Did you know that app developers are being sort after greatly these days? Well, if you didn’t know, now you know. These developers smile to the banks because of the big gap they have been able to bridge overtime. A lot of apps have come into existence in the past years, and this is one of the reason that experts have said that the world haven’t had it this good and booming in the technology world in the past like it is now.
Indeed we have long started to live in the jet age and a lot of things that didn’t used to matter in everyday living, has become things that just cannot be done away with. As a matter of fact, they are things that have become some of the most important things that people cannot do without in life.
The advent of mobile phones has become as expedient as our wallets or even handbags. This is no wonder that the mobile app world continues to witness tremendous inventions, as more and more people take to it. The Mobile apps serve as great supply of entertainment, information, as well as communication. It has also provided jobs for millions of folks. This industry would continue to expand as long as there is a ready market for it, and there are adequate investors who are willing to stick their necks out in this business venture.
For those who think they just might do well with being an app developer, but do not know just how to go about things, this article might just be a great spur- on for you, as there are very important tips that you must be willing to take home in order to get things straight. That said; let us find out what app development is all about?
What is App Development?
App development is the method of writing and maintaining the source code. It all entails the processes involved connecting the conceptions of the desired application, through to the final manifestation of that application. For this reason, it may include research, new development, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities that result in the finished application.
If you have a penchant for the mobile application industry, and are looking to make this a career and an unending source of income, then it becomes needful that you are conversant with how to become a mobile app developer. Here are top steps to take to actualize this.
Becoming a Successful Mobile App Developer – A Beginner’s Guide
1. Read up a Whole Lot
Becoming a mobile app developer doesn’t just take a day; it also requires that the necessary information to launch you out as one is read as well as internalized. Carry our researches as it concerns all that needs to be known about mobile apps, the qualifications required, the skills required and a host of other indispensable information. You may also consider asking those who are already mobile apps developers to get a guideline.
2. Be Determined
It isn’t enough that you just want to learn to develop applications. You have first of all got to have the inner conviction that this is what you want to do. This is so that you do not appear as a push over when you are with others. Therefore, you have to be determined that this is what you want to do. After you have the determination, then you can be sure to have zeal to pursue it.
3. Scrutinize Your Skills
Being a mobile app developer means that you must be smart, sharp and have the ability to think even without a box. You have therefore got to sit down to analyze the various skills you have. Ask questions like; am I a creative person? Am I detailed and analytical? Knowing what the answers to these are in the outset would save you some blunders that you might make if you weren’t too sure.
4. Go Get Trained
Being a mobile app developer isn’t just a theoretical thing. You must be ready to learn the ropes practically in order to be on your own. One of the ways this can be achieved is when you go get a firsthand training at an expert’s. There are various apps and you may consider choosing from the following: Flash, Java, CSS, and Python, amongst others.
What is the Best Way to Learn App Development?
- Search for Video tutorials-: Google as well as You Tube can to a very large extent help you in this area. What this means is that you must create time to search out video tutorials that can give your practical answers on how to become an app developer. There are also other sites that have these videos for new learners like you. You must be abreast with the trend by surfing the web always to come up with a relevant source.
- Consider Enrolling In a School-: Whilst the app developers’ world have continued to nurture new breed of people, the need to commercialize the art has become necessary. This is why there are some developers who offer courses to new folks as well as the existing ones. If you think you might not really grasp from the internet, then you can consider enrolling for a two – three months courses to get the practical experience.
- Learn Java-: This is the foremost thing you have got to put into consideration when you are looking to learn app development. If you delved right straight into the app development without first learning how to get things right with the java, then you just might be putting the cart before the horse. You can get all the resources you need about learning the java from the internet as there are loads of resources available to you there. Also, you may consider reading up about the java. Once you are able to scale through this then you are on course.
- Get Acquainted With the Android Development Tutorials-: After you might have scaled through learning about the java, the next port of call would then be to get used to the android development tutorials. There are a thousand and one blog posts and guidelines that are available to you on the internet. You may also consider learning directly from an app expert. This app developer may want to charge you a fee to get hands on practical lessons on how to become an app developer. There are tutorial sites where various codes can be learnt. For instance you may turn to sites like Udemy, Envato, script tutorials and others.
- Study Other Apps-: Now that you aren’t a toss around in the industry, then you may consider picking up various other apps to see what makes them tick, as well as what mistakes have been made. This exercise is very needful as it would help you look at ways to serve your own clients as you capitalize on the weakness of other app developers to give a better product and service.
5. Continuing reading
After you may have completed your course and are certified good to go, it becomes important that you have at the back of your mind that learning is a continuous part of life. In fact, you must not relent with not reading. Keep being thirsty for information and with time you would become a pro. This is how others have learnt and you must be willing to take this path too.
You already know that practice sure makes perfect. It is for this reason that you must be ready to practice all that you have been able to garner from the lessons you have learnt based on the tips given. If you think you now know stuff about the android developing programming, then it is time to put to good use what you have learnt. This means it now is time to begin to build your own app. Does not worry if you make a few mistakes along the time, remember this is practice and so you are expected to get better as the process go by.
7. Get Started
Now that things are looking up and you are at the verge of starting out properly, then it becomes needful that you start building your own mobile app. You can do this based on the experience you have garnered at the training field, as well as through the experience of others. Hence, you may then consider paying close attention to what others have got to offer. You may consider first starting with a simple app that might not readily be a hit at first. By the time you perfect your skills then you may do the needful.
8. Develop the Real Thing
Now that you might have tried your hands on first developing a mobile app, which might not necessary be geared to being a hit, but to perfect the skills you have; the next thing to do would be to then develop the real thing. Before this is pulled off you may likely want to look at first having a detailed outline of the features, elements and benefits of the application you are looking to develop. This is so that you churn out something that would make a smash. Then you should prepare a business plan for your app development company.
9. Put Together a Team
You probably know by now that no man is an island. Well, if you do not; it probably means that you would not do all things alone by yourself. You would need the input of like minded people. So, how can you go about this, you may wonder? You can do this by telling friends, as well as close family members who have the same penchant as you do for mobile apps. Once you are able to do this, then you have a team.
10. Share ideas with your team
One of the key essences of having a team is to rub minds together by sharing ideas. Remember that this is because your team members consist of people who are in one way or the other mobile app developers. This is so that you know the steps to take, how ideas are being put in place as well as other very vital information that might be of immense help to your mobile app developing project.
11. Market Your Mobile App
After you must have taken the above steps and have gone ahead to develop your mobile app, the next thing that you must be looking to do is to tell a lot of people about what you have just developed. This is as important as you would need lots of feedback from family, friends, as well as other people on your mobile app. This is so that you can better at what you do and also know the level at which you have recorded success.
12. Keep Developing and Evolving
That you have started the development of mobile apps doesn’t mean that you relent on developing yourself. For this reason, you must continue to look for ways to evolve and develop. So therefore, you must look for conferences as well as seminars that can develop you and launch your product.
Imbibing these steps means that you are on you are on your way to being a great mobile app developer. Be reminded that you must continue to research on ways to get better at the game that you do.