Do you want to start a pizza business but want to go niche and be unique? If YES, here are 50 best pizza related business ideas & opportunities for 2020.
Since pizzas were first introduced in the United States, American can’t seem to have enough of it. The love for this food is always on the increase. In fact, there is a magazine called ‘pizza today’ that is dedicated to pizzas and there is also an international pizza trade show that holds in Vegas every year.
According to the FDA, 1 in 8 Americans eat pizza on a daily basis. So it’s no surprise that the pizza business is quite lucrative. In addition, 93 percent of Americans purchase pizza at least once a month. This roughly translates to saying that Americans consume about 350 slices of pizza per second, or 100 acres of pizza in a day. Awesome!
Part of the reasons why pizza is so popular is that it can be tailored to fit numerous tastes and as such due to the numerous flavors that are available, you will most likely find a flavor that suits you. However, it is important for any entrepreneur to be aware that the majority of food businesses fail in their first year due to the lack of essential business strategies and management skills.
Here are some pizza related business ideas in the United States that you can start today.
12 Best Pizza Related Business ideas for 2020
1. Pizza Dough and Ready-Made Pizza Crust Business: not everyone has to be a pizza maker to take part in the pizza business. Instead you can be a pizza enabler by producing pizza crust and pizza dough. You can produce these enablers and sell them to pizzerias. By focusing your attention on making dough for pizza, you will be able to take away the complexity of making a full pizza and as such, you can focus on the dough and specialize on it.
2. Mobile Pizza Ovens: these days, the food truck is one of the most profitable food retail business in metro cities so you can as well start a mobile pizza truck. The business model has been tested and tried and a lot of startup companies are making huge waves with this business.
The business can be likened to a restaurant on wheels, and you are serving the pizza at customer’s accessible location. In addition, you can take advantage of IT and launch a specific app that provides the exact location of your truck in order to attract more customers. You can tow your mobile pizzeria to wherever demand lies, at parties or events of all sorts.
3. Mobile Wood-Fired Pizzeria Catering Business: if you are a specialist in preparing various verities of pizza, then you can start you own pizza catering service to cater for events such as birthdays, weddings, anniversary party’s et al.
4. Supply of pizza ingredients to pizzerias: a lot of ingredients are used to prepare pizza, these ingredients can be olive oil, cornmeal, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, basil, pepperoni, onions, ham, sausage, mushroom, pepper et al. You can supply pizzerias with fresh ingredients so that they do not have to waste their time and resources to get these ingredients themselves from the market.
5. Pizzerias: some people have likened pizzerias to experiencing the taste of old Italy. Pizzerias are not just popular but they can be very profitable if well managed. If you like cooking then this may just be the business for you. As the owner of a pizza parlor, you are at liberty to unleash your creativity in any manner you deem fit with options like Hawaiian pizzas, chicken pizzas, barbecue pizzas or the more traditional cheese, hamburger and Italian sausage pizzas.
6. Pizza Oven Installation Business: notwithstanding the many advances in pizza preparation, a lot of people still prefer the taste of wood fired pizza, irrespective of if they are selling to other people or they just want to prepare pizza for their family. You can start a business that involves installing pizza oven for people who need it.
To get started, you will need a DIY pizza oven kit, which you can assemble and install in the location that your customer wants. There are a few local companies selling DIY pizza oven kits. They are usually in the building material, concrete products and stone/paving business and this is one of their products.
Look for suppliers close to you as there might be a large courier fee as the product is quite heavy. If there is no one close enough, make sure to use bulk couriers to transport the DIY kit to you.
7. Pizza cooking tutorials: cooking is not just a skill that is limited to the kitchen in your house. It can also lead to a successful full time job or a side hustle. If you are a caterer who knows how to prepare the various varieties of pizza, you can extend your services to include tutoring prospective cooks on how to prepare pizza. Offer cooking classes which are centered on pizza making and by doing this, you can help to teach and train people to become better cooks.
8. Pizza blog: a blog is an individual website that is updated on a regular basis. If you love to cook and write, then you can open up a blog where you can share with your readers how to prepare the various varieties of pizza. There are different ways a blog can be monetized so you should not stick to just one.
You can make money through blogging by putting up adverts on your blog, selling your own courses and books, affiliate marketing and of course Google AdSense. The more traffic you have, the more money you’ll make. Even if you post to your blog every day but only have ten people looking at it, you won’t make much money.
9. Podcast: a podcast is like a personal radio show where you talk about specific topics. You can create a podcast where you can discuss pizzas. Before you think about monetizing your podcast, you have to make sure that it is filled with rich and engaging content. You can monetize your podcast through sponsorship, affiliate marketing or even sale of your own product.
10. YouTube channel: this is one of the most versatile ideas that you can easily execute from the comfort of your home. When well-managed, a YouTube channel can be just as or even more profitable than a traditional blog. For starters, you don’t require a domain nor do you need to spend money on hosting your channel.
You also have a large audience and a readymade platform for you to work with. Furthermore, AdSense approval through YouTube is easy and what’s more, you can start earning from the very first day you create your account and make a post. You can just go to YouTube, upload a video and you can get started from there.
You can create a YouTube channel that is based on pizza making, where you can share your recipes and how-to videos. Every day, over 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube and your video can be one of them. You can get paid by enabling Google AdSense on your channel, through sponsored videos and through sale of your services or the services of others on YouTube.
11. Pizza cook book: if you are a skilled in the preparation of various pizza recipes, you can share your knowledge with the world by publishing a cook book.
You have several choices when selling your books. You can go the traditional route, seeking an agent or pitching to publishers directly through a proposal. Or you can self-publish your book through many of the free and affordable e-print book services.
A final option is to work with a hybrid publishing company, which offers a little of both. While you pay for hybrid services as a self-publisher, hybrid companies vet authors as traditional publishers do, and give access to their editors, cover designers and marketing experts
12. Pizza Delivery: Pizza delivery is one of the most popular and successful food delivery businesses today. You can start the business in two ways. One is by owning a franchise of a reputed pizza company. And another option is setting up your own pizza delivery company. You can offer different types of pizza with different flavors and tastes.
Starting a pizza business delivery business is not only a profitable kind of business because of the high yields in profit margin, but it is a popular choice of food deliveries. If you enjoy unique creations and like to cook, you would find the pizza delivery business to be an enjoyable venture.
You first have to develop a comprehensive business plan where you will outline your ideas, objectives, obstacles and possible pitfalls that you might encounter.