing’s and Accessories Rental: Weddings are more tedious than they’re fun. The obvious thing that comes to mind is shopping. Getting out of that disaster can be a pain and it can go really deep into your pockets.
There’s a simple solution to this, rent your accessories. If you rent them, you can use it for the special day and hand it back once you’re done with it. Doesn’t that sound simple? There are plentiful wedding accessories and you can choose the ones that suit you best. Most sites offer trial at home and delivery at home options.
4. Artificial Trees Renting: Artificial flower trees are used for indoor and outdoor decoration purposes. In occasions and special programmes like a birthday party, wedding reception, corporate events people hire artificial trees and flowers to decorate the place temporarily.
5. Microphone Renting: People often hire microphone for various parties and speaking events like private dining, banquet, meeting, outdoor event, panel discussion, open event, press conference, birthday parties, wedding reception et al. It’s one of the most profitable leasing and renting business ideas.
6. Luxury Bus Rental: if you want to convey your guests to the site of your party in style then you consider hiring a luxury bus. Luxury bus rental business opportunity demands initial aggressive advertising and marketing drive.
7. Musical Instrument and music system Rental: what would a party without music be like? It will obviously not be worth attending. Music instrument rental is a great way of making money out of the party rental business. Some musical instruments are costly, so people always prefer to have that on rent instead of buying. Music systems on the other hand is one important party item that should not lack in any party be it a birthday, wedding anniversary, wedding, impromptu parties et al.
8. Party umbrella Rental: Party umbrella renting is a wonderful opportunity for individuals who want to make an easy extra income. Many people, businesses, companies are often looking to rent party umbrellas alongside canopies for outdoor events, wedding ceremony, catering and sports purposes.
9. Popcorn Machine Rental: Popcorn machines on rent have increased in demand now-a-days. The business can be initiated either from home or by establishing a small retail outlet. Renting a popcorn machine is perfect for almost every event and occasion. It is simple to operate and takes only minutes to prepare. There is always demand to rent a popcorn machine and you can take advantage of this.
10. Costume Rental Business: You can start costume rental business with very little investment. You can rent it out to people who are going to Halloween parties and other costume parties. In addition, you can also rent out costumes to schools, theater groups and various acting academy. You can start this business from home and work on it as part time.
11. Catering: In every party today, food arrangements have become common and mandatory. People who organize a social gathering would never forget to offer good food to their guests. You need to keep cooking vessels, disposable glasses, disposable plates and napkins in large quantities. Sometimes you will be asked to supply porcelain plates, cups and glasses to make the party look grand.
12. Coffee Machine Rental: Coffee vending machine rental is a great way to earn handsome money out of a moderate investment. The demand for the coffee vending machine is increasing in some parties as well as offices, schools, industrial canteens, hospitals, software companies, hotels, restaurants, malls and many other places.
13. Portable Toilet Rental: if your party is being held in an outdoor location, then you will most probably need a portable restroom where people can relieve themselves. This industry rents toilets to customers for specified periods of time.
14. Heating and Air Conditioning Rental Business: depending on the location of your party, you may need to rent a heating or air condition system (as the case may be) in order to ensure the maximum comfort of your guests. When portable heating and cooling began to take off, it wasn’t because a new product came along and revolutionized the market, nor because the products received grand publicity for something.
It was because manufacturers and distributors evolved the market. By deciding to offer portable heating and cooling units for rent, the market expanded and continued to grow to the popularity it holds today. This industry comprises businesses that primarily rent, install and service heating, ventilation, air-conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration equipment.
15. Refrigerator renting: drinks and most other forms of liquid refreshments taste better when they are properly chilled. Unless you are hosting a very small party, the refrigerator in your home will most likely not be enough for this purpose. To this end, there will be a need to hire a large refrigerator in order to contain and cool your drinks.
16. Artificial flowers Rental Business: Flowers can elevate and beautify a party. A lot of people love to have flowers in their event, you can offer them this for a fee. Flowers are required in different occasions like birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries. You can expect to have a large market for this kind of business and you should be equipped with the right knowledge.
17. Speakers and amplifiers rental business: Launching a speaker and amplifier rental business is your ticket to owning a good, stable business if you do it right. If you are planning to start an audio equipment and supplies rental business, you have two choices – start your own or avail of a franchise opportunity (when available).
18. Party venue Rental Business: unless you have a very large space in your house, if you are hosting a party, you will most probably need a venue that will be large enough to comfortably contain all your guests. If you have an extra space, you can rent it out to people who are looking for a venue for their parties.
19. Multimedia projector rental business: Multimedia projectors can be used to show pictures and videos of the celebrants in a birthday party, wedding ceremony or even a burial ceremony. Without a doubt, good multimedia projectors are costly and it makes no sense to buy one just for the sole purpose of a party.
If you intend to start a multimedia projector rental business, you will have to first study the existing competition first. Determine the products and devices that you need to offer. Study the pricing of relevant businesses so that you can also offer the right price.
20. Bounce house rental business: children and even some adults love to play in bounce houses/castles. In most children birthday parties, the presence of a bounce house is guaranteed to make the party a lot more enjoyable for kids. These inflatable structures are a sure thing with the under 10 crowd. They’re awesome entertainment that keeps kids happy, occupied, and contained in one rubber-walled location.
Before you start a bounce house rental business, you should first consider certain factors such as where you should operate your business from for optimum exposure and the brand of bounce houses you will buy for the maximum durability. In starting any type of business, it is important to consider its profitability given the amount of capital you will be able to provide. Your capital will be a factor in determining the quality of the bounce house that you wish to purchase.
21. Chairs: Easy to rent and maintain, chairs are most likely to be your most popular rental item. When you start advertising your chairs, and you’ll be surprised at your customer base. There are many occasions where people will need chairs, even if it’s just a few extras for a family reunion or a get together.
When building your inventory, only buy quality commercial folding chairs. Start with a basic folding chair. As demand grows, try other styles, such as a fan back chair that can be used with chair covers in a wedding. Chairs are essential to virtually every event.
22. Tables: You likely won’t be renting chairs too long before someone asks for a table. When staring up, it is recommends that you should stock wooden ones. They hold up to abuse and last, while plastic tables are susceptible to scratches and gouges.
However, if you decide to go with plastic, buy only the highest quality lifetime tables, and choose white, a universal color as opposed to other colors that may not settle well with the color theme of some events.
With any tables, have linens or disposable covering available as add-on. If you’re serving food, make sure you have enough table space for all of your guests while they’re eating. Select table shapes and lengths that will best fit the size and location of your event space.
23. Party Tent Rental or Wedding Tent Rental: It definitely won’t rain, right? With a party tent, rain or shine, hot or cold, your event will still be fabulous. You can offer a simple canopy as well as a complete tent with indoor dance floor, heating or cooling, decorative draping, and clear-paned sides.
Also consider having the tents professionally cleaned once a year, but after every rental, you’ll want to clean them yourself. Tent cleaning is easy, simple, and you can do it by hand. Use a damp mop or a floor machine. You should never clean a tent directly on the ground and always use a drop cloth under it. If you are careful with your tent, it will last a longtime.
24. Linen rental business: If customers inquire about renting tables, offering table linens is an add-on service. If you run a Linen rental service you should also stock a wide variety of colors to accommodate a range of customer requests.
25. Glassware: On cold days, hot days or warm evenings, your guests will want lots of beverages during your party. Make sure to have enough glasses for every type beverage you plan on pouring — whether that is water, beer, wine, mixed drinks, or other beverages.
26. Tent lighting: Add some ambiance to your event with event lighting, especially if your party is planned for the evening or night. No one likes a poorly lit party.
27. Karaoke Machine rental: a karaoke machine can help to lighten up the mood in a party and make it a lot more fun. You can rent your karaoke machine to people who want to host parties and make some cash from it.
28. Mechanical Bull Rental: although this not a very popular rental item, you can have a mechanical bull in your very own backyard for your annual BBQ extravaganza from a rental company.
29. Inflatable Slide Rentals: These things are magic. You can have a bounce house plus slide combo, for summer parties you can get a blow up waterslide, or you can have some wild obstacle course action set up in the back yard.
30. Party Bus Rental: Put the event on wheels with a party bus. Perks include a built-in designated driver, space to dance, room for all your friends, a license to drink on the road, and an awesome way to party hop through the night. Plus, all the celebrities are doing it.
31. Dove Releasing: The perfect send off at an elegant occasion or party. Dove releasing is a fabulous way to end a wedding ceremony, or a heartfelt memorial at a loved one’s celebration of life event. Representing peace, serenity, and joy—these beautiful birds will honor any occasion.
32. Champagne fountain rental: Champagne fountains are truly one of the most exciting party inventions ever. A champagne fountains adds a touch of beauty and class to any event. Whether being used on a tabletop, in a buffet line or in a dark corner to add to the atmosphere of the event, renting champagne fountains will make your event spectacular.
You can serve a variety of drinks including champagne, punch, sodas, sparkling cider and even hot drinks in the small unit. Also, you can use the fountains as decorative items. They look good when they are placed on the center of the table surrounded by many glasses.
33. Plate and spoon rental: you will definitely need plates and spoons in order to serve your guest the dishes you have prepared. If you are expecting a lot of guests, it makes a lot more sense to hire plates and cutleries for your party than buying one.
34. Generator rental: if you are hosting your event in an outdoor location, you will most likely need a source of power to power your equipment. This is where a generator comes into play. You can offer generator rental services for hosts who are holding their parties in a location that is far from the primary source of electricity.
35. Coat hanger rental: coat hangers are used for hanging the coats of guests who attend parties. Even though some people may already have this in their homes, if they are expecting a large number of guests then they will need to get more and they are more likely to hire some instead of buying. You can offer this rental service to such people.
36. Hot servers and cookers rental: meals taste better when they are hot and hot servers and cookers can help to keep dishes hot. Hot servers and cookers are always needed in parties and as such, it makes a lot of sense to start a party rental service based around this.
37. Portable Bars: a lot of people will always prefer that a party should come along with a stiff drink. Portable bars are easy to move around and are perfect for outdoor parties. This type of bar does not take up much space and are easy to transport. Adding a portable bar to your list of party rental inventory can fetch you a lot of extra cash.
38. Serving Accessories rental: serving accessories such as serving bowls and trays can be very useful when serving dishes. You can offer this rental service alongside cups and plates.
39. Table cloths: table cloths help to add a touch of class to your parties. Also, renting a table cloth makes a lot more sense than purchasing it, since you will only use it once in a while.
40. Decorations accessories rental: most parties will be drab without decoration. You can offer this service for wedding ceremonies, birthdays, burial ceremonies et al.
41. Chocolate Fountains: a chocolate fountain is a device that is used for serving chocolate fondue. They are a great addition to any party or event. You can dip a variety of fruits and snacks under the running chocolate so as to have multiple accompaniments at your events.
42. Photo Booth Rentals: irrespective of the type of party you are throwing, a photo booth is a perfect addition to add some extra fun and excitement to your celebration. You can hire a stylish photo booth where your guests can take amazing pictures of themselves and also print out there.
43. Carpets: if you do not like the natural floor that your party venue comes with, you can change it with carpets or rug. Also adding a red carpet to your wedding or party is really classy. You can start a carpet and rug rental service for people who need them for their parties.
44. Petting zoo rental: a petting zoo features a combination of domestic animals and some other wild species that are docile enough to touch and feed. Petting zoos are a great addition to a children’s party. Guests can interact with the different animals, get the chance to touch them and learn about the animals. If you love animals and you are skilled in taking care of them, then you should consider staring a petting zoo rental service.
45. Cotton candy machine rental: cotton candy has always been a favorite festival and party treat for kids and adults alike. Cotton candy is a lovely addition to any children’s party. Because of the cost of this machine, a lot of people will prefer to just hire it for an event and then return it afterwards. You can take advantage of this and start your own cotton candy machine rental service.
46. Carnival games: carnival games are fun and the can make birthday parties and backyard events very memorable.