Now putting business issues aside for a while, I want to share some real life tips, advice or whatever.
I have had a lot of experiences in life and while reflecting over them, I was able to extract some lessons I have learned. So without wasting your time, below are 23 life lessons I have learned in the past 23 years of my life.
23 Life Lessons I Learnt in the Past 23 Years of My Life
1.There is God
I was born into a Christian home and I grew up with the knowledge of the existence of God and his son Jesus Christ. But as I grew older, I came across diverse views and opinions about the existence of God; and to be sincere with you, the points seem valid. However, after reviewing my life in the past 23 years; I can now firmly affirm that there is God. Why?
The reason is because I have been in extremely tough situations; and I have been in the jaws of death thrice. By human comprehension, there’s no way I could pull through such situations, but I did. Secondly, I have gotten down on my knees several times and prayed to God for assistance; and out of nowhere, a solution pops up. Who brought about such solutions? It’s God. Now whether you believe it or not won’t change the fact that there is God; enough said.
2. Nobody is born great; you must work your way to greatness
Most people think some individuals were born with greatness bestowed upon them but I don’t believe it. Take the kids of the rich as an instance; though they were born into wealth, their parents still groomed them. Why groom the kids if they had greatness instilled in them from birth? Even Jesus was supposedly born great, but he worked his way through the cross to attain greatness and sovereignty.
3. You are the architect of your own fate
You were not given a choice to decide how you want to be born, where you want to be born and the family you want to be born into. But you have the power to decide how your life will end. So don’t leave your life to fate or some unforeseen forces, take charge of your life now.
4. Put your trust in no man. Trust only in God and yourself.
5. Blood is thicker than water. Be good to your family; for they will be there for you through thick and thin. Seriously, i am not kidding. I have been in situations where friends abandoned me to my fate….but my family was always there.
6. It pays to be humble. God resists the proud and exalt the humble. I am a living testimony of this.
7. Life is governed by laws and principles. Things will be easier for you if you abide by those principles. An example of such principle is the “Law of Giving” as recorded in the bible:
“Give and it shall be given unto you. Good measures, press down, shaking together and running over, shall men give unto your bosom.”
“He that gives to the poor shall not lack.” – Proverbs 28: 27
8. You won’t live forever. This is your opportunity to make an impact and do something for yourself. Work hard, have fun and make history.
“For whatsoever thy hands find to do, do it with all thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom in the grave.” – Ecclesiastes 9: 10
9. Life is fair. Life is not fair. It all depends on your perception and attitude.
10. Give and it shall be given unto you. If you want a punch, give a punch. If you want to live long, save a soul and if you want to be rich, then give your service to others. It’s as simple as that.
11. The answer to every question and the solution to every problem; can be found in the word of God (Holy Bible). All you need to do is seek, with an open mind.
12. There’s no shortcut to success and there’s nothing like overnight success. So stop searching for a holy grail or the insider’s secret to success because there is none. Success requires knowledge, hard work and commitment; in the right direction.
Jesus Christ was the son of God, he was born perfect and he had a legion of angels at his beck and call; yet, it took him 33 years to fulfill his mission on earth….and the lesson here is: Every worthwhile goal has a process; and there is no shortcut.
13. It is very easy to make money legally. So why risk your life and reputation by engaging in illegal ventures; just to make money. It’s not worth it. It pays to be on the right side of the law and you will have peace of mind.
14. A king may move a man, a judge may sentence a man and the world may descend on a man but the soul belongs to the man. You are responsible for your deeds, no matter the situation you find yourself. Adam and Eve did not lose the garden of Eden because of disobedience; they lost it because they chose to blame the devil rather than acknowledge their sin and ask for forgiveness.
15. Poverty or riches; success or failure, is not a product of destiny. It’s a product of choice; a choice you alone can make. After all, the bible said that “The power of life and death is in the tongue.“
As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is. – The Holy Bible
16. Time is the scarcest resource, so use it well. The rich and poor both have an opportunity of 24hours a day. It’s what you do within those 24hours that determine whether you will be rich or poor.
“To everything, there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven. A time to plant and a time to harvest that; which is planted. A time to break down and a time to build up” – Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
“He that observes the wind shall not sow and he that regards the clouds shall not reap.
17. In pursuit of happiness, success and wealth; always preserve the integrity of your name because a good name will outlive every other achievement you will make.
18. It is not over, until it is over. Never give up on yourself. For as long as you breathe, you still have a chance to make a change.
19. Friends come and go, but the best friend you will ever have in life is Jesus Christ; because he remains till the end. Don’t doubt it.
20. Death is the only resting point. When I was penniless, I thought money will solve all my problems, find me love and make me free. But the more success I attain; the more my ambitions grow and the bigger the problems that come my way. There is no rest for me until i bow my head to death;…same goes for you.
21. The size of the success you attain is determined by the size of the problems you solve. If you want a million dollars, solve million dollar problems. If you want to become a billionaire, then solve billion dollar problems. There’s no two ways about it. Adversity and prosperity goes hand in hand.
22. Plans and ideas are always beautiful and foolproof on paper; but bringing such ideas into reality is not child’s play. Not all my exciting business ideas came into reality and not all that came into reality succeeded. But that will never stop me from trying again. Learn to think practical; and be realistic to yourself.
23. You can make a billion dollars today, marry the best woman in the world and have the best kids in the world. But if you don’t have Jesus Christ in your life, everything you have toiled for is vanity.
What shall it profit a man, to gain the whole world……..and lose his soul
Latest posts by Ajaero Tony Martins (see all)
- Designing an RV Park – 6 Critical Factors You Must Consider - January 16, 2020
- 8 Strong Reasons You Should Become an Entrepreneur - January 9, 2020
- How to Find a Business Partner or Investor With Money - January 9, 2020