Do you want to start a laser hair removal company from scratch? Or you need a sample laser hair removal business plan template? If YES, then i advice you read on.
Long hair is cute, beautiful and very sexy; well, as long as it stays on the head. Long body hair on the other hand is a huge no-no and can be a very big turn-off. Every fashion and personal hygiene conscious individual knows just how important it is to get rid of body hair.
People love to have beautiful, smooth and attractive skin but the presence of body hair on the skin hinders this and that is why professionals have devised all sorts of creams and cosmetic procedures to help with the removal of facial hair and body hair.
Hair removal creams have been discovered to not do much because the hair starts to grow back after a short while and you just have to keep buying hair removal creams. In a bid to curb this problem, laser hair removal procedure was introduced. Laser hair removal involves the removal of body hair permanently, using laser equipment.
Hair removal using laser techniques is a permanent procedure and prevents removed hair from growing back again. Also, it doesn’t require surgeries or body invasion and this is what makes it in hot demand by fashion conscious men and women. It is also a very profitable business as you can earn as much as $500 per person for one session.
Laser hair removal business has become so popular and continues to grow in the aesthetic procedure industry. This article seeks to provide a guide for you to start your own laser hair removal business anywhere in the world.
What Does it Take to Start a Laser Hair Removal Business
a. Education and training requirements-: Even though laser hair removal is a non-surgical procedure, the industry is still highly regulated. Whilst some states would only permit medical professionals to perform laser procedures, some other states are less strict on their regulations concerning laser hair removal services.
If you live in a state where only medical professionals are allowed to perform laser procedures, you can still set up your laser hair removal business only that you would have to employ someone to perform the procedures for you or you can go for an approved training program which would qualify you as a laser removal technician.
b. Skills and Experience-: To ensure that your laser hair removal business is successful, you would need to be a person who is able to stand for long hours, someone who is friendly and safety conscious, interested in learning new skills and procedures and also customer service oriented. It is recommended that you undergo some training to learn about some of the intricacies of the business before you go ahead to start your own business.
To start your laser hair removal business, these are the basic steps you should take-:
Starting a Laser Hair Removal Company – Sample Business Plan Template
1. Determine your mode operation-: You need to figure out the kind of services you want to offer. Do you want to stick with laser hair removal alone or add other aesthetic services or would you rather open a spa offering a wide range of services and treatments? This decision would be necessary in determining the costs of setting up your business.
2. Register and obtain necessary licenses-: The next step to fulfill all legal requirements and apply for licenses, permits and certificates permitting you to start up a laser hair removal business in your area.
3. Choose a suitable location-: First, you need to understand that laser hair removal is a luxury service and as such, you would be catering to high worth individuals with a high sense of taste and class. So you have to put this into consideration when choosing a location. Go for somewhere that is highly visible but reserved at the same time; preferably in large shopping malls or top-class boutiques.
4. Design your space-: Next, you should design your interior to be beautiful, warm, relaxing and comfortable so as to encourage clients to keep visiting your place.
5. Purchase necessary equipment-: The most important equipment you will need apart from an office space and furniture is a laser. Buying a laser is fairly easy and you can decide to lease one if you cannot afford the $60,000 -$100,000 capital needed to purchase a laser hair removal machine. There are two most common lasers; Alexandrite and Ruby Laser with the Ruby laser being more expensive than the Alexandrite. However, you can achieve quality results using any of these.
6. Hire Laser Technicians-: You should also consider hiring someone who is qualified and licensed to operate a laser to manage the operational aspect of your business for you. You should also ensure that you continue to train and inform your staff of safe procedures.
7. Have an agreement with a medical professional-: Another thing is that you should have an agreement with a medical professional who can be called upon in case of emergency. Having a full time medical assistant would probably cost you a lot of money. You can have an agreement with medical professionals who would make themselves readily available as consultants whenever there are any adverse reactions or emergencies to be attended to.
8. Create a website-: Next, you should start increasing awareness and visibility of your business by creating a business website and engaging search engine optimization techniques to help increase awareness for your laser hair removal business.
9. Promote your business-: Lastly, you should look for ways to advertise and promote your business. Some effective ways to promote your laser hair removal business include-:
- Partnering with brides and bridal parties to provide laser hair removal services at bridal showers and bachelorettes
- Partner with spas and hotels
- Advertise in fashion, health and beauty magazines
- Create a blog to discuss laser hair removal topics and drive traffic to your website through content management
- Advertise on high-traffic fashion and health blogs
- Get celebrities to talk about and recommend your services
These are the basic things you need to know to start your own laser hair removal. Don’t forget to write a business plan too as it would be very useful in giving you a sense of direction and focus needed to run your business successfully.