Are you about starting a window tinting business? If YES, here is a complete sample window tinting business plan template and feasibility report you can use for FREE. Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a window tinting business. We also took it further by analyzing and drafting a sample window tinting business marketing plan template backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for window tinting services. So let’s proceed to the business planning section.
Table of Content
- 2. Executive Summary
- 5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- 6. SWOT Analysis
- 7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- 13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
Why Start a Window Tinting Business?
Window tinting isn’t limited to just automobiles as many homes and businesses now use tinted windows. Various homes and businesses now use tinted windows because it is regarded as more sophisticated when compared to regular windows.
Tinted windows help reduce the amount of incoming glare from the sun. Another reason why more people are using tinted windows is because such windows are not only affordable but also lasts longer. As an entrepreneur starting this business, you would not only need the necessary capital to start the business, but you would need to have a skilled knowledge of the business. If you are going to be hiring professionals, it would be best if you hire those that have experience and expertise in handling this kind of business.
Writing a business plan is another task that must be taken seriously no matter how technical or not your business may be. Below is a free window tinting business plan sample template for you;
A Sample Window Tinting Business Plan Template
1. Industry Overview
According to NanoMarkets, a niche such as smart glass in the automotive industry is expected to grow from a billion market in 2014 to a .1 billion market in 2019. This is as more customers will intend to move from conventional window tinting to smart glasses that will offer them more features.
This is a business that is highly regulated in the automobile industry because tinted windows make it more difficult for law enforcement officers to identify criminals and suspects. Some states allow their law enforcement officers to carry tintmeters that are used to check windows that are darker than what the law allows.
States have specific regulations for tinted windows and while states that have more sunshine have more tolerance for tinted windows, states with less sunshine are less tolerant.
The federal government as at 2014, spent more than $90,000 on shops that dealt in window tinting. The federal government also awarded 31 contracts to 7 companies in 2014, with an approximate sum of close to $13,000 being the value of such contracts.
According to National Roads and Motorists’ Association, having tinted windows on one’s automobile can be dangerous as it cannot only reduce the visibility for the driver in low conditions but it can also restrict eye contact for road users, thereby resulting in avoidable accidents.
Despite the global economic downturn, the global market for window tints is said to have almost doubled in its revenue, climbing from $479 million to a projected $863 million by 2018.
Buildings have been on the front burner as regards window tinting especially as environmental revelations point to the fact that buildings – commercial and residential – consume a lot of energy when compared to other sectors of the economy.
The demand for window tinting globally varies largely on each country and their location. Many countries in Europe for instance have had a steady demand for window tinting services regardless of the economic downturn being experienced.
2. Executive Summary
Sam’s Window Tints Inc is a standard and leading window tinting business that operates from Washington DC here in the united states of America and will offer services to both domestic and corporate clients. We are in the window tinting business to offer window tinting services to automobiles, residential homes as well as commercial properties of our clients.
As we intend not only to maximize profit but to also compete favorably against other window tinting brands here in Washington DC and the neighboring states, we are therefore offering additional services such as consultancy, advisory services and trainings that will allow us achieve our intended goals.
Our vision is to ensure that we offer quality and affordable window tinting services to our various clients here in Washington DC. We intend to become amongst the preferred brands and amongst the top 5 brands nationally by our third year in business.
In order to achieve our intended vision, we intend to build a standard window tinting business that will be able to meet and even exceed the expectations of our various clients here in Washington DC and other surrounding states. To achieve this, we intend to build a solid business structure that will see us achieving our vision and objectives in no time.
We understand how valuable our customers are to us and so we have incorporated customer excellence into our policies. All our employees not only understand these policies but positively project them at all times to all our customers, leading us to have a high retention rate of customers in comparison to our competitors.
Because we understand the value of having a solid business structure, we have put in place plans and processes that will allow us not only source for but also recruit competent and capable professionals that not only have the necessary experience but are fully aligned with our vision and are dedicated to seeing that we achieve all our goals and objectives.
Our employees work in a mentally stimulating environment that is conducive and easily accessible. They are also well paid and have better welfare and incentive packages than their colleagues in similar start-ups such as ours. We also ensure that our employees receive necessary trainings as at when due to enhance their skills and also improve productivity for our company.
Finally our Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Sam Moody has more than 10 years experience in this industry and has worked in several managerial roles as well. He has all it takes to ensure that our business attains all its desired goals and objectives.
3. Our Products and Services
At Sam’s Window Tints Inc, we intend to deal in all forms of window tinting services for automobile, home and businesses to our various customers from our permanent location here in Washington DC.
However in our bid to ensure that we create multiple sources of income in order to generate more revenue for our business, we will be offering additional services such as consultancy service and trainings. We intend to make as much profit as we can and as is legally possible here in the United States of America.
Some of the different services that we would be offering are;
- Tinting of automobile windows for domestic and corporate customers
- Tinting of windows for homes and businesses
- Consultancy and Advisory Services
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to ensure that we offer quality and affordable window tinting services to our various clients here in Washington DC. We intend to become amongst the preferred brands and amongst the top 5 brands nationally by our third year in business.
- Our mission is to build a standard window tinting business that will be able to meet and even exceed the expectations of our various clients here in Washington DC and other surrounding states. To achieve this, we intend to build a solid business structure that will see us achieving our vision and objectives in no time.
Our Business Structure
Due to our desire to build a standard window tinting business here in Washington DC, we have put in place processes and plans that will ensure that we get it right from the beginning. We are therefore willing to go the extra mile to ensure that we hire competent and hardworking employees for our window tinting business who will handle effectively the various responsibilities that go with their positions.
Our vision of becoming a preferred brand and the top 5 brands nationally has led us to assemble a management team that is top notch. Our management team has all it takes to ensure that we succeed in this business as they possess the necessary experience and expertise that will ensure we become a national force to reckon with within our stipulated period.
Because we would be offering other services in addition to our core services, we would be employing more than is necessary for a conventional window tinting business. The various employees we intend to hire will handle the responsibilities that will crop up for the new positions which these additional services that we intend to offer will create.
Below therefore is the business structure that we intend to build at Sam’s Window Tints Inc;
- Chief Executive Officer
- Administrative Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Marketing Team
- Inventory and Logistics Manager
- Window Tints Supervisor
- Front Desk Officer
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer
- Creates and ensures the implementation of strategies and policies for the overall growth of the business.
- Assembles top management team that understands the vision and objectives of the organization and are dedicated to seeing it grow.
- Evaluates the success and growth of the organization from time to time.
- Ensures that all the administrative functions of the organization functions smoothly.
- Works with other departmental heads to ensure that the objectives and policies of the organization are implemented.
- Oversees the daily affairs of the organization.
Human Resources Manager
- Defines job positions and tasks and recruits capable hands to fill in these positions.
- Conducts interview and orientation for new employees.
- Conducts periodical performance appraisals on employees and also in charge of ensuring that employees get trained as at when due.
- Responsible for preparing financial statements, records, budgets and reports on behalf of the organization.
- In charge of administering payrolls.
- Ensures that the accounting books is duly reconciled with that of the bank as at the end of every month.
- Conducts market research in order to determine new target markets for the organization.
- Creates effective marketing strategies that will generate revenue for the organization.
- Carries out direct marketing and negotiates with potential and existing clients on behalf of the organization.
Inventory and Logistics Manager
- Monitors and records incoming and outgoing inventory on behalf of the organization.
- Arranges the logistics for all fieldwork on behalf of the organization.
- Arranges the necessary transportation for official errands on behalf of the organization.
Window Tints Supervisor
- In charge of all tinting jobs done by the organization.
- Ensures that all jobs are done according to best standard practices.
- Remains updated as regards industry trends on behalf of the organization.
Front Desk Officer
- Takes bookings and responds to inquiries of clients physically, via phone or online on behalf of the organization.
- Remains updated as regards industry trends and organizational policies in order to give customers adequate information.
- Keeps an updated and accurate customer database on behalf of the organization.
- Ensures that the premises of the facility remains clean at all times.
- Ensures that cleaning supplies are always in stock.
- Carries out any other duty as required by the human resources manager.
- Runs official errands for the organization.
- Transports workers and materials for field jobs.
- Carries out light maintenance on the van and reports major faults to the appropriate manager.
6. SWOT Analysis
Due to our desire to run a standard window tinting business, we hired the services of a reputable business consultant here in Washington DC to look through our business concept and examine the prospect of our window tinting business not only thriving but also being able to compete favorably against other leading brands in this industry.
In view of our request, the business consultant looked critically as several attributes such as our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats so as to determine if we were likely to survive when exposed to several factors when running the business here in Washington DC.
The result of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Sam’s Window Tints Inc are as follows;
Our strength lies in the fact that aside our core service of offering window tinting to automobiles, houses and offices for our various clients, we would also be offering additional services such as consultancy and trainings which in turn will bring in more customers to our business and allow us have a large share of the market.
Our team of professionals are capable of ensuring that we are able to deliver quality projects as at when due thereby meeting and sometimes exceeding the expectations of our customers. Another factor that we have to our advantage is the experience and expertise of our chief executive officer, who has been in the industry for long and understands how best to grow the business and ensures that it attains its intended goals and objectives.
We are still a new business and as such have not gotten the awareness of a huge portion of our target market. We also do not have the necessary staff and finances necessary to be able to compete with already established brands here in the industry.
There are several opportunities available to us in this field and this is due to the fact that we are offering other services in addition to our core service. Also, unlike other window tinting businesses that concentrate on either automobile or residential and commercial properties; our offering of all the services will see us having a huge share of the market.
There are several threats that we are going to face when starting or running our business and it includes competing with already established window tinting businesses, dealing with the arrival of a new competitor in same location and offering the same services, and also dealing with the downturn of the economy.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
Window tinting has always been a privilege for automobiles but now this trend has changed to include homes and businesses. The reason for this is not only because it gives those who use them an updated look, but it also helps reduce the amount of glare a vehicle or building gets from the sun.
Another advantage that has seen the trend for window tinting businesses grow especially as regards residential homes and commercial properties is the fact that homeowners and businesses are looking for ways to save up on utility costs and running expenses respectively. This is because quality window tinting blocks about 80 percent of the heat from the sun and helps to lower heat during the summer months.
Another trend is the fact that for environmental lovers, it adds to one’s green status and allows one to be entitled to certain tax credits from the state and federal governments.
8. Our Target Market
There are a wide range of available customers that make use of tinted windows and this means there will be a large demand for our services. However, in order for us to have an accurate target market that we will be able to create effective marketing strategies for, we have conducted a market research in order to determine our true target market.
The market research which we have conducted will help us have an idea of what the target market would be expecting from us and what we should expect from them. Therefore from our results, we are in business to offer our window tinting services to the following groups of people;
- Residential homes
- Commercial and business properties
- Government agencies
- Corporate executives
- Automobile owners
Our intention of starting a window tinting business is to build a business that will be able to achieve its goal of giving clients quality window tinting services and also being the preferred and national brand within three years of starting this business. With this in mind, we have several strategies laid out that will allow us compete favorably against our competitors in this industry.
We are offering more services than our competitors and this include window tinting services for automobiles, window tinting services for residential houses and commercial properties as well as consultancy services and trainings.
We offer standard and quality services and have always met and most times exceeded the expectations of our customers.
We have an experienced management team that thoroughly understands our core values and objectives and are willing and committed to ensuring that we achieve all that we have laid down. Our management team are also very experienced and have the expertise needed to lead our lower end staff and ensure that they implement our policies.
We have an excellent customer care culture that has allowed us to retain a huge number of clients who are loyal to our brand. We keep in touch with our clients through various platforms and give them tips and information regarding this industry.
Lastly, we are taking good care of our employees as we have them well paid with great welfare packages that are better than what their counterparts in similar start-ups such as ours are getting. We also have training programs in place that will ensure that employees undergo continuous trainings that will enhance their skills and boost productivity for our organization.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Sam’s Window Tints Inc is a window tinting business that has been established to generate revenue and maximize profit in this industry here in the United States of America and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we offer our services to a wide range of customers.
Therefore, Sam’s Window Tints Inc will generate income through offering of the following services;
- Tinting of automobile windows for domestic and corporate customers
- Tinting of windows for homes and businesses
- Consultancy and Advisory Services
10. Sales Forecast
More people are beginning to want to have tinted windows on their cars, homes and offices and this is because not only are tinted windows affordable and sophisticated, they are also useful when keeping out the glare of sunshine.
We are well positioned here in Washington DC to take on the available market and therefore we are quite optimistic that we will not only generate enough revenue to run our business but that we will also make enough profits in our first year of operation.
Having critically analyzed this industry, we have come to the conclusion that our chances are very favorable which then allowed us to come up with a verifiable forecast regarding our sales. The sales projections we got were based on the information gathered from factors and facts peculiar to similar start-ups such as ours in the industry here in Washington DC.
Therefore, the sales projection below for Sam’s Window Tints Inc is based on several factors and assumptions;
- First Fiscal Year-: $200,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $350.000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $700,000
N.B: It should be noted that the above projections were based on the assumptions that were obtainable in this industry and that there won’t be an economic downturn that will decrease our clientele and that we won’t be facing competition from the arrival of any competitor in the three years that we would be running our business. Should any of these factors or assumptions change either positively or negatively, it will cause an increase or decrease in the above sales projected figures.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Marketing is a very important part of any business as this is how businesses generate their revenue and also increase their awareness for existing and potential customers. Marketing our business is very vital because it points to whether we intend for our business to succeed or fail. And because we do not intend for our business to fail, we have chosen a location that has more of our target market and will make whatever strategies we would choose for our window tinting business easier.
Firstly, we have decided that to ensure that we create effective marketing strategies, that we conduct a market survey and feasibility study that is very thorough. The market survey will allow us position our business in the way that we want it to and also allow us penetrate the available market, structure our business in the way that will attract customers and also allow us compete favorably against established and new window tinting business brands not only here in Washington DC, but all over the United States of America as well.
Secondly, we intend to hire the services of a reputable marketing consultant here n Washington DC who has the necessary experience in this industry to help us create effective marketing strategies that will help us achieve our corporate goal of getting a large share of the target market that is available here in Washington DC and also all over the United States of America.
We also intend to empower our marketing executives to ensure that the marketing strategies align with our corporate sales goals, while also positively communicating our brands at all times. Our marketing executives will also modify or delete marketing strategies that are not having the intended effect, while also using unconventional means such as online platforms to market our business to our target market.
In summary, the marketing and sales strategies that we will be adopting at Sam’s Window Tints Inc are;
- Ensure that we introduce our business formally by sending letters with our brochures attached to houses, businesses, automobile workshops and other stakeholders here in Washington DC and around neighboring states as well.
- Throw a unique grand opening party in order not to only generate interest but also capture the attention of our target market as well.
- Place adverts in local newspapers and relevant magazines as well as on radio and television stations.
- Ensure that the business and the services we offer are listed in yellow pages as well as on online directories.
- Empower our marketing team to engage in direct marketing.
- Use social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to market our business.
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Every business knows that having the right publicity is essential to its growth and survival in whatever industry it is, which is why companies even those that have long been established engage in publicity so that customers can continue to be aware of their existence and also have the intended confidence in patronizing their products or services. Asides from creating the right awareness for a business, a business also generates revenue from the publicity it has gained.
In our bid to explore all means of ensuring that we draft the right publicity strategies for our business, we will engage the services of a reputable brand awareness consultant who is based here in Washington DC to help in crafting effective advertising and publicity strategies that will not only boost our business but project it positively to our target market.
The platforms that we intend to use in achieving our publicity and advertising strategies for Sam’s Window Tints Inc are;
- Ensure that we leverage on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter as well as our own website to publicize our window tinting services.
- Position our flexi banners in strategic locations here in Washington DC so as to attract the interest of our target market.
- Distribute our handbills and fliers in target locations such as residential areas, offices, automobile shops and parking lots.
- Attend automobile shows and real estate seminars and offering to speak thereby increasing awareness for our business.
- Place adverts for our business in local newspapers as well as on radio and television stations.
- Ensure that our staff members wear company branded tee shirts while out on field work and also that our official van is well branded.
12. Our Pricing Strategy
Because we know that we are offering our customers a quality job, we will ensure that our prices are not only affordable but that they cover our overhead and operating costs. Our prices will vary depending on the kind of window and how many we would be tinting for our clients. We would also ensure that we do not charge our clients prices that would be far less or higher than what our competitors would be offering.
However, because we are still new at this business, we will ensure that we offer our various customers a discount within our first two months of starting our business. This is our own way of attracting more customers to our business that will eventually allow us retain a huge share of the market. We have however put in strategies in place that will ensure that we will not be running at a loss during this period even though our profit margin might be low.
- Payment Options
Having different payment options is very vital especially when there are various customers who will have different preferences in making their payments. Restricting payment options to just a single or two options might lead to a loss of customers. Therefore we at Sam’ Window Tints Inc have come up with payment options that will cater to all the preferences of our clients.
The payment options that we intend to make available to all our clients are;
- Payment via cash
- Payment via check
- Payment via credit card
- Payment via Point of Sale (POS) Machine
- Payment via online payment portal
The above payment options that we intend to make available to our various customers are ones that will makes transactions smooth and convenient not only for our customers but also for our business as well.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
Even though starting this kind of business is not as capital intensive as other kinds of businesses, there are still certain things that an entrepreneur would be expected to spend the bulk of the start-up capital on, such as the purchase of a van for use, getting start-up inventory, leasing a facility as well as paying the salaries of employees and utility bills for a certain period of time.
The key areas where we will therefore be spending our start-up capital on are;
- Total business registration fees for Sam’s Window Tints Inc in the United States of America – $750
- Obtaining of business license, permits, accounting services and other legal expenses – $1,250
- Cost of hiring a business consultant – $2,000
- Insurance coverage (general liability, Workers Compensation, property insurance) – $2,000
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Sam’s Window Tints Inc as well as for general marketing expenses – $3,000
- Operational cost for the first three months (salaries of employees and payment of utility bills) – $90,000
- Start-up expenses such as stationery, utility and phone deposits, computers – $1,500
- Cost of leasing a facility for a period of two years and carrying out renovations – $15,000
- Cost of purchasing start-up inventory – $20,000
- Cost of purchasing a fairly used van – $15,000
- Cost of launching an official website – $500
- Cost of throwing a launching party – $1,000
- Miscellaneous – $2,000
In order to successfully start up and run a standard window tinting business here in Washington DC in the United States of America, we would require the sum of $154,000. It should be noted that the above amount will be used to pay the salaries of employees and utility bills for a period of three months, leasing and renovating a facility, purchasing a fairly used vehicle and also getting the necessary inventory to use for our window tinting business.
Generating Funding/Startup Capital for Sam’s Window Tints Inc Business
Sam’s Window Tints Inc business is owned and run by Mr. Sam Moody and due to several factors, he does not intend to approach external investors to source for loans for his business, which is why he has decided to restrict sourcing his start-up capital to just three sources.
The areas where we therefore intend to generate our start-up capital from are;
- From personal savings
- Source for soft loan from family members
- Apply for loan from the bank
N.B: We have been able to generate the sum of $34,000 from our personal savings. Soft loan from family members amounted to $20,000. We are also at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $100,000 from our bank that will be repaid in 10 years at the rate of 3 percent per annum.
All the papers and documents for this loan have been duly signed and submitted and we have been assured that the loan will not only be approved very soon but that our business account will be credited with the amount we seek before the end of the week.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of our business lies in how well we are able to effectively draft the right strategies that will not only sustain but expand our business as well. Therefore the factors we intend looking into are having a solid business structure that entails us getting professional and competent employees, ensuring that we retain the loyalty of our clients and having a solid re-investment strategy.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Applying for and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Conducting feasibility studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Marketing/Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party/launching party planning: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – wholesale suppliers/merchants: In Progress
- Purchase of trucks: Completed
- A Guide to Great Business ideas for the Future 2025 – 2030 - September 3, 2021
- How Long Do Cordless Drill Batteries Last in 2021? - August 2, 2021
- How Does the Use of Cargo Containers Benefit the Economy? - August 2, 2021