Are you about starting a T-Shirt printing business from home but you have no idea where or how to identify high quality blank T-shirt? If YES, then i advice you read on.
If you are running a T-shirt design and printing business, you would need to purchase blank T-shirts for printing and it is very important that you pay attention to the quality of T-shirts that you purchase. The quality and outcome of your jobs would depend on the kind of T-shirts you use.
If you use cheap materials which are of low quality, you would end up losing customers but if your T-shirts last long and are of very high quality, people would be encouraged to patronize you.
Choosing the right T-shirts can be confusing because of the various options available in the market; that is why I have analyzed ten things you should look out for when you want to choose T-shirts to print on. So when next you need to buy T-shirts, these are the things you should look out for-:
9+ Tips for Choosing High Quality Blank T-Shirts for Printing
1. The material-: There are different materials used to make T-shirts and you have to pay attention to the type of material you are buying. The most popular material is cotton but if you will be using cotton, make sure it is 100% cotton or preferably, 100% Rungspun cotton.
Rungspun cotton is a more suitable option because of its softness and then when you print on Rungspun cotton, it looks better. There are other options and blends of two material or even three materials. For instance, there are cotton and polyester blends or triple blends of cotton, polyester and rayon.
If you are going for triple blends, make sure it is 50% cotton, 25% polyester and 25% rayon. The triple blends are of the highest quality though more expensive than the other options.
2. Fit-: Another factor you must pay attention to, is the fitting of each T-shirts. Different categories of people have different tastes and choices when it comes to the way they want their T-shirts to fit them. Therefore, you have to analyze who your customers are and what their general tastes and preferences are. For instance, people who use T-shirts as everyday wear would prefer fitted shirts while street dudes may prefer baggy T-shirts.
3. Quality-: You should also look out for the quality of T-shirts. Make sure you go for high quality T-shirts and not the cheap T-shirts and patronize only dealers who are known to sell high quality T-shirts. The higher the quality, the better.
4. Price-: You should also keep an eye on prices as this would have an effect on your profits. Make sure you patronize wholesalers or even buy directly from the factory so that you can cut costs.
5. Gender-: You should also pay attention to gender when selecting your T-shirts. If your customers are female, you should buy shirts that females would like such as round necks, V-necks, halter necks etc.
6. Colors-: You should also ensure that you pay attention to the colors you select. Don’t just select boring colors all through; you should consider mixing both bright colors and dull colors. The colors you choose would also determine the prices of the shirts for instance, white plain shirts are usually cheaper than colored ones.
7. Sizes-: You should also pay attention to sizes. If you are based in a country like China, you should stock more of smaller sizes but if you are based in a place like America, It would be wiser to mix your sizes with both XXXL’s for people with a large frame and small sizes for people with a smaller framer.
8. Shipping-: Look for suppliers and wholesalers that offer free shipping, so that you can minimize your costs and increase your profits. With free shipping you are able to cut out shipping costs and sell your products to your customers at a cheap rate but when shipping costs are too high, a portion of your profit is already going into shipping expenses. This is very important because the T-shirt making business is a very competitive business.
9. Sleeves-: You would also need to pay proper attention to the kind of sleeves your customers would love. It would be nice to mix different kinds of sleeves in your order such as long sleeves, three-quarter sleeves, half sleeves, quarter sleeves etc.
10. Neck styles-: The neck styles are also of various types and very important too. You could mix up some V-necks with regular necks, scope necks etc.
More Tips for Choosing High Quality Blank T-Shirts for Printing
a. When you are searching for a supplier, you should make sure you go for a supplier that offers mix and match options so that you could choose as many varieties of T-shirts and possible. Since you are buying in bulk, it would also be nice to go with a supplier that has a flexible return policy, so that in the event that you find a bad T-shirt in your order, you could easily return it and get a replacement.
b. If you are offering a print-on-demand T-shirt business, make sure you keep an eye on the quality of T-shirts that your printer uses. If you choose a company that makes use of low-quality shirts, you would gain a bad reputation for your business. So you have to find out what type of materials they use before selecting any print-on-demand service provider.
c. You should also look beyond the quality of T-shirts and also consider the quality of materials used for printing. If you make use of bad materials that would fade in no time, it’s just as bad as using bad T-shirts for your T-shirt printing business.
d. The best advice I can give to anyone in the T-shirt printing business is to learn how to make their own T-shirts. With a little bit of training and the necessary equipment, you would be able to sew your own T-shirts. When you set your own T-shirts, you would be able to cut costs. You would also be able to create several designs and that way, your customers would have access to a variety of unique designs which would be different from what is commonly seen in the market.