Are you interested in starting a car wash business? Do you need a car wash business plan? Do you want to know what it takes to set up a successful car wash business? Then read on.
Setting up a car wash business could be a fun, profitable and an interesting business for someone with business perseverance and smartness. With the right location, top-notch service and good marketing, you can draw in large customers who require their cars to be washed quickly and efficiently, for an affordable price.
However, starting up a car wash business also needs a significant investment capital, solid planning, and concentration to detail in order to keep your business profitable.
Why you should start your own mobile car wash business today
1. The first reason why we encourage you start your own car wash business today is because of the rapid rise in the number of car owners. As the economy recovers and booms, more people will become car owners and they will need to get their car washed.
2. Most car owners are busy individuals, leaving them no time to wash their cars on their own.
3. The mobile car wash business can be started in any country, so whether you are in Nigeria, Ghana, Canada, U.K, etc, you can do this business. In fact, the potentials of this business multiplies especially in regions with bad roads and dusty climate.
4. The capital required to start this business depends on the scale and approach you intend to apply. You can even kick off this business with almost no money by going to your neighbors houses or clients houses in the early hours of the morning to wash and clean their cars.
Starting a Mobile Car Wash – Sample Business Plan Template
Starting a successful car wash business begins with research. When it comes to business and investing, knowledge is a critical success factor. So you need to study and research so as to know every thing possible about running a car wash business. You also need to be updated on every latest trends and technologies to acquire a better understanding of the industry.
Another tip to starting a mobile car wash business is to focus on a specific region or neighborhood. If you try to go city-wide, be prepared to shell out more cash than usual. However, at this stage, it is advised that you start small and offer your car-washing services to people living in the same district. To select the best location:
- Make sure that your car wash venue is close to a residential neighborhood and at a place where your sign is visible to drivers for less say 40 seconds. Ideally traffic should move past at more than 40 miles per hour (i.e. 64km/hr) so drivers should have time to see your signage and make a fast decision to get their cars washed.
- Select a place large enough in order to accommodate the pump rooms, the bays, vacuum, drying areas and office.
- Your city’s zoning regulations should be checked in order to be sure that you are permitted to open up a car wash at your selected site. If you are in need of a special permit, obtain it before you purchase or lease your venue.
- Investigate for the competition in your area
Discover out where your competitions are, the type of services they render, what their pricing is like and the way they attract customers.
Your next step is to write a business plan. In this plan, you need to add the specifics of your investment and your projected earnings. Also add the costs of taxes, employees, real estate, equipment and insurance, licenses, materials, accountants’ fees along with marketing. Here is a sample car wash business plan template to help you get started.
If you can’t self finance your business, then the best way to go about it is to present your business plan to private investors or your bank and show them how your idea holds potential.
- Purchase the necessary equipment for your car wash business.
The equipment you need to get started will depend on how automated you want your car wash business to be, and the type of services you render. If you have little idea as to which items are commonly used in car wash businesses, never hesitate to ask someone who is knowledgeable in the trade. Buy the right cleaning agents from trusted suppliers and you will have no problems when it comes to dealing with the dirtiest car surfaces.
- Hire employees who are efficient, skilled, punctual and polite.
- Market your business
Note that a lots of your customers will be local, so you need to concentrate your marketing campaigns on your immediate area. This is why getting a car wash marketing plan is a must. Always organize regular specials during off-peak periods to keep your customers coming back.
- Get insured
Never forget to acquire insurance while you’re at it. The life of an entrepreneur is highly unpredictable and you’ll never know if a problem would arise. Having an insurance ready is a surefire way for you to avoid bankruptcy.
- Choose your time of business carefully
Afterwards, decide on the time and the day of your business. You wouldn’t want people to contact you in the middle of the night to wash their cars. An ideal way to go about this business is to make your customers highly informed about the rules of your business. Do this by giving out flyers and making use of the social media tools. That way, you’d have an easier time telling people all about your business, allowing you to focus on the work itself rather than the marketing.
In conclusion, the above steps are the basic ways to open a mobile car wash business. However, you must bear in mind that gaining the trust of your customers should be your utmost priority. Now that you know how to start a mobile car wash business, now is the time to go out and do some research. Good luck on your career as a professional car-washing businessman and i will see you at the top.
Latest posts by Ajaero Tony Martins (see all)
- A Sample Music Venue Business Plan Template - February 2, 2020
- A Sample Indoor Shrimp Farming Business Plan Template - February 2, 2020
- How Long You Have to Buy Insurance After Buying a Used Car - January 29, 2020