Many people are often discouraged when they want to start businesses that require selling. This is quite understandable because not everyone is a naturally gifted salesperson, and not everyone with natural salesman skills enjoys selling.
Whilst some people can sell the crappiest stuffs in such a way that potential buyers would be eager to buy from them, others cannot even sell stuffs to save their own lives. Truth is that for some people, marketing is a gift, while for others it’s an art that takes a lot of time to master for others. Therefore, it’s quite understandable that people who are not gifted in the art of marketing would want to shy away from businesses that involve selling.
However, it’s not a completely hopeless situation for people who love to own businesses but do not really love selling. If you are one of such people, there’s good news. There are dozens of businesses you can start that wouldn’t require selling at all. These are mostly service-based businesses and some of them are explained below.
Top 10 Small Business Ideas That Don’t Involve Selling
Haulage involves transportation of goods and products from place to place. Most businesses that deal in goods and services—especially manufacturers and wholesale dealers—need haulage contractors from time to time to help them transport raw materials or distribute finished goods to their customers.
To start a haulage business, what you basically need is a good truck, a driver, and a contract with a company to handle their haulage tasks; and you are good to go. No selling and no marketing at all.
Another business that you can run without having to sell any products is event planning. However, you need to have a passion for planning and organization to succeed in this business. You could be either a corporate or a social event planner.
Corporate event planners organize meetings, workshops, annual general meetings, luncheons and other corporate events for companies, while social event planners organize weddings, birthdays, bridal showers and other social events for their clients.
Social event planners get more jobs regularly, while corporate event planners usually don’t have as much events to plan but may earn a lot more than social event planners. So you need to consider this difference before taking a plunge.
This is also known as child minding. A large percentage of parents are of the working class, which means they have to be at work every day and usually need someone to mind their kids until they are back home. This is where babysitters come in; they help parents take care of their kids until the parents are back home. There are also adult caregivers who specialize in caring for senior citizens who are too weak to take care of themselves.
4. Tutoring-: Tutoring is another business that completely requires no form of selling. All you need is a sharp mind, excellent teaching skills, and good advertising strategies to make people aware of your services. Tutoring services can be done online or offline.
Yet another business that doesn’t require selling is business coaching services. Many people want to start their own businesses but are completely at loss on how to go about it. Such people need guidance and direction from an expert who would hold their hands and guide them through the process—and, of course, get paid for the services they render. If you have the passion, knowledge, and experience required to become a business coach, why not go for it?
6. Cleaning services-: If you love to clean or are obsessed with organization, offering cleaning services is a suitable business idea for you. There are many people who cannot afford the time to clean their own homes or offices—but are willing to pay anyone who can do it for them
7. Laundry services-: Laundry service is a simple business to start provided you take your time to learn the skills required and to understand how to maximize your income potential. Again, it requires no form of selling at all.
Market research is usually required by companies that are planning a start-up, considering adding a new product to their line, or making changes to an existing product. These companies cannot just do any of these things without first studying the market and the consumer’s likely reactions to such decisions. Usually, it is the market researchers that are contracted to carry out these market research tasks.
If there’s a topic you love or something you would like to talk about and share with the world, you can easily turn that into a money-spinning business just by creating a blog and having people advertise their products or services once the blog starts generating huge traffic.
10. Freelance writing-: Lastly, you can become a freelance writer. You will be paid by individuals and organizations to write blogs posts, magazine articles, business plans, ebooks, and so on. And you’ll be well-paid for doing that.
- How to Start a Zumba Studio Class Business in 20 Steps - August 4, 2020
- How to Start a Car Title Loan Business in 20 Steps - August 4, 2020
- How to Register and Start a Business in Saskatchewan - August 2, 2020