Do you run a mosquito repellent production company and want to promote it? If YES, here is a sample mosquito repellent business marketing plan template, strategies and ideas to attract clients.
Okay, so we have considered all the requirements for starting a mosquito repellent production company. We also took it further by providing an in-depth sample mosquito repellent business plan template. In this article, we will be analyzing and drafting a sample mosquito repellent marketing plan backed up by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for mosquito repellent production companies. So put on your marketing hat and let’s proceed.
A Sample Mosquito Repellent Marketing Plan Template
- Our Present Business Situation
Our mosquito repellent production business has been legally registered and we have acquired the required business license and all the necessary permits (Chemical Handler’s Certificate and Professional Certificate of Competency in Chemical Engineering and Plant Design) to run this type of business in the united states of America.
Presently we have acquired a facility that has the capacity to accommodate our production unit, warehouse and administrative unit. It also has enough parking space to accommodate 25 trucks per time.
All the employees that are needed to kick start the business have been duly employed and trained to effectively handle their roles and help build the company. We have been able to secure all the needed equipment (chemical mixer, vessels, tanks, and conveyor belt system et al) and accessories for a standard insecticide production plant.
We have been able to develop a robust distribution network that is far – reaching and will be activated as soon as we roll out our first set of mosquito repellents.
- Our Market Goals
Our marketing goal as a mosquito repellent production company as clearly stated in our business plan is to build a standard mosquito repellent production company that in our own capacity will favorably compete with leaders in the industry.
We want to build a mosquito repellent business whose brands will someday become a household name not only in the United States of America but also in South America, Caribbean and Africa. We want to become the number one choice for mosquito repellents in the United States of America. In view of that, we want to achieve the following market goals:
- Sell a minimum of 5000 Mosquito Repellent Per Day
- Make a monthly sale of our mosquito repellent to about $20,000 and about $240,000 for the first year and double the amount for the second year and the possibility to keep doubling our annual sale going forward.
- Increase the number of our wholesalers and distributors by 5 percent quarterly
- Generate 50 percent of sales from exporting our mosquito repellents to Africa (20 percent), Caribbean (20 percent) and South America (20 percent)
What we aim to achieve from our market efforts are as follows:
- To be able to compete favorably with the leading mosquito repellent/insecticide brands such as Bayer AG, Dow Chemical, DuPont, Monsanto, and Syngenta in the whole of the United States of America
- Build a self – sustaining Business model that will run on auto – pilot and of course contribute towards the reduction of mosquitoes, mosquito related sicknesses and the growth of the economy of the United States of America.
Our Marketing Budget
The fact that our goal is to establish a mosquito repellent brand that will compete favorably with leading brands like Bayer AG, Dow Chemical, DuPont, Monsanto, and Syngenta et al, means that we should be willing to spend more on marketing, hence we have set aside a budget of 10,000 US dollars annually for marketing.
Going forward, we will budget between 5 percent and 10 percent of our annual income towards marketing and promoting our products. Please note that we are likely going to increase this budget when the need arises especially if we have to explore a more expensive but efficient marketing model.
- Our Target Market
When it comes to selling mosquito repellents, there is indeed a wide range of available customers. In essence, our target market can’t be restricted to just a group of people, but all those who live or work in areas where there are mosquitoes or other insects.
In view of that, we will market our mosquito repellents to the following people;
- Military personnel
- Fumigation and mosquito control companies
- Facility managers
- Mosquito repellent wholesale distributors
- Mosquito repellent retailers
The Benefits Our Client Stand to Gain When They Patronize Our Mosquito Repellents
We are quite aware of the competitions that exist in the insecticide production industry in the United States of America, hence we were able to conduct a thorough feasibility studies and market survey so as to enable us penetrate the market.
In view of that, here are the benefits our customers stand to gain when they purchase our mosquito repellents:
- A product that can effectively repel mosquitoes and other disease – causing insects
- A nice smelling, environmental and health friendly mosquito repellent that is safe and can be used by anyone
- A mosquito repellent that has zero side effects
- The best price/deal they can get per packet in the whole of the United States of America
- Opportunity to choose from a wide range of fragrance and sizes
- Money-back policy for first time customers who just want to try out our mosquito repellent
- Wide range of distribution network (it means that you can walk up a store in your neighborhood and you will get our products without stress)
- Excellent customer service experience from our highly trained employees
Table of Content
- Our Unique Selling Point; What Makes Our Mosquito Repellent Superior to Our Competitions
- Strategic Marketing Alliance with Our Competitors in the Insecticide Production Industry
- Creating Brand Identity for Our Mosquito Repellent Company
- 10 Possible Questions We Intend Asking Our Customers During Our Market Survey
- The Ways We Intend to Advertise Our Mosquito Repellent on the Internet
Our Unique Selling Point; What Makes Our Mosquito Repellent Superior to Our Competitions
We are quite aware of the competitions that exist amongst mosquito repellent production companies in the United States of America which is why we have decided to craft out a unique selling strategy that will help us attract our target market and of course outperform our competitors.
The fact that our mosquito repellents will come in different fragrance and sizes with a far – reaching distribution network will definitely give us an edge in the market. Another factor that will serve as a positive for us is that we will continue to work with our customers to make sure that our customer service delivery is top notch and we will also ensure that we offer our customers incentives.
We will also work towards ensuring that our production facility is designed in such a way that it will meet the expected standard required by the authorities.
Strategic Marketing Alliance with Our Competitors in the Insecticide Production Industry
Forming strategic marketing alliance with a competitor in the insecticide production industry is a bit difficult because every mosquito repellent production company out there is positioned to attract as many customers that are available in the locations where their distributors are operating.
Creating Brand Identity for Our Mosquito Repellent Company
We are quite aware that our brand has to do with the way people perceive us, which is why we are deliberate when it comes to communicating and promoting our brand.
In promoting our brand and corporate identity, we will leverage on print and electronic media. As a matter of fact, it is cost effective to use social media platforms to promote our brands, besides it is pretty much effective.
Here are the ways we intend creating brand identity of our mosquito repellent company
- Designed a unique corporate logo
- Place adverts on both print and electronic media platforms
- Ensures that our workers wear our branded shirts at all times during working hours and also, we will make sure we brand all our distribution vans, trucks and cars et al.
- Place our flexi banners with our company’s logo and contacts in strategic positions
- Sponsor relevant TV programs, Radio programs and community – based programs
- Maximize our company’s website to promote our products
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snap Chat, Google+, Pinterest and other platforms to promote our corporate brand
- Install our Bill Boards in strategic locations
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in targeted areas from time to time
10 Possible Questions We Intend Asking Our Customers During Our Market Survey
These are the 10 possible questions we are going to put forward when conducting marketing survey on our customers:
- Are you satisfied with the fragrance and effectiveness of our mosquito repellents?
- If you are not satisfied with the fragrance and effectiveness of our mosquito repellents, what areas would you want us to improve going forward?
- Which of our mosquito repellent fragrance and size do you prefer?
- How would you want us to communicate with you when we need your contributions as it relates to producing a product that will benefit you or when we have a promo that you can benefit from? Text messages, e – mail, or via mobile apps (BBM, twitter, WhatsApp et al)
- How much are you willing to pay for a 50-gram tube-like mosquito repellent that will be effective in repelling mosquitoes for 24 hours?
- Is there any mosquito repellent fragrance that you would prefer that is not part of our production line? If yes please list them.
- How often do you make use of mosquito repellent and where do you usually go to purchase mosquito repellents?
- If you are to change one thing in our company and product what would that be?
- Can you comfortably recommend our mosquito repellent to your family members, friends and colleagues?
- Are you satisfied with our customer service delivery? If not, what areas would you want us to improve on?
Our Retention Strategies (Ways to Improve Our Customer Experience)
When it comes to retaining your customers in any business, you must work hard to continue to meet and even surpass their expectations whenever they buy your goods and services. The success of any business is directly proportional to the number of repeated business they are able to generate.
If a company is able to achieve over 60 percent retention, the company will sure experience huge turn over. We have perfected plans on how to improve our customer experience. These are the ways we intend utilizing when it comes to improving our customer experience:
- Ensures that our mosquito repellents have good fragrance and it is effective at all times
- Ensure we get feedback from our customers at all times
- Give our customers the flexibility to choose from a wide range of fragrance and different sizes of pocket friendly mosquito repellents.
- Give our customers the options to order our mosquito repellents in bulk from our online portal and get them delivered in any location of their choice within the area that we cover
- Make use of effective customer relationship management (CRM) software to effectively manage our clientele base.
- Ensures that we carry our clients along when making decisions that will directly affect them.
The Ways We Intend to Promote Our Mosquito Repellents without Using the Internet
Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on when it comes to promoting our mosquito repellent in the market place;
- Place adverts on national TV stations, Radio Stations and Newspapers/Magazines
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Encourage the use of word of mouth from satisfied customers
- Engage in road shows from city to city to market our mosquito repellent
- Install our Billboards in strategic locations
- List our mosquito repellent company and products on yellow pages
- Distribute our fliers and handbills to targeted areas from time to time
- Ensure that our workers and distributors wear our branded shirt during working hours.
The Ways We Intend to Advertise Our Mosquito Repellent on the Internet
We are quite aware that the internet is presently the biggest platform when it comes advertising any business and one good thing about adverting on the internet is that it is far cheaper than other conventional advertising platforms. Here are they ways we intending leveraging on the internet to advertise our mosquito repellent business:
- Leverage on social media platforms such as; Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Snap chat, YouTube, Twitter, and Google + et al
- Make use of mobile apps to promote our mosquito repellents
- Design an interactive corporate website and use the platform to promote our mosquito repellent products
- Place adverts on high traffic websites
- Post sponsored articles on high traffic blogs
- Engage in blogging and make use of the platform to promote our mosquito repellent products
- Leverage on email marketing strategy to advertise and promote our mosquito repellents.
The Possible Ways We Intend Offering Incentives to Our Customers/Clients (Bonus, Discounts, etc.)
Part of our marketing strategies which is clearly stated in our business plan is to ensure that we offer our customers incentives in order for us to retain them. We know that if we are going to win our own fair share of the existing market, then we must be willing to outsmart our competitors.
In view of that, we will ensure that we sell our mosquito repellents a little bit below the average price in the industry. We will regularly give discount (different percentage) to our customers based on the total amount of mosquito repellents they purchase.
We will create a loyalty plan that will enable us reward our loyal customers especially those who are able to successfully market our mosquito repellents to their family members, friends and colleagues. Rewarding them could be giving them discounts on every purchase they make and also giving them gifts during special occasions.
- After Sales Service and Customer Support
Well the nature of our business does not require that we offer after sales service or customer support, but we will ensure that we try as much as possible to always get feedback from everyone that purchases our mosquito repellents.
We will ensure that we open several communication channels such as email, telephone and social media platforms so as to enable our customers communicate with us or lodge their complaints.
The Creative Marketing Ideas Specific to Our Mosquito Repellent Production Business
When it comes to crafting out creative marketing ideas that are specific to mosquito repellent businesses, one of the strategies to adopt is to ensure that we give out free mosquito repellents to customers once in a while especially during our marketing and sales campaigns. This will enable potential customers have a taste/feel of our product and that may influence their decision to start purchasing and making use of our mosquito repellents.
In recent time, the internet has become one very potent tool when it comes to marketing goods and services. Those who produce and sell mosquito repellents are not left out when it comes to developing creative ways of marketing their mosquito repellents via the internet. One thing about internet marketing is that you can direct your marketing effort towards your target market with the help of internet filters and other relevant software applications.