Are you passionate about fitness and wellness and you want to make money off this passion? If YES, here are 50 fitness and wellness business ideas for 2020.
We all have one body to maintain for a lifetime and most people understand this and that is why they would spare no costs to take care of their bodies and maintain a perfect health. It is for this reason that the fitness and wellness industry has become a $3.4 trillion industry and one of the largest markets in the world. There are just so many business ideas to tap into in this industry and we have come up with 50 of the most lucrative ideas for you.
50 Best Fitness & Wellness Related Business ideas for 2020
1. Cosmetic Surgeon: You can offer Botox injections, facelifts, vitamin injections and other services that help to reverse the effects of aging and restore confidence in people who are unsatisfied with their looks.
2. Zumba Classes: Zumba is a popular dance workout and many people love it because it is a fun way to workout. You can set up a studio that specializes in offering Zumba classes to interested people.
3. Physical Therapist: People who have been in accidents, sustained injuries or aged people who have challenges with their bones often need the services of physical therapists to help them revive their bone muscles and make use of their limbs, hands and bodies effectively again.
You may need specialized training and certifications to be able to set up a physical therapy business however.
4. Write a Book or Informational Product on Health and Wellness: You can write an eBook or other informational products on hot wellness topics and sell them online.
5. Personal Trainer: Not everyone loves to workout in a public gym. There are a lot of people who prefer to have a personal trainer come to their home to help them workout instead. With some strategic marketing and referrals from satisfied clients, you can get a lot of clients and make good money from this business.
6. Healthy Food Party Catering: Gone are the days when only unhealthy foods were served in parties. Nowadays, party throwers often make provision for the fitfam at their parties. You can make a lot of money from setting up a catering business that serves only healthy, organic meals.
7. Spin Classes: Just like Zumba studios, you can set up a spin class studio for people who love spinning exercises.
8. Healthy Meal Delivery Services: The desire to eat healthy can sometimes be defeated by unavailability challenges where healthy meals are hard to find. Most fast food and restaurants don’t sell healthy meals hence a lot of people have to settle for what they can find around. But if you can set up a business that not only cooks healthy meals but also delivers it to people in the comfort of their homes, offices or wherever else, you would be able to solve a very important challenge and make a lot of money in the process.
9. Running or Walking Club: You can make money from setting up a subscription service for people who would be interested in joining a running or walking club for fitness purposes.
10. Meal Planning Services: People spend a lot of money buying meal plans for weight loss or fitness diets. You can create such meal plans and make money from it.
11. Powerlifting Gym: A lot of people love powerlifting exercises as it helps them build muscles. You can set up a gym that specially caters to the need of power lifters.
12. Organize Wellness Retreats and Events: You can make a lot of money from organizing wellness retreats and events where people can relax, rejuvenate and learn important tips and techniques to stay healthy and stress-free. You can offer this service to private clientele or to corporate organizations who could offer this to their employees as motivational gifts.
13. Health and Wellness Blogs: The internet is one of the most important sources of information for people these days. You can make money from offering fitness and wellness tips and advice, selling informational products on your blog and earning affiliate commission and advertisement income. You can also choose to create specialized health and wellness blogs for special diets such as Ketogenic diets, Warrior diets or any of the trending diet and wellness programs out there.
14. Yoga Studio: The relaxation and inspirational powers of Yoga are undeniable and the evidence is in the millions of people who have embraced Yoga as their favorite workout. You can never go wrong with setting up a good Yoga studio in the right location.
15. Develop a Health and Wellness APP/Software: There are a lot of mobile apps and computer software that either teaches people how to maintain optimum health or help them monitor their health such as blood sugar monitoring apps, ovulation and fertility monitoring apps etc. Such app and software developers make a lot of money from advert placements or subscriptions.
16. Nutritionist: If you have the required training and certification, you can set up a business that trains people on the best types of foods to eat and what to avoid so that they can maintain a perfect health.
17. Spa: People often need somewhere to relax and pamper themselves from time to time. You can set up a Spa with state-of-the-art facilities and sufficient relaxation space. You could also set up a mobile spa and take your services to people instead.
18. Dance Studio: Dancing is a very good and interesting way to workout. You can set up a dancing studio for dance workouts and also teach people how to dance.
19. Healthy Food Restaurant: Regular restaurants mostly don’t offer calorie counting or whole food catering services. You can set up a healthy food restaurant that offers only healthy, whole food meals, and also allow their clients to know just how many calories they are consuming in every meal.
20. Juice Bar: Health-conscious individuals now prefer juice to other types of unhealthy, sugar-filled drinks. You can set up a business that makes and sell fresh, natural fruit juice.
21. Herbalist: You can become a herbalist who grows and sells fresh herbs for healing and health maintenance to health conscious individuals.
22. Wellness Clinic: Another lucrative business idea is to set up a clinic that offers wellness services such as stress management, depression management and other specialized treatment programs. You may need specialized certifications for this business.
23. Health and Wellness Coach: You can become a personal health and wellness coach who offers certain services like depression and anxiety management, phobia management, stress management and so on. You don’t have to set up a clinic for this if you cannot afford to.
24. Selling Anti-aging and Wellness Products: The desire to look and feel young is very strong amongst Americans nowadays. Most women and even men want to look younger than their age and would spare no cost in buying any product or devices that can help them maintain a youthful look.
25. Corporate Wellness Coach: Many organizations are embracing wellness programs as a way to motivate and reward their employees. You can set up as business that offers corporate wellness services to interested organizations.
26. Natural Beauty Stores: The growing desire for organic and natural products doesn’t stop with food; a lot of people are also embracing organic beauty products such as soaps, creams and other grooming products. You can make a lot of money from selling such products either online or in a physical store.
27. Acupuncturist: Acupuncture has been proven to be effective against depression, anxiety, stress and other ailments. Setting up an acupuncture clinic is another great business idea that you can explore.
28. Health Food Stores: You can sell organic, whole food and condiments to people who prefer to cook their own healthy meals. You can also add a restaurant on the side to sell cooked meals.
29. Personal Chef: You can become a personal healthy food chef to people who love to eat healthy meals but lack the time or resources required for making such meals.
30. Workout Gear Sales: Another great business idea to consider is selling workout gear and equipment to gym owners and individuals who would love to own their own workout gear rather than depend on a public gym each time they need to use some workout equipment.
31. Specialized Chef: You can become a chef who cooks for people on special diets such as Ketogenic diets, low-calorie diets, low-fat diets and so on. It is easier for such people to stick to their diets if they can have easy stress-free access to compliant meals. You may need to throw in food delivery services for them as well.
32. Workout Clothing Sales: Selling of workout and sports clothing especially for specialized workouts like Yoga and Zumba is also lucrative. You can design your own line of workout clothing or become a retailer if you are unable to afford the resources to become a workout clothing line owner.
33. Weight loss Coach: This is one business with a very huge demand. A lot of people are desperate to shed some weight and would spare no costs to get products, professional advice and any tricks that can help them shed off the excess weight.
34. Dietary Supplement Sales: Dietary supplements are also popular. You can make a lot of money selling these offline or online. You can also set up a mobile dietary supplement sales business.
35. Massage Therapist: You can set up a massage therapy business and offer massage services to people who regularly need to let off stress.
36. Manufacturing and Sales of Essential Oils: This is a very good business especially if your products can be certified pure and natural. There is a very large market for essential oils at the moment and you can even earn a lot of money from exporting your products to other countries.
37. Anti-aging Consultant: If you know a lot of tips, tricks and products that can help reverse the aging process, you can make a lot of money from selling these ideas, tricks and techniques to other people.
38. Weight loss Product Sales: You can sell weight loss teas, tablets, coffees and herbal weight loss products that are very effective for weight management.
39. Start a Wellness Magazine or Talk show: If you have what it takes to be a good host, you can make a lot of advert revenues from starting your own health talk show or publishing a health magazine.
40. Medical Waste Disposal Business: The medical industry generates a lot of waste that can only be handled by professionals. You can purchase some of the equipment for setting up a waste disposal business that specifically caters to the needs of the medical industry.
41. Herbal Fertility Clinic: Herbal products are known to be very effective for managing infertility issues. If you have the knowledge and skills, you can set up a fertility clinic that uses only herbal products.
42. Sell Medical Marijuana: Medical marijuana is an approved pain management therapy for cancer and other serious illnesses. You can start a business that grows marijuana or makes it into consumables like cakes, cookies, candies and so on.
43. Senior Errands Service: You can set up a clinic that caters to the needs of senior citizens who are not strong enough to do their own grocery shopping, cook their own meals or run other important errands.
44. Affiliate Marketer: You can become an affiliate marketer who earns commission from selling health, fitness and wellness products online.
45. Sell Alkaline Water: Another lucrative business idea is to start your own brand of alkaline water. Alkaline water is now very popular and chosen over regular water by people who wish to reduce body acidity levels.
46. Healthy Baker: You can start a business that makes and sells baked goodies that were made using healthy ingredients and baking methods such as glazed donuts, low-calorie cakes, Pizza and so on.
47. Fitness Product Reviewing Service: There are a lot of fake weight loss and fitness products out there and you wouldn’t blame people who are skeptical about buying these products. You can set up a website or blog that specializes in reviewing fitness, wellness and weight loss products so that people can know which ones are suitable for them and which ones to stay away from.
48. Medical Transcription and Billing Services: Medical transcription is an important service in the health and wellness industry and you can easily do both works from home but you would need professional training and certification to be able to run such businesses.
49. Sell Brain Supplements: The brain is one of the most important organs in the human body and many people understand the importance of caring for their brain health. You can set up a business that specializes in selling brain supplements online or offline.
50. Start a Multilevel Marketing Program: You can start manufacturing your own brand of health and wellness and set up a multilevel marketing program so that you can make more sales, profit and get your business to an international level.