A private jet charter business is a company that provides private air transportation services to individuals, companies, and organizations.
Instead of owning and operating their own private jets, clients can rent or charter an aircraft for their travel needs, either on a one-time basis or through ongoing agreements. Private jet charter businesses cater to a range of clients, including corporate executives, high-net-worth individuals, celebrities, sports teams, and government officials.
They provide an alternative mode of air travel that prioritizes flexibility, luxury, and convenience, making it an attractive option for those who can afford the premium service.
Available statistics show that in 2022, the global air charter services market was valued at US$ 30.3 billion, which is around 6% of the global airline industry. The global business jet market is projected to grow from $29.03 billion in 2022 to $38.34 billion in 2029, at a CAGR of 4.06% in the forecast period, 2022-2029.
Steps on How to Write a Private Jet Charter Business Plan
Table of Content
Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. is a premium air travel service provider based in San Francisco, California. Our company offers exclusive and personalized private jet charter solutions to discerning clients seeking unparalleled comfort, convenience, and efficiency in air travel.
With a commitment to exceptional service and a well-maintained fleet of luxury aircraft, Breeze® aims to redefine private jet travel in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond.
San Francisco serves as a major business and technology hub, providing Breeze® with easy access to a large base of potential clients, including tech executives, venture capitalists, and entertainment industry figures. Our team of dedicated professionals ensures that every aspect of the client’s journey is seamless, from booking to disembarkation.
Safety is at the core of our operations. We adhere to rigorous safety protocols and collaborate with experienced and reputable operators to ensure the highest safety standards.
a. Our Products and Services
Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company specializes in delivering a seamless and luxurious air travel experience. Our services include:
- Private Jet Charter: We offer access to a diverse fleet of state-of-the-art private jets, ranging from light to ultra-long-range aircraft, ensuring our clients can select the ideal option to meet their travel needs.
- Personalized Itineraries: Breeze® caters to the unique preferences and schedules of our clients, providing flexible departure times and a broad range of destinations.
- Premium In-Flight Experience: Our focus on luxury extends beyond the aircraft itself. With attentive and professional crew members, well-appointed interiors, and customized amenities, we create a first-class ambiance throughout the journey.
- Confidentiality and Security: Breeze® prioritizes client privacy and security, providing a secure and discreet environment for confidential business discussions or personal travel.
b. Nature of the Business
Our private jet charter company will operate with a business-to-consumer and business-to-business model.
c. The Industry
Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. will operate in the transportation industry (specifically within the aviation or airline industry).
d. Mission Statement
At Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc., our mission is to elevate the art of travel by providing exceptional, personalized, and seamless private jet charter services. We are dedicated to delivering a luxurious and exclusive air travel experience that exceeds the expectations of our discerning clients.
With a focus on safety, efficiency, and unparalleled customer service, we aim to redefine private jet travel and set new standards in the industry.
e. Vision Statement
Our vision at Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. is to become the leading provider of private jet charter services in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. We strive to be recognized for our unwavering commitment to delivering the utmost in luxury, convenience, and safety.
By continuously innovating our services, investing in a top-tier fleet of aircraft, and fostering a culture of excellence, we aspire to be the preferred choice for high-profile individuals, corporate executives, and sophisticated travelers seeking a truly exceptional air travel experience.
f. Our Tagline (Slogan)
Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. – “ A Symbol of Distinction and Prestige in the Private Aviation Industry”
g. Legal Structure of the Business (LLC, C Corp, S Corp, LLP)
Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. will be formed as a Limited Liability Company (LLC).
h. Our Organizational Structure
- Chief Executive Officer (President)
- Logistics and Operations Manager
- Human Resources and Amin Manager
- Maintenance Engineer
- Carbin Crew
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Accountants (Cashiers)
- Customer Services Executive/Front Desk Officer
i. Ownership/Shareholder Structure and Board Members
- Sean Campbell (Owner and Chairman/Chief Executive Officer) 52 Percent Shares
- Richard Allen (Board Member) 18 Percent Shares
- David Trump (Board Member) 10 Percent Shares
- Albert Connolly (Board Member) 10 Percent Shares
- Yvonne Jayden (Board Member and Secretary) 10 Percent Shares.
- Breeze® prides itself on providing top-notch customer service, offering personalized and attentive assistance throughout the entire travel experience, setting the company apart from competitors.
- The company maintains a diverse fleet of well-maintained, high-end private jets, allowing clients to choose from various options based on their specific needs and preferences.
- Headquartered in San Francisco, a major business and technology hub, Breeze® has access to a vast pool of potential clients, including high-net-worth individuals, corporate executives, and influential figures from various industries.
- Safety is a paramount concern for Breeze®. The company adheres to rigorous safety standards and collaborates with reputable operators to ensure the highest levels of safety and security.
- Breeze® offers highly customized itineraries, catering to individual preferences and schedules, providing an exclusive and tailored travel experience.
- Private jet charter operations involve substantial expenses, including aircraft maintenance, crew salaries, and fuel costs, leading to relatively higher prices for clients compared to commercial airlines.
- As a private jet charter company, Breeze® may have limited reach to less popular or remote destinations, which could restrict its market share in certain areas.
- The increasing demand for exclusive and time-efficient travel options presents an opportunity for Breeze® to attract a broader customer base, including corporate clients, leisure travelers, and high-profile individuals.
- Breeze® could explore additional services, such as luxury ground transportation, concierge services, or partnerships with premium hotels and resorts, to enhance the overall travel experience and attract more clientele.
- The success and reputation of Breeze® in the San Francisco Bay Area could be leveraged to expand into other high-potential markets in major cities and regions worldwide.
i. How Big is the Industry?
The airline industry is indeed a big and significant sector in the transportation industry. As a matter of fact, available statistics show that in 2022, the global air charter services market was valued at US$ 30.3 billion, which is around 6% of the global airline industry.
ii. Is the Industry Growing or Declining?
The private aviation industry has experienced significant growth in recent years, with an increasing number of affluent individuals, corporate executives, and high-profile clients seeking a more exclusive and time-efficient way to travel. The global business jet market is projected to grow from $29.03 billion in 2022 to $38.34 billion in 2029, at a CAGR of 4.06% in the forecast period, 2022 – 2029.
As the demand for personalized air travel solutions continues to rise, Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company recognizes a significant opportunity to establish a strong presence in the competitive San Francisco market.
iii. What are the Future Trends in the Industry?
Airlines were expected to prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility. This included investing in more fuel-efficient aircraft, exploring alternative fuels, and implementing eco-friendly practices to reduce their carbon footprint.
Post the COVID-19 pandemic, health and safety became a top priority. Airlines were anticipated to continue implementing stringent hygiene protocols, touchless check-ins, and enhanced cleaning measures to ensure passenger safety.
The pandemic accelerated the adoption of remote work, leading to potential changes in business travel patterns. Companies might continue to assess the necessity of certain business trips, impacting the demand for corporate travel.
The industry is exploring the use of hybrid and electric-powered aircraft to reduce emissions and fuel consumption, potentially leading to more sustainable aviation. Blockchain is gaining attention in the industry for its potential to streamline processes related to ticketing, baggage handling, and loyalty programs.
iv. Are There Existing Niches in the Industry?
No, there are no existing niches when it comes to private jet charter business.
v. Can You Sell a Franchise of Your Business in the Future?
Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. has no plans to sell franchises in the near future.
- During economic downturns or uncertainties, luxury services like private jet charters may face reduced demand as individuals and businesses cut back on discretionary spending.
- The private aviation industry is competitive, with both established players and new entrants vying for market share. Breeze® must continually differentiate itself and stay ahead of competitors.
- The private aviation industry is subject to stringent regulations and safety standards, which can impact operations and increase compliance costs.
i. Who are the Major Competitors?
- Wheels Up
- XOJET Aviation
- Sentient Jet
- Jet Linx Aviation
- Magellan Jets
- Clay Lacy Aviation
- Solairus Aviation
- Paramount Business Jets
- Delta Private Jets
- Jet Aviation
- Air Charter Service
- Priester Aviation
- Silver Air
- Gama Aviation
- Landmark Aviation.
ii. Is There a Franchise for Private Jet Charter Business?
No, there are no franchise opportunities for private jet charter businesses because of the nature of the business.
iii. Are There Policies, Regulations, or Zoning Laws Affecting Private Jet Charter Business?
Yes, there are various policies, regulations, and zoning laws that affect the private jet charter business in the United States of America. These rules are put in place to ensure safety, fairness, and efficient operations within the aviation industry.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is the primary regulatory body responsible for overseeing civil aviation in the United States. They establish and enforce safety standards for aircraft, pilots, and maintenance procedures. Airlines must comply with these regulations to operate legally and ensure the safety of their operations.
Airport Zoning Laws regulate land use around airports to ensure that developments near airfields do not interfere with flight operations. Zoning laws may restrict the height of buildings, noise levels, and other factors that could affect aircraft safety and efficiency.
Airlines are subject to various environmental regulations aimed at reducing their impact on the environment, including emissions standards, noise restrictions, and fuel efficiency requirements. Federal Aviation Act provides the legal framework for aviation regulation in the U.S., defining the roles and responsibilities of various agencies and entities in the aviation industry.
a. Who is your Target Audience?
i. Age Range
The target audience for Breeze® is likely to be primarily composed of affluent individuals and business professionals in the age range of 30 to 65 years. This group is more likely to have the financial means and need for luxury air travel services.
ii. Level of Education
Our target audience consists of individuals with various levels of education, but there may be a higher proportion of college-educated or higher-educated individuals among the clientele due to the association of higher education with higher income levels.
iii. Income Level
Breeze® caters to a high-income demographic, including high-net-worth individuals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and professionals from various industries. The income level of the target audience is expected to be in the upper percentile.
iv. Ethnicity: The target audience for Breeze® will be diverse, comprising individuals from various ethnic backgrounds.
English is likely to be the primary language of communication and service for Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, given its location in an English-speaking region.
vi. Geographical Location
As a private jet charter company based in San Francisco, California, the primary geographical target for Breeze® would be the San Francisco Bay Area. However, we may also attract clients from other major cities and regions across the United States and beyond.
The target audience for Breeze® is likely to be individuals with busy lifestyles, seeking the utmost in convenience, luxury, and efficiency in their travel. These clients may include business executives who need to travel for important meetings, high-profile individuals in the entertainment industry, sports professionals, and affluent leisure travelers seeking exclusive experiences.
b. Advertising and Promotion Strategies
- Content marketing
- Deliberately Brand All Our Jets
- Email marketing
- Events and sponsorships
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Referral marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO).
i. Traditional Marketing Strategies
- Broadcast Marketing -Television & Radio Channels.
- Marketing through Direct Mail.
- Print Media Marketing – Newspapers & Magazines.
- Out-of-home (OOH) advertising – Public transit like Buses and Trains, Billboards, Street shows, and Cabs.
- Leverage direct sales, direct mail (postcards, brochures, letters, fliers), tradeshows, print advertising (magazines, newspapers, coupon books, billboards), referral (also known as word-of-mouth marketing), radio, and television.
ii. Digital Marketing Strategies
- Affiliate Marketing
- Content Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
- Influencer Marketing.
- Mobile Marketing.
- Social Media Marketing Platforms.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing.
iii. Social Media Marketing Plan
- Create a personalized experience for our customers.
- Create an efficient content marketing strategy.
- Create a community for our target market and potential target market.
- Create profiles on relevant social media channels.
- Gear up our profiles with a diverse content strategy.
- Start using chatbots.
- Run cross-channel campaigns.
- Use brand advocates.
c. Pricing Strategy
As a premium private jet charter company, Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. employs a pricing strategy that aligns with its positioning as a luxury service provider while ensuring competitive rates in the private aviation industry. The pricing strategy is designed to reflect the high-quality service, personalized experience, and convenience that Breeze® offers to its discerning clientele. Here are some key aspects of Breeze®’s pricing strategy:
- Dynamic Pricing
- Bundled Services
- Loyalty Programs
- Transparent Pricing
- Partner and Codeshare Agreements.
Sales and Distribution Plan
a. Sales Channels
At Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc., we employ a multi-channel approach to reach and engage with our customers, ensuring accessibility and convenience throughout the booking and travel process.
Our primary and most popular sales channel is our user-friendly website. We collaborate with travel agencies to expand our reach and cater to customers who prefer using travel agents for their bookings. By partnering with reputable agencies, we extend our sales network and offer our services to a broader audience.
b. Inventory Strategy
At Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc., our inventory strategy ensures a well-maintained fleet, essential equipment, proactive maintenance, collaborative partnerships, supply chain visibility, a just-in-time approach, and flexibility.
By optimizing resources and adapting to changing customer demands, we provide reliable and timely airline services. While airline typically involves smaller-sized loads and more flexible scheduling, we still require a well-managed inventory strategy to ensure prompt and reliable service.
c. Payment Options for Customers
Here are the payment options that Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. will make available to her clients:
- Apple Pay and Google Wallet
- Internet banking
- Credit and debit cards
- Installment payments
- Cash on service delivery.
d. Return Policy, Incentives, and Guarantees
At Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc., we understand that plans may change, and unforeseen circumstances may arise. To provide our customers with flexibility and peace of mind, we offer a comprehensive and customer-friendly return policy for flight bookings.
Depending on the fare class and the time of cancellation, customers may be eligible for a full refund, a partial refund, or the option to receive travel credits for future use.
Our loyalty program offers various benefits to frequent flyers, such as earning points or miles for each journey that can be redeemed for future flights or other exclusive rewards. Members of our loyalty program receive access to exclusive discounts and promotional offers, providing them with cost-saving opportunities for their travels.
As a token of appreciation, loyal customers may be eligible for complimentary upgrades to higher fare classes and access to priority services such as priority check-in and boarding.
At Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc., we take pride in our commitment to providing a reliable and satisfying travel experience for our customers.
e. Customer Support Strategy
Providing exceptional customer support is crucial for the success of our private jet charter company. Here are some customer support strategies that we will adopt:
- Provide multiple communication channels
- Offer personalized attention
- Set clear expectations.
- Provide timely and safe flight
- Maintain transparency.
- Offer value-added services.
Our customer service team is available 24/7 to assist customers with their return requests, ensuring prompt and efficient service.
- Maintain a fleet of modern and well-maintained aircraft to ensure safety, efficiency, and passenger comfort.
- Open to various destinations, considering factors such as demand, seasonality, and connectivity.
- Optimize flight routes and capacity utilization to maximize operational efficiency and profitability.
- Comply with all aviation regulations and safety standards set by relevant authorities.
- Implement rigorous safety protocols and procedures to ensure the highest level of safety for passengers, crew, and aircraft.
- Conduct regular maintenance checks and inspections to keep the fleet in top condition.
a. What Happens During a Typical Day at a Private Jet Charter Business?
A typical day at a private jet charter business is a well-orchestrated operation involving various departments and personnel working together to ensure smooth flight operations, excellent customer service, and efficient ground handling. Specific activities can vary depending on the size and scope of the airline.
b. Production Process
There is no production process when it comes to private jet charter business.
c. Service Procedure
At Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc., we pride ourselves on delivering seamless and luxurious services that prioritize our clients’ comfort, convenience, and safety. From the moment our clients express their interest in chartering a private jet to the conclusion of their journey, we ensure a personalized and attentive experience. Here is an overview of the service procedure at Breeze®:
Inquiry and Consultation
Our dedicated customer service representatives engage in a thorough consultation to understand the client’s travel requirements, including the destination, travel dates, number of passengers, and any specific requests or preferences.
Customized Quote and Itinerary
Based on the information gathered during the consultation, Breeze® provides the client with a customized quote that includes the estimated cost of the private jet charter.
Flight Confirmation and Preparations
Once the client confirms the flight, Breeze® coordinates all flight arrangements, including securing the chosen aircraft and crew.
Departure and Boarding
On the day of departure, clients arrive at the designated private terminal or Fixed-Base Operator (FBO) facility, bypassing the hassles of commercial airport terminals.
Our professional crew ensures that client’s needs are catered to, offering fine dining options, beverages, and any other requested services.
Upon arrival at the destination, Breeze® can arrange ground transportation and other concierge services, as requested by the client.
Breeze® maintains contact with clients after their journey to ensure satisfaction and address any feedback or additional requests.
d. The Supply Chain
The supply chain is not applicable to a private jet charter business.
e. Sources of Income
The primary source of revenue for Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. is derived from providing private jet charter services to its clientele.
When clients charter a private jet with Breeze®, they pay for the rental of the aircraft, crew services, fuel, and any additional services they request. The revenue generated from these charter fees forms the core income stream for the company.
a. Amount Needed to Start your Private jet charter company?
Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. would need an estimate of $250 million to successfully set up our private jet charter company in the United States of America. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all our staff for the first month of operation.
b. What are the costs involved?
- Business Registration Fees – $2,500.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits – $34,300.
- Marketing, Branding, and Promotions – $25,000.
- Business Consultant Fee – $50,500.
- Insurance – $15 million.
- Rent/Lease – $5 million
- Operational Cost (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $9 million
- Equipment and Furnishing – $1 million
- Jets (leasing agreements) – $200 million
- Website: $2,500
- Opening party: $8,000
- Miscellaneous: $2 million
c. Do You Need to Build a Facility? If YES, How Much will it cost?
Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. will not build a new facility for our private jet charter company; we intend to start with a long-term lease and after 5 years, we will start the process of acquiring our own facility.
d. What are the Ongoing Expenses for Running a Private Jet Charter Company?
- Fuel Costs
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Employee Salaries and Benefits
- Airport Fees and Charges for landing, parking, and terminal usage
- Insurance Premiums
- Marketing and Advertising
- Administrative and Overhead Costs (office rentals, utilities, office supplies, accounting, legal services, and other administrative expenses)
- Costs related to providing in-flight services, such as catering, in-flight entertainment, and amenities
- Ongoing training programs for pilots, cabin crew, and other personnel
- Navigation and Air Traffic Control Fees
- Ongoing expenses for IT infrastructure, reservation systems, and digital platforms
- Cleaning and Ground Handling
- Regulatory and Certification Fees
e. What is the Average Salary of your Staff?
- Chief Executive Officer (President) – $180,000 per year
- Logistics and Operations Manager: around $85,000 per year
- Human Resources and ADmin Manager – $70,000 per year
- Pilot – $120,000 per year
- Maintenance Engineer – $70,000 per year
- Cabin Crew – $50,000 per year
- Sales and Marketing Manager – $45,000 per year
- Accountants (Cashiers) – $45,000 per year
- Customer Service Representative: $33,000 per year.
f. How Do You Get Funding to Start a Private Jet Charter Company?
- Raising money from personal savings and sale of personal stocks and properties
- Raising money from investors and business partners
- Sell shares to interested investors
- Applying for a loan from your bank/banks
- Pitching your business idea and applying for government funds, and angel investors
- Source for soft loans from your family members and friends.
a. How Much Should You Charge for Your Product/Service?
- Light Jets: These smaller aircraft are suitable for short to medium-haul flights and can accommodate up to 6-8 passengers. Prices typically range from $2,000 to $4,000 per hour of flight.
- Mid-Size Jets: Mid-size jets offer more cabin space and can accommodate up to 8-9 passengers. Prices for mid-size jets usually range from $3,000 to $5,000 per hour.
- Super Mid-Size Jets: Super mid-size jets offer enhanced performance and amenities, accommodating up to 9-10 passengers. Prices generally range from $4,000 to $7,000 per hour.
- Large Cabin Jets: Large cabin jets provide spacious and luxurious interiors, accommodating up to 10-14 passengers. Prices for large-cabin jets typically range from $5,000 to $10,000 per hour.
- Ultra-Long Range Jets: These aircraft can fly non-stop on intercontinental flights and accommodate up to 12-16 passengers. Prices for ultra-long-range jets may range from $6,000 to $12,000 or more per hour.
b. Sales Forecast?
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): $20 million
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): $36 million
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): $40 million
c. Estimated Profit You Will Make a Year?
- First Fiscal Year (FY1) (Profit After Tax): 2 percent
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2) (Profit After Tax): 5 percent
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3) (Profit After Tax): 10 percent
d. Profit Margin of a Private Jet Charter Company
On average, the profit margin for airlines has been in the range of 2% to 5% in recent years.
a. How do you intend to grow and expand? By opening more retail outlets/offices or selling a franchise?
Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. will grow our private jet charter company by opening up new local flight routes in the United States of America and international routes.
b. Where do you intend to expand to and why?
Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. plans to expand to:
- San Francisco, California
- Seattle, Washington
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Orlando, Florida
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Los Angeles, California
- Chicago, Illinois
- Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
- Denver, Colorado
- New York City, New York.
The reason we intend to expand to these locations is the fact that available statistics show that the cities listed above have the most thriving private jet charter market (high air traffic) in the United States.
The founder of Breeze® Private Jet Charter Company, Inc. plans to exit the business via merger and acquisition. We intend to merge with an international private jet charter company that has a world spread so that the management of the company can be placed under a trusted hand when the founder retires.
The goal of combining two or more international private jet charter companies on a global scale is to try and achieve synergy – where the whole (the new company) is greater than the sum of its parts (the former two separate entities).