You have just launched a clothing line from home, or maybe you have decided to buy and sell your own clothing designs or sell used clothing. In case you are still contemplating on whether you should take your clothing business online or not, here are a few statistics to help you decide-:
- In 2013, it was estimated that over 2 billion people use the internet daily.
- The internet has made the world one global village such that you can reside in Asia and have people patronize you from Europe and America.
- More than 85% of people who use the internet buy stuffs online.
- Clothes are on the list of the top 5 things that people buy online alongside music and applications.
- 45% of people who shop on the internet buy stuffs they wouldn’t buy in person. This means that the internet encourages impulsive shopping which is good news for you as a seller on the internet.
- EBay, a popular e-commerce website generates yearly revenue of over 10 billion dollar of which 45% of its revenue is generated from fashion items.
So what do these statistics tell you? Of course it tells you that selling clothes online is profitable and a very smart move to make. So where should you sell your clothes online to get faster sales and more profit?
N.B-: This article was culled from: “The Complete Guide to Starting a Clothing Line from Scratch.”
Top 10 Places to Sell New or Used Clothes Fast Online
1. EBay-: EBay is a popular e-commerce website that allows you sell your stuffs to its millions of users. To sell your clothes on EBay, you would need to register an account with EBay to qualify you as a seller and then when your seller account has been approved, take professional photos of your clothes for display. The photo aspect is very important because your customers cannot feel and touch the products so they would have to rely on the photos you provide to make their decisions.
Then, you should add a title and description to your products. This should include a brand name, the size, color and condition of the clothes. Next, you should determine how much it would cost to ship the items to your buyers and make sure you include it on your website so that your buyers would know the total costs of purchasing the item from you.
2. Craigslist-: Another place where you can sell your stuffs on the internet is Craigslist especially if you reside in America. You can sell any type of clothes from new stuffs to used or vintage clothing. To sell on Craigslist, you would need to register a username and password.
A registration confirmation would be sent to your email address and then you are good to go. Visit the classifieds section and advertise your clothes with clean and clear photos of the clothes as well as the prices you wish to sell your products for.
3. Amazon-: Amazon is a popular e-commerce website like EBay and you can also sell your clothes very fast on Amazon although getting approval to sell your clothes on Amazon may take some time because Amazon screens its sellers strictly.
You would also need to pay a monthly subscription fee of $39.99 to Amazon to maintain your selling rights. You would also need to obtain a UPC or EAN code for each product you list on Amazon. Ensure that whatever you want to sell on Amazon is of a good quality because Amazon would totally review them.
4. ASOS-: ASOS recently launched a market place where people can list and sell their own clothing items. ASOS is a very good place to sell your stuffs especially if you are starting your own clothing line. Whenever you make a sale on ASOS, 20% commission is paid to ASOS alongside its monthly subscription fee of $30 per month. You would also be required to post a minimum of 15 different styles at every point in time.
5. Facebook-: Although Facebook is not an E-commerce website, it is a very good place to make sales. Facebook has over 1 billion active users monthly and is the fastest place to sell your stuffs on the internet. You can create a Facebook page for your products for free and also advertise your products on Facebook for a token.
6. Etsy-: If you are thinking of selling your used clothes or vintage clothing, Etsy is the best place to sell your used clothes faster. Etsy is a very huge internet market place with thousands of users and visitors.
7. Shopify-: If you want to start your own online store but do not understand the technicalities involved, relax because Shopify has got your back. Shopify hosts your online store and gives you access to a large number of buyers and sellers too.
8. Instagram-: Oh, so you thought Instagram was just for posting selfies and cute pictures? Instagram has become a huge market place with people making a lot of revenue from using their Instagram accounts to promote and sell their products. To sell on Instagram, you need to first build a large number of followers.
When you have a lot of followers, you can start taking pictures of your products and uploading them on your Instagram account. To increase visibility, you can make use of hash tags or pay people with large numbers of followers to help you advertise your products on their page.
9. Affiliates-: Another smart way to sell your clothes faster on the internet is making use of affiliates. Introduce an affiliate program on your website so that people can promote your products using their own means and resources and whenever they are able to generate sales for you, you would pay them commission. In order to get more people interested in your affiliate program, make sure you offer attractive commissions and incentives.
10. Blogging Platforms-: Having a popular blogger do a blog post about your clothing business could also do a lot of wonders for your revenue. Most bloggers would usually charge a couple of hundreds for a blog post. Some bloggers also have spaces for classified adverts on their website.
These are the top 10 places where you can sell your clothes very quickly on the internet. However, you must ensure that whatever medium you choose is cost-effective.