Are you about writing a business plan for a poultry farm? If YES, here is a sample poultry farming business plan financial projection, cost, budget & forecast suitable for investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing ideas & Strategies
Financial Projections and Costing
When it comes to calculating the cost of starting a commercial poultry farm, there are some key factors that should serve as a guide. The different type of birds to be raised in a commercial poultry farm determines the total cost of setting up the business.
Our Startup Budget and Expenditure
Besides, in setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting / leasing a big facility, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
This means that the start-up can either be low or high depending on your goals, vision and aspirations for your business. The tools and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked.
As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a commercial poultry farm and egg production business; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money. Below are some of the basic areas we will spend our start – up capital in setting up our commercial poultry farm;
- The Total Fee for incorporating the Business (commercial farm) in United States of America – $750.
- The amount needed to acquire / lease a farm land – $50,000
- The amount required for preparing the farm land (poultry fencing et al) – $30,000
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services (software, P.O.S machines and other software) – $3,300.
- Marketing promotion expenses for the grand opening of Bill The Carpenter™ Furniture, Inc. in the amount of $3,500 and as well as flyer printing (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for the total amount of $3,580.
- The total cost for hiring Business Consultant – $2,500.
- The total cost for payment of insurance policy covers (general liability, workers’ compensation and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $9,400
- The amount required for the purchase of the first set of chickens – $10,000
- The cost for acquiring the required working tools and equipment / machines / hatchery et al– $50,000
- Operational cost for the first 3 months (salaries of employees, payments of bills et al) – $60,000
- The Cost of Launching an official Website – $600
- Additional Expenditure (Business cards, Signage, Adverts and Promotions et al) – $2,000
Going by the report from detailed research and feasibility studies conducted, we will need an average of $500,000 to start a standard commercial poultry farm and egg production business in the United States of America.
A Sample Poultry Farming Business Plan Financial Projection
- Sources of Income
Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC is in the poultry farms and egg production line of business for the purpose of maximizing profits hence we have decided to explore all the available opportunities within the industry to achieve our corporate goals and objectives.
Below are the sources we intend exploring to generate income for Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC;
- Raising, processing and marketing chickens on a commercial level; we export chickens, processed chickens and eggs to other countries of the world.
- Table eggs produced by battery chickens (white)
- Table eggs produced by battery chickens (brown)
- Hatching eggs
- Specialty eggs
- Table eggs produced by free-range chickens
From the survey conducted, we were are able to discover that the sales generated by a commercial poultry farm and egg production business depends on the size of the poultry farm, the types of birds available in the poultry and of course the size of their marketing network.
We have perfected or sales and marketing strategies and we are set to hit the ground running and we are quite optimistic that we will meet or even surpass our set sales target of generating enough income / profits from the year of operations and build the business from survival to sustainability with the shortest period of time.
We have been able to critically examine the poultry farms and egg production business and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information gathered on the field and some workable assumptions as well with respect to the nature of commercial poultry farm and egg production business that we run.
Below are the projections that we were able to come up with for the first three years of running Noble Ernest Poultry Farms, LLC;
- First Fiscal Year-: $250,000
- Second Fiscal Year-: $600,000
- Third Fiscal Year-: $900,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown that can impact negatively on household spending, bad weather cum natural disasters (draughts, epidemics), and unfavorable government policies