Do you want to start a natural skin care business online? If YES, here are 50 best home based skin care business opportunities for beginners. Research has it that the skin is the largest organ in the body, and because of its placement outside the body, it is one of the first things people see when they look our way. Because of this, people go to great lengths to preserve the youthful beauty of their skin, and this is the main reason why the skin care industry is a very profitable industry.
If you want to own a business in the skin care industry but you are having an ideas glitch, here are 50 profitable skin care business ideas that you can choose from. In order to be versatile in this industry, you may decide to offer more than one of the under listed services.
50 Best Home Based Skin Care Business Opportunities
1. Sell bath bombs: Bath bombs are round or spherically molded, hard-packed mixtures of dry ingredients that dissolve when wet. The balls are used to add essential oils, scent, bubbles and color to bathwater. When the bath bomb effervescent, it releasing colorants, fragrances, and skin-conditioning ingredients like salts and oils that pamper the skin when soaking in the water. You can start making these bombs for sell.
2. Start selling body oils: Another good business to start in the skin care industry is the selling of body oils. Oils like castor oil, lanolin oil, glycerin oil, jojoba oil, peppermint oil, amongst many others, have gotten a comfortable market, and you can carve a niche for yourself in this market. You will have to buy directly from the manufacturers or wholesalers, and then sell them in retail quantities.
3. Sell Body Sprays: you can open a shop selling deodorants and the likes and make a lot of profits from it because quite a number of people cannot do without deodorant, and it is equally recommended for people with sweat problems.
4. Open a health herb site: Running an online herbal site that shows people how to mix and match up herbs to create various skin solutions. For you to run such a site, you need to be conversant with the various herbs available and their uses. You can earn income through Google AdSense.
5. Sell Natural bath products: people are currently going back to nature, and selling natural bath products is a sure attention grabber. You can sell herbs, lotions, soaps and oils that are infused with herbs. These products are great for the skin.
6. Sell Bodybutter: Dry sensitive skins need a lot of moisture and hydration to blossom, and that is why people patronize body butter. Body butter is typically a skin moisturizer that contains cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil or other vegetable-based oil. It is normally thicker than lotions and it is great at healing extra dry skin. It can be used all over or only on problem patches such as elbows and knees.
7. Distribute Local blacksoap: Black soap, also called African Black Soap (ABS), is a soap made from the ash of locally harvested plants and barks such a plantain, cocoa pods, palm tree leaves, and the shea tree bark. Black soap is said to be a cleanser, so it works great for people dealing with rosacea, rashes, dryness and other skin conditions. Some African black soaps contain a plantain extract that has antibacterial properties that may help treat acne breakouts. If you are not able to make your own black soap, you can become a retailer or distributor.
8. Retail Kids’ skin care products: even kids need to have great looking skin and many mothers make sure of that. Starting a kid’s skin care product line would prove very profitable.
9. Start an organic body scrub business: Organic body scrubs naturally exfoliate dead skin cells and revitalize dull lifeless skin, leaving it soft, silky smooth, refreshed and younger-looking. You can specialize in making salt and sugar scrubs to carve a niche for yourself.
10. Sell aromatherapy baths salts: Aromatherapy bath salts combine the therapeutic benefits of aromatic essential oils with the healing properties of bath salts to enhance skin appearance. It has been discovered that using salts for bathing help heal dry skin by opening the pores to help the body eliminate sweat, dirt, and toxins. To increase the aromatherapy effect, a variety of pleasant scents are added to the bath salts using essential oils. The oils promote relaxation, stress and fatigue reduction, and equally improves the appearance of skin.
11. Skin Clinic: The skin clinic isn’t necessarily the forte of the dermatologist alone. As a matter of fact, if you have the right skills in skin beauty, then you can comfortably start a skin clinic. To get started, you should enroll in a good skin care school to learn the rudiments of the profession.
12. Start a Spa Business
Spas provide essential skin treatments especially facials which are targeted at removing dead skin layers, while repairing individual conditions that are age related, including reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration and breakouts. A soothing, therapeutic spa treatment accelerates skin rejuvenation by delivering essential vitamins A, C, E and powerful antioxidants/nutrients deeply to help restore skin to its natural healthy balance. Because of the almost essential services spas provide, more and more people are venturing into the business, and you can too as well.
13. Start a fitness Centre: The intense sweating that goes on in a gym is very helpful to the skin, a lot of studies have proven this fact, and as such if you want to start a skin care business and you are not so much into oils and creams, you can start a fitness center business. Starting a fitness training center or Gym doesn’t require so much hard work; however, it requires a lot of planning, preparation and capital.
14. Become a Massage Therapist: Stress is a part of everyday life, and stress has been known to reduce the appearance of skin by bringing on fine lines and wrinkles. This is one of the reasons why there are a lot of massage parlors scattered all over the united states of America. These folks have been trained to help stressed out folks ease their tension. You can as well introduce other skin enhancement treatments to your clients.
15. Start a skin care magazine: If you are a prolific writer and you are quite knowledgeable about the skin, then you can start a magazine that centers on skin care. Your magazine may not be centered around skin care alone, but also on health. For you to be able to start this type of magazine, you need to carry out exhaustive research on the major players in the industry, how much you would need to start yours, and lots more.
16. Hair removal services: A lot of people dislike hair on their skin because it reduces the beauty and glow of the skin. Instead of using a razor to remove the hairs, most people like to patronize professionals especially when it comes to removing hair from sensitive areas. If you think you might be interested in this, then you can start a hair removal business. Before you start the business, you need to get the required training. There are beauty schools that can give you good training on this, and you can do it online if you prefer.
17. Tanning Salon: Summer isn’t the only time to get a great tan. A lot of people want to look tanned all year round. This is one of the reasons why it is easy to spot tanning salons in your neighborhood. You can start this business too if you have a knack for it. You could open up a tanning salon to help people get tanned skins through artificial tanning procedures.
18. Provide anti-aging skin care services: As people grow older, the skin starts to lose elasticity, sag and develop wrinkles. A lot of people would welcome any services that would help them keep aging at bay. There are numerous products and procedures that help to reduce the appearance of age on the skin. Some of the procedures include; injections, face-lifts, surgeries, and a whole lot more. Note that you would need to get certifications and licenses before you are allowed to start this business.
19. Become a Skin Care Consultant: A skin care consultant is someone who works with individual clients to assess their skin care needs and correct them via the use of certain products, a change in diet, various forms of exercise, and the like. Before you become a skin care consultant, you need to acquire the required training and certifications. This area of skin care is very sensitive so you need to be well read in order to be able to solve people’s skin issues.
20. Tattoo and Scar Removal Services: People do get fed up with their tattoos at a certain point in life and they need to get them off, and the same scenario goes for scars. This is what led people to start tattoo removal as a business. If you think you are trained in this field, then you can start the tattoo and scar removal business.
21. Become a Dermatologist: A dermatologist treats skin problems. This is not the type of business that you will delve into without qualifications. As a matter of fact, you will need to first become a doctor, and then specialize in dermatology. If this is something that you think you will like to do, then you should enroll in a school. One good thing about this business is the fact that you will get loads of referrals from general health practitioners who may not have what it takes to deal with every patient’s skin complaints.
22. Start a Skin Care School: A lot of people want to acquire knowledge of skin care so they can offer their services to people for a profit. You too may join the wagon of those who are skilled and want to train people. There are loads of opportunities to be tapped in here.
23. Start a Soap Production Business: Most soaps have skin treatment, cleansing and healing properties. Whether you are male or female- soaps play a very vital role in cleansing and maintaining of the skin. If you can afford the huge capital involved, then you may want to start soap production business. For you to be able to start this type of business, you will need to first of all get the required training, gather the right team and then launch out from there.
24. Homemade Skincare Recipes: Some people do not like the use of chemicals in their skins because of its sensitive nature. These people would always love to apply homemade natural recipes. This is one of the reasons why those who are experts is whipping up homemade skin recipes smile to the bank always. If you think this is what you want to do, then you have to start churning out homemade recipes for the skin.
25. Production of Creams and Body Lotions: Being able to make creams and body lotion isn’t rocket science as most people think. As a matter of fact, with the right knowledge, you can become a pro and begin to churn out great brands of cosmetics.
26. Production and sell of Makeup: There is a whole lot to be produced in the makeup trade. Some of them include powers, foundations, eye pencils, bronzers, glosses and what have you. In America, as well as in other parts of the world, the need for makeup has continued to soar. This is one of the reasons why you have to key into the opportunities this business has to offer. Note that your make ups need to be suitable for the skin or you would lose customers faster than you gain them.
27. Start an Online Retail skin Care Shop: This is yet another area where you can tap into the industry. This entails that you get a good web designer to help you create a website with a very attractive interface. Thereafter, you begin to sell body care products like body creams and lotions. You have to have a decent delivery system in place so that you can deliver your products to your customer on time. One of the good things about this business is that you can attract clients from far and wide.
28. Start a Mobile Spa: Mobile spa is very popular nowadays because many people would rather have someone come to their homes, offices or hotel rooms to give them the much needed spa services than for them to take a trip to a spa which may translate to stress for them. For a mobile spa to find success, it is helpful if the services you provide are of a wider range than just skin care, although offering facials, skin care consultancy, microdermabrasion treatments, and esthetician services is a great place to start.
29. Chemical Exfoliation: This deep cleansing treatment is used to peel off dead and damaged skin cells in order to unclog pores and allow skin treatments to penetrate deeper to reduce the skin’s oil content, reduce inflammation and keep the follicles free of bacteria. Many people undertake these treatments to make their skin glow and healthier plus it is a very cheap and easy niche business to start.
30. Skin Analysis: Skin analysis services helps people understand their skin types, skin conditions, and the best products to use on their skin. You can start this service if you are already a trained skin professional.
31. Steam Rooms and Sauna: If you don’t have enough funds to set up a full spa, you can set up a steam room instead. It is believed that sweating cleanses the pores, so steam rooms are very essential for skin care. This is a skin care niche with a lot of prospect, and there is no doubt that you would make a lot of money offering this service.
32. Sell Herbal Body Mask: Clay masks, seaweed masks, and other body masks made with herbal ingredients with rejuvenating effects are trending at the moment because a lot of people are only just discovering their benefits. You can start a business that specializes in offering this service.
33. Skin Hydration Services: One of the ways that people battle skin aging is to get skin hydration services. You can specialize in consulting and offering skin hydration services to people who need to make their skin look flawlessly beautiful.
34. Facials: Another skin care business niche you can choose is to offer facial treatment services including facial scrubbing, peeling and other effective treatments to prevent and eliminate wrinkles and spots from the face.
35. Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is believed to be very effective for getting rid of stretch marks, burns and other tough skin conditions by promoting skin cell turnover. You can start a business in this niche, but you have to note that microdermabrasion can only be effectively done by a professional.
36. Waxing: you can never go wrong with starting a business that offers hair waxing and removal services as most women get their bodies waxed on a regular basis. If you want to make more money in this business, set up the mobile version so that people can get waxed at their own convenient spaces.
37. Acne and Spot Treatment: Acne and spots on the skin are very irritating conditions that most people would spare no cost to get rid of, thus you can make good income from offering acne and spot treatment services.
38. Skin Laser Treatment: This is one business that has gotten serious recognition in recent times. Laser treatment is very effective for many skin conditions and you would make impressive income from offering this service.
39. Dermafiling: Dermafiling is a newer technique of skin polishing and resurfacing using a stainless steel tool with a crushed diamond head. This technique uses a hand procedure to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and leaving the person with velvety smooth, rejuvenating and very fresh skin. This technique is effective for treating aging, sun damaged skin, acne scarring, pigmentation, stretch marks, fine lines, and large clogged pores. Many people would do anything to achieve the perfect skin and dermafiling is one of the trending procedures that people are choosing.
40. Dermaplaning: Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis and ridding the skin of fine vellus hair or “peach fuzz”. Because dermaplaning is a quick procedure with few to no adverse effects, it has quickly gained popularity among cosmetic medical providers across the country. You too can key into this technique to make profits.
41. Botox: If you are qualified to give botox treatments, then you can make good money if you specialize in it. You can also offer other injectable beauty treatments including lip filling, Glutathione Intravenous Treatments, and vitamin treatments. These treatments are popular among the upper class, and if you succeed in breaking into their circle, then you would have a very profitable business.
42. Skin Whitening: Another lucrative skin care business idea is to specialize in offering skin whitening services to dark-skinned people who are interested in skin lightening treatments. But you have to ensure that the chemicals you use are not harmful and do not cause severe allergies.
43. Provide Corrective Skin Care: you can open a corrective skin care clinic where you would specialize in the repair of damaged skin. Badly damaged skin may find it difficult to respond to normal skin procedures and would only need a professional touch. Get the training and open your clinic and start attending to clients.
44. Sand Bath: You can also specialize in offering sand bath services. Bathing in the sand has been revealed to be highly therapeutic and good for the skin but not many people understand the technique behind sand bathing. You can earn good money from offering this unique service.
45. Himalayan Salt Services: Himalayan salt is also great for treating various skin challenges. This is another skin care service that you can specialize in.
46. Cellulite Removal: Cellulite is another common skin concern for many people especially females. You can specialize in cellulite removal and earn a lot of profit. You just need to ensure that whatever method you use improves cellulite after a stipulated time or you would lose customers.
47. Become a Herbalist: Herbalists are alternative health care professionals who practice a form of medicine care based on herbs, tonics, oils, and other products that are derived naturally from plants. Many certified herbalists are trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of maladies, and they equally focus on skin care too.
48. Offer Post-Care services: after undergoing certain skin procedures especially those that are surgical in nature, people need a comfortable place to stay and recuperate. You can offer these services and market your business to skin treatment clinics as well as hospitals.
49. Provide Detox skin services: the skin, because of it placement is known to pick up impurities that may cause eczema and skin damage. You can decide to offer skin detoxifying services to clients. You can also sell detox skin products too.
50. LED Light Therapy: this is a skin rejuvenation procedure that uses safe, low-level light to help stimulate the skin’s collagen production and slow collagen breakdown. You can offer this service if you have the required training and you can offer it in conjunction with other skin services.
- How to Sell Cakes & Baked Goods on Instagram (Best Captions & Hashtags) - April 1, 2021
- How to Write a Perfect Instagram Bio for a Cake Business - April 1, 2021
- Do You Need a License to Sell CBD Infused Products? - March 30, 2021