Okay, so you have started a clothing line from scratch? Good! Now below are ten promotional ideas for launching your clothing line with a bang.
Let’s say there’s a hot girl who just walked past you in a shopping mall and you like this girl so much that you really want her to be your friend, so what would you do? You will most likely walk up to her and strike a good conversation and do all your best to maintain a positive first impression.
N.B-: This article was culled from: “The Complete Guide to Starting a Clothing Line from Scratch.”
Launching your clothing line is quite similar to this scenario. You want people to identify your brand and you want to create a good first impression about your brand in the minds of potential customers. Organizing a product launch gives you the opportunity to achieve this on a platter of gold. This is where a marketing plan comes into play? Here is a sample clothing line marketing plan template you can use.
However, you have to carefully strategize and plan out the methods you want to use to launch your clothing line. Here are ten promotional ideas that you can use to launch your clothing line with a bang.
Top 10 Promotional Tips for Launching Your Clothing Line With a Bang
1. Host a fashion show-: A fashion show is a very good way to create awareness for your new clothing line as it would attract a lot of fashion enthusiasts that would eventually become customers. To make things a little more dramatic and fun, you can organize a flash mob fashion show and have models walk around the street in your designs.
If you choose to use a flash mob fashion display, you must make sure you have your contact address or business website address boldly written somewhere so that people who want to learn more about your brand and patronize you can do so easily.
2. Sponsor a Charitable Cause-: The fastest way to get people’s attention is by sponsoring a humanitarian cause. You would not only gain good publicity and positive brand reputation, you would also be able to perform your own corporate social responsibility and contribute to the society. To do this, you should pick out a cause you want to sponsor; maybe polio eradication or feeding of hungry and homeless children or providing relief to people who just suffered a disaster.
After you must have picked out a cause, you should send word out that a certain percentage of sales made on your clothing brand would be used to sponsor that cause. This would encourage people to buy from you but you have to ensure that you make a good first impression on such customers and offer them top quality items to keep them coming back even when there is no cause to sponsor.
3. Celebrity Endorsements-: You can never go wrong with celebrity endorsements. Some fans are so crazy about their favorite celebrities that they would love to patronize any brand the celebrity endorses. To do this, you have to look for a couple of celebrities that have a huge fan base and are known to be very fashionable.
Then you should get them to wear your design and tweet about it, Instgram it and do a Facebook post about it with a link to your website included. You would be surprised at how fast you would sell out using a highly influential celebrity.
4. Discounts and Giveaways-: A good way to launch your clothing line with a bang is to offer mouthwatering discounts and giveaways. A lot of people love freebies and you can easily get them hooked by giving them what they want. In your launching phase, you could offer attractive discounts of up to 90%, offer free items for certain level of purchase or discounts on referrals.
5. Contests-: Contests are a good way to grab customers’ attention and create a buzz about your clothing line. You can decide to organize a design contest with a mouthwatering prize offer or just about anything that is fun and appealing.
6. Product launching party-: You can organize a free-for-all product launching party where people can come and hang out and have fun for free. Make sure you have your products on display at the party so that interested customers can buy easily. It would also do you a lot of good to have a couple of celebrities or important people in the fashion industry attend the event and talk about it on social media.
7. Banners and flyers-: Flood the streets with your banners and flyers. You could create billboards and banners with teasers prior to the launch to leave people guessing and spark their interest so that when your clothing line is finally unveiled, you would have created a thirst for your brand.
8. Press releases-: You could also get newspapers and magazines to do a review of your clothing line. That way, you will be able to increase awareness for your brand. You can also advertise some of your designs in fashion magazines and have the newspapers publish pictures from your product launch party.
9. Fashion bloggers-: Fashion bloggers are getting more influential than ever. A lot of people rely on fashion bloggers to give them updates about trends in the industry, what’s hot and what’s not. Designers have been using fashion bloggers to sell out their designs for years.
Basically, what they do is give out their design to a fashion blogger to wear and do a post about it on their blogs with full details of the brand and where to buy it. Because of how good the cloth looks on the blogger and because people believe that these fashion bloggers are the encyclopedias of fashion, they would usually rush off to order this stuff and just like that, the designer sell out.
If you choose this method, be sure to use a fashion blogger that has a large followership / fan base. As for compensation, you can do so by making the fashion blogger an affiliate and paying her a commission on all sales you make through her.
10. Newsletters-: You can also make use of newsletters prior to launching your clothing line. You can make your newsletters interactive and fun to keep your potential clients anticipating the launch of your brand.
In conclusion, you cannot rule out the power of the social media here too. You can launch your products on platforms like Facebook, Twitter or Instgram. Create an account for your brand on social media and use it to drive traffic to your business website.