Are you about starting a pharmaceutical company? If YES, here is a complete sample pharmaceutical business plan template & feasibility report you can use for FREE. If you are pharmacist and you are certain that you have a winning formula when it comes to producing effective generic drugs; drugs / medicine that has been tested and proven to meet the requirement for such products, then you should consider launching your own generic pharmaceutical manufacturing company.
It is a business that is still pretty much open for investors to come and compete for the available market in the country you intend launching the business.
A Sample Pharmaceutical Company Business Plan Template
Table of Content
- 2. Executive Summary
- 5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
- 6. SWOT Analysis
- 7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- 13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
1. Industry Overview
The Generic pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing companies primarily develop prescription and over-the-counter drug products that are used to prevent or treat illnesses in humans or animals. Generic drugs are produced and distributed without patent protection, and industry operators are not significantly engaged in the research and development of new drugs.
It is important to mention that the generic pharmaceutical manufacturing industry does not include manufacturers of nutritional supplements, cosmetic beauty products or similar products. All over the world, the pharmaceutical industry is highly regulated. This is so because the devastating effect of fake drugs or drug abuse can’t be quantified.
As a matter of fact, there are several universal laws and regulations that govern the patenting, testing, safety, efficacy and marketing of drugs.For example, in the united states, new pharmaceutical products must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as being both safe and effective before they can be allowed to go into the market.
Statistics has it that global spending on prescription drugs grew to a whopping sum of $954 billion in 2011 and The United States accounts for more than a third of the global pharmaceutical market, with an estimate of $340 billion in annual sales
The Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry is a thriving sector of the economy of countries like India, China, united kingdom, Germany and the United States of America. Statistics has it that in the united states alone, the industry generates a whooping sum of well over $66 billion annually from more than 1,203 registered and licensed generic pharmaceutical manufacturing companies scattered all around the United States of America.
The industry is responsible for the employment of well over 67,699 people. Experts project the industry to grow at a 4.1 percent annual rate from 2011 to 2016. Mylan Inc., Sandoz Ltd. and Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. have the lion share of the available market in the Generic Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry in the United States of America.
A close study of the Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry shows that the industry is expanding rapidly. This is due to the demand for the industry’s products by the aging population with more chronic illnesses. So also, with the regulatory provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act expand consumer access to prescription insurance and provide increased opportunities for product development.
Going forward, the industry revenue growth is expected to outpaced revenue growth for the Brand Name Pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry. A large number of brand name drugs manufacturers lost patent protection for blockbuster drugs beginning in 2010; demand for generics subsequently grew, as consumers demanded affordable versions of these high-profile products. These trends are expected to continue in the next five years.
A recent report published by IBISWORLD shows that the Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry has a low level of concentration, with the top four companies accounting for 30.2 percent of industry revenue in 2016. Having a large operation as a generic manufacturer does not offer the same advantages as it does for brand name producers.
The report further stated that generic drug manufacturers can be smaller because the cost of research and development is significantly lower than it is for brand name companies; however, operators can still benefit from economies of scale through savings on administrative and capital costs. Moreover, a company’s presence in both generic and brand drug markets can buffer company revenue against volatility in price or demand for any one specific drug.
The bottom line is that; the Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry is still very much open for new entrant; the competition within the industry is not as stiff as similar industry. If your product is good, it can gain fair share of the available market in any country or region you intend launching the business.
2. Executive Summary
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is a licensed and standard generic pharmaceutical manufacturing company that will be located in an industrial area in Concord – New Hampshire. We have been able to secure a long-term lease agreement for a facility in a strategic location with an option of a long-term renewal on an agreed terms and conditions that is favorable to us.
The facility has government approval for the kind of production business we want to run and the facility is easily accessible and we are deliberate about that because we want to facilitate easy movement of raw materials (chemicals and packaging containers) and finished products (drugs / medicines).
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is in the generic pharmaceutical manufacturing industry to engage in developing and producing generic drugs, marketing and distributing generic drugs and gaining regulatory approval for generic drugs.
We will manufacture standard and effective pharmaceutical products such as mental health and lipid regulators, anti diabetics and respiratory, pain and antibacterial, nervous system disorders and antihypertensive, antiulcerants and thyroid, dermatological and hormonal contraceptives, and ADHD and anticoagulants.
We are also in business to make profits at the same to give our customers value for their money; we want to give people and businesses who patronize our pharmaceutical products the opportunity to be part of the success story of our brand.
We are aware that there are several big scale and small scale generic pharmaceutical manufacturing companies scattered all around the United States and Canada whose products can be found in every nooks and crannies of The United States and Canada, which is why we spent time and resources to conduct our feasibility studies and market survey so as to enable us locate the business in an area that can easily accept our products and brand.
We ensured that our facility is easy to locate and we have mapped out plans to develop a far-reaching distribution network for wholesalers of pharmaceutical products all around Concord – New Hampshire and throughout the United States of America.
Much more than producing quality, effective and safe generic pharmaceutical products, our customer care is going to be second to none. We know that our customers are the reason why we are in business which is why we will go the extra mile to get them satisfied when they purchase any of our product and also to become our loyal customers and ambassadors.
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC will ensure that all our customers (wholesale distributors) are given first class treatment whenever they visit our factory. We have a CRM software that will enable us manage a one on one relationship with our customers (wholesale distributors) no matter how large the numbers of our customer base may grow to.
We will ensure that we get our customers involved when making some business decisions that will directly or indirectly affect them. Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is family business that will be owned by Harry Tancredo and his immediate family members. Harry Tancredo who is the Chief Executive Officer of the Company is Graduate of Pharmacology and he holds a Master’s Degree in Business Management (MBA).
He has well over 12 years of experience working in related industry as a senior production manager prior to starting Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC. He will be working with a team of professionals to build the business and grow it to enviably height.
3. Our Products and Services
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is going to run a standard and licensed generic pharmaceutical manufacturing company whose products will not only be sold in Hartford – Connecticut but also throughout the United States of America and Canada.
We are in the generic pharmaceutical manufacturing industry to make profits and also to give our customers value for their money. We will ensure that we do all that is permitted by the law in the United States of America to accomplish our business goal and objective. These are some of the products that we will be offering;
- Developing and producing generic drugs
- Marketing and distributing generic drugs
- Gaining regulatory approval for generic drugs
- Mental health and lipid regulators
- Anti-diabetics and respiratory
- Pain and antibacterial
- Nervous system disorders and antihypertensive
- Anti-ulcerants and thyroid
- Dermatological and hormonal contraceptives
- ADHD and anticoagulants
4. Our Mission and Vision Statement
- Our vision is to establish a standard generic pharmaceutical manufacturing Company whose products will be not only be sold in Concord – New Hampshire, but also throughout the United States of America and Canada.
- Our mission is to establish a standard and world class generic pharmaceutical manufacturing Company / brand that in our own capacity will favorably compete with leaders in the industry.
- We want to build a business that will be listed amongst the top 20 generic pharmaceutical manufacturing brands in the United States of America and Canada.
Our Business Structure
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is a business that is established with the aim of competing favorably with other leading generic pharmaceutical product brands in the industry. This is why we will ensure that we put the right structure in place that will support the kind of growth that we have in mind while setting up the business.
We will ensure that we only hire people that are qualified, honest, hardworking, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more depending how fast we meet our set target. In view of that, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
- Chief Executive Officer (Owner)
- Production / Plant Manager
- Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Merchandize Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Machine Operators
- Accountants / Cashiers
- Distribution Truck Drivers
5. Job Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO (Owner):
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for fixing prices and signing business deals
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization.
Production / Plant Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the pharmaceutical production plant
- Part of the team that determines the quantity and quality of pharmaceutical products that are to be produced
- Maps out strategy that will lead to efficiency amongst workers in the plant
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of plant workers
- Ensures that the steady flow of both raw materials to the plant and easy flow of finished products through wholesale distributors to the market
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Ensures that the plant meets the expected safety and health standard at all times.
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office and factory activities.
- Manages vendor relations, market visits, and the ongoing education and development of the organizations’ buying teams
- Responsible for the purchase of raw materials and packaging materials
- Responsible for planning sales, monitoring inventory, selecting the merchandise, and writing and pricing orders to vendors
- Ensures that the organization operates within stipulated budget.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manages external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Models demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer purchases
- Identifies, prioritizes, and reaches out to new partners, and business opportunities et al
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Documents all customer contact and information
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps to increase sales and growth for the company
Accountant / Cashier
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Client Service Executive
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the company’s products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients
- Receives parcels / documents for the company
- Distribute mails in the organization
- Handles any other duties as assigned by the line manager
Production Workers / Machine Operators:
- Responsible for preparing, blending, compounding and packaging pharmaceutical products
- Handle labeling of pharmaceutical products
- Operate machines used in the manufacturing mental health and lipid regulators, ant diabetics and respiratory, pain and antibacterial, nervous system disorders and antihypertensive, antiulcerants and thyroid, dermatological and hormonal contraceptives, and ADHD and anticoagulants
- Assist in packaging and loading pharmaceutical products into distribution trucks
Distribution Truck Drivers
- Assists in loading and unloading pharmaceutical products
- Maintains a logbook of their driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods for operators.
- Keeps a record of vehicle inspections and make sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment
- Assists the transport and logistics manager in planning their route according to a delivery schedule.
- Local-delivery drivers may be required to sell products or services to pharmaceutical stores and businesses on their route, obtain signatures from recipients and collect cash.
- Transports finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Complies with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, break periods etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Collects and verifies delivery instructions
- Reports defects, accidents or violations
6. SWOT Analysis
We are quite aware that there are several generic pharmaceutical manufacturing companies both large and small in the United States of America and Canada which is why we are following the due process of establishing a business so as to compete favorable with them.
We know that if a proper SWOT analysis is conducted for our business, we will be able to position our business to maximize our strength, leverage on the opportunities that will be available to us, mitigate our risks and be welled equipped to confront our threats.
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC employed the services of an expert HR and Business Analyst with bias in start – up business to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to help us create a Business model that will help us achieve our business goals and objectives. This is the summary of the SWOT analysis that was conducted for Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC;
Part of what is going to count as positives for Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is the vast experience of our management team, we have people on board who are highly experienced and understands how to grow business from the scratch to becoming a national phenomenon.
So also, our state of the art machines and equipment, the wide varieties of pharmaceutical products that we produce, our large national distribution network and of course our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for the business.
A major weakness that may count against us is the fact that we are a new generic pharmaceutical manufacturing company in the United States and we don’t have the financial capacity to engage in the kind of publicity that we intend giving the business especially when big names like Mylan Inc., Sandoz Ltd. and Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. et al are already determining the direction of the market both in the United States and in the global market.
The opportunities available to generic pharmaceutical manufacturing companies with a wide range of products are enormous. This is due to the fact that almost all Americans and people from all over the world take drugs / medicine for different reasons.
As a result of that, we were able to conduct a thorough market survey and feasibility studies so as to position our business to take advantage of the existing market for pharmaceutical products and also to create our own new market. We know that it is going to requires hard work, and we are determined to achieve it.
We are quite aware that just like any other business, one of the major threats that we are likely going to face are economic downturn and unfavorable government policies. It is a fact that economic downturn affects purchasing power. Another threat that may likely confront us is the arrival of a new generic pharmaceutical manufacturing company in same location where ours is located.
7. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market Trends
A close study of the trends in the Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry shows that the industry is expanding rapidly. This is due to the demand for the industry’s products by the aging population with more chronic illnesses.
So also, with the regulatory provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act expand consumer access to prescription insurance and provide increased opportunities for product development. Going forward, the industry revenue growth is expected to outpaced revenue growth for the Brand Name Pharmaceutical Manufacturing industry.
A large number of brand name drugs manufacturers lost patent protection for blockbuster drugs beginning in 2010; demand for generics subsequently grew, as consumers demanded affordable versions of these high-profile products. These trends are expected to continue in the next five years.
Lastly, the generic pharmaceutical manufacturing industry is the adoption of eco – friendly approach towards the production and packaging of its products. As a matter of fact, the industry’s adoption of eco-friendly practices will likely persuade environmentally conscious consumers to buy its products, while increasing operators’ efficiency.
8. Our Target Market
When it comes to selling pharmaceutical products, there is indeed a wide range of available customers. In essence, our target market can’t be restricted to just a group of people, but all those who resides in our target market locations.
In view of that, we have conducted our market research and we have ideas of what our target market would be expecting from us. We are in business to engage in developing and producing generic drugs, marketing and distributing generic drugs and gaining regulatory approval for generic drugs. Hence our target markets are;
- Health Facilities
- Pharmaceutical Products Wholesalers
- Retail Pharmacy Stores
- Everybody in our target market location
Our competitive advantage
A close study of the generic pharmaceutical manufacturing industry reveals that the market has become much more intensely competitive over the last decade. As a matter of fact, you have to be highly creative, customer centric and proactive if you must survive in this industry.
We are aware of the stiffer competition and we are well prepared to compete favorably with other generic pharmaceutical manufacturing companies in New Hampshire and throughout the United States and Canada.
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is launching a standard generic pharmaceutical product brand that will indeed become the preferred choice of residence of Concord – New Hampshire and every city where our generic pharmaceutical product will be retailed.
Part of what is going to count as competitive advantage for Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is the vast experience of our management team, we have people on board who are highly experienced and understands how to grow business from the scratch to becoming a national phenomenon.
So also, our state of the art pharmaceutical production machines and equipment, the wide varieties of generic pharmaceutical products that we produce our large and far reaching national distribution network and of course our excellent customer service culture will definitely count as a strong strength for the business.
Lastly, our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups generic pharmaceutical manufacturing companies) in the generic pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, meaning that they will be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our aims and objectives.
We will also give good working conditions and commissions to freelance sales agents that we will recruit from time to time.
9. SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Sources of Income
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is established with the aim of maximizing profits in the generic pharmaceutical manufacturing industry in both the United States of America and Canada and we are going to go all the way to ensure that we do all it takes to sell a wide range of generic pharmaceutical products to a wide range of customers.
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC will generate income by selling the following pharmaceutical products;
- Mental health and lipid regulators
- Anti-diabetics and respiratory
- Pain and antibacterial
- Nervous system disorders and antihypertensive
- Antiulcerants and thyroid
- Dermatological and hormonal contraceptives
- ADHD and anticoagulants
- Developing and producing generic drugs
- Marketing and distributing generic drugs
- Gaining regulatory approval for generic drugs
10. Sales Forecast
One thing is assured when it comes to generic pharmaceutical manufacturing company, if your products are well – packaged and branded and if your production plant is centrally positioned and easily accessible, you will always attract customers cum sales and that will sure translate to increase in revenue generation for the business.
We are well positioned to take on the available market in Concord – New Hampshire and every city where our generic pharmaceutical products will be sold and we are quite optimistic that we will meet our set target of generating enough income / profits from the first six month of operations and grow the business and our clientele base.
We have been able to critically examine the generic pharmaceutical manufacturing industry and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projections are based on information gathered on the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to similar startups in Concord – New Hampshire.
Below is the sales projection for Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC, it is based on the location of our business and other factors as it relates to small scale and medium scale generic pharmaceutical manufacturing company start – ups in the United States;
- First Fiscal Year-: $250,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $550,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $950,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown and there won’t be any major competitor manufacturing same generic pharmaceutical products and customer care services as we do within same location. Please note that the above projection might be lower and at the same time it might be higher.
- Marketing Strategy and Sales Strategy
Before choosing a location for Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC and also the kind of generic pharmaceutical products we will produce, we conduct a thorough market survey and feasibility studies in order for us to be able to be able to penetrate the available market in our target market locations.
We have detailed information and data that we were able to utilize to structure our business to attract the numbers of customers we want to attract per time and also for our products to favorable compete with other leading generic pharmaceutical manufacturing brands in the United States of America and Canada.
We hired experts who have good understanding of the generic pharmaceutical manufacturing industry to help us develop Encourage the use of Word of mouth marketing (referrals)
11. Publicity and Advertising Strategy
In spite of the fact that our generic pharmaceutical manufacturing plant is a standard one with a wide range of pharmaceutical products that in few years from now will favorably compete with other leading brands in the industry like Mylan Inc., Sandoz Ltd. and Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
We will still go ahead to intensify publicity for all our products and brand. We are going to explore all available means to promote Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC.
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC has a long-term plan of distributing our generic pharmaceutical products in various locations all around the United States of America and Canada which is why we will deliberately build our brand to be well accepted first in Concord – New Hampshire before venturing out.
As a matter of fact, our publicity and advertising strategy is not solely for selling our products but to also effectively communicate our brand. Here are the platforms we intend leveraging on to promote and advertise Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC;
- Place adverts on both print (community based newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor relevant community programs
- Leverage on the internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook, twitter, et al to promote our generic pharmaceutical product brand
- Install our Bill Boards on strategic locations all around major cities in the United States of America and Canada
- Engage in road show from time to time in targeted communities
- Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas
- Position our Flexi Banners at strategic positions in the location where we intend getting customers to start patronizing our products.
- Ensure that our products are well branded and that all our staff members wear our customized clothes, and all our official cars and distribution vans are customized and well branded.
12. Our Pricing Strategy
When it comes to pricing for products such as generic pharmaceutical products, there are two sides to the coin. We are aware of the pricing trend in the generic pharmaceutical manufacturing industry which is why we have decided to produce various sizes of pharmaceutical products as regulated by the industry.
In view of that, our prices will conform to what is obtainable in the industry but will ensure that within the first 6 to 12 months our products are sold a little bit below the average prices of various generic pharmaceutical product brands in the United States of America. We have put in place business strategies that will help us run on low profits for a period of 6 months; it is a way of encouraging people to buy into our generic pharmaceutical product brands.
- Payment Options
The payment policy adopted by Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
Here are the payment options that Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC will make available to her clients;
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards / Point of Sale Machines (POS Machines)
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
- Payment via bank draft
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for generic pharmaceutical product purchase without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for the purchase of our products.
13. Startup Expenditure (Budget)
Starting a standard generic pharmaceutical manufacturing company is indeed a capital – intensive business. This is so because the amount required in setting up a generic pharmaceutical production plant is not a piecemeal. The bulk of the start – up capital will be sent on leasing or acquiring a facility and also in purchasing mixing, blending, compounding and packaging equipment.
Aside from that, you are not expected to spend much except for purchase and servicing of distribution trucks, purchasing raw materials, paying of your employees and utility bills. These are the key areas where we will spend our start – up capital;
- The total fee for registering the Business in the United States of America – $750.
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $1,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of – $3,580.
- The cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,500.
- The cost for insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400.
- The cost for payment of rent for 12 months at $1.76 per square feet in the total amount of $105,600.
- The cost for construction of a standard generic pharmaceutical production plant – $100,000.
- Other start-up expenses including stationery ($500) and phone and utility deposits ($2,500).
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $100,000
- The cost for start-up inventory (mixing, blending, compounding and packaging equipment, raw materials, and packaging materials et al) – $80,000
- Cost for store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) – $13,750
- Cost of purchase of distribution vans – $60,000
- The cost for the purchase of furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephone, Fax Machines, tables and chairs et al) – $4,000.
- The cost of launching a website – $600
- The cost for our opening party – $10,000
- Miscellaneous – $10,000
We would need an estimate of $500,000 to successfully set up our generic pharmaceutical manufacturing company in Concord – New Hampshire. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all the staff for the first 3 month of operation.
Generating Funds / Startup Capital for Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is a family business that is owned and financed by Harry Tancredo and his immediate family members. They do not intend to welcome any external business partner which is why he has decided to restrict the sourcing of the start – up capital to 3 major sources.
These are the areas we intend generating our start – up capital;
- Generate part of the start – up capital from personal savings and sell of stocks
- Source for soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for loan from my Bank
N.B: We have been able to generate about $200,000 (Personal savings $150,000 and soft loan from family members $50,000) and we are at the final stages of obtaining a loan facility of $300,000 from our bank. All the papers and document have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and any moment from now our account will be credited with the amount.
14. Sustainability and Expansion Strategy
The future of any business lies in the numbers of loyal customers that they have the capacity and competence of the employees, their investment strategy and the business structure. If all of these factors are missing from a business (company), then it won’t be too long before the business close shop.
One of our major goals of starting Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC is to build a business that will survive off its own cash flow without the need for injecting finance from external sources once the business is officially running.
We know that one of the ways of gaining approval and winning customers over is to retail our generic pharmaceutical products a little bit cheaper than what is obtainable in the market and we are well prepared to survive on lower profit margin for a while.
Harry Tancredo® Pharmaceuticals, LLC will make sure that the right foundation, structures and processes are put in place to ensure that our staff welfare are well taken of. Our company’s corporate culture is designed to drive our business to greater heights and training and re – training of our workforce is at the top burner.
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of three years or more. We know that if that is put in place, we will be able to successfully hire and retain the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to help us build the business of our dreams.
Check List / Milestone
- Business Name Availability Check: Completed
- Business Registration: Completed
- Opening of Corporate Bank Accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sales (POS) Machines: Completed
- Opening Mobile Money Accounts: Completed
- Opening Online Payment Platforms: Completed
- Application and Obtaining Tax Payer’s ID: In Progress
- Application for business license and permit: Completed
- Purchase of Insurance for the Business: Completed
- Leasing of facility and construction of standard generic pharmaceutical production plant: In Progress
- Conducting Feasibility Studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members and friends: Completed
- Applications for Loan from the bank: In Progress
- Writing of Business Plan: Completed
- Drafting of Employee’s Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of Contract Documents and other relevant Legal Documents: In Progress
- Design of the Company’s Logo: Completed
- Graphic Designs and Printing of Packaging Marketing / Promotional Materials: In Progress
- Recruitment of employees: In Progress
- Purchase of the Needed furniture, racks, shelves, computers, electronic appliances, office appliances and CCTV: In progress
- Creating Official Website for the Company: In Progress
- Creating Awareness for the business both online and around the community: In Progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Arrangement (License): Secured
- Opening party / launching party planning: In Progress
- Establishing business relationship with vendors – pharmacy stores, hospitals, pharmaceutical products wholesale suppliers / merchants: In Progress