Do you want to start a tree trimming & removal company from scratch? Or you need a sample tree trimming business plan template? If YES, then i advice you read on.
If you are located in a fast developing area where there is constant need to get rid of or trim down trees to hasten up development, you can make money from offering a tree trimming and tree removal services. The job of a tree trimming company is to prune big trees to avoid them causing nuisance to other people. And tree removal is done where a building or a construction project is about to commence.
With a good knowledge of how the business works, getting the required licenses and capital, you can be on your way to starting a successful tree trimming and removal business. Sit back as we go through the process of starting out a tree trimming and removal business. They are; low cost ways of advertising your business and services to get steady clients.
After reading up this article, you should have enough knowledge on what it takes to start and run a tree trimming and removal business. Therefore, if you have a penchant for the felling of trees then you must be ready to make these tips yours so as to make a success.
Starting a Tree Trimming and Removal Service – Sample Business Plan Template
1. Register Your Business and Get Your License
The first step to starting your tree trimming and removal business is to register a business name. Construction companies, private individuals and the government prefer to deal with or do business with registered businesses other than private individuals.
Also, each State has their own requirements for registering for a company or business name; visit the Corporate Affairs office in your State you get the requirements needed in registering a company and start the process immediately. While you are at it, you need to get the requirement licenses you need to run a business in your State.
The main purpose of a location is to store your working equipments. So, the location you lease has to be safe to store your equipments. Also, as an alternative, if you have enough space in your garage, you can store your equipments in your garage and run your business from home; that is if you are low on start up capital.
3. Purchase Your Working Equipments
At this stage, you are done with all the necessary registrations and gotten licenses, you have leased a space to store your equipment, and the next step is to purchase your equipments. Some of the necessary equipment you need for this business includes; safety gears such as Gloves, Working Boots and Glasses, Ladders, Pruning Shears, Chain saws, Storm Removing machine and a Truck.
The truck is for hauling the tree trunks and storm out of the location and you certainly need big tire trucks for tree hauling to enable you transport large tree trunks to the designated location. These equipments can be gotten at a lower cost from auctions site like EBay.com or you can still order for fairly used ones if you are running low on cash.
However, try as much as you can to avoid leasing of machineries or equipments, because it may be a cheaper option for you for starters, but if you calculate the leasing cost in the long run, you will find out that outright purchase is a better option than leasing.
You may not be able to handle all the process involved in tree trimming and removal alone, so you will need to get workers to help out; getting employees with experience on tree trimming and removal work or employees that have worked in similar firms is an added advantage for your business.
5. Get Accounting Software
It is easy to loose track of your income and expenditures if you don’t have a good book keeping and accounting system; and it may affect your tax payment because most time, you are required to submit your accounting history for your tax to be calculated.
So, from the outset, get a good accounting and bookkeeping software to keep track of your incomes and expenditures and liabilities. There are some easy to use account software on the internet, you can purchase any of them and use for your business.
There are some risks that comes with tree removal business; for instance, a tree branch can fall and injure your worker in the process; so you have to get a business insurance that covers your employees, your business and also a third party who may get injured as you go about your business.
7. Advertise Your Business-: It is time to create awareness of your services for people to use your services; some of the ways you can advertise your tree trimming and removal business include;
- Fliers-: You can print out fliers and share to people. You can get lucky and get the fliers into someone that needs your services; you can also look up construction and renovation companies from phone directory in your city and pay them a visit with your flier.
- Bid for Government Contracts-: The Federal and State Governments most times sublet their tree removal or trimming contracts to private companies; you can check up available government contracts relating to the services you offer and place bid on it.
- Advertise In Local Papers-: Another way to advertise your business is via local newspapers or publications in your city; it may be a little bit expensive but it will give your business the much needed exposure.
You may also want to consider adding wood processing to your business as time goes on. This means buying off large tree trucks you removed from the owner at a cheaper price, processing it into ply or any other wood and selling at a higher prize.
Latest posts by Ajaero Tony Martins (see all)
- A Sample Music Venue Business Plan Template - February 2, 2020
- A Sample Indoor Shrimp Farming Business Plan Template - February 2, 2020
- How Long You Have to Buy Insurance After Buying a Used Car - January 29, 2020