A glamping business refers to an enterprise that provides luxury or glamorous camping experiences for individuals or groups who want to enjoy the great outdoors without sacrificing comfort and convenience.
The term “glamping” is a combination of “glamorous” and “camping,” and it aims to offer an elevated camping experience that goes beyond traditional tents and basic amenities. The target audience for glamping businesses includes travelers seeking unique and immersive experiences in nature while enjoying modern comforts.
Glamping is particularly popular among individuals who want to reconnect with nature, celebrate special occasions, or simply unwind in a serene and picturesque setting without compromising on luxury.
Steps on How to Write a Glamping Business Plan
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. is a premier glamping business located in Short Hills, New Jersey, offering a unique and luxurious outdoor experience for nature enthusiasts and travelers seeking comfort and adventure.
Our company aims to provide an exceptional glamping experience, blending the tranquility of nature with the indulgence of upscale amenities. Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. aims to revolutionize the glamping experience in Short Hills, New Jersey, by offering unparalleled luxury, exceptional service, and unforgettable adventures.
With a strong vision, unique offerings, and a strategic marketing approach, we are poised for success in this rapidly growing market.
a. Our Products and Services
Luxury Accommodations: Our glamping site has a selection of beautifully appointed tents, yurts, and treehouses, each equipped with plush bedding, stylish interiors, and private outdoor spaces.
Modern Amenities: Guests can enjoy private bathrooms with hot showers, running water, and eco-friendly toiletries, ensuring a luxurious stay in the midst of nature.
Gourmet Dining: We offer a culinary delight with gourmet meals prepared using locally sourced ingredients and catered to individual preferences.
Recreational Activities: Dovely Dove® Glamping organizes guided hiking tours, wildlife experiences, and adventure activities to provide guests with a memorable outdoor adventure.
b. Nature of the Business
The nature of the glamping business is a combination of hospitality, outdoor recreation, and luxury travel.
c. The Industry
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. will operate in the broader hospitality and travel industry. More specifically, it falls under the niche category of “alternative accommodations” within the hospitality sector.
d. Mission Statement
At Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc., our mission is to provide a one-of-a-kind glamping experience that harmoniously blends the serenity of nature with the luxury of upscale accommodations. We strive to create a haven where guests can unwind, rejuvenate, and forge cherished memories, all while immersing themselves in the beauty of the natural world.
e. Vision Statement
Our vision at Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. is to be recognized as the premier glamping destination in Short Hills, New Jersey, and beyond. We aim to set new industry standards by offering a diverse selection of unique and elegantly designed accommodations that evoke a sense of wonder and enchantment.
f. Our Tagline (Slogan)
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. – “Where Nature Embraces Luxury”
g. Legal Structure of the Business (LLC, C Corp, S Corp, LLP)
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. will be formed as a Limited Liability Company, LLC.
h. Our Organizational Structure
- Chief Operating Officer (Owner)
- Facility Manager
- Accountant (Cashier)
- Marketing and Sales Officer
- Support Staff
- Customer Care Executive
i. Ownership/Shareholder Structure and Board Members
- Dennis Robinson (Owner and Chairman/Chief Executive Officer) 51 Percent Shares
- Prince Philips (Board Member) 19 Percent Shares
- Emma Barnabas (Board Member) 10 Percent Shares
- Richie Smith (Board Member) 10 Percent Shares
- Kate Milton (Board Member and Secretary) 10 Percent Shares.
- Dovely Dove® Glamping offers a diverse range of luxurious and stylish accommodations, setting it apart from traditional camping and other hospitality options.
- Situated in the picturesque surroundings of Short Hills, New Jersey, the glamping site benefits from its proximity to nature and access to a high-end demographic.
- The company prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service, tailoring experiences to meet individual preferences, and ensuring a memorable stay for guests.
- Dovely Dove® Glamping emphasizes sustainability and responsible tourism, appealing to eco-conscious travelers and aligning with the growing trend towards eco-tourism.
- With a range of guided outdoor adventures and activities, the business provides guests with a well-rounded glamping experience and opportunities for exploration and fun.
- Glamping accommodations may have limited capacity compared to larger hotels or resorts, potentially leading to restricted availability during peak seasons.
- Glamping experiences are weather-dependent, and adverse weather conditions could impact guest satisfaction and overall revenue.
- The luxury nature of glamping accommodations might result in higher pricing, potentially limiting the target market to affluent travelers.
- The glamping industry is experiencing steady growth, driven by the increasing demand for unique and immersive travel experiences among a wide range of travelers.
- Collaborating with local tour operators, event planners, and travel agencies can enhance brand visibility and attract a broader clientele.
- Introducing seasonal packages or themed experiences can attract new customers and encourage repeat visits throughout the year.
i. How Big is the Industry?
The glamping industry is not a big industry, but it is a significant subset of the broader hospitality and travel industry.
ii. Is the Industry Growing or Declining?
The glamping industry was experiencing significant growth and gaining popularity worldwide. It was was estimated to be worth several billion dollars globally, and it was projected to continue expanding. The increasing interest in experiential and nature-based travel, along with the rise in eco-tourism and sustainable travel trends, contributed to the industry’s growth.
iii. What are the Future Trends in the Industry?
The emphasis on sustainability and eco-conscious travel is likely to continue as travelers become more environmentally aware. Glamping businesses are expected to implement eco-friendly practices, such as using renewable energy sources, minimizing waste, and supporting local communities.
Glamping sites may incorporate wellness-focused activities, such as yoga, meditation, spa services, and nature walks, to cater to travelers seeking relaxation and holistic experiences.
While glamping aims to provide a disconnect from urban life, technology integration may focus on enhancing guest experiences through smart amenities, mobile apps for bookings and on-site activities, and sustainable technology solutions.
Continued innovation in glamping structures and designs, such as floating tents, underwater accommodations, and augmented reality experiences, may emerge to attract travelers seeking novelty and exclusivity. Efforts may be made to ensure that glamping experiences are more accessible and inclusive for people with disabilities, making outdoor experiences available to a broader audience.
iv. Are There Existing Niches in the Industry?
No, there are no niche ideas when it comes to the glamping line of business.
v. Can You Sell a Franchise of Your Business in the Future?
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. has plans to sell franchises in the near future and we will target major cities with growing working-class demography in the United States of America.
- Dovely Dove® Glamping faces competition from other glamping businesses, as well as traditional hotels and resorts offering similar luxury and outdoor experiences.
- Economic downturns or uncertainties may lead to reduced travel and discretionary spending, potentially affecting the business’s revenue.
- Natural disasters or environmental changes in the area could disrupt operations and impact the guest experience.
i. Who are the Major Competitors?
- Under Canvas
- Collective Retreats
- The Resort at Paws Up
- Glamping Hub
- Terra Glamping
- Ventana Big Sur
- Firelight Camps
- The Ranch at Rock Creek
- Moab Under Canvas
- Treebones Resort
- El Cosmico
- Westgate River Ranch Resort & Rodeo
- Sandy Pines Campground
- Dunton River Camp
- Savage River Lodge
- Nightfall Camp
- Bull Hill Guest Ranch
- Mendocino Grove.
ii. Is There a Franchise for Glamping Business?
No, there are no franchise opportunities for the glamping business.
iii. Are There Policies, Regulations, or Zoning Laws Affecting the Glamping Business?
Glamping businesses in the United States are subject to various policies, regulations, and zoning laws that could vary significantly depending on the state, county, or municipality where the business operates.
Many jurisdictions have specific zoning regulations that dictate where and how glamping businesses can operate. Zoning laws may restrict the types of accommodations allowed in certain areas, dictate building codes, and establish minimum distance requirements from certain features like water bodies or residential areas.
Glamping sites situated in ecologically sensitive areas may need to adhere to environmental regulations to protect the local ecosystem and wildlife. Compliance with waste management, water usage, and energy conservation practices may be required.
Glamping businesses providing food services must comply with health and sanitation standards set by relevant authorities. Some locations may have specific regulations or incentives for businesses that promote sustainable practices and conservation efforts.
a. Who is Your Target Audience?
i. Age Range
The primary age range of the target audience is likely to be between 25 and 55 years old. This demographic includes young professionals, couples, families, and mature travelers seeking memorable experiences.
ii. Level of Education
The target audience is likely to have a diverse educational background, ranging from high school graduates to individuals with advanced degrees.
iii. Income Level
The income level of the target audience at Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. is likely to be predominantly middle to high-income.
iv. Ethnicity: Dovely Dove® Glamping aims to cater to a diverse clientele, welcoming guests of all ethnic backgrounds and cultures.
The primary language for communication and services at Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. is English. However, multilingual staff may be available to cater to international guests.
vi. Geographical Location
The primary geographical location is Short Hills, New Jersey, and its surrounding areas, attracting both local and domestic travelers. The business may also appeal to travelers from other parts of the United States and international visitors seeking a luxury glamping experience.
The target audience embraces a lifestyle characterized by a desire for unique experiences, an appreciation for nature, and a preference for luxury and upscale amenities. They are likely to be adventurous, environmentally conscious, and willing to invest in exclusive travel experiences.
b. Advertising and Promotion Strategies
- Host Themed Events That Catch the Attention of Potential Clients.
- Tap Into Text Marketing.
- Use FOMO to Run Photo Promotions.
- Share Your Events in Local Groups and Pages.
- Turn Your Social Media Channels into a Resource
- Develop Your Business Directory Profiles
- Build Relationships with the travel and tours industry, hotel and hospitality industry, and related organizations in our Area
i. Traditional Marketing Strategies
- Marketing through Direct Mail.
- Print Media Marketing – Newspapers & Magazines.
- Broadcast Marketing -Television & Radio Channels.
- OOH Marketing – Public Transit like Buses and Trains, Billboards, Street shows, and Cabs.
- Leverage direct sales, direct mail (postcards, brochures, letters, fliers), tradeshows, print advertising (magazines, newspapers, coupon books, billboards), referral (also known as word-of-mouth marketing), radio, and television.
ii. Digital Marketing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing Platforms.
- Influencer Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
- Content Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Mobile Marketing.
iii. Social Media Marketing Plan
- Start using chatbots.
- Create a personalized experience for each of our clients.
- Create an efficient content marketing strategy.
- Create a community for our freelance marketers and influencers.
- Gear up our profiles with a diverse content strategy.
- Use brand advocates.
- Create profiles on relevant social media channels.
- Run cross-channel campaigns.
c. Pricing Strategy
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. will adopt the following pricing strategies:
- Cost-Plus Pricing
- Value-Based Pricing
- Competitive Pricing
- Dynamic Pricing
- Bundle Pricing
Sales and Distribution Plan
a. Sales Channels
Our channel sales strategy will involve using partners and third parties—such as referral partners, affiliate partners, freelance marketers, and social media influencers to help refer clients to us.
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. will also leverage the 4 Ps of marketing which is the place, price, product, and promotion. By carefully integrating all these marketing strategies into a marketing mix, we can have a visible, in-demand service.
b. Inventory Strategy
The fact that we will need supplies per time means that Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. will operate an inventory strategy that is based on a day-to-day methodology for ordering, maintaining, and processing items in our warehouse. We will develop our strategy with the same thoroughness and attention to detail as we would if we were creating an overall strategy for the business.
c. Payment Options for Customers
- Bank Transfers
- Credit or Debit Card
- Electronic Payment Systems such as PayPal or Venmo.
d. Return Policy, Incentives, and Guarantees
Return Policy: At Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc., we understand that plans can change, and we aim to provide flexibility to our guests. Our return policy is designed to ensure guest satisfaction while also considering the operational needs of our business.
- Guests may cancel their reservations up to a specified number of days before their scheduled arrival date to receive a full or partial refund, depending on the notice period provided.
- A reasonable cancellation fee may be applicable for cancellations made within a certain timeframe to cover administrative and processing costs.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or events beyond the control of either the guest or Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. (such as natural disasters, extreme weather, or government-imposed restrictions), we will work with guests to reschedule their stay or offer a full refund.
- We offer a loyalty rewards program where guests earn points for each stay, which can be redeemed for future discounts, complimentary upgrades, or exclusive experiences.
- Guests who book their glamping experience in advance are eligible for special early booking discounts, encouraging them to plan ahead.
- We incentivize our guests to refer friends and family to Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. by offering referral rewards, such as discounts or free upgrades, for successful referrals.
- We guarantee the highest standards of cleanliness, comfort, and luxury in all our glamping accommodations.
- The safety and security of our guests are paramount. We maintain compliance with safety regulations and implement measures to ensure a secure and worry-free experience.
- As part of our commitment to sustainability, we guarantee that our operations adhere to eco-friendly practices and minimize the environmental impact of our glamping site.
e. Customer Support Strategy
Our customer support strategy will involve ensuring that clients can contact our office through multiple communication channels, such as email, phone, and social media. We will also make sure that all contact information is clearly displayed on the business’s website and promotional materials.
We will foster a culture of putting clients first, where staff are trained to listen actively and empathize with clients’ needs. We will encourage staff to go the extra mile to ensure clients feel valued and supported. We will implement a CRM system to manage client data, track appointments, and follow-up activities.
- Our operational plan will involve offering a diverse range of luxury glamping accommodations, including stylish tents, yurts, treehouses, and modern cabins, each designed for comfort and relaxation.
- Ensure accommodations are well-maintained, clean, and equipped with upscale amenities, providing a seamless blend of nature and luxury.
- Create private outdoor spaces for each accommodation, allowing guests to connect with nature in their own tranquil setting.
- Implement an efficient reservation system, allowing guests to book accommodations and activities seamlessly through various channels, including the website and mobile apps.
a. What Happens During a Typical Day at a Glamping Business?
During a typical day at a glamping business, several activities and tasks take place to ensure guests have a memorable and seamless experience. Throughout the day, staff members at the glamping business work diligently to ensure the smooth operation of the site, attending to guest needs, and providing exceptional service.
b. Production Process
There is no production process when it comes to a business.
c. Service Procedure
The service procedure at Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. is carefully designed to provide guests with an exceptional and seamless glamping experience. Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. aims to provide a seamless and personalized service procedure, where guests can immerse themselves in the beauty of nature while enjoying luxury accommodations and attentive hospitality.
d. The Supply Chain
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. sources materials and products from various suppliers and local producers. This includes glamping accommodations, furniture, amenities, and other necessities. Logistics companies handle the transportation of materials and products from suppliers to the glamping site. This includes both raw materials and finished goods.
The construction and installation team is responsible for assembling glamping accommodations, such as tents, yurts, treehouses, and cabins.
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. collaborates with local food and beverage providers to offer gourmet meals made from locally sourced ingredients. Suppliers may include local farms, bakeries, and specialty food producers. Overall, Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. relies on a network of suppliers, service providers, and partners to deliver an exceptional glamping experience.
The supply chain ensures that the glamping site is well-equipped, the staff is well-supported, and guests receive the best of nature, luxury, and hospitality throughout their stay.
e. Sources of Income
The primary source of income for Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. is the revenue generated from renting out luxury glamping accommodations, such as tents, yurts, treehouses, and cabins. The on-site dining area or restaurant offers gourmet meals made from locally sourced ingredients.
Income is generated from the sales of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and potentially packed meals for guests’ activities. Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. will also offer guests a range of guided outdoor activities, such as hiking, wildlife tours, and adventure sports. Income is generated from activity fees paid by guests who participate in these experiences.
a. Amount Needed to Start Our Glamping Business?
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. would need an estimate of $750,000 to successfully set up our glamping business in the United States of America. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all our staff for the first month of operation.
b. What are the costs involved?
- Business Registration Fees – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits – $7,300.
- Marketing, Branding, and Promotions – $2,000.
- Business Consultant Fee – $2,500.
- Insurance – $1,400.
- Rent/Lease – $350,000.
- Other start-up expenses include commercial satellite TV subscriptions, stationery ($500), and phone and utility deposits ($2,800).
- Operational Cost (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $70,000
- start-up inventory – $20,000
- Store Equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $4,750
- Equipment and maintenance – $250,000
- Website: $600
- Opening party: $3,000
- Miscellaneous: $20,000
c. Do You Need to Build a Facility? If YES, How Much Will It Cost?
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. will not initially build a new facility for our glamping business; we intend to start with a long-term lease and after 5 years, we will start the process of acquiring our own facility.
e. What are the Ongoing Expenses for Running a Glamping Business?
- Rent or lease payments
- Utilities such as electricity, gas, water, and other utilities needed to operate the facility
- Equipment maintenance
- Staff salaries.
- Marketing and advertising
- Expenses for housekeeping services to clean and prepare accommodations for new guests.
- The cost of sourcing food ingredients, preparing meals, and providing dining services for guests.
- Taxes and permits
- Credit card processing fees
f. What is the Average Salary of your Staff?
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner) – $65,000 per year
- Facility Manager – $48,000 per year
- Administrative Officer (Cashier) – $35,000 per year
- Marketing and Sales Officer – $35,000 per year
- Support Staff – $45,000 per year
- Customer Care Executive – $28,396 per year
g. How Do You Get Funding to Start a Glamping Center Business?
- Raising money from personal savings and sale of personal stocks and properties
- Applying for a loan from your bank/banks
- Pitching our business idea and applying for business grants and seed funding from the government, donor organizations, and angel investors
- Source for soft loans from our family members and friends.
a. How Much Should You Charge for Your Product/Service?
Budget-Friendly Glamping: Prices for budget-friendly glamping accommodations can start as low as $50 to $150 per night. These may include basic tents or rustic cabins with shared facilities and fewer amenities.
Mid-Range Glamping: Mid-range glamping accommodations typically range from $150 to $300 per night.
Luxury Glamping: Luxury glamping experiences can range from $300 to well over $1,000 per night.
b. Sales Forecast?
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): $460,000
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): $700,000
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): $1 million
c. Estimated Profit You Will Make a Year?
- First Fiscal Year (FY1): (20% of revenue generated)
- Second Fiscal Year (FY2): (25% of revenue generated)
- Third Fiscal Year (FY3): (30% of revenue generated)
d. Profit Margin of a Glamping Product/Service
The ideal profit margin we hope to make at Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. will be between 20 and 30 percent on service charges.
a. How do you intend to grow and expand? By opening more retail outlets/offices or selling a franchise?
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. will grow our glamping business by first opening other facilities in key cities in the United States of America within the first five years of establishing the organization and then will start selling franchises from the tenth year.
b. Where do you intend to expand to and why?
Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. plans to expand to;
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- San Francisco, California
- Miami, Florida
- Houston, Texas
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Portland, Oregon
- Los Angeles, California
- Chicago, Illinois
- New York City, New York.
The reason we intend to expand to these locations is the fact that these cities have a thriving market for glamping and related activities.
The founder of Dovely Dove® Glamping, Inc. plans to exit the business via family succession. We have positioned structures and processes in place that will help us achieve our plan of successfully transferring the business from one family member to another and from one generation to another without difficulties.
The company has successfully developed a detailed transition plan to smoothly hand over responsibilities to the new successor. This includes transferring ownership, training key personnel, and communicating with employees, customers, and suppliers about the change.