Not many grants are targeted at bartending schools, but it is safe to say that there are grant opportunities that a bartending school operator may be eligible to apply. Apart from grants, there are organizations that offer scholarships strictly for bartending schools or students who want to become professional bartenders.
So, if you are looking to start a bartending school, or you are already running a bartending school and you need grants or scholarships to support your students, you may want to consider some of the opportunities offered by the organizations listed below.
Available Grants and Scholarships for Bartending School
Bartenders Academy has a scholarship program for those who are interested in attending a bartending school. It is sponsored by the world’s leading liquor company Bartenders Academy, while partnering with the world’s largest Liquor company, Diageo, at their Northeast Headquarters.
This scholarship enables the recipient to take part in a 4-Week Life Skills Development and Bartender Training workshop that is designed to help participants successfully break into the bar industry.
Eligibility To Apply:
They are working with communities and individuals who are:
- Genuinely interested in bartending
- Have the appropriate attitude and mindset
- Are 21+
- Come from communities with historic socio-economic challenges
- Who also indicates great financial need
- Receiving state assistance for food, and shelter: EBT account holders, Section 8 Residents, and other similar programs
- Ex-felons working on re-entry or who have demonstrated successful re-entry outcomes
- Unemployed or Underemployed individuals supporting a family whose jobs/careers/or professions were significantly below median income levels.
- Have experienced serious financial hardship (such as homelessness, receiving state or federal assistance for housing)
- Who have otherwise experienced significant socio-economic challenges.
How to Apply
You can visit their official website to apply
Pell Grant is yet another organization that offers scholarships to those who are interested in becoming professional bartenders. This federal program offers a source of financing for students
A college may credit Pell Grant funds to your account, pay you directly, or use a combination of these two methods. The college must notify you in writing of the amount of the Pell Grant, and of how and when payments are made. The maximum Pell Grant for the 2017-2018 award year is $6,095.
The amount of the grant depends on your financial need and other factors, including the amount of time you attend college (whether a full academic year or less, and whether you attend full-time or part-time). You cannot receive Pell Grant funds from more than one college at a time.
To be eligible for a Pell Grant, you must:
- Be an undergraduate student who has not earned a bachelor’s degree (with some exceptions for students in post-baccalaureate teaching programs)
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program, like Crescent’s.
- Have earned a high school diploma or a GED or have completed a high school education in an approved home-school setting
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen.
How to Apply:
To apply for Pell Grants, as well as all federal, state, and some institutional financial aid programs, start with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at the bottom of this page.
You can request a paper FAFSA from the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at 800-4-FED-AID (433-3243).
Crescent School of Gaming and Bartending
Crescent School of Gaming and Bartending is one of the only bartending and casino gaming schools in the United States to be approved to accept U.S. Financial Aid.
The mission of Crescent Schools is to provide willing individuals with the technical knowledge and practical experience necessary to succeed and excel in rewarding positions in the hospitality industry.
Crescent School of Gaming and Bartending strives to instill four qualities in our students: Competence, Confidence, Proficiency, and Professional Attitude. These qualities will enable each student to grow professionally and personally.
Their aim of producing the most qualified individuals creates a wealthy resource of reliable, capable personnel and provides the industry with a competitive edge.
- If you are dependent on your parents, you will need financial information from them to complete the forms. Otherwise, you will be sharing your own financial snapshot. In awarding financial aid, the U.S. government is interested in determining four pieces of information:
- Parent or parents’ available income (if applicable)
- Student’s available income
- If you are a U.S. military veteran, you have even more options available to you to attend Crescent
How to Apply:
Applying for financial aid is a simple process. Just contact the Admissions Representative at the Crescent campus you want to attend, and Crescent School of Gaming and Bartending can walk you through the process and answer all your questions about how to pay for your tuition.
Crescent staff can answer your questions about the FAFSA form when you Use School Code: 030104. Start with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see what type of financial aid you qualify for to attend the bartending or casino gaming program at the Crescent campus of your choice.