Are you searching for small business opportunities in Indonesia? Are you considering starting a business in Indonesia but you simply lack ideas on what business to start? If YES, then I advice you read on as this article will help solve this problem.
There is one major thing that scares people off from starting their own business-Capital. But should capital really be a constraint? Do you know that you can start your own business even if you are broke? Come with me, let me show you five ways to start your own business even when you don’t have a dime to your name.
Starting a Business in Indonesia: 5 Financing Options
- Equity Financing-: Look, not everyone has the talent, time or energy to run a business. These set of people though have the funds, don’t know how to use it. You can look for such people and convince them to invest in your business. Show them your business plan and convince them on the reasons why they should invest in your business. If you are able to convince them of the financial viability of the business and also able to prove to them that you have a personality that they can trust, it would be no time before you get people to drop the funds you need. The only problem is that you would have to concede some control of your business to the investors especially when in the decision making aspect.
- Seller-Financing-: With seller financing, you would find someone who wants to sell a business that you are interested in and get the owner to agree to a long-term payment plan. The seller would benefit from having a continuous stream of income while you would benefit from funding your business with the profits of your newly acquired business. The downside of this however, is that the cost of buying the business may be higher than what it would have cost if you were paying cash.
- Leasing-: If you are planning to start a equipment based business or a business like haulage, taxi services and the likes, you could consider leasing of vehicles or any other equipment you need so that you can spread your payment over an extended period.
- Family Business-: Another idea is to teem up with members of your family to start a business together. A lot of people like the idea of a family business and would rather invest in one than invest in other people’s businesses.
- Crowdfunding-: Crowdfunding is getting more popular and gaining edge in the business financing industry-you can tap into this innovation too and gather a pool of investors who wouldn’t mind individually investing small amounts in your business.
Now that you know that capital cannot really stop you from starting your business, what businesses should you consider in Indonesia?
Top 10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Indonesia
1. Furniture Factory-: A lot of people from Europe, America and other continents source for their furniture from Indonesia. You could start a furniture making factory which you would export to other countries for sale. You can also start a furniture remodeling business which involves getting broken or old furniture and remodeling them for sale.
2. Hotels-: A lot of expatriates, visitors and business tourists visit Indonesian regularly. This leaves enough room for people who want to invest in the tourism industry to make money. You can make money from starting your own hotel to provide accommodation to visitors or start an online hotel marketing service where people can book for hotels prior their visit to Indonesia.
3. Beef Processing and Packaging-: Another business idea that would definitely fly is to start your own meat processing and packaging business. You can start cattle rearing farm and then package and process meat from the proceeds of your far.
4. Business Finder-: You can also make money from linking buyers and sellers together. For instance, a lot of people want to source for items from Indonesia but because they have never been there, they won’t know where to find what. You can helps such people find items easily using the internet, and earn finders commission for your services.
5. App Developers-: App developers are raking in good cash these days. You can become a mobile phone app developer or a software developer. You don’t necessarily have to be a tech expert to develop apps, what you need is a solid idea and then you can hire tech experts to develop the idea for you.
6. Internet Service Provider-: Another business idea you could consider is becoming an ISP provider. Reliable and fast internet is as important in Indonesia as it is in other parts of the world and considering the number of people using phones and technology gadgets in Indonesia, you would make a lot of money.
7. Dress Making-: Another business idea is to start a dress making business. You could start a clothing line or just make local Indonesian dresses like Kaftans which you can sell to people from other parts of the world.
8. Tax Consultant-: Tax is one thing that gives a lot of business owner’s headache. A lot of people don’t mind outsourcing their tax computation tasks to experts who would not only handle it for them but also advice them on ways to reduce their taxes. You can start one of such businesses without too much capital.
9. Travel Consultant-: Another business idea is to offer support to countless number of people who wish to visit Indonesia for business or pleasure. You can become a tour guide; offering assistance to tourists or you can start an online consultancy firm which you could also use to offer visa assistance, airport pick-up and drop-off, hotel booking, business tour guide and a host of other services.
10. Business Consultant-: Another idea is to become a business consultant. There are lots of people out there who could use some business advice and guidance. It would interest you to know that many people rely on business consultants to develop business strategies for them, which they could use to propel their business to the next level. The good thing about being a business consultant is that it’s an interesting business and while developing solutions and strategies for other people’s businesses, you would also be developing more skills that would be useful for you.
Latest posts by Ajaero Tony Martins (see all)
- How to Write a Music Venue Business Plan [Sample Template] - February 2, 2020
- A Sample Indoor Shrimp Farming Business Plan Template - February 2, 2020
- How Long You Have to Buy Insurance After Buying a Used Car - January 29, 2020