Do you want to start an internet radio for free and make money? Do you need a sample internet radio station business plan template? If YES, i advice you read on.
The advent of computer and the internet has made a lot of things easy to accomplish from the comfort of your home. Many can now shop online, book appointments online, open bank accounts online, and do a host of other things. This has made most youths wonder what life would really have looked liked decades ago when there was no internet at all.
N.B-: This article was culled from: “The Complete Guide to Starting a Radio Station Online.”
Many businesses have continued to spring up over the years via the internet. While some folks know how to go about their ways in making money via the internet, others just use the internet for pleasures like chatting, checking up on old lost friends, sending emails and what have you.
One innovation which a lot of folks have begun to cash in on recently is the internet radio station. If you fall amongst the folks described earlier who are passionate about making some money online, then you just might want to consider starting an internet radio station too.
However the big question is: how can you start an internet radio station? You see, establishing an internet radio is as easy as filling a form online. Here are some basic requirements on how you too can join the league of those who own an internet radio station.
Starting an Internet Radio Station and Make Money – Sample Business Plan Template
1. Own a Computer-: First rule of thumb you must obey is to own a desktop computer or a laptop with the speed and capacity that supports live streaming. A laptop and computer is configured for various purposes, be sure that yours is configured by an expert for the purpose you might need it for. Having only a computer without an internet connection might be useless; the reason being that you would need to be on the web to have your purpose accomplished and be able to transmit to even those who are using smart phones, android phones as well as ipads.
2. Identify Your Target-: If you have listened to the local radio stations around you, as well as the internet based ones well enough, then you would notice that every radio station that exist has a specific target audience that they intend serving. Whilst some play classical songs to attract the older ones, others transmit just sports to attract sports lovers, and so on. So the first thing is that you should be able to define your target audience and know how, where and when to reach them. Also, you must identify the type of music and talk-show that appeals to them, and come up with a creative program that can keep them stuck with your station.
3. Get a Name for Your Radio Station-: There are a lot of internet based radio stations out there. Therefore, you should be able to create a name for your own radio station so that you can easily be identified. Go on a research spree and look up names of different internet stations home and abroad to take a cue from the kind of names they have. Be sure that whatever name you decide to settle with is such that spells out and sends a message about what you intend to transmit on the radio station. You do not want to strike people as unserious with the type of name your radio station is known with.
4. Identify and Acquire the Gadgets Needed-: Asides the computer and an internet connection stated earlier, there are other vital gadgets that you must be willing to invest in. Be sure that you have the resources to acquire these things before you venture into it. Examples of such gadgets are:
- Headphone and Microphone-: To run an internet based radio station, you would need a headphone and microphone. This basically would be for making announcements; especially announcing the name or frequency and location of your radio station, as well as introducing songs. You might also need a Microphone when there is a talk-show or when you want to interview a celebrity whom you have invited over.
- Fast Internet Broadband-: Live streaming requires faster internet connections, so when choosing an internet broadband to use, much more than affordability, the speed must be a key factor. Do your research to come up with a particular internet broadband brand that has a high and fast capacity to deliver to your numerous listeners.
- Software Apps-: With the advent of apps, a lot of computer processes have been made as easy as ‘ABC’. All you need to do is to download the apps and follow all instructions given to be able to use it. You don’t need to be a Geek before you can create your own internet radio station. All you need to do is just go online and search for internet radio packages and sign up for the one that suits your need and in less than 15 minutes your radio station would come up and running.
5. Go All Out to Generate Traffic-: Starting an internet radio station shouldn’t just be for the fun of starting a radio station. There should be a strategy on how to drive traffic for folks to listen to your radio station. Leveraging on the various social media platforms to advertise your internet radio station is one sure way of driving traffic. Use the twitter, facebook, emails, blogging and other medium to drive traffic to your radio station.
6. Source for Advert Placements-: What is the usefulness of starting a radio station if you aren’t going to get a return on your investment? No one ever goes into business for charity; except if you have spelt out from the outset that you in it for charity. For you to source for advertisers on your station, you must make your audience base and quality of your programs top notch such that can attract client to place advert on your station.
Will all these information suffice?
Without doubt, these are the procedures you need to start your own radio station. However, after you have launched operations; you must not relent to continue the hard work of researching and coming up with ways to run your internet radio station in the best of ways that might continue to generate more listeners, advertisers and ultimately more money.