If you own or run a dance studio or dance school, your ability to hire top notch staff members cum dance teachers will go a long way to determine not only your ability to attract students but also to retain them and also get referrals from them which is why you must take this aspect of your business seriously – that is hiring of dance teachers.
In order to hire a dance teacher, basically, you have two options; you can either place adverts on available offline and online media platforms or you as for referrals from people who are active players in the industry. The latter seems to be the best way to hiring a dance teacher.
With this method, you would have scaled through trust issue and every other issues that relates to hiring a complete stranger that you aren’t connected to in any way. But is you don’t have any recommendation from your network, then you should put up vacancy advert and welcome the public to send in their applications and then you go ahead to screen the applications, conduct interview and then hire the successful candidate.
You also have the option of contracting the hiring of a dance teacher to recruiting firms if you have the money to pay for their services and you don’t want to stress yourself. Here are 20 Important Interview Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Music Teacher for your Dance School or Dance Studio.
20 Important Interview Questions to Ask When Hiring a Dance Teacher
- Can you tell us about yourself, your qualification as a dance teacher and of course the types of training you have attended to improve your skills?
- For how long have you been a dance teacher and what styles of dance do you teach?
- What are the qualities of a successful dance instructor / teacher and can you boast of having any of them?
- Share an experience you had in dealing with a difficult student who enrolled in your dance class and how you handled the situation.
- How do you stay fit in order to perform physical activities that are required in the workplace?
- Tell us about an experience in which you analyzed dance related information and evaluated results to choose the best solution to a reoccurring problem when it comes to teaching a student a dance step.
- Share an example of when you went above and beyond the “call of duty” in your place of work and what was the reaction of your boss? (Look for answers that show the candidate is dependable.)
8. Tell us about a time when you developed your own way of doing things or were self-motivated to finish an important task without the supervision or prompting from your supervisor or boss.
- Give us an example of when you thought outside of the box. How did it help your employer?
- Share an experience in which monitoring students during dance session helped you to make suggestions which improved their performance and the ability to learn easily.
- Share an experience when you applied new technology or information in your job as a dance instructor and How did it help your company?
- What factors do you consider when scheduling dance class times? How do you ensure maximum attendance?
- Give us an experience in which you were sensitive to someone’s needs or feelings during your dance class – session and How did your helpfulness affect your work environment?
- Share with us a time when you willingly took on additional responsibilities or challenges in your place of work. How did you successfully meet all of the demands of these responsibilities? (Make sure the candidate is a self-starter and can demonstrate some initiative.).
- Describe effective program objectives, outlines, and lesson plans you have prepared for your dance class. What factors do you consider when preparing these materials?
- Please share with us a dance class activity that you are exceptionally proud of. What made it exceptional? (Look for preparation.)
- Provide us with an example of a student that needed extra help. What did you do? (Did the candidate prepare and implement an appropriate plan or program for the student?)
- What is your idea of team work? – Provide us with an experience in which conferring with other teachers helped you to plan an effective lesson promoting learning and development.
- Share with us an experience in which personal connections to coworkers or others helped you to be successful in your work. (Make sure candidate works well with others.)
- If you are employed in this organization today, what are the new initiatives that you will be bringing to the table?
- How Does Food Truck Catering Work? Food Truck Catering Model - October 21, 2020
- Pros and Cons of Having a Wedding Catered By a Food Truck? - October 20, 2020
- How to Fill Out a W9 Form for Business or LLC in 10 Steps - October 20, 2020