Are you interested in starting a business in New York City? If YES, then below are the top 20 investment ideas + small business franchise opportunities in New York City.
In 2013, the population of New York was estimated to be over 19 million people. New York is one of the most populous states in the USA with a high number of immigrants yearly which contributes to its ever increasing population. The economy of New York is ranked as the 16th largest economy in the world and the world’s largest financial center plus the stock exchange market which is popularly known as Wall Street is based in New York.
New York has a large manufacturing sector with products like computers, electronics, foodstuffs, commodities, clothing items and minerals being made for export. New York is also in the forefront when it comes to agriculture in the united states of America. Agricultural products like cabbage, grapes, cherries, apples, maple syrup and onions are some of the popular items that are cultivated for sale in New York.
New York is one of the best places to start a business in the United States because your chances of getting people to patronize your business are very high due to the populous nature of the state. There are quite a lot of small and big businesses that you can start in New York depending on the capital you have. Some businesses you can start with minimal capital in New York include-:
Top 20 Small Business Investment Opportunities in New York City
There are many business owners and entrepreneurs in New York and a lot of people would rather cut costs by hiring a virtual assistant to handle some aspects of their business for them instead of hiring a full-time staff.
New York is the largest producer of grapes which is a major ingredient for making fruit wines. A lot of other fruits are also cultivated in New York. Therefore, you can start your own winery and start making wines and fruit juice for sale.
Gifting is a part of the American culture especially during festive seasons like Christmas, Easter, Valentine’s Day, Boxing Day, Thanksgiving Day, etc. Many people barely have time to go gift-shopping and sometimes have no idea of the kinds of gift to buy, so they rely on gift packaging services to help choose the right gift and deliver it to the recipients for a fee.
You could start a business that organizes meetings and gatherings for people who want to sell their cars or exchange it for another. As a promoter, you will make money from the subscriptions that intended participants would pay.
5. Career Counselor-: You may also help people select the right career path by becoming a career counselor. You can also organize trainings and seminars for companies who want to develop their staff.
6. Medical Transcriptionist-: This is a very good business too because there are many hospitals in New York that you can offer medical transcribing services to.
7. Paper-shredding service
There is an increasing need for companies to keep their information private. You can start a paper shredding business to help companies destroy useless documents without jeopardizing the security of their company.
This is another good business idea. If you are someone who is passionate about caring for elderly citizens, you can start an old people’s home to care for the physical and health needs of elderly people.
10. Nanny Services-: Nanny Services are in high demand in New York due to the number of working parents in the state. You can start a nanny service to look after kids when their parents are at work.
11. Fitness Centre-: Another good business idea is to start a fitness center where people can come and exercise their bodies and improve their physical fitness.
12. Employment Agency-: You can help the unemployed in the state get good jobs by starting an employment agency to cater for job seekers in the state.
13. Messenger Services-: You can also start an errand service to help busy people deliver messages or attend to small tasks like shopping.
14. Games Arcade-: This is another good business idea. People can come in the evenings or on weekends to relax and play games with their family and friends.
There are a lot of stuffs that people no longer need in their homes and there are also people who need some of these stuffs but cannot afford to buy new ones. You can start a kind of business that buys old stuff from people who no longer need them and then refurbish/mend such items for sale to people who cannot afford new items.
16. Real Estate Agent-: You can help people search for their dream homes while you get commission for it. Real estate agents in New York earn a six figure income annually.
17. Insurance Agent-: Another good business to start in New York is an insurance agency. Insurance agents have the benefit of working from home hence the cost of starting the business is minimal.
18. Art work dealer
Art works are a very good source of decoration for the home and some art work costs as much as several million dollars. If you are passionate about arts, you can become an arts dealer. You will source for good works of art from artists and help them sell it to clients while you earn a commission for your services.
19. Jewelry store-: You can open a jewelry store and sell jewelries like earrings, rings, wristwatches and rings to ladies and even men in the state.
20. Hair care salon-: You can also make top dollar from providing hair care services to ladies or men. You could add other services like manicure, pedicure and skin care.