Do you want to start a food waste business and need to write a plan? If YES, here is a detailed sample food waste business plan template & FREE feasibility report.
As an aspiring entrepreneur who is looking towards starting a business in the United States, there is hardly any industry that you will pitch your business tent in that you won’t reap good returns from your investment. For example, if you decide to start a business in the waste collection industry, then you can decide to start food waste collection business.
Trust me, you are sure of making huge returns from this investment because reliable statistics shows that the waste collection industry in the united states of America raked in about billion dollars in 2019 alone.
The truth is that this market is pretty much open for new investors to come in. Although there are competitions at various levels in the industry, but if you are able to come up with a good business strategy, then you are sure of getting your own fair share of the market in the industry.
It is a fact that food waste can be reused by animal farmers or recycled to generate fertilizer or other products, and going by the green trend, the United States’ government is seriously giving support to players in the waste collection and recycling industry and as a food waste collection business, you stand a chance of benefiting from this legislature.
So, if you have decided to start a food waste collection company, then you should make sure that you carry out thorough feasibility studies and market survey.
Business plan is yet another very important business document that you should not take for granted when launching your own business. Below is a sample food waste collection business plan template that will help you write yours without much stress.
A Sample Food Waste Collection Business Plan Template
1. Industry Overview
Food waste is food that is lost during any of the four stages of the food supply chain: (1) producers, (2) processors, (3) retailers, and (4) consumers.
The United Nation defines food waste (which is a component of food loss) as any removal of food from the food supply chain which is or was at some point fit for human consumption, or which has spoiled or expired, mainly caused by economic behavior, poor stock management or neglect.
Food waste collection business falls under the waste collection services industry and companies that operate in the industry consists of residential waste collection, recyclable material collection, transfer and storage facility, nonresidential waste collection, hazardous waste collection and C & D site waste collection. It is important to state that this industry does not account for government-provided services of a similar nature.
A close study of the industry shows that the Waste Collection Services industry has benefited from the recovery of the industrial, construction, food processing, food production and commercial business sectors. As these sectors expand, it is natural for them to produce more waste.
So also, steady demand from the residential market has helped stabilize the overall revenue generated by the waste collection industry. Going forward, the demand for waste collection services will continue to be driven by population growth, privatization and business creation.
Additionally, the industry will benefit from the public’s growing interest in the recycling industry. The companies holding the largest market share in Waste Collection Services in the US include Waste Management Inc., Republic Services Inc. and Waste Connections Inc.
Statistics has it that in the United States of America alone, there are about 12,153 licensed and registered waste collection companies scattered around the country responsible for employing about 226,430 people. The industry rakes in a whooping sum of $53 billion annually (bench marked in 2019) with an annual growth rate projected at 2.1 percent within 2014 and 2019.
A recent report published by IBISWORLD shows that the distribution of establishments in the Waste Collection Services industry across the United States largely reflects the size and distribution of the US population and economic activity.
Densely populated areas that are particularly economically active tend to generate large quantities of waste, necessitating the presence of greater number of industry establishments.
The report further stated that other factors that contribute to the relative concentration of industry establishments in a geographic location include the structure of the local economy and the commitment to and level of recycling. Some industries, particularly the service sector, generate relatively little waste.
Starting and operating a food waste collection company can be challenging, but the truth is that it can be rewarding at the same time. One good thing about the industry is that it is open for both big time investors who have the capacity to start the business with fleet of food waste collection trucks and aspiring entrepreneurs who may want to start with just one truck.
2. Executive Summary
Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company is a registered and licensed waste collection company with bias in the collection of food waste. The company will be based in Overland Park – Kansas. We have been able to secure all the relevant licenses and permits to operate as a standard food waste collection company in the United States.
We will ensure that we abide by the rules and regulations guiding the industry and we will only hire experienced and qualified drivers with valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) to handle our trucks.
We are in business to collect food wastes from farmers and food producers, food processing companies, food retailers, and consumers (households and restaurants et al) and then supply the food to animal farms for feeding animals and recycle the waste food to produce other useful products such as organic and inorganic fertilizer, biomass energy and fuel amongst others.
We will provide daily services all around Overland Park – Kansas and neighboring cities. Our customers can be rest assured that they will get quality services at competitive rates. We will go the extra mile to ensure the safety of waste food under our care.
At Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company our goal is to provide excellent service to our customers and we pride ourselves on the integrity and competence of our company and our employees. Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company will ensure that all our waste pick – ups are on time and we supersede the expectation of our customers.
We will only put trucks that are in top shape on the road, and all our cleaners and drivers will be trained to be extra careful, pay attention to details, be courteous, friendly and to abide by the rules and regulations of the industry. We will take proper care of our cleaners and drivers as well as our trucks and equipment.
We are quite optimistic that our values and quality of service offering will help us drive our food waste collection business to enviable heights and also help us attract the numbers of clients that will make the business highly profitable.
We are a company that will be dedicated to establishing good business relationship with our clients giving them value for their money and reasons for them to hire our services over and over again.
We are quite aware that in order to become the number one choice in our city, we must continue to deliver quality services.
We are open to the use of latest technology in the industry. No doubt our excellent customer service and the quality of services we offer will position us to always welcome repeated customers and handle massive deals from both government agencies and industrial giants.
Our client’s best interest will always come first, and everything we do will be guided by our values and professional ethics. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting our client’s needs precisely and completely.
Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company is a family business that is owned by Alex Bryant and his immediate family members.
Alex Bryant is an astute investor who has interest in the Waste Collection Services industry. He has a diploma in Waste Management and a Degree in Industrial Engineering from Auburn University and MBA from Duke University with over 17 years’ experience in the Waste Collection industry.
3. Our Products and Services
Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the waste collection industry.
We want to compete favorably with leading food waste collection companies in the United States which is why we have put in place a competent quality assurance team that will ensure that every service carried out by us meets and even surpasses our customers’ expectations.
Our service offerings are listed below;
- Food waste collection from food producers, food processors, food retailers and food consumers
- Supplying food waste as animal feeds to animal farmers
- Recycling food waste to produce organic and inorganic fertilizers, biomass energy and fuel.
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our Vision is to become one of the preferred choices when it comes to the demand for food waste collection and disposal services in the whole of Overland Park – Kansas and neighboring cities.
- Our mission is to ensure that we build a successful food waste collection company that will operate in the whole of the United States of America; a company that will grow to become one of the top 10 food waste collection companies in the whole of the United States of America and a company whose recycled food waste products will be in high demand in the agriculture sector.
Our Business Structure
Our business will be designed in such a way that it can accommodate both full – time employees and part – time staff.
We intend starting the business with a handful of full – time employees (waste truck drivers, professional cleaners, recycle plant operators and back office staff). Adequate provision and competitive packages have been prepared for all our employees.
At Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company we will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, hardworking, creative, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more as agreed by the board of trustees of the company.
For now, we will contract the maintenance of our trucks to a service provider, we don’t intend to maintain a very large overhead from the onset. But as soon as the business grows and stabilizes, we will assemble our own in-house maintenance team. Below is the business structure and the roles that will be available at Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company;
- Chief Operating Officer (Owner)
- Admin and HR Manager
- Transport and Logistics Manager
- Marketing and Sales Executive (Business Developer)
- Food Waste Collectors / Recycle Plant Operators
- Waste Truck Drivers
- Customer Services Executive / Front Desk Officer
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Operating Officer (Owner):
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Accountable for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
Transport and Logistics Manager
- Responsible for coordinating drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys
- Answerable for operating IT systems
- Responsible for negotiating and agreeing contracts
- In charge of developing and confirming schedules
- Answerable for preparing paperwork for regulatory bodies
- Responsible for liaising and managing staff
- Responsible for implementing health and safety standards
- In charge of planning routes and load scheduling
- Responsible for booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Responsible for allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Directs all transportation activities.
- Develops transportation relationships.
- Responsible for monitoring transport costs.
Admin and HR Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Regularly hold meetings with key stakeholders to review the effectiveness of HR Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for arranging travel, meetings and appointments
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office activities.
Marketing and Sales Executives (Business Developers)
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new clients (farmers and food producers, food processing companies, food retailers, and food consumers (households and restaurants et al), and business opportunities et al
- Writes winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with organizations’ policy
- Responsible for handling business research, market surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company. in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managers with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risk analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Accountable for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the company
- Serves as internal auditor for the company
Food Waste Truck Drivers
- Assists in loading and unloading food waste and related recycled food waste products
- Maintains a logbook of their driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods for operators.
- Keeps a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment, such as hazardous material placards.
- Assists the transport and logistics manager in planning their route according to a pick – up and delivery schedule.
- Inspects vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Complies with waste truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Collects and verifies delivery instructions
- Reports defects, accidents or violations
Food waste Collectors and Recycle Plant Operators
- Responsible for the collection of food waste from pick up locations (farmers and food producers, food processing companies, food retailers, and food consumers (households and restaurants et al)
- Serve as assistant to the waste truck driver
- Operates recycle machines used in the production and packaging of organic and inorganic fertilizers, biomass energy and fuel
- Handles any other duty as assigned by the transport and logistics manager.
Customer Service Officer
- Welcomes clients and visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the HR manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to potential clients when they make enquiries
- Receives parcels/documents for the company
- Distributes mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned by the human resources and admin manager.
6. SWOT Analysis
Going by our vision, our mission and the kind of business we want to setup, we don’t have any other option than to follow due process. Following due process involves hiring business consultant to help us conduct SWOT analysis for our business.
Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company hired the services of a seasoned business consultant with bias in startups in the U.S. to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to guide us in formulating other business strategies that will help us grow our business.
Here is a summary from the result of the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company.
Our strength is centered around strong management and strong fleet operations. Our food waste collection network serves some of the largest population centers and food producers and processors in Overland Park – Kansas. Our business is located in a densely populated farming community and residential estate in Overland Park – Kansas.
Another strength that counts for us is the power of our team; our workforce and management. We have a team that are considered experts in the waste collection services industry, a team of hardworking and dedicated individuals.
Our weakness could be lack of finance, high debt burden, cost structure, lack of scale compared to our peers who have already gained ground in the industry.
As a new food waste collection company, we may not have the financial muscle to sustain the kind of publicity we want to give our business. As a new business, we are also quite aware that it will take time for us to build trust with our clients.
The opportunities that are available to us as a food waste collection company in the United States are new services, new technology, and of course the opening of new markets.
We are centrally located in one of the busiest farming communities in Overland Park – Kansas and we are open to all the available opportunities that the city has to offer. Our business concept also positioned us to be the preferred choice in Overland Park – Kansas.
The truth is that there are no standard food waste collection company where ours is going to be located; the closest food waste collection company to our proposed location is about 15 miles away. In a nutshell, we do not have any direct competition within our target market area.
Some of the threats that we are likely going to face are mature markets, bad economy (economy downturn), stiff competition, volatile costs, and rising fuel prices.
Other threats that are likely going to confront Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company is unfavorable government policies, seasonal fluctuations, demographic/social factors, downturn in the economy which is likely going to affect consumer spending and of course emergence of new competitors within the same location where ours is located.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
The market trends as it involves the waste collection industry is indeed dynamic and challenging. But one thing is certain, once a waste collection and disposal company can gain credibility, it will be much easier for the company to secure permanent deals / contracts with big time food producing and processing companies.
Latest trends show that the Waste Collection industry has benefited from the recycling of food waste to produce organic and inorganic fertilizers, biomass energy and fuel. As these sectors expands, it is natural for them to produce more of these products.
So also, steady demand from the residential market has helped stabilize the overall revenue generated by the waste collection services industry.
Going forward, the demand for food waste collection services will continue to be driven by population growth, privatization and business creation. Additionally, the industry will benefit from the public’s growing interest in the recycling industry.
8. Our Target Market
Before starting our food waste collection company, we are certain that there is a wide range of businesses who cannot successfully dispose their food wastes without hiring the services of food waste collection companies. We will ensure that we develop strategic pacts with them.
This will give us several options to generate revenue for our company. We have conducted our market research and survey and we will ensure that all our food waste collection services are well accepted in the market place. Below is a list of the people and organizations that we have specifically market our services to;
- Farmers (for collection of food waste and for supplying of organic and inorganic fertilizer, animal feeds et al)
- Food retailers such as farmer’s market, groceries stores, supermarkets, restaurants, food trucks, hotels and caterers et al
- Food processors and food production companies
- Manufacturing companies that make use of biomass energy and fuel
Our Competitive Advantage
Our major competitive advantage is the vast industry experience and solid reputation of our owner, Alex Bryant. We were able to highlight some factors that will give us competitive advantage in the marketplace;
Some of the factors are trust, honesty, good food waste collection network, reliable recycled food waste products and excellent relationship management, strong management, strong fleet operations, our size advantage, cost advantage, customer loyalty and strong reputation amongst domestic industry players.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and objectives.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
The marketing strategy for Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company is going to be driven basically by professionalism, excellent customer service, honesty and quality service delivery.
We will ensure that we build a loyal customer base. We want to drive sales via the output of our jobs and via referral from our satisfied customers. We are quite aware of how satisfied customers drive business growth especially businesses like ours.
Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company is strategically located and we are going to maximize the opportunities that are available to us which is why we spent more to locate the business in a location that will be visible.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be well equipped to meet their targets and the overall goal of Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company.
Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company is set to make use of the following marketing and sales strategies to attract clients;
- Introduce our food waste collection business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to farmers, food producing and processing companies, food retailers, households and other key stake holders in Overland Park – Kansas
- Print out fliers and business cards and strategically drop them in offices, libraries, public facilities and train stations et al.
- Use friends and family to spread word about our business
- Post information about our company and the services and products we offer on bulletin boards in places like schools, libraries, and local coffee shops et al
- Place a small or classified advertisement in the newspaper, or local publication about our company and the services we offer
- Leverage on referral networks such as agencies that will attract clients who would need our services
- Advertise our food waste collection company in relevant magazines, newspapers, TV and radio stations.
- Attend relevant expos, seminars, and business fairs et al to market our services
- Engage in direct marketing approach
- Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing from loyal and satisfied students
- Join local chambers of commerce and industry to market our services.
Sources of Income
Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company will ensure that we leverage on our strength and the opportunities available to us in the U.S. market to generate enough income that will help us drive the business to stability. Below are the sources we intend exploring to generate income for Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company;
- Food waste collection and hauling from food producers, food processors, food retailers and food consumers
- Supplying food waste as animal feeds to animal farmers and landfills locations
- Recycling food waste to produce organic and inorganic fertilizers, biomass energy and fuel.
10. Sales Forecast
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Overland Park – Kansas and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first month or operation and grow the business and clientele beyond Overland Park to other cities in the state of Kansas.
We have been able to examine the waste collection services industry and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. Below are the sales projection for Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company, it is based on the location of our business and our competitive advantage;
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): $290,000
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): $430,000
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): $650,000
N.B: This projection was done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor offering same food waste collection and recycling services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Any business that wants to grow beyond the corner of the street they are operating from must be ready to utilize every available means to promote the business. We intend growing our business beyond Overland Park – Kansas which is why we have perfected plans to build our brand via every available means.
We have been able to work with our brand and publicity consultants to help us map out publicity and advertising strategies that will help us walk our way into the hearts of our target market. Below are the platforms Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company intend leveraging on to promote and advertise the business;
- Place adverts on both print (newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community based events/programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Google + et al to promote our services
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations all around Overland Park – Kansas
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- List our company in local directories / yellow pages
- Advertise our company in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site.
- Ensure that all our staff members wear our branded shirts and all our waste collection trucks are well branded with our company logo et al.
12. Our Pricing Strategy
Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company has a lease arrangement with various companies and the company’s pricing is based on miles per thousands of tons of food waste collected and transported. We have perfected plans to charge competitive rates since we have minimal overhead compared to our competition in the industry.
We will ensure that we leverage on price to win over customers; our prices will be affordable and negotiable. The fact that our business door is open to both individuals and corporations means that we will have different price range for different category of clients.
As the business grow, we will continue to review our pricing system to accommodate a wide range of clientele and we will ensure that the prices of our recycled products are pegged at the average price in the industry.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company LLC is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via mobile money
- Payment via Point of Sales Machines (POS Machines)
- Payment via check
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our clients make payment for our services.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
Starting a food waste collection business that also has food waste recycling plant is indeed capital intensive hence an entrepreneur needs to pool cash together or welcome investors to partner with you. Although the capital needed to set up an office structure for such business might not be expensive, but the running capital of the business is always the real deal.
You would need huge capital base to finance the purchase of acceptable waste truck and also to fuel and maintain your trucks. This is what it would cost us to start Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company in the United of America;
- The total fee for incorporating the business in the United States of America – $750.
- The budget for liability insurance, permits and license – $5,500
- The amount needed to acquire a suitable office facility with enough parking space for our waste collection trucks and recycling plant in Overland Park – Kansas for 6 months (construction of a standard recycling plant inclusive) – $100,000.
- The amount required to finance the purchase of the first set of waste collection trucks – $100,000
- The cost for equipping the office (computers, printers, fax machines, furniture, telephones, filing cabins, safety gadgets and electronics et al): $5,000
- The cost for accounting software, CRM software and Payroll Software – $3,000
- Other start-up expenses including stationery – $1000
- Phone and Utilities (gas, sewer, water and electric) deposits – ($3,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $120,000
- The cost for launching our official website: $600
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al): $2,500
Going by the report from the market research and feasibility studies conducted, we will need about four hundred thousand (450,000) U.S. dollars to successfully set up a medium scale but standard food waste collection company in the United States of America.
Generating Funds/Startup Capital for Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company
Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company is set to start as a private business that will be solely owned by Mr. Alex Bryant and his immediate family members. He will be the sole financier of the company but may likely welcome other business partners when need for expansion arises.
These are the areas we intend generating our startup capital for our business;
- Generate part of the startup capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from the bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $100,000 (Personal savings – $80,000 and soft loan from family members – $80,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $350,000 from our bank. All the papers and documents have been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of a business lies in the number of loyal customers that they have, the capacity and competence of their employees, their investment strategy and business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business closes shop.
One of our major goals of starting Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to offer our food waste collection services a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Food Reuse® Food Waste Collection Company will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and retraining of our workforce is at the top burner of our business strategy.
We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Incorporation: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Acquiring of trucks and relevant food waste disposal equipment and recycling plant: In progress
- Leasing of Operational Facility in Overland Park – Kansas: Completed
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Startup Capital Generation: Completed
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents: In Progress
- Design of The Company’s Logo: Completed
- Printing of Promotional Materials: Completed
- Recruitment of employees and drivers: In Progress
- Purchase of the needed furniture, office equipment, electronic appliances and facility facelift: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business (Business PR): In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with key players in the industry in the food supply chain such as food producers, food processors, food retailers, and food consumers and also users of recycled food waste products: Completed