Are you searching for small business opportunities in Indiana, United States? Are you considering starting a business in Indiana but you simply lack ideas on what business to start? If YES, then I advice you read on as this article will help solve this problem.
Indeed, there are dozens of good business opportunities that you can consider in Indiana but we have selected some of the very best that are guaranteed to bring you a lot of profit and patronage. You can choose from any of the following smart business ideas-:
Top 10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Indiana, USA
1. Online Shoe Shop-: If there is anything the ladies love more than clothes, it is shoes. That is why a lot of popular online shoe shops like Justfab and Shoedazzle are raking in a lot of revenue. People love to buy shoes online because they can look through different options without having to go from shop to shop.
You can start an online shoe shop in Indiana not only for residents of Indiana but for everyone who has access to the internet. And if you want to make more money, consider selling shoes to all categories of people from ladies to men and children.
2. Travel Agency-: Another idea is to start a travel agency. Travel agencies are quite easy to start and could even be started from home striking out a sizable amount of start-up capital. To start your travel agency from home, what you need to do is to search for established travel agencies and become an affiliate under them.
You would be able to sell their travel packages and flight tickets after they must have trained you. As for where and how to get customers, the internet is a really good place to start.
3. IT Security Consultancy-: Almost every company in Indiana uses the internet in one way or the other or at least has a company website. And just like everything that has a positive side; Information technology also has a negative side too.
One of its negative sides is that it can be hacked and serious security breach could happen; costing the company millions in losses. This is why companies employ IT security consultants to help them ensure that such things do not happen and even if they do happen, the effects would be barely significant.
4. Dog Breeding-: You can also make a lot of money from breeding dogs. Residents of Indiana love to keep pets and usually do not mind paying good money for a pure breed dog. Now, imagine that you have several female dogs that bear you dozens of puppies yearly, that’s a whole lot of money if you are able to sell the puppies at good prices. Your major expense in this business would be the cost of feeding and grooming the dogs; every other income you make would be your profit.
5. Sports Coach-: A lot of people are born with athletic gifts but they still need to be professionally trained and groomed to make anything tangible out of those gifts. The Messi’s and Ronaldo’s of this world still had to undergo training before they could achieve success.
If you have enough money, you can start a sports training school in Indiana but if you are constrained by capital, you can become a sports coach to schools or a personal sports coach. This is a very good way to make money from a hobby you love.
6. Interior Decorator-: Residents of Indiana love good looking homes and cozy offices. You can earn good money from helping people decorate their homes and offices. You can also help to decorate schools, hotels, restaurants, clubs and a lot of public places.
Festive periods are also very good periods to make money for interior decorators; you can help churches with their Christmas decorations, decorate homes and even commercial centers for Christmas. There are really lots of opportunities for Interior Decorators but to make money, you have to learn one very important art; the art of networking.
7. Jewelry Making-: You can also earn a lot of money from jewelry making. The good thing about jewelry making is that there are lots of materials that you can use to make them, from the cheap ones to the very expensive ones.
If you do not have enough capital, you can start from making cheap fashion jewelries for ladies and young female children but if you have enough money, you can go into making of gold Jewelry, diamonds, expensive precious stones amongst others. As for how to sell your products, you can sell them on e-commerce platforms like E-bay, Amazon or on your own personal online store.
8. Property Management-: You would find out that a lot of property developers in Indiana are usually busy people who are involved in one project or the other. They develop properties, put it up for rent, and it’s on to the next project.
However, they still need their investments monitored and managed properly to prevent careless tenants from damaging them. This is where the property manager comes in; property managers earn money just from helping property owners take proper care of their investments. The good thing about this business is that you can manage dozens of properties and earn income from each one of them.
9. Solar Energy Consultant-: Energy is very important both to the individuals and business owners. The cost of energy goes a long way to determine the prices of products and services everywhere in the world. You would discover that in places where people have access to energy at cheap rates; inflation rates are lower and the prices of goods and services are reduced as well.
A lot of companies know that if they have to maintain their profits and provide their goods and services at affordable rates; they have to look for alternative sources of power that are cheaper and renewable. Solar energy is one of the cheap sources of energy that people are looking into these days and you can make a lot of money from becoming a solar energy consultant.
10. Upholstering Services-: Another cool business opportunity in Indiana is to offer upholstering services like carpet cleaning and furniture cleaning.